Sign in to follow this  
LordJarhead

JSRS: DragonFyre -- WIP Thread

Some questions - multiple choice! What do you use, what do you prefer?  

2655 members have voted

1. 1. Some questions - multiple choice! What do you use, what do you prefer?

• I use - Stereo Speakers/Headphones
    • I use - 5.1/7.1 Speakers
    • I prefer - More authentic sound
    • I prefer - More hollywood'ish sound
    • I like - The new progress shown in the videos
    • I like - JSRS2 more, keep it updated
    • It should - Be part of the Contest
    • It should - Not be part of the contest, make it for yourself and the community
    • I want - It now, release it unfinished
    • I want - It finished, take your time and release when its done and perfect

Yeah the reverb on the silenced gun seems to prominent, you just don´t expect that on a silenced gun.

Yap, its dead. Totally... no way I'll ever make it.... :P

o_PnU_533Zk

No, joke. Its alive and kickin'!

LJ

Wooow. Some feedback from the video:

1.) Those bullet snaps are absolutely amazing! Not too over-the-top and not too weak.

2.) Explosions are a work of art. Every time I hear one I think it's a good thing you weren't anywhere near it.

3.) Suppressed weapons sound about right, IMO. Unless you're using subsonic ammunition, the weapon can still be quite loud.

4.) And speaking of loudness, I think the distance effects should be played at greater distances as guns are quite loud. One thing about source material is that the microphone usually doesn't pick up the raw db of the sonic boom leaving the barrel and you're left with most of the weapons "character". Depending on how much realism you're going for, most weapons should sound the same up close (i.e. a giant sonic boom that you can almost feel). It's not until you get to greater distances to where the distance effects are played that you would hear a weapons "character" - and I think the raw loudness is missing at the moment. Firefights in the town should technically be a giant soup of pure noise and chaos until you get a few hundred meters away. But that depends on how "authentic" you want to go (which is why I voted for more hollywood sounds).

5.) I can't wait until this releases, it sounds amazing!

I agree with l337acc on his points, all very tolerable! :3

Can't wait to test the latest version, hehe.

It just keeps on getting better and better. Loving these sounds, and can't wait to test the actual thing when it's nice and done, or almost there.

Good job LJ!

Cloth friction (movement sound) too muffled and too loud - sounds like someone carries his ears in a pocket

I agree, the movement sounds have a cloth friction sound that is extremely loud. It's been this way since JSRS 1.5...

Good job LJ!

I agree, the movement sounds have a cloth friction sound that is extremely loud. It's been this way since JSRS 1.5...

If you were to put on all this gear and walk around, it'd probably be much, much louder in real life... Especially in first person because well... That's all we have in real life.

Hey Lord, is there any demonstrations for mortors/artillery impacts? I really think that needs it's own special treatment to get right.

If you were to put on all this gear and walk around, it'd probably be much, much louder in real life... Especially in first person because well... That's all we have in real life.

Hey Lord, is there any demonstrations for mortors/artillery impacts? I really think that needs it's own special treatment to get right.

So, a special video about mortars and arty then. Alrighty ;)

LJ

The friction of your pants' cloth doesn't increase with the weight you're carrying, and even if it did, it would not sound as it is right now.

I don't know if you carried heavy weights but that is definitely not how it sounds in real life.

So, a special video about mortars and arty then. Alrighty ;)

LJ

If you ever need someone to beta test Dragonfyre and upload video's of the mod mixed with user created missions, I'm your Huckleberry ;)

The friction of your pants' cloth doesn't increase with the weight you're carrying, and even if it did, it would not sound as it is right now.

I don't know if you carried heavy weights but that is definitely not how it sounds in real life.

As always in JSRS you are able to disable every single effect ;)

LJ

As always in JSRS you are able to disable every single effect ;)

LJ

Thanks for the reminder LJ, and keep up the good work!

Great stuff LJ, that latest video got me excited to actually play A3 again, it's been awhile since that has happened :D

Best of luck with the future development of JSRS.

Great stuff LJ, that latest video got me excited to actually play A3 again, it's been awhile since that has happened :D

Best of luck with the future development of JSRS.

same here :). Very nice lifelike presentation! All sounds epic with the only little exception (for me); the mx rifle without silencer in first person mode. The reverberation is too loud in relation to the pure shot sounds. But I think thats a matter of taste :)

You are right, but a soldier generally, isn't always wearing pants. In this case, a plate carrier, primary, secondary, grenades, magazines, FAK's, boots, gloves, head gear, maybe goggles, backpack. All that, is going to make noise while moving, especially with most of that stuff inside of the gear.

I had my share of wearing MARPAT, and it's actually general loud while simply marching. Not too loud, but you know, distinctive.

The new video kicked ,love the new movement and the crispy explosion sounds. Nice work mate !

Hey LJ, have you been able to look at the aircraft sounds at all? Or would you like me to take over that project, hehehe. ;) Aircraft are my specialty.

Hey LJ, have you been able to look at the aircraft sounds at all? Or would you like me to take over that project, hehehe. ;) Aircraft are my specialty.

Ok, I second this!!!^^^

The Real sound guys are good. The first time I heard that F-16, I was hooked for life. I actually have a video on my YouTube of that very same f-16 sound.

---------- Post added at 17:22 ---------- Previous post was at 17:19 ----------

It was still rough but good, but if we could get some real aircraft sounds, this would be legend.

im sure LJ will be in contact if he wants any tips ;)

Great work! Love dem sounds!

One thing bothers me though. The firefight and shooting in the distance should be way louder. You don't have the feeling you are in a freaking warzone where everybody is going crazy ;)

I would like to hear the sounds of machineguns up to the .50cal as well in one of your next videos :)

I'm really looking forward to the first release of JSRS DF!

im sure LJ will be in contact if he wants any tips ;)

We are, haha but I am too lazy to PM him. x)

Still what DF lacks IMO is outdoor shooting sounds/explosion when inside the building. Indoor effects are really good but with outdoor sounds being kind of *separated* it would be next quality level, not sure if it is really possible to simulate this.

Everything apart off this is just five stars, with explosions being on top of the list :cool:

Great work LJ very immersive :cool:. The quality of the cracks and explosions have a much more natural punchy feel to them.

You don't have the feeling you are in a freaking warzone where everybody is going crazy ;)

I've been using Draongfyre since the day me and LJ were discussing it's inception on skype and can assure you it's quite the opposite.