Sign in to follow this  
LordJarhead

JSRS: DragonFyre -- WIP Thread

Some questions - multiple choice! What do you use, what do you prefer?  

2655 members have voted

1. 1. Some questions - multiple choice! What do you use, what do you prefer?

• I use - Stereo Speakers/Headphones
    • I use - 5.1/7.1 Speakers
    • I prefer - More authentic sound
    • I prefer - More hollywood'ish sound
    • I like - The new progress shown in the videos
    • I like - JSRS2 more, keep it updated
    • It should - Be part of the Contest
    • It should - Not be part of the contest, make it for yourself and the community
    • I want - It now, release it unfinished
    • I want - It finished, take your time and release when its done and perfect

Lol... Authentic sounds for the win...

Really looking forward to it whenever it comes out!

I use Logitech 930 surround headphones and jsrs 2.2 is a huge improvement.

Thanks again for all you do!

Yep, seems like the usual player uses Stereo Headphones or Speakers, prefer authentic over hollywood, likes the new contents and wants DFyre being part of the contest. Tho most cannot decide to either wait for it or want it now. Mostly it goes for the full final release which I prefer as well :)

BTW: Thanks to any moderator who have changed the wrong "choise" word in the poll! Thanks alot for that!

LJ

I wonder if those "It should - Be part of the Contest" realize that that means a release before the end of October, and therefor "I want - It finished, take your time and release when its done and perfect" can't be applied.

just saying.

I wonder if those "It should - Be part of the Contest" realize that that means a release before the end of October, and therefor "I want - It finished, take your time and release when its done and perfect" can't be applied.

just saying.

Wont make DFyre be part of the contest anyways. Its not finished and wont be before October, I'm sure. Tho... what about JSRS2? Its done, tho had some reports about some sounds not working anymore. But JSRS2 is old and known already, guess no one would vote that anymore as it is a "used and commonly mod".

LJ

Good to hear. And i'm sure you'd still get plenty of votes, but that seems a bit redundant seeing how much effort you're putting into DF. Wouldn't want a previous version to outshine this masterpiece in the making.

"Actually never edited the tube GL's so far but will do for DFyre ;)

LJ"

Very nice! :) I'm happy :p

Where does it say it won't be compatible ?

I believe he means JSRS making sounds for RHS :)

Such a shame that this great mod wont be compatible with another great mod RHS Escalation...

You never know, but right now there is too much going on. To worry about covering others mods right now would be a mistake--especially seeing how we have no idea really how the RHS sounds will be anyways. Besides, once we get Dfyre further along, I plan on kidnapping Dennis again for our ASTFOR project, so RHS will just have to wait in line. :p

Lets be Clear; Compatible with is not the same as sounds made especially for.

I.e. you will of course be able to run both mods side by side...

I plan on kidnapping Dennis again for our ASTFOR project, so RHS will just have to wait in line. :p

90% of Arma 3 Community wait for mods. Here the list:

1. RHS. Everyone wants to see Escalation between Rus vs US. Nobody cares about futuristic shity weapons and tanks. If you want it go play new CoD with all plastic weapons and ExoArmor. Before RHS they using portable Arma2 Weapons with low poly and old animation.

2. Mod such as ACE. But it wont be for Arma 3. There will be VTN mod. And Fully compatible with RHS.

3. JSRS. My Advice is to cooperate with Red Hammer Studio and make some cool sounds for modern Weapons, Tanks and vehicles. Because in RHS mod there will be a ton of them)))

Two questions Lord: 1. have you served in military? If you do, what unit and how long. 2. How do you obtain these sounds, you record real weapons, or.... idk, is it possible to "make" for example explosion sound without any recordings?

90% of Arma 3 Community wait for mods. Here the list:

1. RHS. Everyone wants to see Escalation between Rus vs US. Nobody cares about futuristic shity weapons and tanks. If you want it go play new CoD with all plastic weapons and ExoArmor. Before RHS they using portable Arma2 Weapons with low poly and old animation.

2. Mod such as ACE. But it wont be for Arma 3. There will be VTN mod. And Fully compatible with RHS.

3. JSRS. My Advice is to cooperate with Red Hammer Studio and make some cool sounds for modern Weapons, Tanks and vehicles. Because in RHS mod there will be a ton of them)))

I think Lord can choose what he wants to work on, though i would certainly have to say ASTFOR should be first ;)

Two questions Lord: 1. have you served in military? If you do, what unit and how long. 2. How do you obtain these sounds, you record real weapons, or.... idk, is it possible to "make" for example explosion sound without any recordings?

1. Nope.

2. Kinda, you dont need recordings of explosions in order to make explosion sounds for example...

I think Lord can choose what he wants to work on, though i would certainly have to say ASTFOR should be first ;)

Wait... I can choose? And who whips me all the time in this dark cellar here in Jersey? Ands I thought this locked remote-tnt-c4-explosive-devices around my neck was just a nice present from ASTFOR team... :P

LJ

Wait... I can choose? And who whips me all the time in this dark cellar here in Jersey? Ands I thought this locked remote-tnt-c4-explosive-devices around my neck was just a nice present from ASTFOR team... :P

LJ

Yeah, yeah--get back to work down there otherwise you'll get the hose again. *cue Buffalo Bill Dance number from Silence of the Lambs*

Yeah, yeah--get back to work down there otherwise you'll get the hose again. *cue Buffalo Bill Dance number from Silence of the Lambs*

Would you pull up the bucket then? It's full!

LJ

:butbut:

That is pretty scary, probably less scary then the sounds of getting shot at :cool:

Wait... What ? No replies for a week? Is it joke ? Is this mod is still alive at al !? Oh noez ! My meaning of life is gone now....

Hehe just kidding, cant wait for this xd

Yap, its dead. Totally... no way I'll ever make it.... :P

o_PnU_533Zk

No, joke. Its alive and kickin'!

LJ

Echoes... echoes everywhere... Reverbs are too long, too close. Cloth friction (movement sound) too muffled and too loud - sounds like someone carries his ears in a pocket... Gunshots sounds eargasmic tho...

Edited by nsnipe

I thought the echoes were great, seemed to make sence in accordance with the environment, really love the overall "roughness" of the sound too!