ruthberg

Advanced Ballistics (WIP)

If you can't see any wind deflection at a 50 m/s crosswind, then something went wrong during installation.

Ruth, does this mod make an ACE check? It does not do wind deflection here. I'm running just a few pbo's from ACE, no weather or you advancedballistics(ace). I guess you check if ACE is running?

I wanted to use your advanced ballistics from inside ACE, but it has ACE_Weather requirement, which I currently don't want to use.

AB standalone does not check if ACE is running. But I will try to reproduce your wind deflection problems.

OK thanks. I tried advancedballistics without any mods, setwind to 35 m/s west (set with setwind array), its exactly from the north... and clouds and foliage reflect this... weapon is the default mx one, I shoot maybe 500m and the bullet is only vertically moving down, horizontally no movement.

@tebsuuu, all HLC G3 weapons work just fine for me. Are you really using the latest version of Advanced Ballistics (version 3.5)?

Edited by Ruthberg

Noticed how ACE3 and AB 3.5 use very different numbers for the same parameters:

AB 3.5

class arifle_MXM_F: arifle_MX_Base_F
{
	ACE_barrelTwist = 9;
	ACE_barrelLength = 18;
};

ACE3

class arifle_MXM_F: arifle_MX_Base_F {
       ACE_barrelTwist=228.6;
       ACE_barrelLength=457.2;
   };

I assume you switched to metric system for ACE.

Will you please update AB so that we can have ammo parameters compatible with both mods ?

Thanks!

Can i use this mod together with ACE3?

I see that in ACE3 there are some missing features like missing mirage and paralax effect.

How should the userconfig look like when used together with ACE3?

ACE3 already has Adv. Bal. integrated into it. Those effects you talk about were a bad implementation anyway and Ruthberg have deleted them.

Hello,

I unable to install : Advanced Ballistics - Kestrel 4500 can help me.
I am new in this game

grieve for the translation I am French.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

phil

bonjour,

je n'arrive pas a installer:  AdvancedBallistics - Kestrel4500 pouvez vous m aider.
je suis novice dans ce jeux 

désoler pour la traduction je suis français.

merci d'avance de votre aide.

phil

Yo Ruthberg, 

are you still active, bro?

Does your ACE3 Advanced Ballistics (especially your awesome "Sandbox Mission") support 3rd party Gun mod like this Dagger Gun mod (https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/187196-dagger-weapons-for-arma-3-and-ace-3/)? Will i be able to use this Dagger Gun mod with your "Sandbox Mission"?

Unfortunately, I am not sure that Ruthberg / Ultek will update his stand alone version,

he seems to be busy with a another project but i hope he will be back soon. :)

Are there any know issues with this and A3 1.56+?

This mod as well as his Kestrel and ATragMX are one of a kind and hopefully Ruthberg will continue to work on it as a separate mod.

/KC

Seems that the Kestrel4500 and ATragMX doesn't show up in the Arsenal and I couldn't find it in the NATO support box either. Thankfully adding them manually works.

this addItem "Kestrel4500"; this AddItem "ATragMX";

/KC

Hey guys,

Ruthberg has stoped working in this standalone version when it was added to ACE.

If you want to have the Advanced Ballistics you must install ACE.

Good hunting!

The stand alone seems to work correctly, except for the Vertical Coriolis drift (or Eotvos effect).

This problem appeared after the Arma3 1.52 (and always effective in the 1.60) but fixed in ACE3 since the 3.4.2.

I suppose that it's certainly easy for a scripter to fix this bug in the advanced_ballistics.sqf but,

i suggest you to try ACE3 and enable the Advanced Ballistic module in your game.

Personally, i use the settings framework to play with AB only, it's very easy : http://ace3mod.com/wiki/framework/settings-framework.html

And i have in my @ace/addons folder only those pbos (dependencies' parameters), that's all, but you can add what you want after :

- ace_advanced_ballistics

- ace_atragmx

- ace_ballistics

- ace_common

- ace_interact_menu

- ace_interaction

- ace_kestrel4500

- ace_main

- ace_modules

- ace_rangecard

- ace_scopes

- ace_server

- ace_weather

Hope that help.

My apologies for my english and good shot.  :)

• Like 1

Hi Ruth, I hope you still  work on this one, I don't use the ACE component, I think I avoided dependencies...

There's an error message already in editor since yesterdays ArmA dev branch:

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/490145495159569297/0F90C534509AA54661E3571E50D0898DDDD52E1B/

Hey, great mod, i like it a lot.

Im still quite new to Arma3.

But im having difficulties using the ATragMX to add a gun profile for the RHS MK 11 mod 0.

Or can i use existing profile for it ? Maybe i used wrong one.

Gun accepts 3 mags in game --> 7.62mm M118/M993/M62-Tracer 20Rnd Mag.

tried putting values from cfgammo.cpp

class B_762x51_Ball : BulletBase

class AB_762x51_Ball_M118LR : B_762x51_Ball

dont quite get it with the C! coefficient ...

Hope someone can help.

Ruthberg - I just want to say "thank you so much" for your dedication to develop this, which, has literally breathed life back into a game I otherwise was shelving for a while. I've never had this much fun virtually shooting long distance. It's as real life as I've ever encountered. Job well done!!!

• Like 2

I know this mod is outdated, but I still use it to avoid ACE complexity. Maybe it's helpful for someone:

There's an out of array bug in pbo/advancedballistics\functions\fn_climate_simulation.sqf causing errors (global variable "AB_Humidity" undefined)  if month = December.

Line 110:

AB_Humidity = (_AB_Humidity select _month) / 100;

change to:

AB_Humidity = (_AB_Humidity select (_month - 1)) / 100;
  • Like 2

Hi everyone, I remember BC's being subject to change at the transonic range. BC seems to be a constant now. this makes me sad i really love the added challenge... one had to true one's bc table before. what is the reason for the change?
thank you
-Enoch

How is advanced ballistics even using twist?  Is it related to bullet caliber and grain like in real life, or just lower numbers are 'better'?