Hi, is anyone else having problems with task force radio on this map?

The radio loads up, but the talk range, the fading in and out is not working, everyone always can be heard globally

its just on this map, so im not sure if im doing something wrong or if its just the map that has the issue?

please help :(

I haven't done this myself, but have you done what ohmion said to do earlier?

Hi rckiller, I had the same problem with TFAR.

You can fix it if you comment or delete the following lines on init_player.sqf

//Line 120-135
/*
{
_event = _x;
_namespaceId = "BIS_stackedEventHandlers_";
_namespaceEvent = _namespaceId + _event;
_data = missionNameSpace getVariable [_namespaceEvent, []];
{
private ["_itemId","_allowed"];
_allowed = _data select count _data -1 select 0;
if (_allowed in StackedEHkeysWhiteList) then {
_data deleteAt count _data -1;
}else{
_itemId = [_x, 0, "", [""]] call BIS_fnc_param;
[_itemId,_event] call bis_fnc_removeStackedEventHandler;
};
} foreach _data;
} forEach ["oneachframe", "onpreloadstarted", "onpreloadfinished", "onmapsingleclick", "onplayerconnected", "onplayerdisconnected"];
*/

I might be slightly retarded but I'm too tired to keep fiddling with it right now. 

I am trying to remove the respawn system in place to enable the advanced ACE medical system. But I can't seem to get it to work with the lobby on/off on the BMR respawn system. Is there anyone that can resolve this last problem I have on this mission?

Whenever I "die" i just fall over and instantly respawn. It is as if it doesn't recognize me adding the Ace modules. I am trying to set it so that it knocks me unconscious for 5 minutes to let a medic treat me instead of respawning me. AFTER that I'm fine with being respawned but as it is now it's not working at all.

Hi people.

AWESOME mission!

I have been off Arma for a while, but its great to come back and play a mission like this! alot of hard work has been put in to this.. thank you!

One problem i have, i dont know what im doing wrong, but the ''Deliver Supplies'' side mission... i have no clue how to do it!
i do not see any supplies around the base to collect or load into a vehicle.

Can someone explain briefly how to start this mission? others you assign, but the Deliver Supplies mission im at a total loss :/

or is there any way i can skip certain missions? that would also be handy.

Thanks.

I've been away from Arma for a while and just got going again so apologies for no replies.

@mossarelli,

I already know about that technique. Sorry if this mission does not live up to your expectations on bleeding edge or newerish techniques.

I'm glad i didn't implement it because I saw Tankbuster have a lot of trouble with it for a very long time then it would get fixed, but on next game update it was broken again.

I am content for now on the current implementation. I'm not saying your suggestion doesn't work now, but So many times I have witness other mission makers try to implement new techniques into their mission only to realize that the engine still has bugs relating to say new commands even though they have made it past dev version. Even remoteexec which has been around for a while now still has bugs and are not slated for fix until next game update. True this mission may use some old techniques but they are tried and proven. Bugs have been resolved in these techniques long ago. What I aim for is not having to struggle with my code and question why it does not work. I cannot trouble shoot engine problems and I never run dev. version. I found its best to offer a stable release with longer shelf life. Could this mission be optimized further with newer techniques? Absolutely. Are there some tried and proven techniques which have not had problems  for a long time now? Surely. Do I know it all? No. I slowly work proven technique in long after they have been around and engine designers stop screwing with them or related engine features and I can see that many appreciate this. If you played Arma 2 PVP then maybe you played Celery's missions. His missions used techniques from OFP and Arma 1 but worked great in Arma 2 still to this day. He rarely had to do updates because of engine changes. Rant over.

@flyingcoyotus
I think I may have accidentally deleted a spit mark ( :) in delivery script as I cleaned up the scripts for final release. My bad, Dropbox version should have the correction in it. Version below is tested working.
If you want to keep old version then just replace delivery script with the one from below.
AI halo drop/open chute heights are specified in client_fncs.sqf INS_AI_Halo function. See notation -
    _openChuteAlt = 75;//This does not work in Arma 3 as of v1.5. AI will open chute at 150m., This is native behavior I guess.
    _jumpAlt = 450;// drop height
There could be some hacky way to make this effective by dissabling their brain with disableAI "FSM" until desired _openChuteAlt is reached but have not yet tried.
If you set _jumpAlt to low then AI could crash into ground on some terrains or will not steer away from hillside quickly enough.

