Sign in to follow this  
Sp0nk

Game crashing at launch, unmodded.

Hello!

My game is freezing/crashing the second its launched. I've tried to reinstall/rollback my graphics driver, but that didn't change anything.

You can see the logfile here: http://hastebin.com/uyereqaver.tex and i've tried running both -nobenchmark and -winxp to no effect.

The launcher starts fine, but as soon as the main "window" comes up, it freezes and crashes (crashes when i try to close the process via Task Mananger).

Thanks for the help!

Edit: I have deleted the entire game, and I am now downloading the game again from Steam.

Edit 2: Downloading the game had no effect. The game still freezes. See screenshot here

Edit 3: Reinstalled Windows, and the problem is now gone. Solved.

Edited by Sp0nk

Did you try without any commandline arguments? Have you checked the arma3.cfg-file?

-Window

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Startup_Parameters

"Screen resolution / window size are set in arma3.cfg."

Also, I can't see any mention of a -nobenchmark, only -benchmark which seems to be unfinished.

I have tried without any benchmark, configs or %appdata% entries to no avail. Decided to reinstall Windows and now its working fine again.

Whats this for?

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\dll\tbb4malloc_bi.dll

Hello!

My game is freezing/crashing the second its launched. I've tried to reinstall/rollback my graphics driver, but that didn't change anything.

You can see the logfile here: http://hastebin.com/uyereqaver.tex and i've tried running both -nobenchmark and -winxp to no effect.

The launcher starts fine, but as soon as the main "window" comes up, it freezes and crashes (crashes when i try to close the process via Task Mananger).

Thanks for the help!

Edit: I have deleted the entire game, and I am now downloading the game again from Steam.

Edit 2: Downloading the game had no effect. The game still freezes. See screenshot here

Edit 3: Reinstalled Windows, and the problem is now gone. Solved.

Darn; I was just about to uninstall mine and re-install it all..... but your error makes me want to wait for an alternative solution.... I do NOT want to re-install Windows as all other games by Steam,UPlay and Origin work fine.

My error messages are below.....

(N.B.) .............in line with the above question from the poster.... I just bought Arma 3 today (Steam), and already had it `pre-installed` from a brief tryout on my PC (a month or so ago).... and I just installed the Steam Paid Game (Update?) to the game.... but get these TWO Error messages whenever I start the game.....and I dont know if they are related to the posters question...

....or if I should do something...about it.

Can I put the Error messages here.... and see if they are caused by a smilar problem to the poster... in case he gets a fix?

Error Message 1.

Addon `A3_Structures_F_Bootcamp_CivSportsground` requires addon `A3_Structures_F_Kart_Civ_Sportsgrounds`

Error Message 2.

Include file

A3/Missions_F_EPA\Campaign_shared\Hubs\cfgB_skirmish02.hpp not found.

Thats it really....

I don`t know if they are important or not.

I will get back to starting the campaign............ if it will start without them.

Thank you for your consideration; and I will check back to see if they are similar to the posters error messages... with a potential similar way to fix?

EDIT (10-minutes later)

The Campaign still will not start.

Due to the error message.

Edited by colinsrap

colinsrap your errors are do to missing some files is all, no need to uninstall the game or windows for that matter, thats overkill.

your errors also has nothing to do with the original posters.

When are you getting these error mesages?

and

Have you bough the Kart DLC?

Also Post your rpt it can be found here: C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Arma 3

colinsrap your errors are do to missing some files is all, no need to uninstall the game or windows for that matter, thats overkill.

your errors also has nothing to do with the original posters.

When are you getting these error mesages?

and

Have you bough the Kart DLC?

Also Post your rpt it can be found here: C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Arma 3

Its Ok now.... I think it was just a couple files that went missing in the month or two since I ran the trial of Arma 3.

I uninstalled and re-installed the Full Steam game. It works perfect on this i7 GTX 780 rig. :)

Hopefully Sp0nk will get his game running.

Good deal, yes it was some files missing, if you have any issues or questions about mods, or just need help in general for the series send me a pm.

Also no need to quote me when my post is right above yours :)

I have a similar problem. I can't start the game after the new helicopter FM dev patch. I tried every way to start, but it didn't succsess.

After the start , the game is loading, but after the trademark screen I get a black screen and It doesn't happen nothing.

I tried start launcher and normal ikon , but the result is same. The steam local file check is 100% ok.The problem is same the stabil and dev version too.

I re-install VGA driver, deleted ARMA3 profile, I do virus scan, but nothing.

When i stared in launcher , I choose no-splash, no-intro and window option . This time , I reach to main menu, but I click any menu button I get " the program stopped working " error message. I use the newest dev patch.

Please, give me some advise to solve this problem, but I couldn't like re-install my windows, because other programs work fine . MY Pc spec : win7 64 bit , HD4850 1GB ram, 8gb ram 1600mhz, AMD 965x4 BE,asrock 970ext4.

before the above mentioned patch ,I could run the game fine.