Sign in to follow this  
LordJarhead

JSRS: DragonFyre -- WIP Thread

Some questions - multiple choice! What do you use, what do you prefer?  

2655 members have voted

1. 1. Some questions - multiple choice! What do you use, what do you prefer?

• I use - Stereo Speakers/Headphones
    • I use - 5.1/7.1 Speakers
    • I prefer - More authentic sound
    • I prefer - More hollywood'ish sound
    • I like - The new progress shown in the videos
    • I like - JSRS2 more, keep it updated
    • It should - Be part of the Contest
    • It should - Not be part of the contest, make it for yourself and the community
    • I want - It now, release it unfinished
    • I want - It finished, take your time and release when its done and perfect

You should recruit this guy to create new engine sounds for you

;)

hi i installed JSRS 2.2 like all my other mods, but there is no difference from the vanilla sounds, so it must be not working somehow! How do I get it to work? Thanks

hi i installed JSRS 2.2 like all my other mods, but there is no difference from the vanilla sounds, so it must be not working somehow! How do I get it to work? Thanks

How do you launch arma? do you do this trough steam or do you have a custom shortut? make sure the startup parameters are always correctly set

for steam it would be without any other mods

-nosplash -mod=@cba_a3;@jsrs2.2

for a custom shortcut this would be

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\arma3.exe" -nosplash -mod=@cba_a3;@jsrs2.2

If the above is don correctly and it still is not working properly then i would not have a clue how to help, but the only thing i can think of now is that it sounds like your startup parameters are not set correctly. You can check ingame in the expansion list to see if JSRS or any other mods are launched or not "when this is not the case" -> i suggest to launch the game with those startup parameters given above and see if it works then .... If it does work recheck your own shortcuts and see what is different you may have forgotten something "it happens when you add a lot of mods" mistyping something can happen easily "Especially :cool:" when you are eager to try something out :D ...

additional note: make sure that your folders are named exactly as in the startup parameter line, "sometimes" I also dare to rename or even combine certain mod folders into one to keep my folders in my game directory at minimum. But if you mistakenly forget to rename those startup parameter mod folders then the game will not pick it up in its mod listing in game eater ...

Anyway hope it helps ...

@LordJarhead

Nice to see you back around here, still using both of your mods ofcourse :D it seems this one is going to set JSRS 2.2 on the background non the less also a nice addition to the game but Dragonfyre sounds more evolved and it gives arma 3 that extra it needs to make it feel more complete, not that jsrs 2.2 is not doing a good job .. however I may say from what i heard thus far that this one is going to do the job a little better :p like usual keep up the good work ...

best of regards

lhq ...

Edited by LiquitHQ
Gramma :s

im sorry but how do you download this thing? O.o

Not at all. JSRS DragonFyre has not been released.

LJ

GET BACK TO WORK!!!! :torture:

We await the release!

I await patience, enough of my own free time to build this mod and a fast server to provide this thing... FOR FREE... :D

My body is ready.

So you grow an extra pair of ears? :)

LJ

Best of luck in your endeavour Jarhead,for my teamates and i it has become almost impossible to play without JSRS and now that we have seen (or rather heard) some of the videos, it has become almost impossible to play with the actual version, i' m pretty sure that this is called progress.;)

Best of luck in your endeavour Jarhead,for my teamates and i it has become almost impossible to play without JSRS and now that we have seen (or rather heard) some of the videos, it has become almost impossible to play with the actual version, i' m pretty sure that this is called progress.;)

Thank you! I'm really happy with the progress myself so far. A lot of things dont fit currently, but thats rather small stuf compared to the amount of time and work that went into this project so far. And playing with DFyre makes JSRS2.2 (not sure if I really should say this) boring and colorless, lackluster'ish :P

LJ

Playing with DFyre makes JSRS2.2 boring and colorless!

-LJ 2014

There you go!

Also:

10/10

LordJarhead I'm very anxious about the mod and all the amazing that it brings maybe i get incentived to play the campaign with all the new explosions,are you going to release any new video this week showing the progress with the new dlc helicopter ?

Cheers and keep up with the great work :)

And playing with DFyre makes JSRS2.2 boring and colorless, lackluster'ish :P

LJ

That was just mean. :(

Please redeem us! :)

LordJarhead I'm very anxious about the mod and all the amazing that it brings maybe i get incentived to play the campaign with all the new explosions,are you going to release any new video this week showing the progress with the new dlc helicopter ?

