Sign in to follow this  
Gekon

DLC Strategy community survey

Why are you guys even talking about that? BIS has already stated that Features Are Free, Content Is Paid. They are not changing it. Ropes and FFV are available to all. The helicopters, 4/5 missions, are not. Cannot confirm about the m-900 at the moment, we'll have to wait for a sitrep for that.

M-900 is pay for, at least on devbranch. So that's only the ability to fly the M-900, Mi-290 Taru, CH-67 Huron, and play the missions that come that need your precious money. Also to be a loadmaster on the Taru, though since I don't have the DLC I don't understand the purpose of the loadmaster.

M-900 is pay for, at least on devbranch. So that's only the ability to fly the M-900, Mi-290 Taru, CH-67 Huron, and play the missions that come that need your precious money. Also to be a loadmaster on the Taru, though since I don't have the DLC I don't understand the purpose of the loadmaster.

Todays Devlog - Fixed: M-900 should not be subject to DLC restrictions

M-900 is a freebie for civi's.

I was not part of that survey but here is what i think.

I'm thinking about buying that dlc pack, kart, heli and marksmen but that is €20 and for the the game itself i payed €23 or something like that when it was still in alpha.

kart i don't count, it is just a fun thing. but €20 for 2 choppers and unknown content in marksmen, i guess 2 rifles? and they can't be better then the one we already have because that would break the game.

2 choppers and 2 rifels cost almost the same as the full game? that doesn't add up for me. if the pack would have been €10 i would have bought it, but at €20 it feels very expensive.

2 choppers and 2 rifels cost almost the same as the full game? that doesn't add up for me. if the pack would have been €10 i would have bought it, but at €20 it feels very expensive.

This is the downside of early access low pricing and Steam sales. Full game price today is 25€ in average. You can wait for the Steam sales later to get the DLC package for cheaper if you really feel so.

This is the downside of early access low pricing and Steam sales. Full game price today is 25€ in average. You can wait for the Steam sales later to get the DLC package for cheaper if you really feel so.

He is right.

Accepting your point of view no price is too high because you can always purchase the game after 4-5 years at 1/10 of the original price.

He is simple saying that it's true the following statement:

(Content Dlc : price dlc) >> (content Arma3 : price arma3)

and I agree with him.

I'm only a casual gamer and I won't be buying the dlc because there is almost no difference between buying the dlc and not buying the dlc. You still get all the features so why bother when I have all the other helicopters from a3 and a2?

I'm only a casual gamer and I won't be buying the dlc because there is almost no difference between buying the dlc and not buying the dlc. You still get all the features so why bother when I have all the other helicopters from a3 and a2?
And right here is why some people think that some of the features should have actually been behind the paywall. :p

I see too many bugs and performance issues in Arma 3 to buy DLC's.

Why release this stupid dlc stuff? Make 2 full size addons with massive content and everyone will buy it. DLC's just make problems and the content is so little that no one outside arma3 will notice it really.

Why release this stupid dlc stuff? Make 2 full size addons with massive content and everyone will buy it. DLC's just make problems and the content is so little that no one outside arma3 will notice it really.

I'm playing invadeË›&annex a lot and I want respond into regards of no one will notice it:

Instead of attach script I will be able to see slingloading in action.Physical slings, hooking and releasing.

Firing from vehicle from helis/trucks/cars (mohawk/transport zamak, HEMMT/offroad

TKOH flight engine - hopefully I will see some servers choosing that advanced flight engine.

And I never really mention piloting pair of new helis.

That's my take on it as well, I went over my old Arma2 receipts (bought a total of 3 Combined Operations licenses) and when I first bought Operation Arrowhead it was 22 Euro. Later on, the package of Combined Operations (A2+Arrowhead) of course could be had at various discounts.

But that came with a full campaign, some missions and a load of content, the British Forces, british vehicles and helicopters, a whole new map (Takistan).

No matter how it is viewed, 20 Euro is a steep price for the content of the upcoming DLCs. If they later on release campaigns that only DLC owners can play, or something other bonus material, that might change my view on the price. But for now, no thanks.

that only DLC owners can play

Its horrible enough that when you use DLC content other players get this annoying warning and blocking messages. coming to a dlc object in the middle of the battle and see "locked, buy DLC now, hit this button" will already split community and will less and less be used in community missions. Did you already see a mission on armaholic with Heli DLC stuff? The more DLC's will be out, the more content comes out that NOT everyone can use.

I bought this dlc only because i want to help out in multiplayer when help is needed and someone is using this dlc helicopter. i dont play offline, i dont play campaign or training missions. So for only this circumstance that i will use 0,5% of my playingtime this DLC it is expensive as hell :(

The only good thing is that normal helos get the other stuff for free. But this could also be named as a patch.

The survey has been done and its results published, if you want to discuss the DLC strategy, feel free to do so in devoted threads, e.g. this one.