Sign in to follow this  
LordJarhead

JSRS: DragonFyre -- WIP Thread

Some questions - multiple choice! What do you use, what do you prefer?  

2655 members have voted

1. 1. Some questions - multiple choice! What do you use, what do you prefer?

• I use - Stereo Speakers/Headphones
    • I use - 5.1/7.1 Speakers
    • I prefer - More authentic sound
    • I prefer - More hollywood'ish sound
    • I like - The new progress shown in the videos
    • I like - JSRS2 more, keep it updated
    • It should - Be part of the Contest
    • It should - Not be part of the contest, make it for yourself and the community
    • I want - It now, release it unfinished
    • I want - It finished, take your time and release when its done and perfect

The "new" sounds don't sound great and I have the feeling it's not really the same as we're doing.

S, still: JSRS f*ckyeah

Well, lets at least take a look then ;)

---------- Post added at 10:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 AM ----------

It's nice that the devs started to make some changes to the sound, and it's probably just in the very early stages yet, with focus on helicopters for the DLC release. There might be more goodies in the future, but I'm sure there will always be a place for JSRS, so keep up the good work LJ and LAxemann :)

Its not the new sounds that are the cool thing, more the new features and abilities they plan! They kinda help me more realize my ideas :P Which is friggin GREAT!

LJ

Could it be that there are no new entries for inside hits? That there is just a new attenuation effect that make normal bullethits audible inside a vehicle? Maybe a def could quickly jump in and explain, lol :P

LJ

EDIT:

Found some new stuff that need to me made now:

soundLocked, soundIncommingMissile, rotorDamageInt, rotorDamageOu, rotorDamage, tailDamageInt, tailDamageOut, tailDamage, landingSoundInt0, landingSoundInt1, landingSoundInt, landingSoundOut0, landingSoundOut1, landingSoundOut, gearUpExt, gearUpInt, gearUp, gearDownInt, gearDownExt, gearDown, slingCargoAttach0, slingCargoAttach1, slingCargoAttach, slingCargoDetach0, slingCargoDetach1, slingCargoDetach, class Engine, class RotorLowExt, class RotorHighExt, class TransmissionDamageExt, class RainExt, class scrubTreeExt, class scrubLandExt, class scrubBuildingExt, class SlingLoadDownExt, class SlingLoadUpExt, class EngineInt, class RotorLowIn, class RotorHighIn, class TransmissionDamageInt, class Wind, class Stress, class StressOverload, class RainInt, class scrubLandInt, class SlingLoadDownInt, class SlingLoadUpInt

All those will need sounds now... just for Helicopters tho, gotta check if theres anything new to the vehicles but I guess that will be applied through later patches.

This kinda throughs me back for weeks tho :X

LJ

Edited by LordJarhead

Could it be that there are no new entries for inside hits? That there is just a new attenuation effect that make normal bullethits audible inside a vehicle? Maybe a def could quickly jump in and explain, lol :P

LJ

EDIT:

Found some new stuff that need to me made now:

soundLocked, soundIncommingMissile, rotorDamageInt, rotorDamageOu, rotorDamage, tailDamageInt, tailDamageOut, tailDamage, landingSoundInt0, landingSoundInt1, landingSoundInt, landingSoundOut0, landingSoundOut1, landingSoundOut, gearUpExt, gearUpInt, gearUp, gearDownInt, gearDownExt, gearDown, slingCargoAttach0, slingCargoAttach1, slingCargoAttach, slingCargoDetach0, slingCargoDetach1, slingCargoDetach, class Engine, class RotorLowExt, class RotorHighExt, class TransmissionDamageExt, class RainExt, class scrubTreeExt, class scrubLandExt, class scrubBuildingExt, class SlingLoadDownExt, class SlingLoadUpExt, class EngineInt, class RotorLowIn, class RotorHighIn, class TransmissionDamageInt, class Wind, class Stress, class StressOverload, class RainInt, class scrubLandInt, class SlingLoadDownInt, class SlingLoadUpInt

All those will need sounds now... just for Helicopters tho, gotta check if theres anything new to the vehicles but I guess that will be applied through later patches.

This kinda throughs me back for weeks tho :X

LJ

That's a shame, luckely there's no reason to hurry :)

The "new" sounds don't sound great and I have the feeling it's not really the same as we're doing.

I wouldn't go as far as to say they are not great, but rather, they need work. An Audio overhaul is likley underway, and it will be awhile before it is perfect, for example the exterior/wind sound of the helicopters are Sterio, but not yet 3D.

I wouldn't go as far as to say they are not great, but rather, they need work. An Audio overhaul is likley underway, and it will be awhile before it is perfect, for example the exterior/wind sound of the helicopters are Sterio, but not yet 3D.

You have to take into consideration that it is difficult to make them 3d.

When it rains heavily, it's difficult to hear the environment around you because of the rain hitting the windshield directly in front of you.