Cheers and keep up with the great work :)

Right, totally forgot about those lately. Been doing the SD sounds, fixing the urban, tweaking movement/gear sound and other stuff. I'll do make a video of those. Currently they use Placeholder sounds from JSRS1.5...

That was just mean

That wasn't mean, that was an attempt to compare both.

Right, totally forgot about those lately. Been doing the SD sounds, fixing the urban, tweaking movement/gear sound and other stuff. I'll do make a video of those. Currently they use Placeholder sounds from JSRS1.5...

That wasn't mean, that was an attempt to compare both.

Its mean that we have to play with the inferior JSRS 2.2 :)

So far from the videos Dragonfyre is superior in any way and I stopped playing Arma until Dragonfyre is out. (And the multiplayer servers adapt to it).

Just wonder , LJ, how many hours did you put in until now with the DragonFyre project. I'm just curious how much time is needed to put up with a great mod like yours.

I forget you Germans lack the ability to register sarcasm. :smiley-biggrin:

JIC: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarcasm

Keep up the good work LJ, we all love the mod.

You racist! :D No, kidding, I was understanding that as sarcasm, dont worry. I just did not come up with a cool answer it seems :P

Just wonder , LJ, how many hours did you put in until now with the DragonFyre project. I'm just curious how much time is needed to put up with a great mod like yours.

I don't know. Its different every time I do mod'ing. Yesterday afternoon around 3 hours, last night, from 0:30am to 5.30am I spent some time as well. Well, 5 hours^^ Some times you have this giant amount of motivation because your head nearly explodes of new ideas and stuff you come up with. On some other days, and sometimes even for weeks, you just dont do anything, not even touch the game. Then you need to get inspired by something to move on again. For me, that would be other video games or movies. I mean its obvious, watching a movie like Camp Armadillo makes you want to play ArmA again hehe.

If I would have to guess, I'd say Dragon Fyre ate up around .... 300 to 400 hours I'd say? Sounds ok, if I consider the fact that Dragon Fyre exists like 6 months by now.

LJ

PS:

Currently rendering a new video showing the following new features:

-New Urban SD sounds

-New SD weapon effects

-New randomly generated Urban effects for SD weapons

-Giant AI firefight with SD and non-SD weapons (BluFor use SD, Opfor not)

-New DLC Helicopters covered

-Tweaked movement and gear noises

-Hundreds of volume tweaks

Edited by LordJarhead

what a tease

That's the only thing left for me, do not take it away from me too! :D

You racist! :D No, kidding, I was understanding that as sarcasm, dont worry. I just did not come up with a cool answer it seems :P

I don't know. Its different every time I do mod'ing. Yesterday afternoon around 3 hours, last night, from 0:30am to 5.30am I spent some time as well. Well, 5 hours^^ Some times you have this giant amount of motivation because your head nearly explodes of new ideas and stuff you come up with. On some other days, and sometimes even for weeks, you just dont do anything, not even touch the game. Then you need to get inspired by something to move on again. For me, that would be other video games or movies. I mean its obvious, watching a movie like Camp Armadillo makes you want to play ArmA again hehe.

If I would have to guess, I'd say Dragon Fyre ate up around .... 300 to 400 hours I'd say? Sounds ok, if I consider the fact that Dragon Fyre exists like 6 months by now.

LJ

PS:

Currently rendering a new video showing the following new features:

-New Urban SD sounds

-New SD weapon effects

Amazing mate!! I mean you will be remembered for many many years in the community for your work and for your contribution. Keep up the good work :)

By now the arma community should be use to getting there tease on, all these big name modders love to tease old willy haha.

Amazing mate!! I mean you will be remembered for many many years in the community for your work and for your contribution. Keep up the good work :)

Thank you very much my friend. such statements always motivate to continue, too ;)

UPDATE:

The video:

qMMhlHD2jSE

READ THIS BEFORE COMMENT:

The SD Urban effects (The sounds that reflects from buildings) are way to loud for the SD weapons! Those sounds are placeholders, this is more a prove of concept! They will be adjusted in volume and distance in a reasonable way!

As said before, thats new:

-New Urban SD sounds

-New SD weapon effects

Let me know what you think :) Thanks alot,

LJ