Sign in to follow this  
Hyperion101

Major freeze when opening the MP menu or refreshing

So I decided to see if anyone is playing the MP, after completely screwing my campaign by selling one helicopter and not being able to revert it back since the property and money saves separately from saves. After clicking the multiplayer button I got an almost minute-lasting freeze and then it appears blank. Then, if I refresh the server list by changing filters or clicking the refresh button, it lags for like 15 seconds. I'm afraid this also causes me to not be able to see any servers as the list is completely blank, or is this game really so dead??

i5 4670K @3.8GHz

GTX760 2GB

8gb RAM

---------- Post added at 10:50 ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 ----------

After further reading, I found that Arma's server lists are up even although the GameSpy is down, but ToH's aren't. So, is there any server still running, that I can connect to using an IP address?

I found that Arma's server lists are up even although the GameSpy is down

That is because they use a file which contains all of the IP addresses. Check here:

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/hosts.txt

or is this game really so dead??

Players do exist around the world. The problem is that there must be some kind of organization to gather them up at a specific time. TOH missions also need players to know their role (pilots, copilots, assault team, gunners and so on). A hard thing to do and something that can't just happen when the game begins. That is why it is best to play with friends.

Edited by Helicopterenthusiast