Hi, Very new to Arma missions and servers. Just starting a server and wondering on some advice on how to add zeus to this mission, Logged in as admin and wondering where to proceed from here?

Is there a script i need to run?

Advice would be greatly appreciated from anyone!

Many Thanks!

@itk91,
I have no idea how you have tried to integrate carrier, planes and other things to the mission.
So far I've only tried to incorporate Jets DLC assets into Tanoa. I Had some minor issues during play test so I just now did another edit and reuploaded to server. It really needs some more play testing but I think its working fine now. I'm looking into more universal ways of incorporating teleport to carrier that will work with all versions regardless of where its placed.
If you would like to see the current application and get of copy of mission you can connect to our server then get it from you mission cache.

Direct connect:
bmr1.oniongamers.com

port:2102

@Luke Hutchinson,
Zeus is built into mission. As host or logged in admin press escape and run this code from debug console locally to assign your self as Zeus. Run it again to unassign yourself from Zeus and give load back to server. If you die while you were assigned Zeus then game will unassign Zeus from you. Ctrl + Y opens and closes Zeus interface.

[player,true] spawn INS_Zeus_MP;

Thank you for such a quick reply! Massively appreciate it!

Noticed an issue with it - the current mods we have on are as follows:

Ares

ASR A13

CBA_A3

CUP Terrains - Core

CUP Terrains - Maps

CUP Units

CUP Vehciles

CUP Weapons

Project OPFOR

RHSAFRF

RHSGREF

RHSSAF

RHSUSAF

When in Zeus it seems that we can't place any of the modded units. Why would this be?

Do you also have a list of startup parameters in code format? And where would i put this code - in a command line or in the server.cfg?

Appreciate the help Jigsor! 

@Luke Hutchinson,
I just did a test with your mod combination on local host and it is working for me. I was able to place some units from some of the various factions show in pictures below.
We use the RHS mods on our dedicated server and it works there aswell.

Zeus blufor factions

Zeus opfor factions

Zeus Independent factions

You must run the same mods client and server side containing the content you expect to see in Zeus.

If you do not use keys (signed files) on your server and clients/ server have different versions then this could be a problem.
Mod support for inbuilt Zeus was only added in version 1.46. Are you using an old version or creating Zeus by some other method than built in script method?
Its worth mentioning that if you use a lot of mods then you should wait a few moments after assigning Zeus and before you bring up the Zeus interface.

As for launch parameters I assume you mean server. I don't have lists only some examples.

Currently we use FireDeamon to launch and maintain our servers and they share a mod installation folder. This is the current line for our server #2 under service - Parameters.

-port=2202 -maxmem=3456 -config=A3_Coop_2.cfg -cfg=A3.cfg -name=OG -profiles=moddedserver -nologs -loadMissionToMemory -filePatching -mod=D:\SM\@CBA_A3;D:\SM\@CUPterCore;D:\SM\@CUPterMaps;D:\SM\@Bornholm;D:\SM\@RHSAFRF;D:\SM\@RHSUSAF;D:\SM\@RHSGREF;D:\SM\@RHSSAF;D:\SM\@ADR-97;D:\SM\VSMall_InOne;D:\SM\@ASR_AI3;D:\SM\@AVONfm12;D:\SM\@TFR;D:\SM\@AdvancedUrbanRappelling; -serverMod=D:\SM\@og_admin;D:\SM\@Advanced_Towing;D:\SM\@AdvancedRappelling

Previous to using FiredDeamon we would create a text file in the game directory, paste launch parameters like below, save file then rename from ModedServer2.txt to ModedServer2.bat. This is from Oct 2016. By my experience after you name it to .bat you cannot edit or modify it. You have to create another. Launch server by double clicking the .bat file.

start "" "D:\Games\ArmA3\A3_Coop_2\arma3server.exe" -port=2502 -config=A3_Coop_2.cfg -cfg=A3.cfg -name=OG -profiles=moddedserver -nologs -loadMissionToMemory -filePatching -serverMod=@og_admin -mod=@CBA_A3;@CUP_Terrains_-_Core;@CUP_Terrains_-_Maps;@RHSAFRF;@RHSGREF;@RHSUSAF;@ASR_AI3;@ADR-97

If you are renting a server particularly a virtual shared server then the methods for starting your server or where you put these lines may differ.

The name and location of you config files, OS platform, disk access, renaming of you mod folders (Note RHS mods do not like to be renamed), location of mods etc. will also affect this.

5 hours ago, Jigsor said:

@Luke Hutchinson,
I just did a test with your mod combination on local host and it is working for me. I was able to place some units from some of the various factions show in pictures below.

Zeus blufor factions

Zeus opfor factions

You must run the same mods client and server side containing the content you expect to see in Zeus.

