Sign in to follow this  

Connection problems with mods / dedicated server

Hi there!

Hopefully I will get an answer here :)

I got a very strage problem. I've set up an dedicated server on my client pc with mods and other stuff. It's working really great but my friends can't connect to it, when there are mods enabled.

So I disabled battleye etc, remove all mods from the start-up parameters of the server and we all can join with our mods installed. Great, except that TFAR is waiting for the server to initialize. Of course it's failing because there are no active mods on the server.

After adding only CBA and TFAR to the start-up parameters of the server they can't connect. Their versions are up-to-date and the same as installed on my server. They just get the error: "connection failed". It's not even showing in my log etc. All "anti-cheat" features, verifications, etc disabled.

Is this a TFAR related problem?

Can anyone help me?

Thanks,

Army

If it works with no mods loaded it's probably either a bad key file for that mod or the server not loading the mods correctly. I would post up your server's RPT file, config file and startup params. Are you able to connect yourself when mods are loaded?

Thanks for your reply.

I got the key files from the mod archive. Also I can join without any problems when the mods are loaded.

I got a batch file loading my server with the parameters:

Start.bat:

@echo off

start arma3server.exe "-profiles=E:\Games\A3Master" -port=2302 -config=server.cfg -world=empty -nosplash -mod=@CBA_A3;@task_force_radio;

server.cfg:

//

// server.cfg

//

// comments are written with "//" in front of them.

// STEAM

steamport =8766; //default 8766, needs to be unique if multiple serves on same box

// steamqueryport =27016; //default 27016, needs to be unique if multiple servers on same box

// GLOBAL SETTINGS

hostname = "Army's ArmA 3 Private Server COOP-6"; // The name of the server that shall be displayed in the public server list

password = "XXXXXXXXX"; // Password for joining, eg connecting to the server

passwordAdmin = "XXXXXXXXX"; // Password to become server admin. When you're in Arma MP and connected to the server, type '#login xyz'

//reportingIP = "arma3pc.master.gamespy.com"; // not used at all in Arma 3

verifySignatures = 2;

//equalModRequired = 0; // kick if data/mods aren't equal

logFile = "A3Master.log";

requiredSecureId = 2; // was used to define type of secureID

// WELCOME MESSAGE ("Welcome to my server!")

// It can be several lines, separated by comma

// Empty messages "" will not be displayed at all but are only for increasing the interval

motd[]={

"",

"",

"-------- RECEIVING TRANSMISSION --------",

"Welcome to my server!",

"Have fun! :)",

"",

"Got a question?",

"Please contact me: Army0104",

"-------- TRANSMISSION ENDING --------"

};

motdInterval = 10; // Time interval (in seconds) between each message

// JOINING RULES

maxPlayers = 6; // Maximum amount of players. Civilians and watchers, beholder, bystanders and so on also count as player.

kickDuplicate = 1; // Each ArmA version has its own ID. If kickDuplicate is set to 1, a player will be kicked

//requiredBuild = 12345 // Require clients joining to have at least build 12345 of game, preventing obsolete clients to connect

// VOTING

voteMissionPlayers = 1; // Tells the server how many people must connect so that it displays the mission selection screen.

voteThreshold = 0.33; // 33% or more players need to vote for something, for example an admin or a new map, to become effective

//voteMissionPlayers = 0;

// INGAME SETTINGS

disableVoN = 0; // If set to 1, Voice over Net will not be available

vonCodecQuality = 8; // supports range 1-30 //8kHz is 0-10 (narrowband), 16kHz is 11-20 (wideband), 32kHz is 21-30 (ultrawideband)

persistent = 1; // If 1, missions still run on even after the last player disconnected.

timeStampFormat = "full"; // Set the timestamp format used on each report line in server-side RPT file. Possible values are "none" (default),"short","full".

BattlEye = 1; // Server to use BattlEye system

allowedLoadFileExtensions[] = {"hpp","sqs","sqf","fsm","cpp","paa","txt","xml","inc","ext","sqm","ods","fxy","lip","csv","kb","bik","bikb","html","htm","biedi"}; // only allow files with those extensions to be loaded via loadFile command (since Arma 3 build 1.19.124216)

allowedPreprocessFileExtensions[] = {"hpp","sqs","sqf","fsm","cpp","paa","txt","xml","inc","ext","sqm","ods","fxy","lip","csv","kb","bik","bikb","html","htm","biedi"}; // only allow files with those extensions to be loaded via preprocessFile/preprocessFileLineNumber commands (since Arma 3 build 1.19.124323)

// SCRIPTING ISSUES

onUserConnected = ""; //

onUserDisconnected = "(user id)"; //

doubleIdDetected = ""; //

// SIGNATURE VERIFICATION

onUnsignedData = ""; // "kick (_this select 0)"; // unsigned data detected

onHackedData = ""; // "ban (_this select 0)"; // tampering of the signature detected

onDifferentData = "";

Does the RPT file has to be when my friend is trying to connect the serve

// steamqueryport =27016;

uncomment this line it might be the problem

for your RPT yes wipe it clean then start up the server and try to join

I will be away until next Monday so if I don't respond that is why :p

Oh, sorry, it was uncommented, just read somewhere that it would be unnecessary, that's why I changed it :P we tried it with it uncommented :\

Edit: Thanks for your help :) will upload the RPT over the weekend ;)

Sorry for the delay, here is my latest RPT file.

Your RPT file looks OK... nothing obvious there as to why you can't connect. If you try and just remove TFAR can you connect then? What mission are you using to test?

You could also try deleting all the mods and bikeys from your server and re-uploading them.