Sign in to follow this  
LordJarhead

JSRS: DragonFyre -- WIP Thread

Some questions - multiple choice! What do you use, what do you prefer?  

2655 members have voted

1. 1. Some questions - multiple choice! What do you use, what do you prefer?

• I use - Stereo Speakers/Headphones
    • I use - 5.1/7.1 Speakers
    • I prefer - More authentic sound
    • I prefer - More hollywood'ish sound
    • I like - The new progress shown in the videos
    • I like - JSRS2 more, keep it updated
    • It should - Be part of the Contest
    • It should - Not be part of the contest, make it for yourself and the community
    • I want - It now, release it unfinished
    • I want - It finished, take your time and release when its done and perfect

Especially for the cracks and battle noises I got in contact with real soldiers all over the world as I created JSRS1.5 and 2.2. I wanted to know about their experience and what they, who've really experienced that noise, think of my work and what could've been tweaked. I trusted those people and will not change my mind. When we talk about realism, BUT, when we talk about the playability of the game and the overall volume, I'm sure that beside the authenticity

some just dont like them being that loud. So on any case, I will provide optional PBO's as usual for you to decide yourself.

I for myself think they are pretty accurate so far, it also always depends on how close the bullet gets. And in that case, the loud cracks (there are far and near cracks, the near-ones are the louder ones) need really close by bullets to appear.

Also, for my own pleasure, I disabled the static moaning of your character when you get injured. The visual effect is more than enough for me, I dont like this constant moaning to annoy me even more about my own fault that I got hit hehe. But it will be optional of course ;) Not get any change so far to make my own Moaning, Breathing and hit sounds... could be a new task :P

LJ

Breathing and hit sounds... could be a new task :P

LJ

i would hate to hear u record thos sounds.. lol.. but on a side note damn fine job cant wait, good x-mas present? or a new year resolution?

i would hate to hear u record thos sounds.. lol.. but on a side note damn fine job cant wait, good x-mas present? or a new year resolution?

Dont know yet. As I said I dont want to wait for Christmas with this, but if we can't get it done before that, we just wont relaese. I'm surely not releasing this from 24th of December to 4th of January I think, as I'm on vacation then. Tho we do our best to get thinks done NOW. I would like to start with a new project by next year.

LJ

And we still don't have eventhandlers for ammo, too :j:

Also, for my own pleasure, I disabled the static moaning of your character when you get injured. The visual effect is more than enough for me, I dont like this constant moaning to annoy me even more about my own fault that I got hit hehe.

LJ

Thank you so much!

And we still don't have eventhandlers for ammo, too :j:

YES! I totally forgot about that. THAT is really important and I cannot release the mod without that! Guys, please vote this up, keep bugging BI if necessary, we NEED this!

PLEASE!VOTEFOR Add the possibility of adding eventhandlers to ammunitions defined in cfgAmmo <- This would help me to realize certain features in JSRS DragonFyre, so please vote for this!

LJ

YES! I totally forgot about that. THAT is really important and I cannot release the mod without that! Guys, please vote this up, keep bugging BI if necessary, we NEED this!

PLEASE!VOTEFOR Add the possibility of adding eventhandlers to ammunitions defined in cfgAmmo <- This would help me to realize certain features in JSRS DragonFyre, so please vote for this!

LJ

LJ I've always wondered why the monkey is mad. Anything we can do to make it more happy? :yay:

LJ I've always wondered why the monkey is mad. Anything we can do to make it more happy? :yay:

This monkey is saying GTFO to the people who are coming here and posting YouTube videos with crappy quality and say: "This is how this gun should sound!!!11OneOne"

I've voted for the ticket. Can't wait for the release, BIS should totally hire LJ!!

I could keep bugging BIS easily, but it really comes down to what it takes, and how long for them to be able to implement that feature. I'll see what I can do...

I've voted for the ticket. Can't wait for the release, BIS should totally hire LJ!!