@rckiller,@Argonauta and @rockurheart
ohmion has the correct solution in post 382.

@bobbyrock, glad you got it working if you could edit your post and show change you made I'm sure many would appreciate it.
I've not yet converted to eden editor yet. I probably won't until Expantion update.

@infiltrator_2k, I don't know why you can't change parameters. Its been working since many releases ago. I venture to guess the server config wich specifies admin password is not setup correctly. Are you able to confirm you are loged in as admin?
The parameters can only be set once before mission is started. You cannot change settings afterwards.

@Alex (4)
Ace modules settings are probably getting ignored and superseded with settings in Hpp\AceModuleSettings.hpp.
Remove this line in description.ext to allow modules to work.
#include "Hpp\AceModuleSettings.hpp"
If you want the mission to work when not running Ace on server and when it is (means not making it a hard dependancy within mission), then export/create new AceModuleSettings.hpp. with your module settings. Link at top of this file tells you how to do that.

@flyingcoyotus,
Hey bud, good ideah. I had thought about this recently aswell but have not explored all the island possibilities. Do you know of any that have plenty of enterable buildings?

@susscon,
Thank you.
Its borked in Armaholic version I believe. Try dropbox version or version below. I've just tested the one below.
There are specifics on how it all works a few pages back. This has been asked many times.

• Like 1

I have an update ready for test below.

The update mainly focuses on optimization. Some optimizations are not listed below. I can't remember all of them.

I'd appreciate feedback if Enhanced Movement mod and Task force Radio mod is or is not compatible without having to edit. I don't use these but I am trying to make the mission compatible.
4/27/16
BMR_Insurgency_v1.45alpha.Altis

BMR_Insurgency_v1_45alpha.Takistan
Added: Compatibility for vehicle rewards when ACE explosive used to destroy ammo cache. The nearest Blufor player to ammo cache location will be issued reward if scripted charge/Ace charge is used.
Added: Light weight solution lobby option/feature for fully restored kit or current depleated kit when player respawned. Reloading magazine,throwing nade, setting charge ect. will trigger saving current kit to memory.
Added: Script Reveal_Marker.sqf WIP. What it does - It locally makes markers on the map revealing all units within range and for duration defined in launch parameters only for script executioner.
    Purpose is really only a debuging tool or for server admins to find stranglers or AI stuck in rocks.
Added: Any Stacked event handlers running on server at mission start will automatically add its key IDs to StackedEHkeysWhiteList.
    Stacked EHs initiated after mission start are allowed and ignored as in version 1.44. See post #382 on resolution if you still have problems.
Fixed: Sound: Error: (paths) not found !!! for each new1.wss, onclick.wss, soundover.wss and onescape.wss used in dialogs caused by A3 patch sounds update.
Fixed: missing a couple of ; in version 1.44.

Fixed: or at least lessened chance for BTK cargo related error. Its a trivial one anyways.
Change: Consolidated all execution of ammobox refiller threads to one thread for optimization (replaced SimpleCrateRefill.sqf with SingleThreadCrateRefill.sqf).
Change: Removed threads created for each intel item and consolidated into 1. This thread monitors existence of intel object and deletes intel maker when suitcase is picked up.
Change: Optimization - shortened some local variables in several scripts.
Change: Optimization - shortened some code by deleting parameters defined by _this select 0 ect. and switching private command to newer params command in many scripts/functions.
Absolute Todos/WIP in next version
 1. Integration of CUP assets. Ralian from OG / Folk Arps is already working on and helping with this.
 2. Adding earplug option when in helicopters.

3. Update class names/content for supported mods

Questions:

Has anyone witnessed the HC bug where enemy stops spawning after some time on HC? Recent game patch may have fixed this issue.

