G'day Drongo69,

Recently downloaded DCE and am enjoying using it. I play a mix of SP and MP. Spend a fair bit of time trying to create MP missions, I have found DCE to be very handy when testing missions. I hope you update and release your other mods. I'm particularly interested in the Air Support Mod.

Keep up the good work and look forward to seeing the rest of your work updated.

Holy Shit, was waiting for this release and just noticed its in.

Brilliant mod Drongo69. Was a big fan of the last version. Yep, keep it up mate. Subscribed. :f:

Hi Drongo69,

Great mod as mentioned above. One problem I have is your UI is a lot larger than the tablet overlay on my screen. I am using 1920x1200 in 16:10 mode with "Very Small" text. Is there a way to make your ui scale to fit ? Sorry, not sure how to grab a screenshot to show you.

Its not a deal-breaker though. All functions work as intended.

Thanks.

Drongo's RTS overview with a lot of DCE usage and intelligent commentary on the world at large:

• Like 3

Here is a short overview of the reinforcements system. Writing your own army lists is very simple. It is really easy to set up and customize.

• Like 5

Hey Drongo thanks for your Command Mods!

I have just a question:
How does it work the target button and the suppressive firing?

Beacuse seems that with the target button the ai act as they are doing suppressive fire.

Thanks again for this mod, and can't wait for the Artillery and Air Support module!

EDIT:
I was just wondering:
When the other modules will be avaiable, will be there the possibility to remove the group from the DCE?
And is there a way to the ai to use fastropes/slingload with the helicopters?

8 hours ago, mrstregatto said:

How does it work the target button and the suppressive firing?
When the other modules will be avaiable, will be there the possibility to remove the group from the DCE?
And is there a way to the ai to use fastropes/slingload with the helicopters?

The target button makes your squad AI shoot directly at the target under your cursor. This is for situations like when an enemy MRAP rolls up 10 meters in front of you and your AI won't engage. In short "Shoot that now!".

Suppression is area fire around the target.

I have never looked at fastroping or slingloads, I'll put it on the to do list.

You can exclude any group from DCE by adding it to dceExcludedGroups. For example:

dceExcludedGroups = dceExcludedGroups + [_myGroup];

There is an update of DCE coming soon. Some of the fixes/updates:

• Dialog now displays properly on all UI sizes (thanks X39)
  • Waypoint system updated and now has black lines from the group to each waypoint (like High Command)
  • Reinforcements system integrated at the addon level (can still customize with scripting)
  • Can now see individual markers for each man and vehicles in the selected group in Command
  • New markers for marking the individual men/vehicles in a squad
  • Can turn off reports of civilians
  • General tidy up, optimization and modernizing of code

There are still some sporadic waypoint issues with vehicles for some reason (issues which don't affect infantry, helos or jets). I pray to Odin that BIS fixes the tank AI with the upcoming DLC. If AI tanks still keep turning their rear armour to the enemy and crashing into each other all the time, then the whole DLC will be worthless.

My air and artillery mods are very functional and I use them every week in my coop games. But they lack the final polish for a public release. I also want to add a lot of features to DAS. So it depends on my motivation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

First post updated with new version. Changelog:

• Dialog now displays properly on all UI sizes (thanks X39)
  • Waypoint system updated and now has black lines from the group to each waypoint (like vanilla High Command)
  • Reinforcements system integrated at the addon level (can still customize with scripting)
  • Can now see individual markers for each man and vehicles in the selected group in Command
  • New markers for marking the individual men/vehicles in a squad
  • Can turn off reports of civilians
  • Improved "taking fire" markers
  • Scripted objectives and end-game module (for use with the reinforcements system)
  • General tidy up, optimization and modernizing of code

Archive includes sample army lists and a demo mission. Video overview of the new features:

Edited to replace the babbling with a proper trailer.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Hey thanks for the update!

But I have a problem:
the mod seems to be the same like if there was no update.

Is something that I did wrong?

I have also deleted the old mod directory

Sorry, I included old files in the archive, I just uploaded a fixed copy. Please download it again from the first post.

Hey there. I'm exploring the addon and I've discovered that AI teleportation functions are kinda broken. Going into command mode and trying to use the Teleport function displays a SQF error about the interpreter encountering a local variable in global space. It says the error is in TeleportClick.sqf, Line 2, and indeed the displayed snippet of code has one of the parameters without an underscore behind it.

