ruthberg

Advanced Ballistics (WIP)

This was done by combining output data from JBM Ballistics with an xls template from TiborasaurusRex.

@Ruthberg: wow you're a fan of TiborasaurusRex aka T-Rex, bro? me too bro lol :D remember a ballistics solver (called Ballistics_XLR) i gave you one month ago? its template is completely based on TiborasaurusRex's using heavily modified Pejsa formula :D

man i've been loving T-Rex and his Sniper 101 series since the beginning of time lol XD! he's totally an excellent precision shooter and a religious reverent too lol XD make sure you guys subscribe to his youtube channel here to get a better understanding on the basic fundamentals of precision shooting ;)

the creator of Ballistics_XLR is one of the TiborasaurusRex's best friends called Meccastreisand. Make sure you guys also subscribe to his youtube channel here

Yes, I am a fan of TiborasaurusRex ;).

I will upload a video that demonstrates the mirage effect soon. But I think I have to improve it nonetheless, since most people seem to have trouble with it.

HighRes: mirage_real.mp4

Edited by Ruthberg

I tried to make sure that everything works like you would expect, but I did not pay particular attention to the issue you mentioned. The modified packs however, require AdvancedBallistics or it will not work.

---------- Post added at 08:48 ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 ----------

I will pay attention to the weapon <-> magazine dependencies when I update Trixie's configs the next time.

Yea there are a few things like the Mk12 will not accept the Mk262 mags that are listed. A few weapons will not accept scopes and are not ASDG Jointrails compatible. But i can not remember which ones they were anymore. When I finish my PC upgrade i will go back in and take a look at what I have in the configs i was working on. I would love to expand the ammo types listed for the mod pack if possible so maybe I can try to help you with that once this process is done.

Few days ago I finally noticed mirage. Its easiest to spot when you turn parallax to 100 or 0 and look at the skyline. Effect needs improvement because now its tears geometry and instead being an aid introduces lots of graphical artefacts.

yes we could actually notice some vague Mirage on this mod when we max out the scope magnification and focus out the parallax

@Ruthberg: honestly i could barely see it :'( imho Mirage should look like a Steam or a Heat Wave that comes off from the ground. I have a little suggestion, it'd be so much better if we could also use our Spotting scope or Range Finder to see the mirage coz they offer much greater magnification than the LRPS. Could you make the Mirage appear on the Range Finder? or maybe you already have without me knowing it?

imho mirage would look like this (though these pics don't seem so clear neither lol)

HpWCxWu

XVo8tJ3

source: Magpul Dynamics - Art of the Precision Rifle

please go watch that series, it contains lotta Mirage scene :)

Edited by vekongmaster

Effect needs improvement because now its tears geometry and instead being an aid introduces lots of graphical artefacts.
I will try to, but I can't promise that it will become better. Suggestions of how to implement it, are welcome.
I have a little suggestion, it'd be so much better if we could also use our Spotting scope or Range Finder to see the mirage coz they offer much greater magnification than the LRPS. Could you make the Mirage appear on the Range Finder? or maybe you already have without me knowing it?
I will do that, it was planned anyways.
please go watch that series

I watched it some time ago.

Edited by Ruthberg

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

@Ruthberg: All important things have been covered by your mod, so far. Thanks a lot for following some of my suggestions, i really appreciate that. Your mod already offers: real BC, dynamic MV, dynamic Air Density/Atmospheric condition, inclination angle effect, Spin drift & Coriolis, Uprange & Downrange Wind, and Mirage (needs to be improved a lil bit) which other mods and other simulators don't have :)

one last thing needs to be done (please, i hope you're really working on it):

-- Coming features ---

- A way to adjust your scope zero (point of impact with elevation being 0 mil)

after it's done, i think Advanced Ballistics will be fully complete \ :D / i won't need to go out to the shooting range no more and i'll end up being a social outcast hahaha XD

Edited by vekongmaster

Version 2.3 Changelog

-Added a scope zero adjustment (adjustable point of impact with elevation being 0 mil)

-Added more ammo configs (Mk318, 7N6M, 7T3M, 7N14, 7T2, 57-N-231-P, 57-N-181-S, .32 ACP)

-Fixed another bug in the muzzle velocity calculation (was only present for some ammo types)

The default key combination for the zero adjustment is CTRL+SHIFT+UP/DOWN.

