Sign in to follow this  
HorribleGoat

Some objects placed corrupt and can't be deleted - corrupts the map

Terrain Builder

I've run into an issue where some objects placed on the map somehow corrupt. They are visible but do not exactly exist

They seem count negatively on the object count number and can effectively deleted only by delete+erase from hdd the object layer and seem to completely mess up the map.

It happens to like 1 in 1000 objects placed.

When selecting all the same type objects that are placed on the same layer and trying to delete them the corrupted objects cause this error message:

Error: Selection error - Created selection has objects from more than one layer!

Corrupted objects can be selected one by one, but delete does not seem to properly remove them and only erasing the layer seems to work although sometimes the layer erase crashes TB.

For example I now have -2 trees on the map, all old object layers are erased and I might have to rebuild the whole map.

--Edit

Actually I have to rebuild the map as I can't delete the corrupt object template.. Help debugging this would be much appreciated Phew, restarting the crashed TB now allowed me to recreate the template libraries..

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=20016

Tracker created and updated with my findings.

Edited by HorribleGoat