Sign in to follow this  
LordJarhead

JSRS: DragonFyre -- WIP Thread

Some questions - multiple choice! What do you use, what do you prefer?  

2655 members have voted

1. 1. Some questions - multiple choice! What do you use, what do you prefer?

• I use - Stereo Speakers/Headphones
    • I use - 5.1/7.1 Speakers
    • I prefer - More authentic sound
    • I prefer - More hollywood'ish sound
    • I like - The new progress shown in the videos
    • I like - JSRS2 more, keep it updated
    • It should - Be part of the Contest
    • It should - Not be part of the contest, make it for yourself and the community
    • I want - It now, release it unfinished
    • I want - It finished, take your time and release when its done and perfect

q8IRU6fUc58

So, another short video showing some Tanks, Battles from distances and SD weapons which are still heavy WIP

LJ

Awesome progress, LordJarhead!

But it is impossible to you to fit 30,000 hours in 3 years as 30,000 hours is equal to 3.42239 years. But you have definitely put in many hours, no doubt.

Wow! This is sounding epic! I like the transition over distance. So now we need to have thousands of AI in game so we can hear them all shooting.

Sounds great!

I think 1000s of AI shooting will sound like a mess no matter what sound mod you run kremator, lots of sound+lag usually = audio glitching to shit

The SD sounds are nice! Super job on everything like expected!

Awesome progress, LordJarhead!

But it is impossible to you to fit 30,000 hours in 3 years as 30,000 hours is equal to 3.42239 years. But you have definitely put in many hours, no doubt.

Yeah not clue how I calculated that actually :O Way to much^^ Tho I never actually counted them. Too many to count anyways

LJ

That sounds amazing (apart from the echo of the pistol, but that was a bug, so it doesn´t matter) I really like the Tank engine sounds. Now I´m really curious to see what they sound like at medium distances :o

Astounding job. Keep up the great work. Love the whizzing sound from SD, but can that whizzing be used as a crack as well as impact? Some bullets actually whiz. Anyhow, love it. Absolutely love it. Cannot wait.

That sounds amazing (apart from the echo of the pistol, but that was a bug, so it doesn´t matter) I really like the Tank engine sounds. Now I´m really curious to see what they sound like at medium distances :o

Well, I wouldn't say that the echo of the pistol didn't sound amazing. Hell, I'd buy a pistol that could do that suppressed. However, that sound was a bug and didn't fit the weapon. Regardless, I'm looking forward to this mod. Maybe LJ and OS could see if they might do a release together, so we don't have to live a single day without either one of these mods from the time they're released.

Good stuff right there! Especially the armor engines and drivetrain, all those little noises from the undercarriage and the suspension reminded me of my days behind the AMV wheel, any chance you could show what you've come up with the Marhall? :)

The tanks are still heavy WIP and need some good tweaks. The two tanks you saw in the video are the only ones I see myself as "Kinda ok" so far. The volume need some tweaks and well as they need some more bass to them I think. Overall they are ok in quality but definitive need some volume tweaks. The wheeled APC's are a real pain in the *ss due to their strange engine rpm shifting BS. Its really weird to have them driving all high pitched RPM and never really shift right. That sounds to stupid most of the time. Hope I can find a decent way with samples and CFG to get them to my taste. But I'm really confident that with enough time and patience I can get there...

Over all the distance battle showed an interesting issue to me. As I was moving further away I figured that the effects sound still to close on further distances. So I might have to tweak the script here to make them sound more distant sooner.

Yes, SD weapons does need some tweaks but as I found that issue while recording I was too lazy to tweak them and then record again. I just wanted the video to be done and get some sleep, was a rough day yesterday. Will show the final SD sounds later tho ;)

LJ

PS: THANKS for the amazing feedback so far, guys! You really give me some strength to keep this going so fast! I would have lost a lot of motivation over time if there wouldn't be such a great community standing behind me and lift me up all day long! YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

LordJarhead how far away are from a beta release ? I ask because I might travel and be away for a month.

PS

Sorry for asking :o

LordJarhead how far away are from a beta release ? I ask because I might travel and be away for a month.

PS

Sorry for asking :o

Travel then, it will take more than a month, trust me. And there wont be any beta release. I wont release anything before I hit a solid full version. 1.0 will be the first version that will be released.

LJ

Take all the time you need Jarhead. You and the whole team have so much potential, it's always fuc*in great to see the results of the work you guys have done and it totally makes my day everytime I watch it.

... agreed on the distance issues. Shots did sounds a little too clear.... perhaps they should be more muffled ? I don't know

SJ

Just uploaded another video showing the new APC sounds I'm trying to create. Sounds are based on Thrust Factor. I was driving with the Logitech RumblePad2.

M6xXe5BQi6E

LJ

Coming along pretty nice already, I don't know what's possible and what isn't, but here a few suggestions:

- The suspension makes a lot of noise, it's not very audible when turned out, but when turned in it's quite loud.

It's a hydropneumatic system and it sounds rather weird when you really bash it around, it kind of howls when compressing, difficult to explain in english :(

edit: Actually you can hear it around 0:43 in the video Tonci posted, just the camera doesn't quite capture it as it really sounds.

- The engine sounds a lot more muffled when turned in, drivetrain sounds are really good already.

- Turbo is quite loud and its whizzing is very prominent when turned out, but not when turned in.

All in all, that already brings back memories, and a smile to my face. :o

Here is the real thing

Pretty close if you ask me.

Heh, that's me driving and my buddy filming. :)

Excellent work JSRS...I need an e-mail address to send you a link to something on my Google Drive which you will definitely find useful.