Just got to play the new island for the first time. Thought I'd stop in here and grab one of my favorite Arma missions for it. But jigsor hasn't released it yet. Looking forward to its release and keep up the great work man.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hello,

I have something strange: we edit the base to add helicopters, vehicles... Before version 1.60 and BMR 1.45apha; no problems, but since 1.60 Arma3, when we started mission from DS > almost all vehicles explode, they respawn and no more problems.

Someone has an idea where is the problem ?

Thanks a lot :)

BSince version 1.60 from arma 3, and 1.45alpha and 1.45

Hi, waiting for the Tanoa missions :) Have you started to make it yet ?

@jigsor - I had a question about the AI revive system.  I am using the AI revive HQ Enabled option.  But when I get incapacitated by whatever, and need to be revived, They are not coming to help?  It almost appears they die when this happens. Anyways, any help with this would be appreciated.

Appreciate!

Hello,

I have something strange: we edit the base to add helicopters, vehicles... Before version 1.60 and BMR 1.45apha; no problems, but since 1.60 Arma3, when we started mission from DS > almost all vehicles explode, they respawn and no more problems.

I am sure Jigsor has a better answer but, I thought i would add my 2 cents.  I have been adding vehicles to this mission for some time and I have had no issues with the Alpha or the 1.45 release.  I first take the mission into the eden editor, you will have to import and covert it.  Then I use this to add or change vehicles and make sure you use transform to level them out where placed.  I really haven't had any problems because eden let's you see pretty clear where placement is and if on top of anything.  In my case, I just avoid putting vehicles on top of anything or scenery objects.  Hope this helps in some way.

* Make sure you copy the init scripting for the vehicles and put in the new ones, so they respawn and all that.

• Like 1

Is it still 1.45 alpha version ?

No. Development for 1.45 alpha has been completed and alpha downloads are no longer available. Current version is 1.45.

I don't know it's an APEX issue or your BMR. The compass and the map disappear after helo jump and/or after some minutes.

I noticed map missing from inventory after mission start once you are able to move as player last weekend play testing new Tanoa version. Saving respawn loadout did not restore new helmets either after first use but did restore after saving respawn loadout again. After that no more problem. I've not had a chance to fully explore this but it is definitely related to Official Apex update 1.62 because that is when problem started.

Hello,

I would take bobbyrock's advice on adding/ editing vehicles from editor. Its a physics collision problem. The new 3d editor has right click on object - transform to terraine for normalizing height to terrain or something to that affect excuse the naming and terminology. The helicopters have always had this problem but since a couple of mission versions previous to 1.45 there is some working scripting in the object's init field to circumvent and actually sets the vehicle slightly in the air so that once physics kick in it falls to the terrain surface. This may not be needed anymore since new transform ability, but is untested so the redundancy of scripted init will remain for assurance. This is code that is in init of choppers to circumvent issue.

if (isServer) then {this setVectorUP (surfaceNormal [(getPosATL this) select 0,(getPosATL this) select 1]); this setPos [(getPosATL this) select 0,(getPosATL this) select 1,((getPos this) select 2) + 0.3];};

Is the goal to port this to Tanoa?

Yes.

Hi i was looking in to a mod that i think will be really good to Tanoa. Napalm Script http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=31275 to the CAS system :)

Cpt, At this point I am not adding new features. Instead I am concentrating on completing  v1.45 Tanoa. I've considered this before and even the newer version of existing CAS script has napalm feature, however these scripts rely on heavy particle scripting witch has large impact on performance so I've opted to not include this feature. I may experiment with them for possible future versions though. We'll see how it goes.

Hi, waiting for the Tanoa missions :) Have you started to make it yet ?

Yes its in the works. Maybe by this weekend or even sooner...

@jigsor - I had a question about the AI revive system.  I am using the AI revive HQ Enabled option.  But when I get incapacitated by whatever, and need to be revived, They are not coming to help?  It almost appears they die when this happens. Anyways, any help with this would be appreciated.

Appreciate!

The AI recruitment script which is not mine and is coded in fsm language (something I am not familiar with) will kill and eventually delete all the AI in your squad if you go down and there are no other real players in your squad. This is intended behavior by AI recruitment script author and unfortunately I am not talented or experienced enough to change this. I am not sure for the reasoning behind this.

