Sign in to follow this  
LordJarhead

JSRS: DragonFyre -- WIP Thread

Some questions - multiple choice! What do you use, what do you prefer?  

2655 members have voted

1. 1. Some questions - multiple choice! What do you use, what do you prefer?

• I use - Stereo Speakers/Headphones
    • I use - 5.1/7.1 Speakers
    • I prefer - More authentic sound
    • I prefer - More hollywood'ish sound
    • I like - The new progress shown in the videos
    • I like - JSRS2 more, keep it updated
    • It should - Be part of the Contest
    • It should - Not be part of the contest, make it for yourself and the community
    • I want - It now, release it unfinished
    • I want - It finished, take your time and release when its done and perfect

[h=2]JSRS3: DragonFyre Testers - Note[/h]

Hello Guys,

this is a message that goes to all the JSRS3: DragonFyre testers out there.

As some may have noticed already there is a quiet silent around the thread currently, which is because I work more or less in the shadows when ever I can find the time. Tho there has been a major update I was working on.

The "Dynamic Range Update" will actually tweak 90 - 100% of all script-triggered sound effects. Making loud noises louder, silent noises quieter. So a gun pop will be loud while its echo and reverb stays the way it is now.

The next version, i-0.7, will hopefully be issue-free, so I wanted to ask you guys to send over ANY kind of trouble, RPTs, personal issues or even CTD's to me again, so I have an overview of things I might have to tweak for the next update.

Also, if you have any other kind of suggestion or ideas, please let me know, in a reasonable way obviously :)

Thanks for everyone involved and helping me out here ;)

LJ

Aww I totally reached you with my dynamic range speeches :D

I wonder, DragonFyre works on SQF or some dll extensions? :confused:

100% SQF :)

JarHead any news on the diving audio ? I really want to fell the diving experience the felling of be underwater on the colder water and all that stuff

Hey LJ, anyway I can become a tester? school holidays are here and time is lookin pretty sweeet.

My unit wold also love to help if needed, but no matter what how is it coming along? I bet Arma 3 is so sweet to play for those beta testing guys lol.

Twiztid

100% SQF :)

Understandable but a bit limiting, you could do so much signal processing via an extension and offload that work to cores that ArmA doesn't use.

Hey LJ, anyway I can become a tester? school holidays are here and time is lookin pretty sweeet.

i think hes already got the people he needs and of course trusts ;)

Would it be at all possible to have a sound when a vehicle turret moves? Like when a tank turret rotates there's a sound of electric motors going? BI is working on a solution now, but they've been at it for almost a year. I wonder if a script for that would lag the game to death.

JSRS download servers

Illuminati Confirmed??? :)

jk

Sucks to hear you guys have problems hopefully it doesnt delay your testing alot

Finally dl'd 2.2 and I love it. Really looking forward to Dragon Fyre :)

Would it be at all possible to have a sound when a vehicle turret moves? Like when a tank turret rotates there's a sound of electric motors going? BI is working on a solution now, but they've been at it for almost a year. I wonder if a script for that would lag the game to death.

There's already a parameter in vehicle config for this. BIS just haven't added any sounds and left it blank. All each entry needs is a path to sound in the parentheses:

soundservo[] = {"", 15, 1, 30};

There's already a parameter in vehicle config for this. BIS just haven't added any sounds and left it blank. All each entry needs is a path to sound in the parentheses:

Hey,

wasnt that an entry like "turret" and "mainturret" or something like that? Thats at least what I remember from ArmA2 so far... Well and I mean... they mostly copied and pasted all the stuff over or build A3 on A2, right? Dunno, will check that entry when I'm back from vacation...

LJ

Oh man, time to annoy the driver of my HMMWV again!

Random comment aside: A3 is built on just about the same engine as A2 except with a few very noticeable upgrades like PhysX, Lighting and Rendering overall.

Hey,

wasnt that an entry like "turret" and "mainturret" or something like that? Thats at least what I remember from ArmA2 so far... Well and I mean... they mostly copied and pasted all the stuff over or build A3 on A2, right? Dunno, will check that entry when I'm back from vacation...

LJ

That's pretty much it - here's an example, it should work but untested. Have a good holiday as well :)

class MRAP_02_hmg_base_F;
class MRAP_02_gmg_base_F: MRAP_02_hmg_base_F {
class Turrets;
class MainTurret;
};

class O_MRAP_02_gmg_F: MRAP_02_gmg_base_F {
class Turrets: Turrets {
	class MainTurret: MainTurret {
		soundservo[] = {"\your\new\path", 15, 1, 30};
	};
};
};

Sure there is via scripting around a thousand edges and a giant amount of data that would be needed to be calculated. The performance would die totally under such script constructions.

LJ

Doesn't the engine generally know when something's in view? Could you use that already present data to do a simple, subtle effect?

Doesn't the engine generally know when something's in view? Could you use that already present data to do a simple, subtle effect?

The engine might know that in general but there is no entry in the cfg for the vehicle sounds that is addressed to that engine feature. So no matter what, even IF there is a way to do archive that, it's either a deeper engine thingy and would make DF to an required mod instead of a clientside one, if it would make such significant changes to the game.

Well to make it short...there is no way for that. It is an engine feature that just needs to be activated again I guess. Or at least get re-implemented heh...

LJ

Hey everyone,

as some may know I currently on vacation and do not work much lately on JSRS and ArmA. Tho I started a poll with multiple choice answers. There are some things I'd like to know from you, so please keep it serious. Only use ONE of the each two questions. For example: Only use one of the "I use -" answers. Easy to undertand, right?

I hope you all keep voting, its kinda interesting to know the results on each question.

So, thank you guys so much. I promise to have more new stuff coming during the next two weeks. But for now... happy holidays to me ;)

Thanks alot,

Happy Voting!

LJ

Default ArmA3 weapons sounds are better than ArmA 2, yes, but I don't feel the power when I feel the rifle, they are... meh... shooting with the MX when it just goes "plop" every pull of the trigger, just takes the feels away. The scene from movie "Hurt Locker" when they open up on the insurgent snipers with the M2... the sound of the M2 is just... Simply epic.

Every shot sounds like you just shit 12.7 millimeters or lethal f*** :D

I'd go for the hollywoodish sounds for small arms, and realistic sounds for vehicles. Just my opinnion ^^

Tough choice on the last two pairs of questions, I'd like to have DF when it's as best as it possibly can, but then again I'd really like to see you in the contest.

Also, to a certain degree I'm with Kristian, small arms could use some artificial 'ooompf' to their sounds.

Entering the contest might be messy, as soon as someone asks "where'd you get these sounds from"... :P

More authentic sounds for me, definitely, I even prefered the soundscape of 2.2 due to the heavy compression you used in the previous DFyre versions, but now I can't wait to listen to the newest version with enhanced dynamic range :3