First post updated with version 014. Changes:

• Overhauled the "Target" command
  • Added a "Garrison" command (put your crosshair on the desired structure then click the icon)
  • Added user-configurable function keys F1 - F4 (see readme)

DCE.jpg

A bit more about the function keys:

As of release 0.14 the squad menu features function keys F1, F2, F3, F4. By default, these do nothing. However, a mission or addon maker can access them by defining the following functions:

dceS_fnc_FunctionKey1

dceS_fnc_FunctionKey2

dceS_fnc_FunctionKey3

dceS_fnc_FunctionKey4

For example, if a mission maker wishes to add a script called MY_SCRIPT.sqf to F1, he should use the following code:

dceS_fnc_FunctionKey1 = compile preprocessFile "MY_SCRIPT.sqf";

IMPORTANT: Do not put this code in init.sqf. When DCE loads, it assigns an empty function to each function key. To make sure they are overwritten, redefine the functions at least 5 seconds after the start of the mission.

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

==================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. In the future we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Hi Drongo - GUI looks really well done but for some reason my HC squads don't take the orders ie Garrison, or Change Stance but are performed by my own squad rather.

Oh the GUI IS for the player squad hence the 'Squad' Tab.......derp.

Sorry, was knee deep in HC stuff when I stumbled on your update so it was on the brain.

Adding a garrison command to HC is a good idea though.

Hey, been using your DCE alot lately and man it's good stuff! People, especially those who love High Command type missions -try this!!

So been setting up missions to be run soley as commander from an HQ, in which maybe 10 different squads under my command against alot of enemies in an urban setting -it's awesome! One thing that I kinda miss is someway of telling how large enemies that my guys encounter are. Not sure how you'd pull that off with it being a cheat or exploit, maybe along the lines of "Theres alo of em" or "we are getting the better of them!" -type feedback. Personally I wouldn't mind a "Got em" or "contact down" type chatter akin to Swat 4 (which I think I heard somewhere in the backround chatter :D )

The arty and cas don't work due to no radio when I use TFAR. I'm just testing in SP mode at the moment and was hoping I could use these functions through CSE for multiplayer co-op.

Is there a way to get this to work properly using TFAR? If not would you consider adding compatibility when you have time?

Thanks.

What error do you get? Do you have DAS and DTA installed?

Yes I have both installed but i don't get an error on screen. Its stated i need a radio. I tried switching to a vanilla radio but no change. None of the assets were coming up for use on the interface. i had 3 RHS Russian artillery pieces and a Hind sitting and spawned from Zeus.

---------- Post added at 11:52 ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 ----------

I had it working fine like this without TFAR albeit on a different map earlier.

So the DAS and arty windows open with no assets? What happens if you open them with their default keys instead of the menu?

Also, RHS arty is not supported by Drongo's Artillery. Do vanilla assets show up?

I bet thats what it is. It'll be the RHS stuff only.

I would be willing to bear you children for RHS compatibility. Proper map predicted fire for my new GU. That would be superb :)

I tried to get it to work again last night but no joy. I used CSAT artillery, Artillery mod on its own, vanilla radio and tfar. I was using a rhs Russian as my little guy and tried a CSAT guy too but no joy either.

Could you please explain your error in detail? Could you please answer the questions in my post above? Also, do you have CBA installed?

Yes, they open with no assets both with and without CSE regardless of how I access them.

CBA is installed.

When I use a vanilla radio instead of tfar stuff it says an error like 'no radio found'. I'm afk at the moment so I can't check right now the exact phrasing. The warning doesn't come up when I have a tfar radio equipped.

It worked ok before I starting using tfar on the server.

I also use AGM if that makes any difference. I think BIS arty is disabled in the tfar module in mission editor. I haven't had time to try it enabled yet.