If you do not use keys (signed files) on your server and clients/ server have different versions then this could be a problem.
Mod support for inbuilt Zeus was only added in version 1.46. Are you using an old version or creating Zeus by some other method than built in script method?
Its worth mentioning that if you use a lot of mods then you should wait a few moments after assigning Zeus and before you bring up the Zeus interface.

As for launch parameters I assume you mean server. I don't have lists only some examples.

Currently we use FireDeamon to launch and maintain our servers and they share a mod installation folder. This is the current line for our server #2 under service - Parameters.

-port=2202 -maxmem=3456 -config=A3_Coop_2.cfg -cfg=A3.cfg -name=OG -profiles=moddedserver -nologs -loadMissionToMemory -filePatching -mod=D:\SM\@CBA_A3;D:\SM\@CUPterCore;D:\SM\@CUPterMaps;D:\SM\@Bornholm;D:\SM\@RHSAFRF;D:\SM\@RHSUSAF;D:\SM\@RHSGREF;D:\SM\@RHSSAF;D:\SM\@ADR-97;D:\SM\VSMall_InOne;D:\SM\@ASR_AI3;D:\SM\@AVONfm12;D:\SM\@TFR;D:\SM\@AdvancedUrbanRappelling; -serverMod=D:\SM\@og_admin;D:\SM\@Advanced_Towing;D:\SM\@AdvancedRappelling

Previous to using FiredDeamon we would create a text file in the game directory, paste launch parameters like below, save file then rename from ModedServer2.txt to ModedServer2.bat. This is from Oct 2016. By my experience after you name it to .bat you cannot edit or modify it. You have to create another. Launch server by double clicking the .bat file.

start "" "D:\Games\ArmA3\A3_Coop_2\arma3server.exe" -port=2502 -config=A3_Coop_2.cfg -cfg=A3.cfg -name=OG -profiles=moddedserver -nologs -loadMissionToMemory -filePatching -serverMod=@og_admin -mod=@CBA_A3;@CUP_Terrains_-_Core;@CUP_Terrains_-_Maps;@RHSAFRF;@RHSGREF;@RHSUSAF;@ASR_AI3;@ADR-97

If you are renting a server particularly a virtual shared server then the methods for starting your server or where you put these lines may differ.

The name and location of you config files, OS platform, disk access, renaming of you mod folders (Note RHS mods do not like to be renamed), location of mods etc. will also affect this.

Thank you for such a detailed post. Our way to zeus at the moment is to login as admin and then use the following command:

[player,true] spawn INS_Zeus_MP;

Not sure if this is correct.

The parameters i mean are the mission start up parameters so that when we cycle the server to restart the BMR Insurgency starts the mission with our chosen mission parameters automatically?

On 5/9/2017 at 1:51 PM, Jigsor said:

[player,true] spawn INS_Zeus_MP;  is correct.

Yes, you can edit default lobby parameter values in Hpp\Parameters.hpp.
Each Class is a parameter.
Change default[]= for a value listed in values[]=.
Values[] are listed in order corresponding to texts[] order.

Alternatively, you could define defaults in your server.cfg.

Refer to Parameters.hpp for possible values. This template is relevant to  version 1.46.

class Missions {
	class Mission {
		template = "BMR_Insurgency_v1_46.Bornholm";
		difficulty = "custom";
		class Params {
			INS_p_time = 7;
			JIPweather = 0;
			ambRadioChatter = 0;
			ambCombSound = 0;
			Remove_grass_opt = 0;
			INS_environment = 1;
			Brighter_Nights = 1;
			INS_p_rev = 1;
			INS_p_rev_time = 300;
			INS_op_faction = 3;
			InfPb = 75;
			MecArmPb = 75;
			AI_SpawnDis = 350;
			Max_Act_Gzones = 35;
			DeAct_Gzone_delay = 2;
			EnableEnemyAir = 3;
			AirRespawnDelay = 2400;
			PatroleWPmode = 1;
			BTC_p_skill = 1;
			BTC_AI_skill = 5;
			CiviMobiles = 1;
			CiviFoot = 1;
			CivProbability = 100;
			SuicideBombers = 1;
			INS_play_op4 = 1;
			INS_logistics = 1;
			Fatigue_ability = 0;
			EOS_DAMAGE_MULTIPLIER = 2;
			INSpDamMul = 100;
			JigHeliExtraction = 1;
			INS_GasGrenadeMod = 1;
			limitPOV = 0;
			INS_Player_Markers = 1;
			max_ai_recruits = 10;
			AI_radio_volume = 0;
			INS_full_loadout = 1;
			EnemyAmmoCache = 1;
			Intel_Loc_Alpha = 1;
			Intel_Count = 4;
			DebugEnabled = 0;
			tky_perfmon = 0;
		};
	};
};

With first method you can always change the parameters from the lobby at mission start.