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Version 2.3 Changelog

-Added a scope zero adjustment (adjustable point of impact with elevation being 0 mil)

-Added more ammo configs (Mk318, 7N6M, 7T3M, 7N14, 7T2, 57-N-231-P, 57-N-181-S, .32 ACP)

-Fixed another bug in the muzzle velocity calculation (was only present for some ammo types)

The default key combination for the zero adjustment is CTRL+SHIFT+UP/DOWN.

OMG congrats for the zero adjustment, Ruthberg! :yay:

Advanced Ballistics is finally complete :bounce3:

We have this mod running for some weeks now. One thing we noticed is that the game becomes extremely unbalanced fighting AI having harsh weather conditions since they are not influenced by the ballistics.

Depending on the wind strength one could apply setskill.

Another things is that for heavy vehicle projectiles the zeroing gets messed up, maybe you could implement some kind of ammo whitelist or blacklist to exclude such special ammunition.

here let me sum it up for you:

1) input loadout parameter on the solver

open up the AtragMX (Break key) or use your own solver to input these things:

- Ballitics Coefficient - how aerodynamic the shape of bullet overcome the Air Friction to retain its velocity

- Muzzle Velocity - initial bullet velocity which always varies depending on the Ammo Temp!

- Bullet mass, Bullet diameter, Bullet length

- Zero Range

- Scope Height, etc

2) measure the Air Density or Atmospheric Condition

open up the Kestrel (Scroll lock key) & measure the Air pressure, Air Temp, Humidity, then input them on your solver

3) Range the target

use your Rangefinder (B key)

4) measure the Angle of Firing

open up the protractor (ctrl+shift+k) to measure the Inclination Angle, then input it on the solver

5) Spin Drift & Coriolis

the AtragMX won't show it so use your own solver (if you have lol)

spin drift is due to barrel rifling twist, bullet length

coriolis is due to ToF, latitude, and azimuth

but those won't matter too much unless you're doing extreme long range shooting

6) do the Wind Call

- get wind direction (shift+k)

- measure Uprange Wind through kestrel

- measure Downrange Wind through Mirage (but you can barely see it lol)

- input them on your solver

7) let the solver do the math and come up with the Firing Solution (Drop & Drift in Mils or MoA)

8) go prone and deploy your rifle on a bipod to steady your aim

9) to compensate for the drop & drift, you can hold it off (aim above the target & aim into the wind) or dial it in on the scope adjustment

Elevation adjustment is up & down arrow key (↑ ↓), Windage adjustment is right & left arrow key (↠→)

i prefer dialing the elevation and holding the windage (since wind is changing like crazy lol XD)

10) relax, hold your breath (in a second), then pull the trigger gently to send it! BAANNGG!!!

holy shit! it's so freaking busy dude...thanx for da info anyway, gonna keep practicing to get the hang of it...

dear creator of this mod, can you provide us all the details on those loadouts parameter and stuffs?

Another things is that for heavy vehicle projectiles the zeroing gets messed up, maybe you could implement some kind of ammo whitelist or blacklist to exclude such special ammunition.
What types of ammunition, exactly? I think the best solution would be to reworked the zero system of vehicle mounted weapons.

---------- Post added at 18:17 ---------- Previous post was at 17:58 ----------

dear creator of this mod, can you provide us all the details on those loadouts parameter and stuffs?
I added a ammunition and weapons database to the main post of this thread. Let me know if this is good enough.

