Sign in to follow this  
LordJarhead

JSRS: DragonFyre -- WIP Thread

Some questions - multiple choice! What do you use, what do you prefer?  

2655 members have voted

1. 1. Some questions - multiple choice! What do you use, what do you prefer?

• I use - Stereo Speakers/Headphones
    • I use - 5.1/7.1 Speakers
    • I prefer - More authentic sound
    • I prefer - More hollywood'ish sound
    • I like - The new progress shown in the videos
    • I like - JSRS2 more, keep it updated
    • It should - Be part of the Contest
    • It should - Not be part of the contest, make it for yourself and the community
    • I want - It now, release it unfinished
    • I want - It finished, take your time and release when its done and perfect

Sometimes I'm out of words when I see the family-feeling floating through these forums! :o You guys are too kind! :)

LJ

+1

I am still new to this community and to Arma only started playing on April of this year and started hosting a dedicated server and building missions and training maps a month after I started playing. I have to say 99% of the people of this community are willing to help you out with any questions etc about the game or scripting, missions. My hats off to all of you that make this such a great game to play and a great place to help and share idea's with. Now on topic, who knows if or when they will implement that feature, but in the ens it is your decision and I know from me and I think the rest of the community we say Thank You for all your hard work and we will be behind you whatever choice you make.

Twiztid

Well, i sense a new range of additions that may need some very unique sound sets. =D

As we enter the last month of the year, the team is focused on one more 2014 development milestone: the Marksmen DLC sandbox prototype. This means having a final plan for the exact assets and features that we'll finish during the first quarter of 2015. Said plan is backed up by internally playable prototypes. This could mean the first version of a new weapon's model, a scripted prototype of a gameplay feature, a proof-of-concept for a scenario, etc. The feasibility studies should wrap up soon and we'll have go / no-go moments for some of the tech. Having a solid sandbox foundation will later help the designers to use it effectively while developing playable content. We are trying hard to get some very cool stuff in the DLC and accompanying platform update, and it's looking splendid so far!

From latest sitrep.

What about a Call at Arms for scripters? Someone has to be able to find a workaround...

Just some people off the top of my head:

Tonic, Giallustio, Tophe, Killzonekid, Sa-Matra, Xeno, F2K Sel (not that into multiplayer), idk... Norrin? Someone has to revive him though.

EDIT: Also W0lle, he's in my signature since day 0 because of these type of situations.

I think that the problem is that its something that needs to be done in engine, and it wouldve been achieved by scripting if it was possible beforehand. (presumably because the groundwork to implement the eventhandlers by scripters was not feasible or present). Hence the petiton.

By scripting you'd have to check for every single one of those explosive objects in a huge range where there are tens of thousands of other objects, and the code must do this processes in a millisecond so the sounds don't have any delay...

That's what I though, but somebody can find a more efficient way, or an efficient method for it. Plus I can dream right? :pray:

By scripting you'd have to check for every single one of those explosive objects in a huge range where there are tens of thousands of other objects, and the code must do this processes in a millisecond so the sounds don't have any delay...

That's what I though, but somebody can find a more efficient way, or an efficient method for it. Plus I can dream right? :pray:

Wouldn't it be easier to deliver some way (a function to trigger the sounds/further jsrs scripts perhaps) for mission makers to use JSRS sounds when spawning in explosions?

Similar to weapon mod makers by using the specific config entries to use JSRS sounds.

Wouldn't it be easier to deliver some way (a function to trigger the sounds/further jsrs scripts perhaps) for mission makers to use JSRS sounds when spawning in explosions?

Similar to weapon mod makers by using the specific config entries to use JSRS sounds.

The problem is that the Zeus stuff wont work anyways then. Same as some weapon rounds like Arty Cluster Rounds. Those are spawned shortly before impact. With our current script we detect if a "projectile" is "fired" and then track this one down until it is not "alive" anymore, that would be the moment it explodes. Then the script triggers an sound it that location, calculating the distance to the camera and tadaa, sound! But if a explosion is triggered like from an IED, Virtual Arty, Zeus or by script, there is no projectile, and its not fired either. So how do we address this explosion? And every scripter knows its not that easy currently. Also, we cannot just address the explosion visual effect. What if you are in a house, further away or have a really short view distance in Fog and what not, you wont hear it as the effect wont be shown.

