Sign in to follow this  
somners

[COOP 25] ~ Random Deploy Defend v1.3 ~ by the 3rd SFG

[COOP-25] Random Deploy Defend v1.4

by: somners [3rdSFG]

Description

================================================== ======================

Random Deploy Defend is a coop mission for up to 25 players. It is designed for replayability through randomization.

At the beginning of the mission, a random base is selected from the island of Stratis. There are a total of 10 waves the players will need to survive to win the mission. To prevent failing, you must have at least one living player in the defense zone. It is very hard.

Every time you get a kill, it adds to your killstreak points. You can purchase items from a virtual store with these points. The items your purchase will be para-dropped to your teams location. You can buy more ammunition, medical supplies, static weapons, more fortifications to place, and other useful items.

The enemy will use both infantry teams, airborne teams, and air assault teams to attack your defense point. (there are no armed fixed wing or rotary aircraft and I have no intention of adding them really). In rare cases, an armed technical will attack the defenders.

Features:

- Scaling difficulty (the more players, the harder it gets; the fewer hte players, the easier it gets)

- Player roles

+Platoon Leader

+Squad Leader

+Platoon Medic

+Team Leader

+Rifleman

+Designated Marksman

+Autorifleman

+Rifleman (AT)

- Custom Store

- Revive Script

+Farooq's revive, need medikit for use. (platoon medics spawn with medikits)

- Random base location

- Enemies will come from random directions and via random means of transportation

- Designed for MP, Very clean scripting, high performance

- Several difficulty parameters available in the role selection screen

Download

Click Here for Download - Via dl.somners.net

Changelog

v1.4

============================

* Changes how rounds work, rounds are based on time, not number of enemies

* Change: JIP players no longer have to wait for the next round to start to enter the battlefield (however backing out to the lobby, then re-entering the game will not allow you in it checks player PID's)

* fixes a chance that static weapons will get destroyed when

* Changes landing zones, (will now land at any helipad, not just named ones) creates more dynamic mission for easier porting to other maps.

* Changes the way AI move towards the base (should now move more tactically)

+ Adds Truck Groups (Infantry will drive trucks and dismount)

+ Adds new items to the store

+ Adds medics get +1 points for revives

+ Adds ability to place placeable objects on top of structures etc (not just on the ground)

+ Adds ability to select defense base as mission parameter

v1.3

- Initial Public Release

Edited by somners
Version 1.4 release

I updated the OP with a 15 minute video of some unedited gameplay. It showcase most of the features such as: the store, infantry assault teams, airborne teams, air assault teams, technicals, revive script, and all the fancy UI elements.

Thank you for this new video! Very nice! :wink_o:

first things first let me say this, this is one of the best defence games my team and I have ever played, we love it, play it most times we want to play arma but not get into a deep mission

we love it so much we wanted to try it on other maps.

so I un pbo'd it and copied both the folder files and of course the in game markers and players etc etc over onto altis, takistan, cherno and zargrabad, everything is working great, except for one thing. the ai aren't coming in choppers on the other maps, there working fine on stratis but none of the others, they are walking in on the other maps, it takes for ever!!!

I was wondering is there somthin I missed or a bit of script that needs to be changed??

as I said it was a copy and paste affair, copied all of the in game stuff and all of the files in the mission folder. so what could be causing the choppers not to work??

any assistance in the matter is greatly appreciated, as I said we love this mission, just want to play it with some different scenery every now and then

first things first let me say this, this is one of the best defence games my team and I have ever played, we love it, play it most times we want to play arma but not get into a deep mission

we love it so much we wanted to try it on other maps.

-- SNIP --

any assistance in the matter is greatly appreciated, as I said we love this mission, just want to play it with some different scenery every now and then

Well I'm glad to hear that!

First thing, You'll notice in the editor there are a lot of empty helipads placed down. These are the points that Helicopters will land for the Air Assault teams. without these, the Air Assault Teams won't work. Additionally, make sure that the Helipads are withing 500 meters of the center of the "Base Location" logics.

The Airborne (parachute) teams should (although maybe i'm forgetting something) be able to work without any additional work done. I'll check up on some of this tomorrow to give definite answers if the helipad thing doesn't solve all the problems.

On a secondary note, expect an update to this within the week. I switched it from "amounts of enemy" to timed rounds. It helps for those random cases when an AI gets lost, or just decides to run away and you have to wait 10 minutes for him to come back. I believe it also adds some store items and adds killstreak points for medics when they revive players.

Edited by somners

thank you so much for the reply, I couldn't see any invisible helipads placed so I went through and placed some of my own invisible ones will they work??

looking forward to the update!!! it will be very good im sure

the paradroping units weren't working either when I first tryd it but I look forward to your in depth reply to get this going, ill also let you know how I get on

thanks for your help, once again great mission :)

also on the ai getting lost, there's a script that we use on our servers, it can be executed by the admin on the server, it basically forces all ai to come to to one point, im sure something like that would work, maybe try a kill script in the same way?? just a thought

One more thing, can I change the names in the base locations so that they match up with the new maps or will that mess with the scripts?

