Sign in to follow this  
TaskForce357

Game crashes when I host an Internet game (LAN works fine)

:yay: Please Help! :yay:

====================== ==================================== ==== ===================================== =====================

Hello everyone, ever since Gamespy shut down, I've been looking for a new way to host a server for me and some friends. We have been using Hamachi, but not everone I know has it, so it makes things complicated and difficult.

I decided to look into port forwarding, and I do believe I did it successfully, however, when I click the "ok" button on the new server screen, my game freezes and subsequently stops responding. I have tried changing the name of the server, changing the amount of player, and creating a password to no avail. Where it gets interesting is when I change the port from the default 2302 to 2303, I can get through to the next screen. But once I'm there, my port forwarding no longer works therefore other people can't see my server. And, if I choose any mission, I can't see the players/role selections on the following screen. Bear in mind I can see the players/role selections when I host via LAN. I'm thinking the best solution would be to find out why the 2302 port (as well as just about every other port) makes my game crash and fixing that. Does anyone have any ideas?

===================== ===================================== ==== ===================================== =====================

Please Note:

*Yes I did delete all Steam Workshop missions and unsubscribed from everything and even deleted the missions' cache from my user/appdata/arma3/mpmissions*

*I also am not running any addons atm*

*This crash has only been happening for the past few days that I've tried to host the internet server, because the last time I tried was when Gamespy first shut down and I was able to "host" the server successfully, even though my friends could not join because of port forwarding*

*I have tried verifying steam game cache a few times already as well*

Edited by TaskForce357

Nice post formatting :)

Anyways, to answer your question: can you check the logs located at C:\users\yourusername\appdata\local\ArmA3\Arma3.RPT

Maybe it will mention something about the problem you have?

EDIT: Log file location changed, it was wrong.

Edited by IT07

If you were using hamachi before, just try evolve.

It is like Hamachi but not utter trash, and runs parallel to steam in some ways and has (I think) more security and less garbage problems.

Evolve : https://www.evolvehq.com/welcome

It is like Hamachi but with a friends list like steam, its pretty similar to steam, but has a hamachi-like party feature that lets you use a IP to host like hamachi, it does everything Hamachi does but it does some stuff automatically so you dont usually need to port forward or anything.

When using Evolve, I host on "LAN" and it works perfectly, Evolve has been having some server capacity issues for a few months though now, so be warned.