Sign in to follow this  
Frankdatank1218

How would I make Virtual Arsenal Loadouts Respawn Menu Loadouts

How can I transfer some of my Virtual Arsenal loadouts to loadout options in my mission's respawn menu?

How can I transfer some of my Virtual Arsenal loadouts to loadout options in my mission's respawn menu?

I haven't experimented this yet, but it's on my to do list and since I am browsing I'd also like to know this...........

I've actually implemented this into my mission, never seen my Virtual Arsenal saved loadout in the ASOR Gear Selector though. Wonder how I can merge BI's Virtual Arsenal saves with ASOR's saves, than again I have load issues with ASORG on LAN playing with my friend, so I'm using VAS right now that loads way faster.

There must be a way to do it because in Zues you can add your Arsenal loadouts to the respawn loadout menu. The question is how to do it in a normal mission without just manually converting the exported code to the format used in respawn loadout system in the description.ext

Heck, it may even just allow you to copy and past.

Right, well I played a little Arma last night and we had a VAS box in the game before we played. I had customised a guy and took the code from the Arma Virtual Arsenal copied/exported to the clipboard and pasted it into my units init. Than while we played LAN to test this mission we were working on I ran up to the VAS box with my customised character and I could save my loadout, but it did not save it the way you think it would save, for instance If I died and respawned I would still have my gear that I had in his init, it saved it that way. However it did not save it to where if you went into VAS and loaded an entire new outfit with new weapons and saved it you'd respawn and lose the equipment you had when you started the game, or the gear you had exported from Virtual Arsenal into the units init. I just want to know where VAS has the loadout saved so I can import Virtual Arsenal loadouts into VAS. We'll get it eventually

from the dev-branch changelog:

Added: Pressing Ctrl + Shift + C in Arsenal will export loadout in config format, usable in CfgVehicles and CfgRespawnInventories. This option might be moved to interface later.

good work, devs!