Sign in to follow this  
LordJarhead

JSRS: DragonFyre -- WIP Thread

Some questions - multiple choice! What do you use, what do you prefer?  

2655 members have voted

1. 1. Some questions - multiple choice! What do you use, what do you prefer?

• I use - Stereo Speakers/Headphones
    • I use - 5.1/7.1 Speakers
    • I prefer - More authentic sound
    • I prefer - More hollywood'ish sound
    • I like - The new progress shown in the videos
    • I like - JSRS2 more, keep it updated
    • It should - Be part of the Contest
    • It should - Not be part of the contest, make it for yourself and the community
    • I want - It now, release it unfinished
    • I want - It finished, take your time and release when its done and perfect

Will be watching this thread like a hawk until release! LJH, please don't forget to include the BIKEY for DF and a seperate download link for just the BIKEY; it would be greatly appreciated (and put on servers that much faster)!

Will be watching this thread like a hawk until release! LJH, please don't forget to include the BIKEY for DF and a seperate download link for just the BIKEY; it would be greatly appreciated (and put on servers that much faster)!

Oh true. I already asked a C4G admin hosting Sa-Matra, said they stopped using JSRS because of compatibility issues, so i suggested DragonFyre, and they said they'd try it once it comes out. Wasteland + Soundmods make things more interesting.

Will be watching this thread like a hawk until release!...[/color]

diddo!! I'm pumped up!! Sound makes all the difference and this mod seems to be EPIC!!

Wasteland + Soundmods make things more interesting.

And will probably cause most of the issues, looking back to JSRS2.2 or even JSRS1.5 :X I hope we can fix things on the run now, its just a little bit that needs to be done now. Tho I know already I missed so many things I initially had planned to do -.- Too much stuff in this one. DFyre is just... different, its just huge! You cannot ask for more sound I think... sometimes even too huge :X

LJ

Don't think there's any danger of it being too huge ;)

Not in size, more... in work, time, emotional and what not :P

LJ

As Lordjarhead stated before, a lot of his own personality flow into this project. That's probably what he is reffering to.

I think this also means that if you destroy JSRS: Df you're destroying the lord himself, this might come in handy if he ever wants to conquer the world or if he is the Endboss in a game.^^

Too much stuff in this one. DFyre is just... different, its just huge! You cannot ask for more sound I think... sometimes even too huge :X

LJ

You can't max out my SSDs LJH! :coop:

Don't think there's any danger of it being too huge ;)

^ This. Huge is good. To be honest, it's like Terrains. Anything Smaller than Chernarus, or even more preferably, Altis, would be a disappointment. That's just an example. That's why there's a ton of disappointment about content at the moment, because Arma 2 had so much more than Arma 3, and it's technically a full game now. As for JSRS, Big is good. Big leaves room for improvements, and Immersive configuration in the sound design, as well as diversity, and diversity is a really good thing when it comes to sounds... Now, as for any future sound mod you plan to do, i would just say use this sound mod, you've quite literally outdone yourself LJ. You've done good things. Big things.

Damn, for a sec i got all excited when my email had a few notifications in a short period. I've been reloading this topic like hourly for the past couple days :D

It is big, the Version i actually use (RC1.0) has a Foldersize of over 4Gb :)

I played Arma3 a lot (Steam says over 4500hours ^^) and i never had this kind of immersion feeling as i have it actually with DragonFyre. It´s a blast ;)

It is big, the Version i actually use (RC1.0) has a Foldersize of over 4Gb :)

I played Arma3 a lot (Steam says over 4500hours ^^) and i never had this kind of immersion feeling as i have it actually with DragonFyre. It´s a blast ;)

Mate,

dont nettle now, thats not fair :X

Argh, swapped over the whole script build up. Gotta rewrite all entries, sounds and scripts. For performance and a better workability within the mod. Means this throws things back a little. None the less, I dont want my testers get you guys to much bumped out, so I'll close this thread here as everything has been said, most things are set in stone and without this thread I'll get some pressure of my back certainly.

Everything else can be discussed on the Complete-Thread ones the mod is done. No solid ETA! But I can feel how this kinda buries me currently under a lot of pressure, and it starts getting annoying. Modding should be fun tho ;)

LJ

You know the best for the mod LJ if you think you're under pressure close it,we should undestand that,but please just make us a favor when the mod is done send it to MEGA servers they're the best .

Best regards and get better soon

Closing as per the authors request :padlock: