Its been a while since my last post so thought I would let you know what is going on with BMR Insurgency and maybe answer some questions.

Reguarding ACE 3:  ACE update seems to have changed the way ACE can work with this mission. ACE module placement is now required to get much of the ACE functionality working correctly. It can no longer be done by mission config only. This means that you should not expect ACE to work with this mission out of the box with expected behaviors. You must place modules in the editor and configure them to your specifications.The mission will still support compatibility and I will still try to address any conflicts. It is up to you to add and configure ACE modules in the editor. I will not be releasing to public an ACE mod required version.

I'll try to add option to disable player markers.

As for light version, most of the features can already be activated or disabled by lobby parameters.

Zeus and EOS still have some issues that will be addressed.

Thanks for contributing on github Luca.

I have not yet pushed your changes there, but have now integrated them with some tweaks into the new build and the optimizations have tested well. Thank you.

I'm waiting for game patch 1.64 which may break something or provide possibility for integration of new features. We'll see.

Here are the most significant changes in the newest build.

9/28/16
BMR_Insurgency_v1.46alpha
Added: Brighter Night code by Ralian and lobby parameter to disable..
Added: New objective retrieve_data.The side who dowloads the data at the Land Data Terminal first wins the objective.
Added: Shell sounds to CAS bombs.
Added: More grid zones to jungle areas and fortress ruins(Tanoa).
Added: "B_APC_Tracked_01_CRV_F" to list of towing vehicles.
Added: Push action to ships spawned by Vehicle Reward.
Added: Group heli extract boots members from group if their distance from caller is exceeds distance defined by JIG_EX_Group_Dis
Added: Lobby Parameter Player Markers.
Added: Option "CSAT Pacific and Syndikat Apex" to Lobby parameter "Opposing Army/Mod Initialization".
Added: Once max number of air droped UGV request is reached then one additional UGV request is can be made every 25 points earned thereafter.
Fixed: Recativated grids zones sometimes created hidden units
Fixed: BIS_fnc_mp JIG_EX_MPhint_fnc errors in extraction_main.sqf.
Fixed: Mission's Helmet Cam and ACE Helmet Cam conflict.
Fixed: road_block.sqf script hang when connected road did not exist(Tanoa).
Fixed: Massive server frame drop when revive timer exceeded in BTC Revive.
Fixed: Timer sync issue in capture n hold objective?
Fixed: Vehicle Reward now spawns vehicle in direction of road if map click is on road.
Fixed: Add Zeus function should now only work for correct player.
Change: Removed BTC logistic actions from ammo cache.
Change: CAS and sand bags on base prohibited.
Change: Extended abandon timer of Opfor Mohawk from 2 to 45 minutes.
Change: MHQ_1 from HEMTT Transport to Prowler(Tanoa).
Change: Ammo box CSAT IED to CSAT Explosives (Tanoa).
Cahnge: BTC Revive now uses hold Spacebar action to revive which allows aborting revive action.
Change: Parameter CiviMobiles now can manipulate number of spawned civilian Vehicles per player in addition to disabling.
Change: code optimization - removed repetavite call lines in OpenMeCiv.sqf.
Change: code optimization - In INS_definitions.sqf generates a variable for each parameter based on all the parameter class names in Parameters.hpp.
Change: code optimization - replaced get_loadout.sqf and set_loadout.sqf with new native getUnitLoadout and setUnitLoadout commands.
Change: Several minor code optimizations to many scripts.
Change: Increased chance projectiles emitted from ammo cache will fire into the air.
Change: Integrated new command BIS_fnc_switchLamp to cut_power task. All lamps near objective area are switched on at start for reapeatability.

Hi, Jigsor. I'm having issues playing this with a friend in LAN.

When we spawn, he is thrown under the map into the ocean and continues to fall through the map when he dies on all CUP maps and Altis.  However, on Stratis, he can play and run around and do w/e but he cannot access the Virtual Arsenal or load equipment sets, and upon death he is kicked out of the server and back into the Role Selection screen.

We are running CUP- Terrains, CUP- Maps, RHS: AFRF, RHS: USAF, CBA, VSM GEAR PACK, and KA Weapon Pack.

If he tries to host his own server, everything works fine, but I can't find his LAN server using Hamachi.  Any ideas? 

What i notice after 1.64 patch that number of civilian cars increased (maybe doubled) - i use 1.45 ins version.

I think CiviMobiles param in 1.46 vers. affected too.

And for some reason if i select 100% Static weather (weather disabled) in lobby parameters - Set the start time option stops working (mission start at time set in editor)

@MJ0LNIR,
Welcome to the forums. This sounds like the mission is not fully loading or maybe packet loss for some reason. I have no experience with Hamachi, however my friend Sting does host a private non dedicated server occasionally and neither of us have any problems. I recommend using port forwarding in your router to forward steam and game ports to your hosting machine.
@MacintoshRU,
Thank you for the reports. I've done some debug console testing and also had a look through zeus and am finding that the number of spawned civilian vehicles is accurately correlating to the number existing players. Perhaps you are noticing them more than before since last patch improved their driving/pathfinding abilities?
Time adjustment was indeed missing when choosing (weather disabled) in lobby parameters. This is now fixed in newest github version.

