Sign in to follow this  
joltan

Campaign intro and new terrain

I was wondering about that when I started the campaign, but forgot to post it earlier...

The spetznaz sniper in the campaign intro tells his officer he's having a visual on the objective (our hero), before he gets shot by the resistance sniper. Well, we see the view through his scope, but at least on my machine he's just aiming at the ground (terrain detail set to "high"). We see the resistance sniper come in by the trees in the upper left of the visible area, but the target is hidden behind a terrain elevation.

I'll post a screenshot once I get home this evenening.

Ok, here's the link to the pic: Scope View

He's aiming at our (invisible) hero. You can see the resistance sniper left of the sign below the trees.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Acidcrash @ July 01 2002,15:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i didnt get that, he could see just fine...<span id='postcolor'>

Maybe you use other settings for terrain detail? I use "high" and it's always the same - the supposed victim is not visible. Maybe terrain deformation is different for each user?

Probably developers made it with terrainlevel=normal... I don't know how this option distort terrain, if it's random distortion or any pre-set...

Try it with Normal level...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Maggo @ July 01 2002,16:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Probably developers made it with terrainlevel=normal... I don't know how this option distort terrain, if it's random distortion or any pre-set...

Try it with Normal level...<span id='postcolor'>

Hell, no - it's not that important to me... I'll rather stick with "high". Still, I think they should try to prepare their cutscenes to work regardless of the terrain setting.

Lol, plus have you seen all the spelling mistakes etc that they've included (in the briefings, cutscenes etc) and I've only even started the campaign i.e. 1 st mission, lmfao. Nice 1 BIS......no really.