What ever happened to this masterpiece? I love the enemy spotting/casualty reporting from the AI, I'm surprised nobody has done anything with that! I would love an independent mod for AI communication.

The updated DCE will probably be out some time early next month. My arty, air support and Middle East mods will follow at a rate depending on motivation and community response. After those are out, I will be releasing some new SP/coop missions and campaigns.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

looking great @Drongo69 :slayer:

is there key shortcuts too or all mouse use so far?

On 01/11/2016 at 10:15 PM, DEV614 said:

What ever happened to this masterpiece? I love the enemy spotting/casualty reporting from the AI, I'm surprised nobody has done anything with that! I would love an independent mod for AI communication.

I will agree with everything said here. The lack of information on the battlefield as an AI commander has always bothered me. This does what no other mod does and I would love to see AI communication expanded.

I have only briefly tried this mod, but if there are no conflicts with advanced AI command and C2, then this mod could fill another gap and complement those two mods. 

• Like 1

On ‎24‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 9:21 PM, .kju said:

looking great @Drongo69 :slayer:

is there key shortcuts too or all mouse use so far?

Thanks .kju. Do you mean like assigning formations etc to hotkeys? At the moment nearly everything is mouse-based, though there is a unit interaction key (used for reporting targets under the cursor and other things) and a general action key that can be bound by the mission maker. If you (or others) have ideas for hotkeys, please share them.

On ‎3‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 1:29 AM, Nablatidis said:

I will agree with everything said here. The lack of information on the battlefield as an AI commander has always bothered me. This does what no other mod does and I would love to see AI communication expanded.

I have only briefly tried this mod, but if there are no conflicts with advanced AI command and C2, then this mod could fill another gap and complement those two mods. 

Once my mods and missions are out, I might release a bunch of script sets I use (terrain analysis, spawning AI to fill a town, etc). If there is demand I might release the info-share stuff as a stand-alone.

Currently on-course for a release this weekend or next.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

yep that is the basic idea.

one approach would be to use 4x4 blocks (or 3x3) for like

qwer

asdf

yxcv

another would be to use num block, or to make key assignment based on logical groups (all formations, all combat modes, etc)

the ability to customize as user would be even a step further but imo not necessary if you find a good default setup

On 1/3/2018 at 5:43 PM, Drongo69 said:

Once my mods and missions are out, I might release a bunch of script sets I use (terrain analysis, spawning AI to fill a town, etc). If there is demand I might release the info-share stuff as a stand-alone.

Currently on-course for a release this weekend or next.

I would definitely be interested in the terrain analysis/AI information sharing! I'm glad to see you active again, your mods have always complimented any mission utilizing AI so well!

• Like 1

On 1/9/2018 at 9:19 AM, DEV614 said:

I would definitely be interested in the terrain analysis/AI information sharing! I'm glad to see you active again, your mods have always complimented any mission utilizing AI so well!

Yeah Terrain Analysis sounds pretty sick and also interested in your Town Fill -pretty much all of its gold.

First post updated with a download link. Here is a video overview:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

thanks for the update and excellent intro video :rthumb:

edit: do you still accept suggestions at this point?

Thanks foxhound.

10 hours ago, .kju said:

do you still accept suggestions at this point?

Definitely. DCE will continue to be upgraded, so I encourage everyone to post suggestions (and any bugs they find).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nice one. Playing around with it now.

Got a few questions ofc :)

What are the modules for in the editor? Can't find anyting in the readme.

What would be the command to remove groups constantly in a dynamicly created mission like alive? I'm getting bombarded with reports of civilians and the map and if i go in to high command mode it is cluttered with little white circled groups.

Do you have plans to use those modules the same way the high command module works? to set exctly what groups to control or not control?

Last question, got an ETA on the air support mod? I really want that baby, and it's not available anymore :(

On 1/15/2018 at 4:41 AM, Nablatidis said:

What are the modules for in the editor?

The modules are legacy stuff from earlier versions. I was thinking of adding modules like scripted objectives, scripted end-gamed conditions and scripted enemy displacements like I did with my Scripted Objectives System for the first Arma.

For the civilian stuff, I can make a button to toggle reporting civs on or off.

On 1/15/2018 at 4:41 AM, Nablatidis said:

Last question, got an ETA on the air support mod?

It depends on my motivation. TBH I thought people would be more interested in this release, there is nothing out there like DCE. But the community response has been lukewarm at best. It is much less ballache to just release privately and not worry about documentation, testing, etc.

RL working full tilt for the next month w/o pause and after that sleep & updating comp hardware. After that will get back to Arma and this, definitely. Exactly what I been looking for!

Drongo69 in forums less is happening these days - it has moved more to discord (official arma or community server) and reddit.

21 hours ago, Drongo69 said:

TBH I thought people would be more interested in this release, there is nothing out there like DCE. But the community response has been lukewarm at best. It is much less ballache to just release privately and not worry about documentation, testing, etc.

I'm extremely interested and others are as well. I usually avoid commenting praise or requests so as not to clog up threads or risk getting banned. I'll pay for releases of DCE, DAS, DA and others if that is sufficient motivation. Do you have paypal? Do you still have any interest in developing tsc further, and if not do you still have copies of the last version of that and of the controversial version of the cleansing Europe campaign?

I’be been using your command toolkit in OFP for ages now! So glad I found this for Arma 3! It looks great!

• Like 1

On 1/17/2018 at 4:37 PM, barccy said:

Do you have paypal? Do you still have any interest in developing tsc further, and if not do you still have copies of the last version of that and of the controversial version of the cleansing Europe campaign?

I have a Patreon, link in the first post. TSC I think was only for OFP and did basically DCE, DAS and the arty do for Arma. I've released so much stuff over the years I can't remember it all tbh.

The mods never did explain what was wrong with that campaign, just hid the thread and gave me a 3 month PR lol. Anyway, the system behind it (Random Displacements Campaign) has been fully developed in private and is fantastic fun. It is a dynamic company-level combined-arms MP campaign with a frontline that moves across the map as players win/lose missions. It is easy to port to any island or units. It gives a summary at the end about how the men in your unit and civilians in your AO felt about you and what kind of career (or warcrimes trial) you face thereafter. It showcases Arma at its glorious combined arms best, so no wonder BIS deleted it, I should be making Life mods or DayZ clones instead.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1