Sign in to follow this  
LordJarhead

JSRS: DragonFyre -- WIP Thread

Some questions - multiple choice! What do you use, what do you prefer?  

2655 members have voted

1. 1. Some questions - multiple choice! What do you use, what do you prefer?

• I use - Stereo Speakers/Headphones
    • I use - 5.1/7.1 Speakers
    • I prefer - More authentic sound
    • I prefer - More hollywood'ish sound
    • I like - The new progress shown in the videos
    • I like - JSRS2 more, keep it updated
    • It should - Be part of the Contest
    • It should - Not be part of the contest, make it for yourself and the community
    • I want - It now, release it unfinished
    • I want - It finished, take your time and release when its done and perfect

You forgot the mandatory urine test and nude bear wrestling requirements for all of our testers. (I still say that LJ cheated me out of a win due to covering the bear's body in vaseline)

We just can't keep up with the German requirements man, there genius is just so damn brutal. That being said I'm very much looking forward to playing with this LJ, I think the thing I'm looking forward to the most is a large scale battle in the rain, that shit would be amazingly intense, especially with these new rain sounds effects.

You forgot the mandatory urine test and nude bear wrestling requirements for all of our testers. (I still say that LJ cheated me out of a win due to covering the bear's body in vaseline)

Putin's a beta tester for Dragonfyre?

Putin's a beta tester for Dragonfyre?

Everyone likes a joke, but please keep politics out of this thread.

Oh LJ this message is better than hear the Beethoven symphony,it's amazing christmas is comming early this year,and one question how does the modder will add the sound scripts to the weapon ?

Search through this thread. I am sure all of your questions will be answered. Also, someone on the DFyre team will most probably have documentation on how to integrate this with modded weapons (and other stuff) when the mod is released.

I was packing my whole Mod again, as I'm curently on my LapTop where I did not had the actual version, I had to re-PBO the whole mod. So, the current RC has some following details:

Packed 1.75GB .rar files. Unpacked @DragonFyre folder is 3,87GB and contains 101 files. The mod adds 16.100+ .wss sound files to the game (!!!) and contains 91 .cpp CFG's and 269 .sqf script files. The scripts add following features:

Inroom sounds - Extra sound overlayer when firing inside a room, 20 sounds per gun, 10 for non-SD, 10 for SD.

Inroom explosions - Grenades, 20mm rounds, Missiles, Rockets, Tank shells: All of them cause an extra loud inroom sound when exploding inside a room.

Inroom shells - Sounds of cartridges falling on the ground, hitting walls etc. inside a room, depending if using case or caseless ammo. ;)

FirstPersonSounds - Weapon mechanism sounds when firing in first person.

Distance sounds - Sorted in 7 steps, Dist1 - 7, each weapon uses 290 unique sound files to present their distanced feedback to the camera (player).

Distance explosions - Sorted in 5 classes, grenade, rocket, 20mm, Shell and arty, each class uses 100 unique sound effects for their distanced feedback.

Near explosions - Being to close to an explosion causes an loud sound effect simulating stuff flying by, shrapnel, dust, metal pieces and so on.

Urban Reflections - Extra sound overlayer when firing your weapon in an urban environment such as small villages or cities, the echoes go loud.

Forest Reflections - Same as above, just appears in forest environments such as, surprise: Forets!

Rocket Wosh - An extra sound that gets played if a rocket is crossing the player in short distance.

JSRS2 support - Any Mod weapon that has made to work with JSRS2.2 is fully supported by DFyre as well, as it contains all the JSRS2.2 entries.

Not sure if I forgot any script feature, since there are quiet a few :) Hopefully I can pack all that stuff together on monday, then its gets out to the testers and we'll see what I've missed. December will be the big month I guess. And NO, I DO NOT try to wait for christmas with that! I want to be finished to start planing JSRS4.0 :P

LJ

I think everyone has always known this is a beast of a mod, but holy hell those numbers blew me away, I never ever realized the real size of this project until now.

I threw a little something to your PayPal, get a beer or two, you've deserved it.

So given that MANW was pushed back, does that mean the release will be pushed back as well, or will we have an early Xmas present? ;)

i dont know if JSRS is in MANW so that doesnt mean anything

---------- Post added at 00:37 ---------- Previous post was at 00:36 ----------

Oh man! Do we srsly need to write a petition, so BI finnally hires you, mate?

i love this :D

---------- Post added at 00:37 ---------- Previous post was at 00:36 ----------

i love this :D

hehe, thanks! I think everyone else, would love too :)

From the OP:

Well, that much: If I can, I'd like to be part of the competition MAKE ARMA NOT WAR. This, as a hint on a release date :P

Maybe that's changed, but it's a worthwhile question.