• Like 2

I will be the first to write and say that i'm looking forward about this  :292:

• Like 1

Hello,

Thanks jigsor & bobbyrock   

I'm going to try to isolate the problem by editig it step by step, and thanks for the explanation of the scripts ;)

Hello,

No more problem by adding your script to the init of the vehicles, no only the helicopters, but the trucks, quads... too.

if (isServer) then {this setVectorUP (surfaceNormal [(getPosATL this) select 0,(getPosATL this) select 1]); this setPos [(getPosATL this) select 0,(getPosATL this) select 1,((getPos this) select 2) + 0.3];};

Can i subscribe to this mission on Workshop?

I'm having trouble finding a decent server to play on at Tanoa. Hoping that you soon got this BMR ready for us, so i can start adding my script and hosting the game at Tanoa... :)  The campaign is good and i like it, but i like my BMR version beder.

Tanoa version added to mission pack.

All versions except Tanoa can run with or without Apex.

All versions updated to support Apex.

Get Some!

• Like 3

Tanoa version added to mission pack.

All versions except Tanoa can run with or without Apex.

All versions updated to support Apex.

Get Some!

• Like 1

Hi,

What would be nice:

- random perimeter for mission (for example about 500 m to 1 km) for some missions (like rescue pilot, destruction)

It would force to make research of the target.

- new mission like downloading data from a crashed drone before ennemis destroy or capture it

:)

Hi, has anyone use the ACE system to this before ?  If so what will this do to the mission medic or other stuff.

Hi, i was testing out the helicopter lift in the server yesterday and i didn't get any lift options on the CH-49_Mohawk ore the CH-67 Huron. We were trying to lift up a tank, so we can take to the other side of the island but it did not let me do it, is there a restriction on what kind of vehicle that can be lifted ?

I figured it out, i can't lift the Independent vehicles, So how can i make that happen ?

Any plans on adding Syndikat as an opposing force?

Well not really, They do not have many unit class types nor vehicles.

Hi,

What would be nice:

- random perimeter for mission (for example about 500 m to 1 km) for some missions (like rescue pilot, destruction)

It would force to make research of the target.

- new mission like downloading data from a crashed drone before ennemis destroy or capture it

:)

Yes, I would like to add more side missions. Maybe i can concentrate on this now. Main goal for 1.45 was give provide updated/fixed version of this mission and to include Tanoa version.

Hi, has anyone use the ACE system to this before ?  If so what will this do to the mission medic or other stuff.

As for Ace, current implementation is only basic medical so anyone can heal or revive. Untested, but for advanced medical you would probably have to place the medical ace module down in the editor, give names to medic units and add those name to module properties. To keep Ace dependencies out of this mission there are no modules placed in editor instead they are created dynamically by config Hpp\AceModuleSettings.hpp.

I made this config by creating empty mission and placing Ace modules in editor this includes the module which lets you export a new config (sorry I don't remember the name). Once you have ideal modules set up, you can play the mission, hit escape and select include client and server settings then hit export/copy to clipboard button. Then you can paste these settings into AceModuleSettings.hpp. That way you only have one mission to maintain and you could play it with Ace or without Ace.

There are so many options with Ace its really up to you to set up or change specifics.

Hi, i was testing out the helicopter lift in the server yesterday and i didn't get any lift options on the CH-49_Mohawk ore the CH-67 Huron. We were trying to lift up a tank, so we can take to the other side of the island but it did not let me do it, is there a restriction on what kind of vehicle that can be lifted ?

I figured it out, i can't lift the Independent vehicles, So how can i make that happen ?

Example:

In BMR_Insurgency_v1_45.Altis\=BTC=_logistic\=BTC=_logistic_init.sqf line 56.

//CH49 Mowhawk
case "I_Heli_Transport_02_F" : {_array = ["Motorcycle","ReammoBox","ReammoBox_F","Land_BagFence_Long_F","Land_BarGate_F","StaticWeapon","Car","Truck","Wheeled_APC","Tracked_APC","APC_Tracked_01_base_F","APC_Tracked_02_base_F","B_APC_Tracked_01_CRV_F","B_APC_Tracked_01_AA_F","B_MBT_01_cannon_F","B_APC_Tracked_01_rcws_F","Steve_IFV_Warrior","Air","Ship"] + BTC_fob_materials;};

// Add class names be it parent or child to list above. Each chopper type is notated in this section and can have unique lifting abilities. You may also add a new case for new or moded choppers not includes in this script. I hope this helps.

• Like 1

Thanks this works :). i will have to look in to the ACE mod because i'm getting a  ace_clipboard.dll not installed when i'm training to run the ace mod.