With second method you cannot.

//Updated example for v1.48

class Missions {
    class Mission {
        template = "BMR_Insurgency_v1_48.Malden";
        difficulty = "custom";
        class Params {
            INS_p_time = 3;
            JIPweather = 0;
            ambRadioChatter = 0;
            ambCombSound = 0;
            Remove_grass_opt = 0;
            Brighter_Nights = 1;
            INS_p_rev = 1;
            INS_p_rev_time = 300;
            INS_op_faction = 3;
            InfPb = 75;
            MecArmPb = 75;
            AI_SpawnDis = 350;
            Max_Act_Gzones = 30;
            DeAct_Gzone_delay = 2;
            EnableEnemyAir = 3;
            AirRespawnDelay = 1800;
            PatroleWPmode = 1;
            BTC_p_skill = 1;
            BTC_AI_skill = 5;
            CiviMobiles = 1;
            CiviFoot = 1;
            CivProbability = 100;
            SuicideBombers = 1;
            INS_play_op4 = 1;
            INS_logistics = 1;
            Fatigue_ability = 0;
            EOS_DAMAGE_MULTIPLIER = 200;
            INSpDamMul = 100;
            JigHeliExtraction = 1;
            INS_GasGrenadeMod = 1;
            limitPOV = 0;
            INS_Player_Markers = 1;
            max_ai_recruits = 10;
            AI_radio_volume = 0;
            INS_full_loadout = 3;
            INS_IEDs = 2;
            INS_persistence = 2;
            EnemyAmmoCache = 1;
            Intel_Loc_Alpha = 1;
            Intel_Count = 4;
            DebugEnabled = 0;
            tky_perfmon = 0;
        };
    };
};
forcedDifficulty = "custom";

Edited by Jigsor
updated for version 1.48

3 minutes ago, Jigsor said:

[player,true] spawn INS_Zeus_MP;  is correct.

Thank you so much, IS there anyway you could PM me to discuss some things? 

I am having some serious issues and i know that you might have the answers and save this huge amount of stress i am having?

Since Jets DLC / Arma 3 game update 1.70 -showScriptErrors launch parameter and .rpt reveals error:

18:48:24 Error in expression <riable "BTK_CargoDrop_ActionAdded";
if (_BTK_CargoDrop_ActionAdded) exitWith {};>
18:48:24   Error position: <_BTK_CargoDrop_ActionAdded) exitWith {};>
18:48:24   Error Undefined variable in expression: _btk_cargodrop_actionadded
18:48:24 File C:\Users\MainUser\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\Jigsor\mpmissions\BMR_Insurgency_v1_46.Bornholm\BTK\Cargo Drop\InitAction.sqf, line 22

This error does not break anything. This code runs from a loop and on second loop attempt every thing is ok. However, it is annoying and could cause a stuter when parachute opens or you come to close proximity of a helicopter.

The fix is to change line 21 in BTK\Cargo Drop\InitAction.sqf from this -

_BTK_CargoDrop_ActionAdded = _Transporter getVariable "BTK_CargoDrop_ActionAdded";

to this -

_BTK_CargoDrop_ActionAdded = _Transporter getVariable ["BTK_CargoDrop_ActionAdded", false];

GitHub source code updated with this edit May 28, 2017

Any chance of an official Lythium version of this in the future? its the perfect map for it. 

On 5/17/2017 at 1:09 PM, Jigsor said:

@Luke Hutchinson,

Zeus blufor factions

Zeus opfor factions

Hi There @Jigsor

We are having the same problem on our server.  I am unable to spawn any US tanks or vehicles...Here are the mods we are running:

-Mod= @CBA_A3;@RHSAFRF;@RHSGREF;@RHSSAF;@RHSUSAF;

-servermods= @ASR;@Towing;

admins are launching with @Ares

The Zeus modules are allowing official and unoffical mods...

I really appreciate the help!

@SnakeDocc, I will look into a port for that map.

@arniegames4u, which mods are you initializing by mission through lobby parameter Opposing Army/Mod Initialization ? Which mission? You must realize just because you launch mods on server and client does not mean they are initialized/loaded. Each choice in lobby parameter Opposing Army/Mod Initialization only initializes mods listed in that parameter. To initialize any mods outside of given choices or combinations requires you to modify the scripts or place the required addons in the editor.

On 5/23/2017 at 5:06 AM, SnakeDocc said:

Any chance of an official Lythium version of this in the future? its the perfect map for it. 

Do you have a steam workshop link to this terrain?

16 hours ago, Jigsor said:

@SnakeDocc, I will look into a port for that map.

