I may get around to releasing an Altis version to test. It probably will not have zones for all building/towns.

@Constance68W

For AT mines not sure, "TimeBombCore" may have to be changed to "minebase".

Mines are automatically revealed to civilians since mines belong to civilian side by cfg I belive. They should be aware of them (as in see red triangle) and navigate around them. Are these civs foot or mobiles that are activating them. I've never seen a civ activate one before. Which terrain is this happening on?

Script looks for near object types "CAManBase" which are players not AI If I remember correctly.

In any case civilians can be filtered to not trigger task completion by changing line 96 in mine_field.sqf from this:

if (side _x == INS_Op4_side) then

to this:

if ((side _x == INS_Op4_side) || (side _x == CIVILIAN)) then

@ Delta99

1. All delivery mission defenses are spawned once cargo is loaded and pilot starts engine of delivery chopper. Objective infantry defenses are cached based on distance. I originally had it the way you suggested with spawning defenses at objective start, but changed it to make it a little more challenging and requiring team work. This way one person cannot successfully complete objective. The static emplacements and AA vehicle is not cached because the caching script currently has trouble with vehicles.

2. Only Taskistan has a couple of invisible zones on the roads I believe. Other than that there are no random patrols, invisible zones or spawning triggers except some marine craft water patrols usually around islands, in bays and rivers. I've seen countless times where enemies from nearby activated zones flank, sneak and come out of zone after you. It can take some time to happen but often does. I only play with ASR AI so probably impacts this stealthy behavior.

3. Which island and version are you playing? All intel is randomly spawned usually in un-captured zone's buildings. Look for small black markers. I discovered a problem with some of the intel disappearing after it is spawned in Stratis. I had and fixed this problem some time back, but has seamed to resurface in new Stratis version. All other versions no longer have this problem. Need to look into this again.

Thanks for the heads up.

Edited by Jigsor

@ Delta99

1. All delivery mission defenses are spawned once cargo is loaded and pilot starts engine of delivery chopper. Objective infantry defenses are cached based on distance. I originally had it the way you suggested with spawning defenses at objective start, but changed it to make it a little more challenging and requiring team work. This way one person cannot successfully complete objective. The static emplacements and AA vehicle is not cached because the caching script currently has trouble with vehicles.

2. Only Taskistan has a couple of invisible zones on the roads I believe. Other than that there are no random patrols, invisible zones or spawning triggers except some marine craft water patrols usually around islands, in bays and rivers. I've seen countless times where enemies from nearby activated zones flank, sneak and come out of zone after you. It can take some time to happen but often does. I only play with ASR AI so probably impacts this stealthy behavior.

3. Which island and version are you playing? All intel is randomly spawned usually in un-captured zone's buildings. Look for small black markers. I discovered a problem with some of the intel disappearing after it is spawned in Stratis. I had and fixed this problem some time back, but has seamed to resurface in new Stratis version. All other versions no longer have this problem. Need to look into this again.

Thanks for the heads up.

1. I'm not sure how changing the spawning time makes it more challenging but that is fine as long as we know how it works so we are not surprised again like this.
  2. It is very possible they snuck up on us (at least the first patrol) but the 2nd definitely didn't look that way. They may have even been semi-stuck in the ground which would indicate some sort of flawed spawn or something. But will look at this in more detail and see if I can see it happening again. We are not using an AI mods.
  3. Stratis. I am pretty sure that I had the intel markers on and haven't seen a single black mark on the map unless they are extremely tough to see. I think I also ran in debug mode once and saw other markers on the map (not exactly sure what they were) but no little black markers. My guess is it is still a bug on Stratis and you are spawning no boxes at all or they are all disappearing. We didn't check every single building but I would say a good deal of them so should have found SOMETHING I would think.

Delta, seams to be random, but on Stratis sometimes much of the spawned intel is spawned then vanishes. Not all is vanishing on my end. In script the markers color is "ColorBlack", but to me looks grey or semitransparent. They are tiny. Much smaller than a dot marker placed on the map by player. They can be hard to see. Marker size intent was to pinpoint exact location of intel. You can increase marker size by following instructions I posted in post #73 in order to increase visibility. As player on dedi or hosted server, in debug console you can monitor intel object array variable

intel_objArray

To see intel object names or to count total intel objects and return a number use

count intel_objArray

In INS_definitions.sqf you can increase max number of intel objects by changing intel_objCount

case (toLower (worldName) isEqualTo "stratis"):
	{
		intel_objCount = 44;

There was a bug with RHS mod of spawned units/vehicles stuck in ground in any mission with last RHS update. Don't know if its been fixed by RHS team yet. Have not had a problem with this using the other mod combinations or unmoded.

