Sign in to follow this  
LordJarhead

JSRS: DragonFyre -- WIP Thread

Some questions - multiple choice! What do you use, what do you prefer?  

2655 members have voted

1. 1. Some questions - multiple choice! What do you use, what do you prefer?

• I use - Stereo Speakers/Headphones
    • I use - 5.1/7.1 Speakers
    • I prefer - More authentic sound
    • I prefer - More hollywood'ish sound
    • I like - The new progress shown in the videos
    • I like - JSRS2 more, keep it updated
    • It should - Be part of the Contest
    • It should - Not be part of the contest, make it for yourself and the community
    • I want - It now, release it unfinished
    • I want - It finished, take your time and release when its done and perfect

BaHahah this. Surely bis should be giving lordjar, some head?. .. Jsrs has been a cornerstone of arma2/3 . Here is an analogy to some it up nicely...Vanilla sounds It's like a girl who has been pricked by a small penis. then jsrs mod sounds is like she is suddenly being stooped by a stallion.

From the vanilla sounds quaility.... I gots to know what cereal box comes with one of these " qualifications" for a bis sound guy. No offense bis guys loving the church bells, bless the little scamps...

Post of the day!

BaHahah this. Surely bis should be giving lordjar, some head?. .. Jsrs has been a cornerstone of arma2/3 . Here is an analogy to some it up nicely...Vanilla sounds It's like a girl who has been pricked by a small penis. then jsrs mod sounds is like she is suddenly being stooped by a stallion.

From the vanilla sounds quaility.... I gots to know what cereal box comes with one of these " qualifications" for a bis sound guy. No offense bis guys loving the church bells, bless the little scamps...

What did I just read? :D I get what you mean though

Sweet^^ But tbh, you got to think that BI sound guys have to make sounds for a game and they have a deadline on their back. I, I can do what ever I like, I can take as much time as I like to create my sounds. So I can take hours just to make one weapon sound the way I want them to sounds like. In a company like BI I can imagine there you have not that much time to create your sounds by try and error and endless tweaking sessions. They got to get things done and seen in the current game how much content (Well, after the first release at least) was still missing or not well working I can pretty much say: I couldn't have done a better job in a short time I guess. Well, at least I could give it a try :P

LJ

these sounds are amazing! it certainly gives a better feel to the game, when vehicles blow up, they actually have the right feel to them! love it! I'll definitely drop a donation you're way when I've got some spare money next! :D

I can't wait for this. JSRS has single handedly saved the Arma series for me. I can't stand BI's version of gun sounds as tapping pencils on a desk.

This + Blastcore:Pheonix = AMAZING

But, then again.... This alone = AMAZING!!! :D

@LJ,

check your skype dude, tell me what and how you want it and we're good to go :)

Omg this sounds sooo amaizing!

JSRS:DragonFyre + Blastcore:Phoenix = so much better ArmA experience, no one will notice that it's ArmA! :D

I love all of you guys! ♥

This + Blastcore:Pheonix = AMAZING

But, then again.... This alone = AMAZING!!! :D

Omg this sounds sooo amaizing!

JSRS:DragonFyre + Blastcore:Phoenix = so much better ArmA experience, no one will notice that it's ArmA! :D

I love all of you guys! ♥

Soon, guys. OS's words :) I'm really excited for that kinda combination. The video was really amazing.

LJ

upvoted the ticket. I guess you know how to do without it, but just in case: you can use a fire eventhandler, check the type of ammo (one of the returned variable by the event handler), wait for it to be destroyed and execute your script.

upvoted the ticket. I guess you know how to do without it, but just in case: you can use a fire eventhandler, check the type of ammo (one of the returned variable by the event handler), wait for it to be destroyed and execute your script.

That's what we're doing but this results in spawned projectiles not running the scripts ;)

The "Problem" I guys told you about resulted in around ~1000 new sound effects for the distance effects :P

LJ

The "Problem" I guys told you about resulted in around ~1000 new sound effects for the distance effects :P

LJ

Hopefully they were created in a batch job!? :)

One question, not sure if it's been answered yet but, will this be compatible with Laxemann's Sound Scape, or is it not even necessary to combine the two? I know it's not done yet, but i thought i'd see if these two could be used together in the future.

One question, not sure if it's been answered yet but, will this be compatible with Laxemann's Sound Scape, or is it not even necessary to combine the two? I know it's not done yet, but i thought i'd see if these two could be used together in the future.

Sure thing, but it's on hold right now since I'm involved in around ~9 other mods at the moment, including DragonFyre, and there are issues with ES that piss me off, haha :D

In case I'll ever release it, ES would be too quiet for DragonFyre though.

Sure thing, but it's on hold right now since I'm involved in around ~9 other mods at the moment, including DragonFyre, and there are issues with ES that piss me off, haha :D

Why not implement ES directly into JSRS?:D

Oh ok, i see... What if you combine the two as well as having the separate version for vanilla Arma sounds. Because that environmental feeling of echoes and what not is astonishing. Hearing it for the first time, it felt like that's what Arma 3 was supposed to be released with. I know DragonFyre is going to be sound intensive, but to have those subtle effects when on mountains and what not, would be something like never before... Unless you know, but. Yeah, just my thought. I don't know much more about how it works so. XD

EDIT: didn't realize HeavyGunner's post until after mine. Lol, but yeah, basically that. :D

Well,

in JSRS2 we had many people complain about scripts, performance issues, especially in MP no one wanted to host that thing. That would make DFyre even worse. And as LAxemann already said, there are some certain issues with ES, performance wise as well. We could implement it but in a lowered level maybe. Tho not sure what LAxemann thinks about that, having his work implemented in mine :P

@LAxemann

Also, Leo, I need you in Skype later on, got an Idea we need to work out real quick ;)

LJ

PS: our new logo thanks to Yokhanan! REALLY big thanks, my friend!!!!!!

Dfyre_trans.png

Edited by LordJarhead

This sounds freaking awesome. Love the enviroment sounds which after turning off JSRS i noticed it may have been missing? Either way this is freaking cool. WHen can we expect some type of release? I know patients is key but who the heck can wait for this awesomenesS? :)

This sounds freaking awesome. Love the enviroment sounds which after turning off JSRS i noticed it may have been missing? Either way this is freaking cool. WHen can we expect some type of release? I know patients is key but who the heck can wait for this awesomenesS? :)

Can't say actually even if I like to. THe work is going on today and during the week. Lots of progress. We now have full support of JSRS2.2 sounds, which means who ever made mod weapons fit to JSRS2.2 can just run DragonFyre and it will still work. No need to change the configs, DragonFyre fully support all mod weapons that used JSRS sounds and entries ;)

LJ

Edited by LordJarhead

so LJ, if someone sets their weapons to use the base sounds of say the MX or Katiba, will it by default use the JSRS Dragonfyre sounds?