Persistent zero setting for mil turrets

Please do not implement it or implement it only for specific scopes.

Why?

Because in example PSO-1 scope in reality have adjustment in meters (not in mils and its only for elevation, no for windage). In game with this mod PSO-1 have both adjustments (zeroing in meters and adjustment in mil) whitch is fairly ok (nobody forcing me to use mil adjustment), but if you implement this feature we will not be able to set PSO scope zeroing in meters.

Also some other Russian scopes have a zeroing in meters.

Please keep it in mind while implementing this feature.

I will keep that in mind. But the idea behind the persistent zero feature is, that you do not lose your (custom) zero setting, when you restart the game.

I generally play on a server that uses both your mod, and CSE, which causes some major conflicts. I have been testing both your mod, and CSE together, and learned that "cse_sys_winddeflection," is not causing problems. It's actually "cse_f_eh," due to their proprietary eventhandlers, and your use of extended_eventhandlers. So I went through the cse_f_eh file and changed the proprietary eventhandlers to XEH. Here's a video I shot using CSE and your mod, demonstrating how far off the mils are:

Here's a hotfix for these two mods, signed with server and client signatures:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c5byq6o0zqe9pld/Advanced%20Ballistics%20CSE%20Fix.rar?dl=0

It basically eliminates the CSE eventhandlers for "fired" commands, and replaces it with XEH, so your mod plays nice with it.

Thanks for your work, great mod.

i get the feeling that some non-vanilla guns don't really load your projectiles (M33, M118LR, MK262, etc) in the game...

i've tested them all...the good news is that the vanila guns seem to work perfectly just fine :)

M320 Lrr really loads the .408 CT

MXM 6.5mm really loads the 6.5x39 mm (Grendel)

Mk18 ABR really loads the 7.62x51 mm (M80)

why Trixie's guns don't load your projectiles? i've input the parameter onto my solver exactly like your weapon database but they don't match the BC & MV described on the weapon database :(

where are the M33, M118LR, MK262, etc? since the vanila guns don't load them, i used some weapon mods like Trixie etc but the projectiles seem different from what you discribed on weapon database :/

what weapon mods that really load them? what weapon mods you used for those ammo?

i get the feeling that some non-vanilla guns don't really load your projectiles (M33, M118LR, MK262, etc) in the game...

That's true. But I am already working on a solution for this.
why Trixie's guns don't load your projectiles?

See: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?181324-Advanced-Ballistics-(WIP)&p=2789621&viewfull=1#post2789621

what weapon mods that really load them?

The only public 3rd party weapon pack, that already ships with a complete data set for AdvancedBallistics is EricJs @u100.

what weapon mods you used for those ammo?

I will soon release a new version, with config data for the following weapon packs included:

@RH_M4_A3 - @RH_PDW_A3 - @RH_Pistol_A3

@hlcmods_ar15 - @hlcmods_ak - @hlcmods_g3 - @hlcmods_fal - @hlcmods_m14 - @hlcmods_core

@NATO_Russian_SF_Weapons

@BWA3

(@Trixie_XM8 - @Trixie_Recon - @Trixie_Rifles - @Trixie_BritishWeapons)

Edited by Ruthberg

yes i've used your modified Trixie's guns but they don't seem to load your M33, M118LR, & .338 LM :( any suggestion?

anyway, the Scope Zero Adjustment is working perfectly awesome bro! :) it feels like i'm really dialing my knob (Mil to Mil) to zero the gun :D your mod is truly the best! i'm waiting for the Persistent Zero which allows us to retain the new zero ;) i hope you include that on the next release...

Version 2.4 Changelog:

-Added config data for several 3rd party weapon mods (RH, HLC, BWA3, Trixie and Massi)

-Added climate data for Bornholm and Imrali

-Minor performance improvements

@jokowidodo, I will try to include the persistent zero in the next version.

@Yakavetta, thank you for your efforts.

Edited by Ruthberg