Delta, seams to be random, but on Stratis sometimes much of the spawned intel is spawned then vanishes. Not all is vanishing on my end. In script the markers color is "ColorBlack", but to me looks grey or semitransparent. They are tiny. Much smaller than a dot marker placed on the map by player. They can be hard to see. Marker size intent was to pinpoint exact location of intel. You can increase marker size by following instructions I posted in post #73 in order to increase visibility. As player on dedi or hosted server, in debug console you can monitor intel object array variable

intel_objArray

To see intel object names or to count total intel objects and return a number use

count intel_objArray

In INS_definitions.sqf you can increase max number of intel objects by changing intel_objCount

case (toLower (worldName) isEqualTo "stratis"):
       {
           intel_objCount = 44;

There was a bug with RHS mod of spawned units/vehicles stuck in ground in any mission with last RHS update. Don't know if its been fixed by RHS team yet. Have not had a problem with this using the other mod combinations or unmoded.

I will take a look at some things in the debugger. I was hoping not to mess with the mission itself but can do that too.

On RHS, haven't seen that before in any spawning etc that I've done but perhaps it only happens very occasionally or maybe certain map locations. If they got stuck where they were spawned then they definitely were not in a red zone I don't think. At least I think they were stuck. They were squirming around half buried but not sure if they started there or moved there or what. We didn't wait around and killed them quickly. I can pinpoint the hillside when I get back to a computer although that probably won't tell you much.

Ok, I turned on the briefcase markers and had a very good look and actually they are there. Actually nicely done because they are so transparent that unless you really really make an attempt to look for them you will not see them. At least proved they are working. Found one or two. Got some intel and found a cache pretty quickly.

Did notice more units that were somewhat sunk into the ground. Do you know if this is on RHS's bug tracker?

Did notice more units that were somewhat sunk into the ground. Do you know if this is on RHS's bug tracker?

No ideah, I've only come across some posts on other threads including RHS reporting the same behavior and also observed myself on dedi. I also saw it happen the other night with mec mod combination, but it turned out the dedi was not updated only clients and new mec update did not update the key. After all machines were running new version problem was fixed.

Edited by Jigsor

Is it difficult to get factions from Leight's OPFOR pack into one of the missions? Specifically his 0.6 version.

As a total noob at the editor, how would I go about porting this to another map? I have some addon maps that I'd like to do insurgency on and I can't find any for them. Thanks

Thanks guys. I saw a post on one of those bug trackers or a linked one that it has been fixed in dev branch but don't know for sure. They haven't updated the bugs yet so probably still worth voting just in case.

@aronh17,

I don't know about Leight's OPFOR pack but it should not be hard, a little tedious maybe.

You will have to add new case in init.sqf

switch (INS_op_faction) do
case 10 : //Leight's OPFOR pack (@LeightsMod)
	if ((isClass(configFile >> "cfgPatches" >> "leights_core_mod")) &&
	{(isClass(configFile >> "cfgPatches" >> "leights_dependancy_mod1"))}) then
	{
		activateAddons ["leights_core_mod","leights_dependancy_mod1"];//activatedAddons command in debug console will return all mods activated when editor placed unit/vehicle is saved in mission.sqm. You'll need to filter all A3 and Island activated mods from this list. Add remainder to this array.
		[EAST,15,15]execVM "eos\OpenMe.sqf";
	};

Add new case to INS_definitions.sqf

if (INS_op_faction isEqualTo 10) then
//Class names go here.

Add new case to UnitPools.sqf

switch (_faction) do {
case 15 : {// Leight's OPFOR pack
//Class names go here.

In scripts\DefLoadoutOp4.sqf

add new case

case 10 : // Leight's OPFOR pack
{
//change weapons and uniforms etc. Class Names here.

And finally make your faction/mod an option in lobby by adding to in Hpp\Parameters.hpp

class INS_enemy_army//11
{
title = "		Opposing Army/Mod Initialization";
values[]={1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10}; 
texts[]={
...(current options 1)
...(current options 2)
... //etc
"Leight's OPFOR pack - Requirements :: @Leightsmod;@LeightsmodDependancy"};// option 10

@OutbreakDV

As someone new to the editor. I don't recommend trying to port a mission as a first exercise. Be aware of that all terrains add entries to addOns[]= and addOnsAuto[]= in mission.sqm. The mission.sqm cannot be edited by hand unless game is off or at main menu. The simplest way is to create a empty mission on desired terrain and save it as MP mission in editor. Go back to mission you want ported and select/copy all objects, markers, trigers, basically everything. Open your blank mission and paste in everything. Copy all scripts except mission.sqm. to newly created mission folder. Then start moving all items/objects one by one to appropriate places. Each grid zone marker spawns different a type of patrol/vehicle etc. so check against eos\OpenMe.sqf. to make sure all vehicles, statics, patrols, house patrols, etc. spawn in appropriate places. Or you could copy everything but the grid zones(eos markers), create your own and give them custom spawn assignments. In post #76 I explain how to edit the grid/zones. Setting up the grid zones is a major chore.

