Sign in to follow this  
novemberist

Make tasks remain invisible to players (until Zeus assigns them)

I wonder, is it possible to create objectives as Zeus that remain hidden to the players until I want to actually assign them? Sometimes when you prepare a mission you want to also prepare various side objectives that will or will not be triggered by Zeus based on the players' actions only at a specific time. Adding in objectives in real time is not really effective if you plan to add longer briefing texts or want to trigger task assignments simultanously. If I set the tasks to "created" but not "assigned", they will still be visible to players in their tasks overview. Am I too blind to find a way to do this or is Zeus actually lacking this feature? If so, I'd really like to add "hidden objective state" to my Zeus feature wishlist.

I wonder, is it possible to create objectives as Zeus that remain hidden to the players until I want to actually assign them? Sometimes when you prepare a mission you want to also prepare various side objectives that will or will not be triggered by Zeus based on the players' actions only at a specific time. Adding in objectives in real time is not really effective if you plan to add longer briefing texts or want to trigger task assignments simultanously. If I set the tasks to "created" but not "assigned", they will still be visible to players in their tasks overview. Am I too blind to find a way to do this or is Zeus actually lacking this feature? If so, I'd really like to add "hidden objective state" to my Zeus feature wishlist.

Nevermind this question. I feel stupid now...of course you can simply not set an owner for a task and thus it will not show up yet. How I didn't come across this earlier is beyond me ;)