Hello Jigsor, thanks again for BMR INSURGENCY TANOA, our group is loving it.

Hey we just rented a second headless client, so I placed another HC into the mission and named it 'HC_2' because it seemed to be thing to call it when looking at INS_definitions.sqf ...  but it seems the server is only finding 'HC_1'.  

Is just simply placing a second HC and naming it 'HC_2' (set to playable) the right thing to do, or is there more involved in getting a second one to work?

I see some reference to 'Any_HC_present' and 'IamHC' which looked like it was set up for multiple headless clients, but wasn't sure if there was some other adjustment I needed to make in the mission or files.

Thank you.

nevermind.. HC_2 works like a charm. (It was user error on my part, a server.cfg setting needed correction).

Edited by pushbak

Is just simply placing a second HC and naming it 'HC_2' (set to playable) the right thing to do, or is there more involved in getting a second one to work?

Yes exactly, This should work. I say should because I've never facilitated and tried it. Keep in mind each HC will run its own instance of EOS so setting lobby parameter "Enemy Infantry Probability" to "50 % chance" would yield approximately the same number of enemy AI as "100 % chance" without any HCs present. That is great that you have it sorted and it is working.Thank you. Glad you guys enjoy it.

Hello Jigsor,

Firstly - absolutely amazing work putting this together - i have just set up a dedicated server and the group of friends i play with love your work! 

As i am very new to dedicated servers and scripting could i please trouble you with 1 small question?

The Mogadishu PBO - i have not edited it in any way, i have the MOD installed (the map) but whenever i play that particular mission the red squares on the map (and associated enemy units) are all located down to the south West of the map? Are they meant to be located in the town of Mogadishu? i only ask as the dock is currently to the north east of mogadishu? 

Any clarification you could give would be fantastic 

Many thanks for all your hard work

Thank you Hydrol and welcome to the forums.
Yes all enemy grid zones are in the city of Mogadishu. The Dock is placed far from enemy ground forces.
It should look like this.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=788252896

Cel.Geoffry,
Versions 1.45 and higher do not block  taskforce, ACRE and Enhanced Movement. Allowances have been made.
In older versions it did indirectly because they used stacked eventhandlers. Which can be used to hack with or carry over U.Is from other game servers. Its a major exploit that BIS has ignored. In fact they deleted my post about it and the entire stickied BIS stacked event handler thread several months ago. Only the posts on this subject remain in this thread. It has been discussed many times if you care to look back in this thread.
If Task force radio or Acre is running then this security check is completely bypassed because these mods do not provide an ID for the stacked eventhandlers they create so they cannot be whitelisted.
Reguarding ACE. This mission does not block parameters of ACE. Due recent changes in ACE it can no longer be used with only config which defines modules/parameters especially when using advanced features. Instead modules must be placed and setup in the editor.
Config Hpp/AceModuleSettings.hpp now has little affect so you may consider removing it entirely or just remove this statement from description.ext
#include "Hpp\AceModuleSettings.hpp"

Trying to see some ambient mobile civilans on Altis version but unsuccessfully

Mobile Civilians option does not work on Stratis version.

So does it mean that Altis version not work too? I use 1.45 version.

Has anyone gotten ACE Revive to work with the new changes in 1.64 or the new ACE changes? I have all the Modules placed but cannot get the medical or ACE Revive to work.

Diesel

@MacintoshRU,
Mobile Civilians Is working in Altis. Only Stratus Terrain has problem.
You will see their marker on the map if you Test run mission in Debug Mode then scroll action "Reveal All Units".

@diesel tech jc,
Try this one, I've not played it on Dedicated for a few weeks.

Thanks to S-10Ghost for setting up the modules/mission.sqm

It contains latest stable code base aswell.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0x76fgytarl6mmp/BMR_Insurgency_v1_46alpha_ACE.Tanoa.pbo?dl=0

I've been playing by myself on a local server, but I have noticed that even with the option to allow the AI to revive, they can never revive because when the player (me) is incapacitated, they all immediately die. Even if I just knocked myself down from a fall when no enemies are within 2 klicks, they just disappear the moment I am "dead." Can this be fixed?

Just wondering if this missions progress can be saved between server restarts? We have a dedicated server but basically just want to know if the whole mission will restart every time the server restarts.

I love your mission Jigsor !! I was wondering if i could add you on steam to ask you a couple of questions ? 
Steam ID : JoeShark35

Hey guys I was kicked from BMR i was picking up my laptop i have a asus rog my hand finger was accidentally on the mouse pad causing me to shoot another player at base i dont f around and team kill after trying to revive him because i did position my laptop all the way first i was more concerned about reviving him it happen again serious honest to God truth. I was then killed and kicked by an admin. I explained the situation but i guess to them they didn't care i play this game all the time and dont do this childish stuff im 35 years old can you please help me with this??

