ruthberg

Advanced Ballistics (WIP)

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Just for kicks - a small drag model comparision. The following graphs illustrate the velocity and drop differences between ArmA's airFriction and the G drag model:

m80-vcebs47.png

m80-vddrs65.png

m80-dcx8sxo.png

m80-ddw0szc.png

Edited by Ruthberg

Hi Ruthberg,

just a little bug report, it's not possible to change the AdvancedBalllistics keys since the 2.4 version,

he doesn't appear in the "CONFIGURE ADDONS" but works fine. No problem for the Kestrel and the Atrag.

Someone can confirm (or not) ?

Thanks a lot for your fantastic addon.

My apologies for my poor english.

OK, i can change the AdvancedBalllistics keys only when i'm playing a mission but it's not really a bug :

CBA readme :

*** KNOWN ISSUES ***

- CBA Keybinding requires a mission to be initialized to function properly. This includes working in the main menu of Arma 3.

Command-line parameters like -world=empty or -skipIntro will cause Keybinding to work ONLY in-game but NOT in the main menu of Arma.

Anyway, all works correctly. Thank you again.:)

Version 2.5 Changelog:

-Added config data for RHS (AFRF and USAF), TMR and the new HLC MP5 pack

-Added ability to see mirage through binoculars, rangefinders and laser designators

-Slightly increased the visibility of the mirage effect

-Scope zeroing is now persistent (retained on game restart)

-Fixed bullet trace not visible when looking through binoculars, rangefinders and laser designators

---------- Post added at 18:46 ---------- Previous post was at 18:39 ----------

The scope zero setting (CTRL+SHIFT+UP, CTRL+SHIFT+DOWN) of every scope is now saved and restored when you restart the game. This allows you to zero your rifle at your own standard conditions to your preferred zero range.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

Hi Ruthberg,

Trying your mod for the first time here. There's a "Lea" folder in your download, where does that go exactly? I've started playing ArmA 3 again, after a long hiatus and my mind has forgot a lot. I do have Loadout Editor installed correctly and working.

Thanks,

How'd you get the bipod? Im new to arma, thanks! Also does anyone have a possible tutorial on how to make shots step by step?

Edited by Khandaker

How'd you get the bipod?
There are several mods that introduce weapon resting to the game (VTS, TMR, CSE, AGM just to name a few). And tons of weapon mods which contain bipods.
Also does anyone have a possible tutorial on how to make shots step by step?

This might help: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?181324-Advanced-Ballistics-(WIP)&p=2788362&viewfull=1#post2788362

I am really getting the hang of this! But how do you guys manage to shoot targets over 1500-2000 m? It never works out for me.

Vekongmaster has created a guide that provides the necessary knowledge to deliver a precision long-range shot.

He asked me to make it available for the public: scribd - zippyshare

Hey Ruthberg it's me again after a while. ;D

We found that the subsonic ammunition for the G28 of the BWA3 behaves strange since you introduced the BWA3 config enhancements. I haven't checked yet but maybe you left those out? Or do you have problems calculating the trajectory for subsonic ammunition?

I will do some more excessive testing for vehicles when I find time for it.

Thanks

I will take a look at it.

Edit: The config data for the BWA3_B_762x51_Ball_SD ammunition class is missing. I'll fix that in version 2.6. Thanks for reporting!

Edited by Ruthberg

hi Ruthberg :)

First off, i've tested all your bullets (loaded in Vanilla, Massi's, & Trixie's). They're awesomely dead on :bounce3: except two bullets...

i found that the BC value of .338 LM (Trixie's) and .50 BMG (vanilla) are not the way they should be :(

the ammo database says they got BC of 0.381 (G7) and 0.670 (G1) so i entered them into my own ballistics solver ("Applied Ballistics") :cool:

but in-game, the .338 LM always goes high and the .50 BMG always goes low (i shot them beyond 1 km) :( while other bullets perfectly match my solver...

So i ended up adjusting their both BC's. When the group was high, i increased my BC. When the group was low, i lowered my BC (the old school truing technique yihhaa! lol XD). And finally after dozens of shots, i managed to get their correct BC's which dead on at any range...

