Sign in to follow this  
LordJarhead

JSRS: DragonFyre -- WIP Thread

Some questions - multiple choice! What do you use, what do you prefer?  

2655 members have voted

1. 1. Some questions - multiple choice! What do you use, what do you prefer?

• I use - Stereo Speakers/Headphones
    • I use - 5.1/7.1 Speakers
    • I prefer - More authentic sound
    • I prefer - More hollywood'ish sound
    • I like - The new progress shown in the videos
    • I like - JSRS2 more, keep it updated
    • It should - Be part of the Contest
    • It should - Not be part of the contest, make it for yourself and the community
    • I want - It now, release it unfinished
    • I want - It finished, take your time and release when its done and perfect

Ok ok, here you go:

<vid>

All very WIP and some sounds are still in the tweaking phase, as MG's are kinda to loud I think, clipping as well.

LJ

I like your sounds LJ - they are pleasing to the ear.

WTF? That weapons & explosions video... that's just astonishing! Seriously impressive stuff. I've been using your sound mods since you are making them and it was always amazing but this dude, this is something else. When you shoot GL into the building for example... I don't think I have ever heard anything like that in a video game. Or a movie for that matter.

Really good sounds ...but why has the handgrenade two detonation sounds when she is explode (not one small intensive crisp Bang) ?

Gruß

Here are my two cents. What a lot of gun sounds are missing is the distance popping echo, and the correct snap crackle and pop sounds. I've seen some combat videos where bullets going over head and landing inches close by sounds like little lasers almost, if you get what i'm saying. Also, i think the snaps come from higher and faster moving rounds, which makes sense, larger wake, breaking the sound barrier. The sound that's missing the most though, is the distinctive bass of distant MG fire. I've also seen combat footage of a PKP being fired at a guy a mountain as he tries to find cover while gingerly returning indirect fire. All you can hear of the PKP gunner, is the popping, and the rounds zinging. What you have so far, is a major improvement. I cant wait for a release. But if you can try to get down some of these things in, it'd be a win. just my two cents.

Here are my two cents. What a lot of gun sounds are missing is the distance popping echo, and the correct snap crackle and pop sounds. I've seen some combat videos where bullets going over head and landing inches close by sounds like little lasers almost, if you get what i'm saying. Also, i think the snaps come from higher and faster moving rounds, which makes sense, larger wake, breaking the sound barrier. The sound that's missing the most though, is the distinctive bass of distant MG fire. I've also seen combat footage of a PKP being fired at a guy a mountain as he tries to find cover while gingerly returning indirect fire. All you can hear of the PKP gunner, is the popping, and the rounds zinging. What you have so far, is a major improvement. I cant wait for a release. But if you can try to get down some of these things in, it'd be a win. just my two cents.

Are you talking about JSRS2.2 now? Because you haven't seen anything of that with DragonFyre yet, believe me. :)

LJ

Are you talking about JSRS2.2 now? Because you haven't seen anything of that with DragonFyre yet, believe me. :)

LJ

In terms of improvement, yes. I'm loving it so far, and ill keep that in mind. I expect greatness me lord. :cool:

In terms of improvement, yes. I'm loving it so far, and ill keep that in mind. I expect greatness me lord. :cool:

Haha, just wanted to make that clear we talk about the same kinda stuff :P Yeah further WIP videos will show actual firefights and stuff :)

LJ

*insert sound pun here*

Excellent work, as always. The explosions sounds being different everytime is a genius idea.

I was wondering, will DF include speed of sound simulation for vehicles and aircraft? Because it's not there in vanilla. Many important sound sources (such as aircraft) travel istantly.

Yep that's true. The best example is the situation of a not so far helicopter crash : the engine sound ends instantly but the explosion has the speed of sound simulated, so there's everytime a more or less long gap between the shutdown of the engine and the explosion.

Nah,

thats an engine thing. I can't simulate or tweak that just with scripts. Thats something bis would have to change or tweak within their engine. ;)

LJ

Outstanding job so.far with this new mod. You continue to raise the bar and the results have been amazing for a long while now. I'll be looking forward to using this beautiful material ingame, and thank you for your continued contributions to this community!

Looking forward to seeing how this turns out, LordJarhead.

My only requests are clear working parts noises when you're in first person and get rid of that "battle rattle" when you move/change stance! If I sounded like my KFS were bouncing off my mess tins I got a punch in the back of the head for being a crowbag!

Are you going to provide new sound profiles for a lot of the modded M4/M16s and AKs to go along with DragonFyre?

Are you going to provide new sound profiles for a lot of the modded M4/M16s and AKs to go along with DragonFyre?

Not by now, with a futher addon maybe. But for now just Vanilla.

LJ

Gotta say, based on the video, these sound way better than your old ones. Not that they were bad either, but these new ones sound impressive.

Looking forward to seeing how this turns out, LordJarhead.

My only requests are clear working parts noises when you're in first person and get rid of that "battle rattle" when you move/change stance! If I sounded like my KFS were bouncing off my mess tins I got a punch in the back of the head for being a crowbag!

Judging on the videos alone, I really love the changes made. Gunshots sound more natural and punch. The differences between gunshots are far more subtle (which Im a major fan of) but all the while theres enough of a difference that a trained ear can tell the difference between models and calibers. To master that is a great achievement. Rain sounds massively more emersive and the explosions, well, marvelous.

Haha I must admit, I share your thoughts. Battle rattle is a great indicator as to the identification of the trp/platoon admin mongs. 10 knees to chest, Standby. . . .

Shots to the room shots are simply excellent. Sounds of distant shots too are magnificent. But it seems to me that shots from a machine gun have the too strongly expressed shade of basses and a reverbation. There has to be deafer sound and less reverbation.

Also, one more suggestion, for Aircraft Countermeasures, can you please re do those as well. They are absolutely horrific in Vanilla sound.

Hey lord could you answer my question back on the first or 2 page

Aural Sex!

(was that a bad enough sound pun for ya FrankHH?)

These sound incredible. When this is released, ArmA 3 videos are going to be stepped up a notch! Cannot wait!

I'd also like to second SammyG in requesting support for Modded weapons - I know it is some extra work, and some of the mod weapon sounds are pretty good (toadies HLC), whilst a few others need some work (Massi HK417). Having the option to use these sounds with those mods would be outstanding.

Love the work dude!

Will the sounds be caliber based? If i want to use your sounds with not only vanilla guns but with gun mods will i be able to?

No they are weapon type base. MX rifles, Katiba rifles, M200 mgs, zafir mgs and so on. And as long as other weapon addons tweak their weapon configs to suite DF's system they will be covered.

LJ

Dear Lord! Oo (pun intended)

That sounds effin amazing. Can only imagine what a gunfight, or even all-out war scenario would sound like with this.

As pointed out before (and knowing that it's all WIP), hope you can get the correct way the gau-8 avenger sounds irl in it too. There's always something about the A10 when you hear it fire that just gets my heart racing, and I think that's important to have ingame for immersions sake ^^

I see a lot of people think the MG are too loud (not having any experience with guns irl, so I wouldn't know how they would sound) but I like them, makes you feel like there's actually a hail of bullets fired to supress the enemy :)

Deffo keeping my eyes on this :D Good luck with it!

Amazing news, thanks to all JSRS Studio members for this great work

Sounding very good already LJH! Do not rush, do not listen to the 'can you tweak this/that' and do the sound mod that YOU have always wanted. We trust you enough from your track record to come up with the goods. In some respects I would even consider locking this thread and only open it for updates. That way 'tweakers' can't effect you negatively.