First post updated with version 015. Changes:

• Changed the Squad Menu "Command" button to a commander's hat
  • Added a Garrison area command
  • Added a Garrison closest building command
  • Added more detail to spotting reports
  • Added a global variable to control the level of the detailed report (dceSpottingThreshold)
  • Added buttons to increase/decrease and reset view distance
  • Added an "Attach" option to the command menu
  • Fixed group registration so that newly formed groups are properly registered into BIS High Command

Some details on the attach/detach functionality:

As of release 0.15 the command menu features an "Attach" option. Clicking this will give a menu allowing attaching elements between groups. Select a group from the left-hand list (group A), then select a target group from the right-hand list (group B).

All >>: Transfer all units from group A to group B.

Dismounts >>: Transfer all men not in a vehicle to group B.

Vehicles >>: Transfer all men crewing vehicles (ie. commander, gunner or driver, NOT cargo) to join group B.

Man >>: Select a single man from the list under the right-hand group list, then select a group on the right. The man will transfer to the target group. If the man is crewing a vehicle, all other crew in the vehicle will also transfer to the same group.

By default, groups must be within 200 meters of each other to attach/detach (as measured from leader to leader). This can be altered with the global variable:

dceAttachDistance = 200;

Detaching works differently. It is not necessary to select a group B. The elements of group A will form a new group.

Man: Select a single man from the list under the right-hand group list. The man will transfer to a new group. If the man is crewing a vehicle, all other crew in the vehicle will also transfer to the same group.

Dismounts: Assign all men not in a vehicle to a new group.

Vehicles: Assign all men crewing vehicles (ie. commander, gunner or driver, NOT cargo) to a new group.

Because of the possibility to abuse this system, attaching must be enabled with a module ([DCE] Enable Attachments).

@ markh7991

Please try it with no other mods, then add them one by one until you isolate the error.

Ok, I made a slight omission earlier. When I tried it last night the CSAT assets were showing on the arty panel but once given a fire mission didn't fire.

The RHS assets didn't show at all.

I'll do some messing about later as you suggest if I get time, thanks.

Hey Drongo,

Updated my DCE to the 1.5 on Pw6...theres no DCE listed under configure addons to rebind keys. The addon initializes okay, and is accessable when hitting the default Windows key. Revert back to 1.4 and the DCE is back under configure addons.

B

Thanks for the report BadLucky1776, I had left development mode switched on. The first post has been updated with a fix (v0151).

Rgr that. Will go grab it. Fantastic work on all. Air, Arty, DCE....these coupled with TPW Mods...like having a non-stop campaign generator.

Thanks,

B

Hey Drongo69,

I really enjoy this awesome mod, it helps coordinating the AI a lot. But I wondered if it would be possible for you to add an option that lets the player decide wether he wants to use the Icons or the Text version. I personally found the text version to be more appealing and easier to use, thats why I still use an old build, but I would love to enjoy the new features as well, just without the icons.

You can try changing it by yourself. De-pbo DCE.pbo and look at the file DCE\Menus\SquadMenuIcon.hpp. A typical entry is:

class dceS_SqdButtonArtillery : dceS_RscButtonMenu
	{
		idc = -1;
		text = "";
		onButtonClick = "[""Artillery""] execVM 'DCE\Scripts\Squad\Buttons.sqf'";
		x = dceS_COL + (dceS_COLINC * 6);
		y = dceS_ROW;
		w = dceS_BUTTON_W;
		h = dceS_BUTTON_H;
	};

class dceS_SqdButtonArtilleryPic : dceS_RscPicture
	{
		idc = -1;
		text = "DCE\Icons\arty.jpg";
		y = dceS_ROW;
		w = dceS_BUTTON_W;
		h = dceS_BUTTON_H;
	};

all class dceS_SquadButton???Pic entries can be deleted or commented out. Then for dceS_SquadButton??? edit the text part to whatever you want. For example:

class dceS_SqdButtonArtillery : dceS_RscButtonMenu
	{
		idc = -1;
		text = "Artillery";
		onButtonClick = "[""Artillery""] execVM 'DCE\Scripts\Squad\Buttons.sqf'";
		y = dceS_ROW;
		w = dceS_BUTTON_W;
		h = dceS_BUTTON_H;
	};

/*		class dceS_SqdButtonArtilleryPic : dceS_RscPicture
	{