• Like 1

Jigsor this is Trigga_Lane we spoke yesterday on the game Thanks Again for this map and server you have created i have the above issue that happened to me today are you able to reinstate my IP I think it was Matt that kicked me you know i dont mess around like this and also was rethinking that Admin thing you told me about yesterday that might be an option if i was voted if im allowed this would allow me to help you guys with bs on the server and prevent un neccessary bans such as what happened to me today in much appreciated thanks.

is there a way to savegame? I host BMR mission with my friends to play coop but I cant save the progress.

Thanks

Jigsor, Want to start off by saying outstanding creations. I am new to this mission editing and learning fast. At some point would like to contact you via pm and ask a question. Out of many game modes, I have found urs best to have a "go to" game so my team can get on our server run a mission with no complex issues. I am new to editing and if I was to pick a mission to learn from is urs. I analyzed the whole mission. How is the best way to contact?

I've seen that before versin 1.45 Arma Enhanced Movement was incompatible with BMR but supposedly now its compatible but i still can't use it. Is there something i should do to make it work? 

Hello,

How did you make the planes and helicopters do not activate the zones, please ?

Sorry for my bad english

17 minutes ago, Royal Eagles said:

Hello,

Sorry for my bad english

I think what hes trying to say is can you make it so the zones are activated by planes and choppers, Im actually working on an edit now and want to do exactly that. I cant find the right parameter to make this work Ive trialled a few things however the zones wont trigger until Im right above them, any help appreciated PS Great work on this Jigsor, Its been a huge learning curve for me but its been very helpful in understanding how all the script fits together, Ive left your credits in their too as you've definitely earnt that right

EDIT: Scratch that just found it in the forums, funnily enough I couldnt right before I posted here  

Edited by PUG webnebular
edit

Hi, Im currently experiencing an issue with the deliver supplies mission. Ive searched through the forums thoroughly but Im unable to find an answer. .When players are dropping the box at the dropzone the box is flying out of the back of the chopper and disappearing. I will note I have moved the base but have changed the positioning in the script as per previous posts. Im unable to pinpoint why it would be doing this but the mission fails everytime regardless of how we go about it. It was working originally so maybe its something I've changed in the Loading scripts but the only thing that comes to mind is the ability to sling a wider array of vehicles. Any help would be appreciated, Thank You.

On 11/9/2016 at 4:03 PM, thecoolsideofthepillow said:

I've been playing by myself on a local server, but I have noticed that even with the option to allow the AI to revive, they can never revive because when the player (me) is incapacitated, they all immediately die. Even if I just knocked myself down from a fall when no enemies are within 2 klicks, they just disappear the moment I am "dead." Can this be fixed?

Fixed in up comming version 1.46

On 11/10/2016 at 9:35 AM, Matthew Breitkreitz said:

Just wondering if this missions progress can be saved between server restarts? We have a dedicated server but basically just want to know if the whole mission will restart every time the server restarts.

Unfortunately saving mission progress is not possible. Its something I too would like to see and have been trying to make it happen. The existing codding is very  complex and difficult to integrate maybe in the future I can make it happen.

On 1/2/2017 at 4:44 PM, callmesarge said:

Hey, loving this mission. If i wanted to use EricJ Taliban units, is that an easy port to make?

I have not explored this mod yet. If it follows conventional mod methods then it should not be to difficult to integrate. I may do a write up on how to do it soon.

On 2/2/2017 at 9:46 AM, nasrallah said:

is there a way to savegame? I host BMR mission with my friends to play coop but I cant save the progress.

Thanks

See above.

On 2/10/2017 at 9:38 AM, kerozen said:

I've seen that before versin 1.45 Arma Enhanced Movement was incompatible with BMR but supposedly now its compatible but i still can't use it. Is there something i should do to make it work? 

It should work in v1.45 but cannot confirm this any more and I do not use it. However I just received confirmation that it is working in up comming 1.46 version.

On 3/1/2017 at 7:16 AM, Royal Eagles said:

Hello,

Sorry for my bad english

Its been covered here. new version is limited at 10 meters

https://forums.bistudio.com/forums/topic/171050-bmr-insurgency/?do=findComment&comment=2870204

On 3/19/2017 at 1:01 PM, PUG webnebular said:

Hi, Im currently experiencing an issue with the deliver supplies mission. Ive searched through the forums thoroughly but Im unable to find an answer. .When players are dropping the box at the dropzone the box is flying out of the back of the chopper and disappearing. I will note I have moved the base but have changed the positioning in the script as per previous posts. Im unable to pinpoint why it would be doing this but the mission fails everytime regardless of how we go about it. It was working originally so maybe its something I've changed in the Loading scripts but the only thing that comes to mind is the ability to sling a wider array of vehicles. Any help would be appreciated, Thank You.

Delivery mission will only work with BTK Cargo Drop scripts and is the reason BTK Cargo Drop is included. If you want to use some other script or method then it is up to you to modify Objectives\delivery.sqf mission to make it compatible.