Would any one like to see a github of BMR Insurgency and would any participate in forking?

ah that explains it, thanks for answering so fast... i did see the post on how you actually do it, just thought i was missing something.
Great job man! this mission is epic!

cant thank you enough for your hard work, normally i make and use missions using ALiVE, but your scripted way makes the game run so much better!

''Oh i forgot to mention, it is the takistan version we are running not altis... is there a dropbox version of takistan?''

Thanks.

Edited by susscon

Latest Takistan version added above.

• Like 1

Latest Takistan version added above.

Awesome! your tha man!

**Edit**

We been on the Takistan mission all night, everything working fine apart from the intel does not give a marker for the cashes.

Not sure if the cashes are actually there or not, we didnt come across any.

Apart from that, top notch :)

Great, thanks for the report.

Simple typo was missing "_".

Also found an error relating to ambient radio chatter sound paths not found.

All should be good now. Files reuploaded. Use same links in post above.

Thanks again.

• Like 1

Great, thanks for the report.

Simple typo was missing "_".

Also found an error relating to ambient radio chatter sound paths not found.

All should be good now. Files reuploaded. Use same links in post above.

Thanks again.

Found another issue, not sure if its my end or the mission buddy but...

The overcast setting are set to 0% / off but i still get cloudy weather.

I had this issue before using alive, it seemed to be temperamental, sometimes it worked, other times it did not :/

As for Task Force, we are using discord so its a shame until maybe one day they implement the plugin for it so i cant test that out

And Enhanced Movement we dont really like, but if nobody else confirms it works or not ill install it to let you know.

Thanks again.

Keep up the good work

As for Task Force and Enhanced Movement, no worries bud. The weather sync can be difficult in A3 in general. You will find better result in sync if you wait a few moments before clicking ok once you get to map/breiifing screen, If you are admin you may improve sync for yourself as well as the other players by waiting some moments before continuing by letting other players load/sync if you start the game with other players sloted. Will do ..

Thank you.

• Like 1

Hello,

Thanks for answers :) (AI halo opening altitude)

For the snow island with enterable building, i'm going to test them and get back to you :)

Thanks for the altis and takistant updates !

After several months I have returned. And you have added my translation and Headless Client! Thank you man!!!

Hi rckiller, I had the same problem with TFAR.

You can fix it if you comment or delete the following lines on init_player.sqf

//Line 120-135
/*
{
_event = _x;
_namespaceId = "BIS_stackedEventHandlers_";
_namespaceEvent = _namespaceId + _event;
_data = missionNameSpace getVariable [_namespaceEvent, []];
{
private ["_itemId","_allowed"];
_allowed = _data select count _data -1 select 0;
if (_allowed in StackedEHkeysWhiteList) then {
_data deleteAt count _data -1;
}else{
_itemId = [_x, 0, "", [""]] call BIS_fnc_param;
[_itemId,_event] call bis_fnc_removeStackedEventHandler;
};
} foreach _data;
} forEach ["oneachframe", "onpreloadstarted", "onpreloadfinished", "onmapsingleclick", "onplayerconnected", "onplayerdisconnected"];
*/

on my opinion you don't need comment this lines.

Check the line number 130 in file init_player.sqf of BMR_Insurgency_v1.45alpha.Altis and delete the last _ in the command "BIS_stackedEventHandlers" than TFAR works.

The correct line: _namespaceId = "BIS_stackedEventHandlers";

As for Task Force and Enhanced Movement, no worries bud. The weather sync can be difficult in A3 in general. You will find better result in sync if you wait a few moments before clicking ok once you get to map/breiifing screen, If you are admin you may improve sync for yourself as well as the other players by waiting some moments before continuing by letting other players load/sync if you start the game with other players sloted. Will do ..

Thank you.

Well we have been caning this mission for days, and its working solid chief. no issues at all.

Would love to see Lingor if you ever get around to it :)

Thanks.

how do we get the "deliver supplies" mission done. we can't load or sling-load the box. we tried mohawk and slingrope and mousewheel options. none of it worked.

EDIT:figured it out by simply loading it from outside via mousewheel :wacko:

there is not a warning sound in air vehicles when a missile is incoming. is that on my end or the mission?