They would have to pay him a bonus of five years worth of salary, for the work he has done so far :D

LJ

and Now all of our dreams have been destroyed. Will vote for this but knowing BI it won't be implemented for a long time >.> :/

Crushed and bleeding until the death more waiting,but if you LJ want it i do it with all the pleasure ;) maybe on 1.38 we can have it 1.36 is almost here and i think there's no way it have been implanted on it

Crushed and bleeding until the death more waiting,but if you LJ want it i do it with all the pleasure ;) maybe on 1.38 we can have it 1.36 is almost here and i think there's no way it have been implanted on it

Yeah, would be a nice surprise tho...

LJ

Well if we have to wait on BI to do / fix anything in order for this mod to be released, we can pretty much forget about JSRS for good. Or at least for a significant amount of time.

So yeah. See you guys in June 2015, at the very least.

Edited by Dorak

Well if we have to wait on BI to do / fix anything in order for this mod to be released, we can pretty much forget about JSRS for good. Or at least for a significant amount of time.

My long term experience with Arma series have learned me to have low expectations and it saved me from a lot of disappointment. I suggest to everyone to lower your expectations so you can be somewhat able to enjoy the game.

More then unnecessary!

LJ

BI is a great developer mates their way of bussines is great and it's not so simply it's not just one feature are too many soo is hard to add many things and it's complex to add the scripts they have to add so much codes and devolope the content and the money it's not so much as EA to hire 50 programmers so don't blame they please.

And LJ knows the best for the mods

More then unnecessary!

LJ

Yeah. Maybe.

Though, i saw some important issues laying in the dust for months before they were even remotely fixed. All in all i rather play the pessimist, because being optimist in the ArmAverse is a straight path to the ninth circle of disappointment.

---------- Post added at 16:31 ---------- Previous post was at 15:50 ----------

Also Jarhead, i know you're always looking for good videos featuring vehicle / weapons sounds.

This one is a gem on the subject, i'm sure you will be able to get something out of it.

Yeah. Maybe.

Though, i saw some important issues laying in the dust for months before they were even remotely fixed. All in all i rather play the pessimist, because being optimist in the ArmAverse is a straight path to the ninth circle of disappointment.

---------- Post added at 16:31 ---------- Previous post was at 15:50 ----------

Also Jarhead, i know you're always looking for good videos featuring vehicle / weapons sounds.

This one is a gem on the subject, i'm sure you will be able to get something out of it.

Yeah that one is pretty good, thanks. And try to be a little bit more optimistic next time, ok? I'm sure BI wont let me down with this ;)

LJ

It would be nice to have an ability to change the volume of bullet cracks without reconfiguring every single pbo. Maybe it's possible to make one pbo where you can store volume configs for bullet cracks?

It would be nice to have an ability to change the volume of bullet cracks without reconfiguring every single pbo. Maybe it's possible to make one pbo where you can store volume configs for bullet cracks?

That's how it is :D

Oh well, didn't know that, that's rly good then :)

Tho they are not tweakable without re-PBo the file. I will provide optional PBO`s for various things to change the volume around the way people like.

LJ

Tho they are not tweakable without re-PBo the file. I will provide optional PBO`s for various things to change the volume around the way people like.

LJ

Very nice of you , thanks! :)

Guys,

even if I like all the anticipation here, but that won't speed up the process sadly... We ran in some issues lately that LAxmann (still can't remember his name, jees) and I had to fix. Now as we are finally on the run to our goal, it appears that many things can be tweaked and performance can be speed up a notch.

Won't be that long now, my testers will soon get the RC1.0 for internal testing.

LJ

Ready to test again :cool:

I totally stoped playing Arma 3 because I was so spoiled by the 0.6 version of DragonFyre and I keept telling me to hold off playing for now because it will only get better.

Guy I can´t stress this enough, keep asking BIS to introduce eventhandlers to ammunitions. You guys have no idea how big this problem is...

Most Missions out there feature spawned explosives such as mines, satchels, or something as simple as virtual artillery. All that stuff is silent if BIS doesn´t introduce this much needed feature.