Yeah not that easy...

LJ

PS: Heard about intern meetings about our voted ticket, BIS is surely not ignoring whats currently going on here. Its a matter of time we get to know something...

LJ

Edited by LordJarhead

May have found a provisionally work around for the problem. Testing it right now. ;)

Small edge information: I'm on vacation from today on till sunday evening, so I wont do much work on the mod, will be around the forums sometimes but cannot really work much, just so you know :)

LJ

May have found a provisionally work around for the problem. Testing it right now. ;)

Small edge information: I'm on vacation from today on till sunday evening, so I wont do much work on the mod, will be around the forums sometimes but cannot really work much, just so you know :)

LJ

Have a good one mate! Can't wait to hear back how the "provisional work around" worked out :D

So i am back now from my first 2 hours with the actual DragonFyre Version 0.9B.

151frb.jpg

What i can say is: i am totaly flashed in relation to the mod. I never had such an awesome feeling during the fights as i had in these 2 hours right now. It sounds so awesome, especially the distance sounds and explosions are simply amazing. Never heard such immersive firefight like a couple of miutes ago with a Underbarreled Grenade Launcher, some LMG´s and Assault Rifles. Simply WOW :)

In my opinion its THE MOD for Arma, it is worth waiting. It takes Arma3 enjoyment to another Level. Later on i will report more, when played more :)

Greets

So i am back now from my first 2 hours with the actual DragonFyre Version 0.9B.

Its RC, so version 1.0 actually :)

LJ

What i can say is: i am totaly flashed in relation to the mod. I never had such an awesome feeling during the fights as i had in these 2 hours right now. It sounds so awesome, especially the distance sounds and explosions are simply amazing. Never heard such immersive firefight like a couple of miutes ago with a Underbarreled Grenade Launcher, some LMG´s and Assault Rifles. Simply WOW

In my opinion its THE MOD for Arma, it is worth waiting. It takes Arma3 enjoyment to another Level. Later on i will report more, when played more

Greets

orr come on guys thats really unfair and a torment for us waiting mates here ,exchanges you out intern please:rolleyes:

Edited by stephsen

My posting was agreed by LordJ, thats why i decided to write down my first contact with the RC 1.0 in short sentences just to keep you informated about the standings.

Additional to my previous posting: difference between the 0.6 and this RC 1.0 is gigantic, i am highly impressed what LordJ and his Team created here in this short time. :omg:

U know guys I just tasted the best cake ever but unfortunately it was only for me but you can imagine how good it was , right? :)

U know guys I just tasted the best cake ever but unfortunately it was only for me but you can imagine how good it was , right? :)

Now that was cruel! ;)

Testers why you guys are so bad :pet5: ?

Now talking seriously i can't wait to try the mod,hope that Bis give a good answer about the ticket,now just enjoy the hype

I am sure it doesnt take long time and the whole community will be able to load it when its finished. I as a tester just want to go sure that LordJ is able to deliver this mod to the community without issues& errors. There arent much issues in the verion right now, and the issues i found today are already fixed ;)

Stay focused :)

All DragonFyre testers, please PM me so we can set up a MP testing period!

no need to go crazy guys, i could be one of testers as well, but i've decided to wait for final version, to experience best possible jsrs, and i'm sure i won't regret it :)

Lol LSD,

Thought you would give more like constructive criticism Oo. Hehe well with the new work around, which worked far better than I expected, the mod is, besides the current errors, almost done. A release before Christmas is not that unrealistic anymore :)

LJ

Lol LSD,

Thought you would give more like constructive criticism Oo. Hehe well with the new work around, which worked far better than I expected, the mod is, besides the current errors, almost done. A release before Christmas is not that unrealistic anymore :)

LJ

You didn't just say that...

Lol LSD,

LJ

A release before Christmas is not that unrealistic anymore :)
A release before Christmas

My God