Gudsawn

A2 Island Lighting Fixes

Another thing I've noticed is that around noon when it should be bright and clear, it's pretty warm/brown. Where as the colors during sunrise and sunset are actually probably closer to what I would think high noon should look like. There's no sunset to speak of really, other than the sun literally being on/behind the horizon.

At around 19:25 the lighting is pretty good, it feels really natural. But you go an hour before or after that and it's back to looking a little off. The colors from 19:25 with more brightness at noon would probably be great.

Hmm, I seem to be getting kind of inconsistent results as I jump around. Hard to tell exactly what is going on. I just had a pretty good sunset, and noon looked a little better but still too warm. I think the big key is that the lighting gets too yellow. The sky is mostly blue and the sun is a fairly white light, so the light at noon shouldn't be very warm.

Edited by MordeaniisChaos

just as I suspected. With a2 skybox ponds are no more black (pond px shader was reflecting skybox) and they are behaving pretty much similar to a2 (turning into green mass and then disapearing at distance as last lod is empty). I'm curious if you will be able to have a2 skybox and a3 clouds.

gj Goodson

So, hang on.... Run Goodson's mod and the Ponds Bug disappears ? Bravo if so !!!

Nice to get some ponds and rivers back.... FATA anyone !

SJ

So, hang on.... Run Goodson's mod and the Ponds Bug disappears ? Bravo if so !!!

Nice to get some ponds and rivers back.... FATA anyone !

SJ

I just tried FATA and Napf - But both of them had the waterline bug even after editing the lighting for them, might have made a mistake so a more experienced bloke might do a lot better.

I just tried FATA and Napf - But both of them had the waterline bug even after editing the lighting for them, might have made a mistake so a more experienced bloke might do a lot better.

From what i learned FATA has a version where you have to download without the water

NAPF may be the same deal as clafghan where you have to delete a vertical pond file

Please upvote to fix the bright lights at night:

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=20031

After changing various different values within the game, I've come to the conclusion that this can only be fixed by either by BI or by manually editing the intensity of lights one by one.

Edited by Goodson

Talking about that, is there a way to disable these lights for the time being ?

Working on a completey new config that takes advantage of the Arma 3 lighting engine (the current config uses the older Arma 2 lighting engine).

0OE5q3Dh.jpg

yNuGUIAh.jpg

VuycciZh.jpg

There's much more configuring/tweaking to be done for both Takistan & Chernarus.

Edited by Goodson

Luuuv what I'm seeing!

It's nice that you're porting this for A3 lighting engine - thanks for this.

Still not a good as Cerberus :) aha jk mate, nice one on getting this to release

Volumetric fog works in Takistan with the new config? I've tried to add it before any of these A2 Island or Lighting fixes came out and it didn't work.

Working on a completey new config that takes advantage of the Arma 3 lighting engine (the current config uses the older Arma 2 lighting engine).

Excellent - keep up the hard work!

Does this fix the stars and moon on Bystrica? Even after looking up lunar cycle tables for around that region, I can never get a moonlit night to display stars and the moon, looks really weird considering how bright moonlit nights can get.

*edit* Only curious because of this line in the 1.1 patch notes:

- Added correct stars, sun, point, and moon object
Edited by houldendub

any progress on fixing the light issue?

Goodson is on Vacation for a couple of weeks, so answers may be slow in coming. I doubt he's had a chance to look at the new AiA implimentation yet either.

Patience lads, sorry

SJ

Apparently this doesn't work with AiA.

The next A2 map give out an error: Utes, Chernarus, Summer Chernarus (chernarus_summer), Takistan, Zargabad, Desert (desert_e), Proving Grounds (proving_grounds_pmc), Shapur (shapur_baf).

When you load them in the editor (2D) they give out the next error: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWorlds/x.sounds.'

x = one of the map names above.