Sign in to follow this  
jens198

Data/layer folder not filled correctly when Bulldozer started for the 1st time

Hi folks,

another problem I can't find a solution for. The road to success is really hard when you work with TB & friends.

- 51200 x 51200 m terrain

- sat and mask come from 4096x4096 jpg images

- everything seems to be setup as it should be

When I start bulldozer for the first time, I don't get the usual DOS window where U can see all the new layer files that are produced. Instead I can only see this:

Image2_zps19983f61.jpg

After a few seconds the DOS window disappears and bulldozer shows an untextured terrain.

WHat's strange is, that when I do the same with another terrain, I get the same error. And for this terrain it worked just fine in the past. I'm clueless.

Any ideas?

Jens

Ok, I reinstalled the tools completely, did not run Mikero's ArmA3p, loaded one of the sample maps and still get these strange results as seen in the screenshot above??? Nobody seen this before?

Jens

Looks like when TB calls the texture conversion routine it can't find it, so instead of a rolling report as your layers folder tiles get converted from .png to .paa you get a rolling report of "......"'s.

The location of this file "TexConvert.cfg" which TB needs at this stage is one of the registry "keys" written to the registry during the Tools install... However - in order to make sure the keys are written successfully, it's usually necessary to run something from the original Steam Menu...

Try launching the tools from Steam itself - that should get you a Steam-style menu with a few options - Run TerrainBuilder from that menu, then immediately close it again - get rid of steam and the steam menu and go back to launching TB as you normally do - load your project and try again.

B

OK, I finally got everything working again. As Bushlurker already suggested, the texConvert.cfg was missing/not correctly registered. I tried some copying and manual tinkering around. What actually worked, was to remove/uninstall everything by hand, reinstall the tools and running ArmA3p again. Anyway, I'm back in business....

Jens

Thanks for reporting back with your success and also detailing your solution - hopefully people with the same issue will find this thread and it'll help them too!

B