In INS_definitions.sqf you will have to add a new case block for your terrain. find name of terrain with worldName command and change it to lower case.

case (toLower (worldName) isEqualTo "cool_terrain_name_here_in_lowercase"):
	{
		intel_objCount = 180;publicVariable "intel_objCount";//total max suitcases per ammo cache
		Airfield_opt = true;publicVariable "Airfield_opt";
		Rand_AirCntr_OFstMax = 3500;publicVariable "Rand_AirCntr_OfstMax";			
		Del_box_Pos = [4867.45,6245.6,0.00129318];publicVariable "Del_box_Pos";	
		all_eos_mkrs = ["mrkr1","mrkr2"........];publicVariable "all_eos_mkrs";//invisible eos markers excluded
		//all_civ_eos_mkrs = ["civmkr1","civmkr2","civmkr3","civmkr4","civmkr5","civmkr6","civmkr7","civmkr8","civmkr9","civmkr10","civmkr11","civmkr12","civmkr13","civmkr14","civmkr15","civmkr16"];publicVariable "all_civ_eos_mkrs";			
	};

set Airfield_opt = true if there is an airfield you want to use. for the Wipeout or A-10

Del_box_Pos is a coordinate you must find in a clear area next to MHQ_3.

whew!

@All

I urge anyone playing version 1.0 to toss it and move to version 1.1. as there are some potential game breaking bugs in version 1.0

Edited by Jigsor

Thanks for the reply man, I'm gonna try this out tonight. I was wanting to play insurgency on some newer maps (Isla Duala for A3 mainly) and yours is my favorite version of the mission. I just didn't want to bug anyone with asking for one for other maps maps. :)

great mission so far, thank you for the update :D

but one question left, why no altis version?

Download link on Armaholic is broken (although mirror link here works). Also, will an Altis version come out?

Hey Jigsor! We have been playing this for a bit and we love it. Thanks for all the hard work! I saw you actually played online with us for awhile and i never snapped it was you. Thanks for playing with us and it was some good fun. I did have a question, when you are revived by a fellow player, your load out defaults back. Is there anyway to have it reload the load out you had when revived or keep it from defaulting back?

@Houbob03,

Thank you, It was good some fun. I'll try and join you guys again soon. To have a fully restored kit on respawn, at main ammo box select "Virtual AmmoBox" from scroll, then click "Load Gear" button, select a saved profile (save one first if you haven't yet), click "Load" button, then click "Load on Respawn Button".

@ Any who have ported this mission to Altis and community at large,

I've not had time to do an Altis port.

(I've seen a couple of servers in server browser with custom ported Altis version.)

If anybody has a decent mission.sqm with plotted grid markers and an eos\OpenMe.sqf with grid spawn assignments, I would be grateful and will credit them if we could use your two mentioned scripts for a beta, then official release of an Altis port.

If interested send me a p.m. or post here.

Thank You.

@Houbob03,

Thank you, It was good some fun. I'll try and join you guys again soon. To have a fully restored kit on respawn, at main ammo box select "Virtual AmmoBox" from scroll, then click "Load Gear" button, select a saved profile (save one first if you haven't yet), click "Load" button, then click "Load on Respawn Button".

@ Any who have ported this mission to Altis and community at large,

I've not had time to do an Altis port.

(I've seen a couple of servers in server browser with custom ported Altis version.)

If anybody has a decent mission.sqm with plotted grid markers and an eos\OpenMe.sqf with grid spawn assignments, I would be grateful and will credit them if we could use your two mentioned scripts for a beta, then official release of an Altis port.

If interested send me a p.m. or post here.

Thank You.

I will look for something that has grid markers set, that's a job in itself. Are you looking for standard 100x100 grids blocks? I presume so.

@Houbob03,

Thanks Jigsor for the help! Always appreciated!

I will look for something that has grid markers set, that's a job in itself. Are you looking for standard 100x100 grids blocks? I presume so.

Thanks JAndrews. Looking for 50x50 meter grid squares mostly as this standard size for most map grid overlays. The markers do not have to fit exactly in the grids and sometimes a few of marker squares are stretched in one or two direction to fill in gaps, but its mostly all subjective and also largely depends on performance.

loved mission at first, but enemies are way too precise. Tried adjusting to 0.2, they still one-shot you like in 70% of time. Tried VCOM AI, ASR AI, no ai tweaks at all - still they are precise, making impossible to play in small teams.

loved mission at first, but enemies are way too precise. Tried adjusting to 0.2, they still one-shot you like in 70% of time. Tried VCOM AI, ASR AI, no ai tweaks at all - still they are precise, making impossible to play in small teams.

Thanks you for the feedback rlex. I will try to reproduce. Can you give more info as to what mission version number, map, running mods, particular enemy faction, and is it snipers or all units in general.

@Bratwurste, Thank you.

BMR insurgency 1.1, zargabad, against AAF. We have pretty big modpack, but that's mostly weapons / factions addons.

AGM can possibly be the reason.

And no, not only snipers, i was getting one-shotted from machineguns from ~500m distance.