First post updated with version 016. Changes:

• Removed outdated "server loop" code for mounting and implemented BIS_fnc_execVM/BIS_fnc_MP code
  • Implemented "On my mark" (fire when I fire) (thanks to D4NI3L3 for the idea)
  • Implemented "Copy my stance" (thanks to D4NI3L3 for the idea)
  • Fixed the broken "Pop smoke" command

Glad to hear that!! Thank you so much!! :)

Another suggestion, I noticed that there is "dismount" but "get on that vehicle" or "mount that vehicle" is missing, also "move to that position", "flank left", "flank right" etc.. would be useful commands. Think about that for the next update, this is a great enhancement for the single player gaming, great mod!!

Thanks again.

First thing: you deserve a Nobel prize for the "Fire on my go" command. This one thing is what I missed in Arma for years.

I have a request: could add a help text that pops up when you hover over a button? It could tell the name of the order. Alternatively you could add a button that switches pictures to text and back.

Edited by Taro8

Hey Drogno,

Big fan for a long time, love all the mods and missions you have released.

Just have one request if possible to implement, I usually start my playing with just me on the map and use mods like MCC, Alive, TPW (skirmish) to add ai the the mission; I would love to use your high command feature in this mod so I was only wondering if possible to have DCE run a check every so often for friendly units on the map and add them all to the high command. maybe this isn't for everyone so maybe an option in the DCE module itself to turn this feature on, off by default.

Anyways, just a suggestion

love all your work and much appreciated for the hard work you have put into them.

Big fan for a long time, love all the mods and missions you have released.

Cheers :)

BTW, I'm pretty sure that DCE already accommodates dynamically generated groups.

This addon is invaluable. So many times now in official campaign I gotta get my guys in a building -fast!- cause heavy armor everywhere. Simple get everyone prone then Garrison command works pretty stinkin well. Fire on my Mark is now a staple of my routine and the High Command stuff simply awesome.

I have a request: could we get a command that makes your soldiers sweep the building?

Is there a way to get the High Command part to work on Whole Lotta Altis. I made an attempt to edit the map WLA uses and put the DCE module down but I screwed up somehow trying to get the WLA map packed back into the pbo and couldnt get WLA to start. I was playing around with DCE earlier today and love it. If it could be used in conjunction with WLA it would be awesome! Maybe you could take to SaOK and figure out a way to get it in. Right now, I can't transport high command squads via vehicle in WLA without using Zeus/MCC.

Also, only thing I saw missing from the high command thing is fast roping. If you were able to do you'd be a god my friend!

I managed to get this working with Whole Lotta Altis. Extracted the map, edited it and dropped the module down and then repacked the pbo. I used a different tool this time and it seemed to work better.

It would be great if something like this could be made as a client-side addon, so that we can get away from those awful default menus. Even more awesome would be an external utility that could be run on a secondary touchscreen monitor, to allow us to command our squads with quick taps on the screen. ArmA would have to be run fullscreen windowed I guess to stop it minimising and I'm not sure how the commands would get from the utility to ArmA, as tapping the secondary monitor would make it lose focus, so there'd need to be a UDP interface or something in ArmA to allow it to receive commands from external apps.

Hey Drongo, checking in to see if you can update the command/arty/air modules to the new cba rc6 for keybindings.

Thank you for the great work...love these addons.

B

Hey Drongo! Love the mod and I use it alot. Is there away to exclude spawned in AI squads, used in mods such as Alive, from the command list?

I´m making a mission using alive where you command a platoon, and I would love to use this mod in it :D

Thanks in advance!

Download not available ?  Armaholic doesn't seem to have it either anymore :(

First post updated with version 018. Changes:

• Command and Attach are now enabled by default
  • Added a definable Interact key
  • Added a definable Special key
  • Added Take Lead button (the player will become squad leader)
  • Added Marker and High Command buttons to the Squad menu
  • Added View Distance management buttons to the Squad menu
  • Added a Deploy Crew Served Weapon (DEP CSW) button to the Command menu (only works with vanilla assets)
  • Added a Teleport button to the Command menu to unfuck AI driving mishaps
  • Added a Force Markers button to the Command menu to try to unfuck my scripting (doesn't work very well)
  • Other minor stuff

Please note that only Armaholic is allowed to mirror this. Thank you.