Lord Jarhead I've been using your mod for a while now never had a chance to thank you! I LOVE it and gladly dropped you small donation hopefully it helps encourage you to keep going! I've been shooting my whole life and IMO the biggest break in ARMA 3 for me is the sound and your current release of 2.2 is great but your new work is amazing! The improved distance\echo's and sound reflection are exactly what I thought was missing and makes this all the more perfect addition.

So from the bottom of my geeky audiophile heart... Thank you and Thank you LAxemann!

/thanks-over

/gushing-end

You have to take into consideration that it is difficult to make them 3d.

When it rains heavily, it's difficult to hear the environment around you because of the rain hitting the windshield directly in front of you.

Difficult yes, impossible, no. That's what we are pushing them to do, in order to boost immersion through sound. Not only that by most, if not every sound on Arma 2 was 3D. If we can get the same going in Arma 3, than it's a win win. However, if Lord wanted to implement his own 3D external/Internal sounds, that I reckon would be a whole new level of challenge, maybe.

Well you have to admitt the wind sound when flying a heli is pretty nice.

Well you have to admitt the wind sound when flying a heli is pretty nice.

I was talking about the in-vehicle-hit sounds... which kinda don't work, if you ask me :P

I agree. Wind is nice but I would love it if you could hear a little more from inside the vehicles. I would assume a round plinking off the side of an armored car would be very loud to the occupants. With the changes they're making on the Heli pack even with some sound, I'm curious about the plans for the sniper pack. They may be adding in better tools for these things, or maybe it will just be better ballistics overall... but I'm hoping for both sound and physics!

Since ACE times bodies makes not any sound when fall in to the ground.

I dont know you guys, but to see near soldiers fall in total silence affects criticaly inmersion to me.

Same situation about vehicles and its interaction to the environment. No crash sound of any kind, no noise when cars hit the ground in any way...

Dear LJ ...would you mind... hehe

You and the other guy are my heroes...will you become my SUPERHEROES???

Not sure if you're okay with this, but I was wondering on whether or not we can use JSRS, or DragonFyre for other weapons? It really sucks and breaks immersion when the JSRS sounds are interrupted by usually lacklustre audio effects. Is there any way I can port the JSRS sound effects to other mod packs? Or if the almighty Jarhead is cool with it haha?!

Not sure if you're okay with this, but I was wondering on whether or not we can use JSRS, or DragonFyre for other weapons? It really sucks and breaks immersion when the JSRS sounds are interrupted by usually lacklustre audio effects. Is there any way I can port the JSRS sound effects to other mod packs? Or if the almighty Jarhead is cool with it haha?!

Can't stop you from doing that in private anyways, but NO permission for a public release. Tho more and more mod makers ask me for sounds every day and I kinda give them a JSRS touch every time. Other than that, JSRS2 or JSRS DragonFyre are made to cover vanilla sound effects. I can't cover all mods out there. ;)

BTW, been working on the new helicopter sounds so far. The new entries are all covered by now with some really cool results so far. Will show you some progress later today I hope ;)

LJ

Can't stop you from doing that in private anyways, but NO permission for a public release. Tho more and more mod makers ask me for sounds every day and I kinda give them a JSRS touch every time. Other than that, JSRS2 or JSRS DragonFyre are made to cover vanilla sound effects. I can't cover all mods out there. ;)

BTW, been working on the new helicopter sounds so far. The new entries are all covered by now with some really cool results so far. Will show you some progress later today I hope ;)

LJ

Great news, LJ!

Cannot wait to hear them! :)

Here we go:

4jUJJhD3Yow

You can hear new rainsounds based on terrain, new rainsounds on and inside vehicles, new crash sounds and some tweaked helicopter sounds.

Enjoy,

LJ

Sounds amazing :D

But I think the rainsounds inside the helicopter are a little too loud.

I don´t have the words to describe how fucking amazing that is :notworthy:

Small suggestion for the helicopter crash souds. When the rotors fly off the heli turbine should go into very high RPM, not become silent. Can you overlay those new sounds with the high pitch turbine noise you had before? I think that would sound amazing.

Is it possible to make footsteps on wet concrete sound as if you are stepping into water?

Love all of it besides the vehicle crashes(mainly the M-ATV). It sounds very light and not what you'd expect from a 10+ ton vehicle ramming something. A deeper and more of a thud would probably fit better.

Also was it raining or hailing when you got in the Kajman? :p

Love all of it besides the vehicle crashes(mainly the M-ATV). It sounds very light and not what you'd expect from a 10+ ton vehicle ramming something. A deeper and more of a thud would probably fit better.

Also was it raining or hailing when you got in the Kajman? :p

Well I guess having rain fall on a near horizontal glass directly abover your head is loud....

Sounds amazing :D

But I think the rainsounds inside the helicopter are a little too loud.

Yes it is, but at the moment I realized that I was already in recording mood and thought about fixing it later. All of that is WIP as always :)

LJ

Love the video update, literally sounds amazing!

Those rain sounds plus TPW RAINFX mod will totally rock!

Will there be crash sounds for trees and bushes too?

Reference (although the cracking of the branches is drowned out by the tanks engine most of the time):

If I may be so bold as to also ask for impact sounds on people/animals :ok:

Hopefully something squishy :o