I just got the tip to dissable JSRS because it could cause "conflicts" with DUWS and other missions.. I've always used JSRS from the day I discovered it, it's just to good!! I'm not shure what kind of conflicts they are talking about.. anybody nows? I don't want to dissable JSRS but would like to know what can go wrong in missions when playing with this mod.

I just got the tip to dissable JSRS because it could cause "conflicts" with DUWS and other missions.. I've always used JSRS from the day I discovered it, it's just to good!! I'm not shure what kind of conflicts they are talking about.. anybody nows? I don't want to dissable JSRS but would like to know what can go wrong in missions when playing with this mod.

I never had any conflicts between JSRS and other mods,

on top of that it's absolutely out of question that a sound mod would interfere with a mission in any way other than changing the sound of weapons/units/environment.

Whoever gave you that tip was probably just pulling your leg.

jsrs only applies on sound generaly, nothing extra, only using another sound mod along with jsrs, could cause trouble.

As it is using a lot of scripts I can imagine it could get stuck at some point, generating some errors that have nothing to do with sound... making some other scripts not working well or what ever. I don't know it that sounds logic at all but as a non modder I can imagine it is possible :)

Hi LordJarHead,

with all due respect, the sound of your bullet crack is too loud :(

here's how bullet crack should sound like:

Seriously,

you want me to make my sonic cracks sound like they've been recorded with a weak camera that can't handle such a loud noise anyways? Yeah, sure :P

Joke, but no, they are fine the way they are ;)

LJ

Hi LordJarHead,

Dude, you can NOT judge how loud bullets passing by you or weapon's sounds from a video. That is wholefully inaccurate. I don't know if you have ever fired an M4, been shot at by a Kalashnikov family weapon, or done anything with weapons but a video doesn't do justice the loudness and gunfire.

dude, you can not judge how loud bullets passing by you or weapon's sounds from a video. That is wholefully inaccurate. I don't know if you have ever fired an m4, been shot at by a kalashnikov family weapon, or done anything with weapons but a video doesn't do justice the loudness and gunfire.

THANK YOU, Sir!!!

LJ

Dude, you can NOT judge how loud bullets passing by you or weapon's sounds from a video. That is wholefully inaccurate. I don't know if you have ever fired an M4, been shot at by a Kalashnikov family weapon, or done anything with weapons but a video doesn't do justice the loudness and gunfire.

If only the real world audio of weapons and bombs were the same decibels as we see in the videos, than I wouldn't be so deaf! haha

S/F

If only the real world audio of weapons and bombs were the same decibels as we see in the videos, than I wouldn't be so deaf! haha

S/F

... and I would've been sued many many times for JSRS2.2 ;)

LJ

The other way around would be almost possible to achieve,

given a powerful enough system, 24bit sound samples (for 144dB dynamic range) and extremely patient neighbors.

Achievable but probably no fun at all, heh.

Hi LordJarHead,

Notice how the cracks are about as loud as the weapon firing next to the camera... I think the ones in LJ's mod are fine :P

uh, tbh, i found bullet cracks in some of jsrs versions were even to quite, whats the point of silent bullet cracks, when you don't feel being under pressure, unlike loud cracks, and enough sound volume, makes you feel supressed? As for me, it's fine now.:j:

Eh.. This TiborasaurusRex guy you're asking if he's ever done "anything with weapons" created an 88-video, 36 hour course on firearms and long-range shooting on YouTube. It covers everything from cartridge selection to rifle vibrations to using the "Crack-thump" method to range enemy fire. I think it's pretty safe to say he's done something with weapons, he knows his stuff.

With his experience, his input could be quite valuable if you're going for a realistic sound, just saying.

I have experienced "bullet cracks" IRL, and to me it seems like LJ have a pretty good idea about how it should sound. A youtube-video will never really be able to portray it accurately.

Maybe they are slightly loud, but it just adds to the atmosphere. :)

Eh.. This TiborasaurusRex guy you're asking if he's ever done "anything with weapons" created an 88-video, 36 hour course on firearms and long-range shooting on YouTube. It covers everything from cartridge selection to rifle vibrations to using the "Crack-thump" method to range enemy fire. I think it's pretty safe to say he's done something with weapons, he knows his stuff.

With his experience, his input could be quite valuable if you're going for a realistic sound, just saying.

+1

Damn fanboys. :) [/sarcasm]

Edited by megagoth1702