First post updated with version 018. Changes:

• Command and Attach are now enabled by default
  • Added a definable Interact key
  • Added a definable Special key
  • Added Take Lead button (the player will become squad leader)
  • Added Marker and High Command buttons to the Squad menu
  • Added View Distance management buttons to the Squad menu
  • Added a Deploy Crew Served Weapon (DEP CSW) button to the Command menu (only works with vanilla assets)
  • Added a Teleport button to the Command menu to unfuck AI driving mishaps
  • Added a Force Markers button to the Command menu to try to unfuck my scripting (doesn't work very well)
  • Other minor stuff

Please note that only Armaholic is allowed to mirror this. Thank you.

Nice one drongo69, i use this a lot. Very cool mate, thanks for the update. ;)

@Drongo

Was going through my RPT file and found that DCE\Menus\AttachMenu.hpp line 327 is missing ";". No biggie but thought i'd point it out anyway. ;)

Hey Drongo 

Still very much enjoying your mod, any plans on updating your legend to describe what all the new buttons due?

Also if I may make a feature request; can you add an optional button on your high command that places appropriate unit markers on known enemy locations? Many times I'm commanding a lot of different forces that I don't have eyes on and wish to know what my units know about enemy positions by just opening my map. Sort of how people who play multiplayer will drop down spotreps on the map so everyone on their side knows just by the marker where the enemy is, what it is, and the size of it. I would like to be able to get the feel of playing with a large group but not having to since I don't play anything but single player. I know you have your radio messages already that give this information and I do try to plot these locations down on the map but when you got a lot going on you miss manyof these messages, also I don't think that these messages update if the enemy unit moves to another location and gets spotted again. 

Anyways I just wanted to make a request to you in the hopes that its added in a future update. 

Thanks again for creating this mod and many others you have made over the years that are great for us single player guys.

• Like 1

Hi, wasn't sure the topic exist, first want to tell huge thank you for the (unspeakable) mod, its one of most important mods we are using, we using it every time we are playing, without of it would be very bad.

Curious why it isn't present in P.W.S. ?
Would like to give 1 more vote for sharpie7051 "request", but afraid it's not so easy.
And: would be nice to have ability to control "fly height" in both the interfaces (it shouldn't be difficult to add there is a commend for it, just would be nice to have it in the interfaces (h.c. - i usually have each chopper in own groups)).

For some reason every once in a while the Windows keys change over and toggle the game in and out of desktop. DCE had been working fine for a long while but now I have this problem.

The changing in Userconfig seems to have no effect:

// Configuration file for Drongo's Command Enhancement

// Key to open the menu. For more information, please visit: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/DIK
// Windows app key (default)
dceKey = 0xB8; RIGHT ALT KEY
// Tab
//dceKey = 0x0F;

Yet only left windows opens it. Ive even changed the code in the Start.sqf to no effect. Also have used AutoHotKey program but that just shuts the keys down for everything.

I need my Fire on My Lead back!

1 more suggestion, would like to can choose "land" waypoint type.

Wow awesome mod thank you so much.

I once looked at trying to fix Wind Walkers AI Menu but quickly realised i dont have the smarts lol.

Thanks again.

Suggestions:

"Mount" command isn't perfect, if would be some additional menu to choise vehicle in some enough radius or current radius would be 3 | 4.5 times bigger and group would get in closest vehicle would be much more useful (and i couldn't order blufor group enter empty |'scat's' sochor|).

Would be nice to have ability to create new group with selected units in squad's interface.

drongo69

Would like to offer help with work for improving, expanding the mod, contact me if you are interesting.

I afraid "drongos artillery" do not working anymore.

t.a.6 and anyone else: Drongo69 can't access his BIS account. If you'd like to contact him, you can do so via Steam (Drongo69) or the Armaholic forums (Drongo).

Cheers

Chops