Sign in to follow this  
dezkit

HMNZS Te Kaha

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxO9BJYhQBeaNDdublJWWVY3dUk/edit?usp=sharing

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=293320558

I kinda wanted to take a break from releasing planes so I decided to check out ships.

This is sort of like a test of the physx capabilities on ships and it's my experimentation.

It is fairly buggy, but it works, kinda. You can land a chopper on it, you can walk on it (only while it is not moving), and you can use see how big ships react to the water.

Edited by dezkit

That's what we need, ships! ships! :cool:

You could also port a small patrol ship like this:

cyclone.jpg

We have such a rich comunity... this forum have people who have time and patience to work on ships like yours dezkit, i hope someday B.I. give us a little more support for naval warfare, small physx enhancement and some tutorials / tools updates could give our comunity here a "boost-up" to work with ships / submarines :) would be AWESOME to have this all in the same game... congratulations on your initiative dezkit.

hey man can u release this on here or armaholic? really really hate the steamworkshop .. it never works

awesome idea more ships :) Personally I don't bother touching steam mods due to not knowing where exactly they get saved. Ok does anyone know the save location?

Playwithsix-Armaholic ftw :) oh and here

aww Steam workshop is sucks.

pls upload ur beautiful ship to any other place.

like Armaholic

Glad to see it Dezkit. We need more ships like this. Perhaps the Project RACS team might let you port their patrol boat which appears to be a port of the OFP Australian Fremantle class patrol boat, if not it is a very similar design.

Yes, please release this anywhere except steamworkshop :(

Is there any guide how to manually move workshop addons to the game folder?

Just downloaded this addon in the steam workshop and it doesn't show up anywhere, not even in the launcher.

+1 for releasing files here too as WELL as steamworkshop... Cheers

SJ

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Wait a sec

Where is Rocket luncher?

In ur pic, ship has a 4 x 2 Rocket luncher. But actual addon dosent have Luncher at all.

What happened?

Wait a sec

Where is Rocket luncher?

In ur pic, ship has a 4 x 2 Rocket luncher. But actual addon dosent have Luncher at all.

What happened?

i had to remove it because the real counterpart doesnt have one. also lovely video!

@dezkit oh! Ok Now I understand.

But if ur ship had a Rocket Luncher that work with AT computer. Would be more lovely!

Hey dezkit, FYI the red kangaroo on the side of the ship is an indication that its an Australian ship. New Zealand ones have a Kiwi bird (low IR so it seems). Perhaps you can rename this ship to HMAS Anzac and reskin another one for a proper Te Kaha?

well,I have a little test with this ship,almost good,really nice wrok,but still some problems.

First,maybe the damage of the weapons is a little low,I shoot the HE cannon on some Cast tracked vehicles and it takes me aboit 10 rounds to destory one vehicle.

Second,I found that the small arms of enemies can directly hit the deiver and gunner in the ship,the enemies just aim at the window of the ship and kill all the crews.May be you should make some kind of Bulletproof Glasses on the windows(I don't know the s pecific steps of modding,just do what you can).

Last thing,I found that men can't stand on the helipad on the back of the ship,they wiil just fall to the water through it!

So far I've found these things

I noticed that this is a alpha 1 version,so keep on nice working.I'will be gald to see the later version of this mod!

Maybe I will do some more test later and find if I can use this ship's canno as an artillery support of Alive or MCC.

Cheers!

Yep. And also we cant use all the ladders on ship TOO!

well,I have a test,and I have too say I can't use is's canno as an artillery support.I think is's because the game regard this ship as a combat ship but not an artillery.

new version released

added flares

added lights

tweaked collision lights

added captain/commander seat

tweaked physx

added 4 machine guns

removed kangaroo logo

fixed materials

changed texture to more blue and bottom red

changed ciws position

added nato flag

added more ladders

fixed ladder railings

added 2 speed boats

added working windshield wipers during rain

fixed mk48 muzzle flash

tweaked mk48 artillery radius, artillery computer, optics

etc

Edited by dezkit

Thx for Update,

by the way in persnally Old grey color Ver is looking better then Blue.

and how can I depoly the boat and flare?

and again, Pls consider the Rocket Luncher with AT computer.

I can't steer the boat. Anyone else having the same issue? Only straight forward .