Sign in to follow this  
LordJarhead

JSRS: DragonFyre -- WIP Thread

Some questions - multiple choice! What do you use, what do you prefer?  

2655 members have voted

1. 1. Some questions - multiple choice! What do you use, what do you prefer?

• I use - Stereo Speakers/Headphones
    • I use - 5.1/7.1 Speakers
    • I prefer - More authentic sound
    • I prefer - More hollywood'ish sound
    • I like - The new progress shown in the videos
    • I like - JSRS2 more, keep it updated
    • It should - Be part of the Contest
    • It should - Not be part of the contest, make it for yourself and the community
    • I want - It now, release it unfinished
    • I want - It finished, take your time and release when its done and perfect

Hey LJ could you tell for us which features do you plan to DF that you aren't able to add without the eventhandlers in cfgAmmos ?

Hey LJ could you tell for us which features do you plan to DF that you aren't able to add without the eventhandlers in cfgAmmos ?

All kinds of explosion sounds on further distances then 100 meters for all explosions that are spawned and do not have fired projectiles. As Tonci stated above.

LJ

PS: I'm thinking oft a work around but surely dont want Tod leave this feature out oft the mod. It is too good Tod waste it now, spent so much time with it...

Just wondering how many votes are needed to make BI aware of a needed feature here. Could wie call it an Community Issue? I mean, the whole community seems Tod wait for this to get realized :)

Edited by LordJarhead

Full agree. My ears are screaming for the RC1.0 :cool:

Yes yes yes^^ Stay calm, I dont forget about you guys, you will get a RC version. You dont need to post that several times the week :P

LJ

Yeahh leave LJ alone. He needs time and focus don't disturb him people. OK LJ so are we getting a Christmas present from you? ( asking kindly without any pressure at all :) )

Calm is my second name ^^

btw: my ears threatened me and gived my brain the command to write the previous post, controlled like a puppet by own ears :cool:

All kinds of explosion sounds on further distances then 100 meters for all explosions that are spawned and do not have fired projectiles. As Tonci stated above.

LJ

So does a claymore or a satchel charge placed by the player / AI count as spawned, and not work? Or is it just stuff like Zues artillery or satchel charges scripted in?

So does a claymore or a satchel charge placed by the player / AI count as spawned, and not work? Or is it just stuff like Zues artillery or satchel charges scripted in?

Placed Satchels are "fired" weapons in the logic of ArmA. But scripted IED's, Zeus stuff, Virtuel Artillery, some sort of Artillery like Cluster Rounds, all those does not have distance sounds. They are muted futher than 100 meters. I'm thinking of some kind of workaround tho. Maybe I find an Idea later....

LJ

Placed Satchels are "fired" weapons in the logic of ArmA. But scripted IED's, Zeus stuff, Virtual Artillery, some sort of Artillery like Cluster Rounds, all those does not have distance sounds. They are muted further than 100 meters. I'm thinking of some kind of workaround tho. Maybe I find an Idea later....

LJ

Wow really? 100 Meters? I would have thought that BI would have done better than that... /dissapointed.... But thank the almighty Audiophile gods we have our prophet LJ to guide us through these turbulent times! lol

Also if you all are in a mood for more event tracker. I added this one for LJ and Lex after they were talking about a need some time ago. http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=21346

Wow really? 100 Meters? I would have thought that BI would have done better than that... /dissapointed....

No no, the sound distances for explosions are set to 100 meters by ME, because they are just muffled bass core sounds while the scripts layer their characteristic sounds for explosions as an over-layer above those sounds. But the muffle bass core should be just audible until 100 meters, after that, the scripts only play their sounds. But some classes cannot be detected by the script, such as spawned rounds, as those "are not fired" so to speak...

LJ

Wow really? 100 Meters? I would have thought that BI would have done better than that... /dissapointed.... But thank the almighty Audiophile gods we have our prophet LJ to guide us through these turbulent times! lol

Also if you all are in a mood for more event tracker. I added this one for LJ and Lex after they were talking about a need some time ago. http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=21346

Well you see it´s not really BIS fault. LJ needs to accomplish the same greatness he has with firearms when it comes to explosions. Sadly it doesn´t work right now when you spawn an explosive...

No no, the sound distances for explosions are set to 100 meters by ME, because they are just muffled bass core sounds while the scripts layer their characteristic sounds for explosions as an over-layer above those sounds. But the muffle bass core should be just audible until 100 meters, after that, the scripts only play their sounds. But some classes cannot be detected by the script, such as spawned rounds, as those "are not fired" so to speak...

LJ

AHHHHH I get it.... wow I misread that one *face palm* Thanks for the explanation that makes a lot more since.

RC release? haha everyones going to download it anyways…but i guess for the sake of further testing thats cool. Anyways been waiting for this, can't wait. Thanks for the hard work.

I have a question about older version of JSRS. There is a file called jsrs2_sonic_cracks_c, and there are all the configs for the volume of cracks. SO what exactly do i need to configure if i want to lower the overall volume of all craks? Should i lower some one value, or should i change value for every type of ammo?