Also, using the the UNSTUCK button appears to do nothing. Every time I use it, a hint message pops up that says "No Unit Selected". I've tried selecting from the list in the addon menu, and I've tried having the units selected in the normal way through the function keys, but so far I've had no luck getting it to work.

There are a couple of other things that are broken. The button with the medical bag on it which I presume is a heal self button displays a SQF error message. Trying to use the button with all the directions on it in high command mode also displays a SQF error instead of working.

However, I'm most interested in the teleportation features. I've written my own teleport scripts for my group but they are clunky at best and sometimes cause a lot of problems.

The problems I've encountered happen in both singleplayer and multiplayer missions.

@Drongo69  Hi.
If you don't mind, I found a few errors in your scripts. Here are the fixes:
1. DCE/Scripts/Command/Facing.sqf
Error when using  _this. It passes an array, but this function (setFormDir) requires a number!

// Called from the Command dialog
params ["_facing"];
dceSelectedGroup setFormDir _facing;
(leader dceSelectedGroup) sidechat format ["Roger. Facing angle %1.",_facing];
private _vehicles = dceSelectedGroup call dce_fnc_GroupVehicles;
if (dceForceVehicleFacing) then {
	{nul = [_x,_facing] execVM "DCE\Scripts\Core\ForceVehicleDir.sqf"} forEach _vehicles;
};

2. DCE/Scripts/Command/TeleportClick.sqf
You had mistakenly put "y" among private variables!

// Teleports a group
private ["_pos","_x","_y","_group","_vehicles","_men","_elements","_element","_z"];
_pos = _this select 0;
_x = _pos select 0;
_y = _pos select 1;
_group = dceSelectedGroup;
hintSilent "";
_vehicles = [];
_men = [];
_elements = [];
_vehicles = _group call dce_fnc_GroupVehicles;
_men = _group call dce_fnc_ListGroupDismounts;
_elements = _vehicles + _men;
_element = objNull;
_z = 0.3;
while {((count _elements) > 0)} do {
	_element = _elements select 0;
	_elements = _elements - [_element];
	_element setPos [_x,_y,_z];
	_y = _y + 15;
};
hintSilent "";

3. DCE/Scripts/Command/Teleport.sqf
missing [ ] for execVM

// Called from DCE\Scripts\Command\OrderButton.sqs
// Captures a maplick and teleports the group there
closeDialog 0;
sleep 0.5;
openMap true;
hintSilent "Click destination";
onMapSingleClick "";
onMapSingleClick "[_pos] execVM 'DCE\Scripts\Command\TeleportClick.sqf'; onMapSingleClick ''; true;";

I'll let you know if I find anything new.

Hope it helps!

P.S: Thank you for this great mod!

• Like 2

Thanks for the headsup. BTW the latest version can be found here (features getter garrison options and a light artillery system). I'll check if these bugs are still in the latest version and if so post an update soon.

• Like 3

I found those errors in v0.21 on the first page of this thread! I'll check out the new version later today. Thank you.

Could you add a height limit of 5-10 m and a speed cap of 3 miles per hour-for AT-helicopters to stay out of sight in forested areas ,so they can get to points undetected below treetop height? Thank you.

I really need someone to explain me the function of every button, button by button. there is literally no tutorial or documentation talking about it, I want like just one image with the function and description of every button. Drongo's says to learn it by myslef but I couldnt and only figured ouut the formation buttons till now

17 hours ago, General_Furry said:

I really need someone to explain me the function of every button, button by button. there is literally no tutorial or documentation talking about it, I want like just one image with the function and description of every button. Drongo's says to learn it by myslef but I couldnt and only figured ouut the formation buttons till now

I'm afraid it is kinda dead.  Trawl though the previous posts is my recommendation for usage.

I think he's still active on Steam but  not here anymore. I also use this GUI alongside Leopards All in One. Really I have no idea what most of these buttons do i pretty much use it for the very quick access to the 'Fire on My Lead" command which to me is essential in not allowing my AI to start a firefight/give away our position too early. All in One has this command as well IIRC, but the problem is my mind has the old OFP number'ed commands entrenched so deeply I cant re-program it fast enough to quick draw up that command - hence why i use both

• Like 2