It turns out that the accurate BC of your .338 LM is 0.395 (G7) and the accurate BC of your .50 BMG is 0.640 (G1) :butbut:

Perhaps you could check them out, maybe a little bug with the air friction or something...Other bullets are perfectly awesome :bounce3:

Secondly, the wind is now changing like crazy every second :butbut: everytime i take a shot, the drift always changes. yes, i already knew this mod got uprange & downrange wind based on the terrain but the latest version kinda feels way more windy than the previous ones. Did you already apply the Dynamic wind feature? :confused:

Thirdly, the scope zero is now completely persistent and now i can see some mirage through my rangefinders :yay: good job Ruthberg!

P.S.: Your mod is totally awesome as always! Could you kindly add another super ammo like .416 Barrett & .50 Hornady A-Max to compete with the .408 CT? that'd be wicked cool!

Edited by TiborasaurusRex

Anyone else seeing their RPT filling up with these?

0:15:48 Error in expression <,0.4]],[1,0],0,0,"","",""];}; _bullet setVelocity [_bulletVelocity select 0, _> 
0:15:48 Error position: <setVelocity [_bulletVelocity select 0, _>
0:15:48 Error Type Any, expected Number
0:15:48 File advancedballistics\fnc_advanced_ballistics.sqf, line 288

Anyone know of any apps that can be used to get firing solutions as a means of bypassing the in-game ballistics computer.

i found that the BC value of .338 LM (Trixie's) and .50 BMG (vanilla) are not the way they should be :(

It turns out that the accurate BC of your .338 LM is 0.395 (G7) and the accurate BC of your .50 BMG is 0.640 (G1) :butbut:

Perhaps you could check them out, maybe a little bug with the air friction or something...Other bullets are perfectly awesome :bounce3:

Thanks for the thorough testing! I will try to reproduce your observations.
Secondly, the wind is now changing like crazy every second :butbut: everytime i take a shot, the drift always changes. yes, i already knew this mod got uprange & downrange wind based on the terrain but the latest version kinda feels way more windy than the previous ones. Did you already apply the Dynamic wind feature? :confused:
AdvancedBallistics does not alter the reference wind speed (the wind speed at altitudes greater than 20m above ground). The dynamic wind feature is not yet implemented and I don't it's going to make it into the next version either. I had to discard my draft version of the new wind system because it was overcomplicated. You can try this weather mod in the meanwhile: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?178674-Dynamic-weather-script-and-addon-tort_DynamicWeather

If you play on any of the 360 Degree Training Course maps you'll have static reference wind speeds, which are randomized on mission start.

P.S.: Your mod is totally awesome as always! Could you kindly add another super ammo like .416 Barrett & .50 Hornady A-Max to compete with the .408 CT? that'd be wicked cool!
The problem with adding new ammo types is, that you also need 3rd party weapon packs that make use of it. But I'll try to find a workaround for this problem.

PS: Are you really the guy from youtube? In that case, thank you very much for your awesome SNIPER 101 series. I've watched all of the videos, and it helped me a lot!

---------- Post added at 10:15 ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 ----------

Anyone else seeing their RPT filling up with these?

0:15:48 Error in expression <,0.4]],[1,0],0,0,"","",""];}; _bullet setVelocity [_bulletVelocity select 0, _> 
0:15:48 Error position: <setVelocity [_bulletVelocity select 0, _>
0:15:48 Error Type Any, expected Number
0:15:48 File advancedballistics\fnc_advanced_ballistics.sqf, line 288

On which map are you playing, and what are you doing to trigger the RPT spam?

Anyone know of any apps that can be used to get firing solutions as a means of bypassing the in-game ballistics computer.
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/applied-ballistics/id785619104?mt=8

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.appliedballisticsllc.appliedballistics&hl=en

As for the free ones you have to find out yourself what works best:

https://play.google.com/store/search?q=Ballistic%20Calculator

---------- Post added at 10:58 ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 ----------

On Altis, firing the F2000 ELGM.

I haven't managed to reproduce it yet, but I noticed, that the config data for the F2000 ELGM is missing. It will be included in the next update:

class arifle_Mk20_GL_F
{
AB_barrelTwist=7;
AB_barrelLength=16;
};

---------- Post added at 11:20 ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 ----------

Version 2.6 Changelog:

-Added missing config data for (arifle_Mk20_GL_F, arifle_Katiba_GL_F, arifle_MX_GL_F, arifle_MX_SW_F, SMG_02_F and BWA3_B_762x51_Ball_SD)

-Added latitude and altitude information for (Caribou, Namalsk, MCN_Aliabad, Clafghan, Sangin, Sara, reshmaan, Thirsk and lingor)