Is there some FAQ or manual regarding this?

No there is no explaination about how to do this as this would need you to unpack the pbo and repack it without a signature wich means it wont work in multiplayer anymore.

LJ

Maybe I missed it, but did you already post some demonstration of how those gbu12/mk82s will sound like? All videos in the first post feature cannon/missile impacts, but no bombs.

Unfortunately they're barely audible in JSRS 2.2 at around 700m distance.

A small appetizer maybe? :bounce3:

Cheers

No there is no explaination about how to do this as this would need you to unpack the pbo and repack it without a signature wich means it wont work in multiplayer anymore.

LJ

Well, i just wanna tweak it for my personal use, not for the mp, but whatever, ill wait for the next version of JSRS i guess :)

A small appetizer maybe? :bounce3:

Cheers

Hey,

wish I had something, but actually the only progress so far was config tweaking and issue fixing. I had a lot of trouble lately but I managed to fix all the issues so far. Now Smokegrenades wont cause an explosion sound anymore, same as Chemlights. Also when throwing it wont cause an urban or forest rifle echo, had that issue by last week as we build in the woosh effect. Added a few new sqf`s for instance GMG launcher have their own sounds now. Also there are "NoEffect" sqf`s for weapons that shouldn`t be supported such as the smokegrenades or smoke and flare launcher.

The issue with the spawned explosions is really bugging me alot. I know what you guys said, this will take a lot of time for BI to implement the required engine changes. So what shall we do? I will totally not disable the distance effects for explosions, thats no option for me. And tbh thats the only problem left right now. One problem! A needed engine fix by BI. Thats actually something that is not in my hands anymore, for the first time I have no influence on something concerning my own mod hehe.

Well, I was thinking about a Beta Release, or Preview release. But thats kinda stupid as it wont make sense to call is "beta" or "Preview" as the mod is kinda "Finished". So I was thinking about releasing it, with that existing issue of no sounds for explosions of spawned ammunitions such as Zeus Arty, AI Virtual Arty, Cluster Bombs and others. IED, Scripted IED`s, or even scripted Mines. All those will have an explosion sound for a couple of meters, audible for like... 75 meters and more. Which means: If the explosion matters in a survive or die situation, you will hear it so or so, thats not the deal. In other words: If a explosion doesnt affect you, you wont hear it :P

So, maybe I will release the mod in the next couple of days with this last issue we have. But I wont promise anything, I gotta be sure about this. See: This is another giant piece of work, a new "masterpiece" I have invested so many hours and work into. It`s just not fair releasing it unfinished the way I want it to be. Its like I made the Mona Lisa, show it to the public but drew no lips yet so she can`t smile and just say "Yeah that will be submitted on another day" You do understand that I hope :(

To much 'Dennis Kahl' went into this to just throw it out like this...

LJ

Don't release it yet then! I'm sure at this point you're as much hyped about the release as the rest of us and that's why your opinion about a "complete release" is shifting, but if you're not going to be satisfied with it (you're pretty hard to convince :D) just simly don't.

You can just do whatever method you did in 1.5 or 2.2. I think in ArmA 2 (Might be wrong here) that past the "audible distance" we just heard vanilla explosion sounds? How did that work?

Don't release it yet then! I'm sure at this point you're as much hyped about the release as the rest of us and that's why your opinion about a "complete release" is shifting, but if you're not going to be satisfied with it (you're pretty hard to convince :D) just simly don't.

You can just do whatever method you did in 1.5 or 2.2. I think in ArmA 2 (Might be wrong here) that past the "audible distance" we just heard vanilla explosion sounds? How did that work?

As said, I could reset the CFG for explosions and use vanilla entries so the explosions will be audible as normal. But that means there are no distance effects, its one set of sounds for all distances muffled by a filter, and tbh that doesn´s sounds good at all. Not to me at least... and I said I wont let this feature out anymore, its just too friggin awesome :P Wanted this since ArmA1 and now I finally have it thanks to Leo but cannot fully use it... argh!

Guess you are right. I am really hyped about the release, would wonder what you would all say to this mod and such. But... I just can`t show ... just 99% of it.

And... as much as I know this community, there will be some fools complain about missing explosion sounds all the time, no matter how often you explain it or warn them before they download, the thread will be flooded with those complains :X

LJ

Well LJ i think now it's all on BIS and they need time i think the best one is wait until the next update if thereisn't any signal of the issue to be solved you could release it,as we don't have much to do just wait,while this time you could tweak it a little bit more,add more features if possible and do whatever you want .

Great work LJ you rock .

To much 'Dennis Kahl' went into this to just throw it out like this...

LJ

release when YOU are ready ;)

I really wish a BI developer would take this project and implement what needs implementing. I really enjoy Pickle's "Speed Of Sound PURE", but it's no where near realistic as I would have hoped. Though the explosions are nice, huehue. That being said, I will go back to NOT playing A3 until it's done. ;) (minus whatever dev work I do)

Thanks for all your hard work, LJ! Don't release an unfinished product, like a lot of us like to do just to see what people say.

-Shadow