@arniegames4u, which mods are you initializing by mission through lobby parameter Opposing Army/Mod Initialization ? Which mission? You must realize just because you launch mods on server and client does not mean they are initialized/loaded. Each choice in lobby parameter Opposing Army/Mod Initialization only initializes mods listed in that parameter. To initialize any mods outside of given choices or combinations requires you to modify the scripts or place the required addons in the editor.

@Jigsor
We are launching with the RHS Serbian Armed Forces on the BMR Insurgency 1.46 RHS on Altis.  The missing vehicles are only US Tanks and APCs.  I'm still having the same issue even when I launch with the out of the box RHS Insurgency ran on my local machine.  All of our mods are aligned with the launch parameters. 

I'm sorry to be a bother.  My community and I really appreciate your help on this.

Thank you.

@arniegames4u,

I just verified and was able to reproduce no US Tanks and APCs available in Zeus. The required addons for these things "rhsusf_c_m113" and "rhsusf_c_m1a1" are in fact loaded by init.sqf.

There is a problem with RHS configs relating to Zeus then. The problem should be reported to mod authors here. For work around you could spawn those vehicles with Vehicle Rewards through debug console local

player spawn INS_Vehicle_Reward;

Then spawn some infantry through zeus and put them in the vehicles.

Hi Jigsor.. first i would like to say thankyou for the awesome work on the bunch of maps .. its all our little group plays on my dedicated server. 

We lightly mod the maps to suit our needs.

QQ.. we would like to add support (artillery,cas, evac, etc) to every player.. i have added the support modules etc etc in the editor and it always just allows one or maybe two to have support. I normally delete the starting units and players and add just around 8 players of our choice within one unit and then add the support modules. 

I assume it has something to do with a script or line of code only allowing certain members ie Jtac/team leader to have like the cas? Do i just make all players regardless of class jtac/teamleaders somehow in the attribrutes description or something?

Any help appreciated

Thanks again for all your work and making it public. 

Hello chewpa,

Welcome to the forums and thanks for hosting.

The mission does not use bis modules for support. Its entirely scripted and limited by class types. in INS_definitions.sqf under // Player class types. look at the end of those lines for descriptions of each list. Heli extraction is limited only to one player -  the team leader named CAS1. It does not work any other way as mentioned before. If you want to add module supports then it should not interfere or have anything to do with existing scripted supports. I hope I understood and answered you question.

On 6/2/2017 at 10:42 AM, Jigsor said:

Hello chewpa,

Welcome to the forums and thanks for hosting.

The mission does not use bis modules for support. Its entirely scripted and limited by class types. in INS_definitions.sqf under // Player class types. look at the end of those lines for descriptions of each list. Heli extraction is limited only to one player -  the team leader named CAS1. It does not work any other way as mentioned before. If you want to add module supports then it should not interfere or have anything to do with existing scripted supports. I hope I understood and answered you question.

Thanks for the quick reply.. i think its the support modules etc being abit buggy, thought i would just ask anyway.. not 100% sure how everything works in the editor.  

P.S. Fixed with a script after abit of googling .. from a thread in this forum actually.

Edited by chewpa
found a fix

Hey Jigsor, we've talked before on the Altis server, I'm Shadow. Anyway, I've started up a server through TadST and the ArmA 3 server application. How do I grant myself privilge to change the parameters of the BMR Insurgency mission itself, so I can change who we're fighting?

5 minutes ago, Shadowstave said:

Hey Jigsor, we've talked before on the Altis server, I'm Shadow. Anyway, I've started up a server through TadST and the ArmA 3 server application. How do I grant myself privilge to change the parameters of the BMR Insurgency mission itself, so I can change who we're fighting?

You have to be loged in as Admin and at mission start press parameters button in lobby to change settings. Using -autoInit parameter on server may restrict your ability to modify the parameters.

Do you mind telling me how to initiate the mission without autoinit? I'm new to the whole server thing, and I've just needed to know how to do this.

Sure, login as admin then

#missions

command in chat then select terrain, select mission.

• Like 1

Thanks man! When I get back on the server and you're there, I'll definitely gibe my thanks verbally.

21 hours ago, Normal Norm said:

Would love to see this ported over to Malden :)

Me too, So i tried to port it today and it appears 2d mp editor is completely removed with A3 update 1.72 (Malden). My porting tools relied heavily on Arma2.Net extensions to create a mission.sqm from my gridbuilder script. From there the new mission could be imported to 3D editor. This is a major wrench in new port development of BMR Insurgency. There was no mention of this in the changelog so they did not want us to know or it was a mistake. I'll need to redevelop my tools to work entirely from 3DEN. This might take a while. In the mean time you may petition BIS to revert the unannounced change on the feedback ticket I made here.

• Like 1