---------- Post added at 10:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 PM ----------

ok ive just tested it with invisible helipads (the standard a3 ones) and theres no change, none of the choppers are working and the opfor are just walking in, from a looooong way off lol

Edited by PSYKO_phoenix

thank you so much for the reply, I couldn't see any invisible helipads placed so I went through and placed some of my own invisible ones will they work??

--SNIP--

ok ive just tested it with invisible helipads (the standard a3 ones) and theres no change, none of the choppers are working and the opfor are just walking in, from a looooong way off lol

I forgot to mention that you need to name them all like this: hp_1, hp_2, hp_3, hp_3 all the way until hp_48. So you will need 48 Helipads. I"ll probably make this more dynamic in the next version.

Maybe i'll just go and start porting them to the other Islands as well. I"ll probably finish up the next version tonight. try to get it tested.

Edited by somners

sweet, ill do all that hp stuff, do they just go around the bases? like 4 per base or something?

im keen to give the other version at test when its done :)

---------- Post added at 01:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 AM ----------

so I did exactly what you said to do, put down 48 invisible helipads named hp_1 through to hp_48, I also kept them all within 500m (used a 500 by 500 ellipse marker to make sure) of the base location logics, it works perfectly on altis, no problem at all, how ever on cherno, taki and zarg it doesn't work, not at all, the markers and helipads are placed and named exactly the same on all 3 of those maps (and altis of course) but they wont run, no choppers come at all

im at a loss as to why, maybe you can figure that out and let me know lol, on all 4 maps ive got the most awesome base points picked out, there all so good, but it sucks that it wont run on 3 of them

also while your building the update maby you could put in an option that lets you chose who tour opponent is? ie opfor, indy, caf aggressors or what ever

hopefully you can help get it to work on the 3 that aren't working, but for now stratis and altis are all good :)

again thanks for all your help

sweet, ill do all that hp stuff, do they just go around the bases? like 4 per base or something?

--SNIP--

I looked into it and well, Cherno and the others are all Arma 2 ports so, they have issues. What it is is that i call function BIS_fnc_randomPos which looks for a config entry that doesn't exists in many of these Arma 2 ports. The version i'll be pushing tonight no longer uses this function, and will work on these other maps.

---------- Post added at 21:50 ---------- Previous post was at 21:39 ----------

Version 1.4 Released

v1.4

* Changes how rounds work, rounds are based on time, not number of enemies

* Change: JIP players no longer have to wait for the next round to start to enter the battlefield (however backing out to the lobby, then re-entering the game will not allow you in it checks player PID's)

* fixes a chance that static weapons will get destroyed when

* Changes landing zones, (will now land at any helipad, not just named ones) creates more dynamic mission for easier porting to other maps.

* Changes the way AI move towards the base (should now move more tactically)

+ Adds Truck Groups (Infantry will drive trucks and dismount)

+ Adds new items to the store

+ Adds medics get +1 points for revives

+ Adds ability to place placeable objects on top of structures etc (not just on the ground)

+ Adds ability to select defense base as mission parameter

oh awesome!!!! cant wait!!!

thanks for all your help bro, and keep the stunning missions like this coming!

hey bro, theres a problem with the mission file, I've tried both download links and they both have the same problem, I cant un pbo them, when I double click on them it comes up saying the file is corrupted, when I try launch it through my scenario's or mp missions it crashes arma and also when its on the server it also crashes the server

hey bro, theres a problem with the mission file, I've tried both download links and they both have the same problem, I cant un pbo them, when I double click on them it comes up saying the file is corrupted, when I try launch it through my scenario's or mp missions it crashes arma and also when its on the server it also crashes the server

Thanks for the heads up, I had an error in the download script on my file server. the dl.somners.net link has been fixed. I'll notify the armaholic admins so they can fix their link there as well.

no problem at all, so I should re download from your one?

this time it let me un pbo it so that's a good sign

ive started porting this onto other maps, I have one question, can I change the names of the base logics

the words in bold and underlined below are the ones im talking about

this setVariable ["tfid_name", "LZ Baldy"]; this setVariable ["tfid_radius", 100];

Yes, but as you have probably noticed you can select bases from the parameters menu at the role selection screen now.

If you change names of the logics, make sure you change description.ext params class, and "functions/getBase.sqf" to match whatever you change them to.

Somners, be advised that your download link seems to go to a secure directory and does not download the mission file anymore.

hey bro, me again lol

we've started playing this again for warmups, and we've noticed a small glitch that kind of screws things up a bit

if a player is on a placed static weapon and they get killed they glitch badly, they cant get off the static, they cant be pulled off the static and they cant be revived on the static, they essentially bug out of the game with no way to be revived or brought back into it. any ideas whats causing this or how to fix it? it only happens on static weapons not vehicle mounted ones

Hey @somners any chance of an update to this, me and the nza boys dug it out last night and forgot how good it was, had quite a bugs due to arma updates, any chance of a 1.5 or even a 2.0?