@jigsor

We've been running a edited version of your mission on Takistan, Sarahni, Kunduz and FATA every coop-night on Gameaholic.se since February, it's bloody awsome!

The changes we've made are small configs, vehicles ballance, gears and build a main base to fit our gaming community needs. The server is 30 slot and members only.

What I understand, you getting pretty close to release your version 1.45? Would love to see your progress up on github, we follow your work to 100%. :wub:

A small question about the medic system tho.. .

When a player (regular infantry soldier) get wounded he can maximum patch him self up to 75% with FAK, then needs a combat medic (or a MEV/Field Hospital) to get to 100%.

I want it to be 50% for a regular player with FAK, how'n where do I decrease this maximum level?

@macmillan11, Welcome back!. Yes your Russian translation has been added. Thank you.
The most important and frequent strings have been translated now for several languages though there are several things like paramters and Heli evac strings that still need to be translated aswell in the future.
When I have those things ready I may reach out to you for more translations again if its ok.
The addition of headless client has really kicked up the action and performance. If you would like to try playing it with headless client You are welcome to the Onion Gamers server. Filter onion.
There Ajax keeps a public no mods required Altis version running with ASR AI on server and Headless client.
There the only mods allowed are lsd full screen night vision and CBA. When mission parameter "Enemy Infantry Probability" is kicked up to 75% (usually is with HC) in combination with HC and ASR AI the action is non stop as the enemy advances out of buildings and come for you.

Thanks to Fuman and Chu for very recent donation to Onion Gamers. Their donation was put towards the server and machine now has SSD hardrive and more space. Thanks guys!.

@tomrattler, I think your suggestion assumes this line is a typo containing "_" at the end. _namespaceId = "BIS_stackedEventHandlers_"; Its not a typo. by commenting that line that bit of code it still runs at mission start but becomes ineffective at searching for running stacked EHs.
I recommend to remove the whole block instead of just that line, but I have just found the Key IDs for Enhanced movement and TFAR and added them to White list.
This block should not be a problem any more for users of those mods. Just now added in version 1.45alpha. Could use feedback.
The purpose of this block is to prevent one possible method of hacking and also removes HUDs/GUIs still running from players that come from life servers and such.

This type of hack can be done without addon/mod. Its funny that the Stacked Event Handlers stickied thread created by devs containing my post on discovery of this exploit has been deleted in the Mission Editing and Scripting forum with no replies. Its very likely to still be a major exploit issue.

@susscon, Thanks for latest report and Island suggestion.
I've been hoping for Icebreakers release of sister/dessert version of Lingor (Dingor) before I added it. Lingor was a little laggy in A2 but it really is a great map with all the rivers running through it.
Still have not tried it in A3. This is not a definitive no at this point just a not yet.

@tangoGSC, I've not had a chance to try to reproduce. There is nothing in the mission that purposely removes the locking tone.
However, I did notice a bug with Arma not mission that sometimes disabled lock ability or lock tone from hand held AA launcher if lobby parameter "Dissable Audible AI Radio?" was set to Yes.

@flyingcoyotus, Napf Island does indeed have plenty of enterable buildings. I have created the grid and EOS call lines for this map and begun a new port. I'll post link to it when it is completed for testing. Thanks man.

@bodybaq, What you describe is an Arma 3 mechanic not something determined by mission script.
I don't believe I can cleanly manipulate this through script. It probably is only doable by mod. The mission only adds visual cues as to health status.
I've already created a github but have not yet made it public. Links to it will be available soon. Thanks for the love.

I've posted an update to v1.45alpha on front page. So far only contains Altis, Takistan and Zargabad versions. A lobby parameter option has been added supporting CUP's Takistan army and Militia. More opposing faction options to come later.
Takistan and Zargabad now require CUP terrains instead on AIA.
See changelog and download link on first page.

Hey im been trying to make my BMR Insurgency mod save on my server im not sure how. I use TADST for the dedicated server and have Inidbi and im not sure how to make it work. May someone please help me

@jigsor

Hi, great news and thanks for Napf island (and other ones ;) ), dont hesitate to post a beta, friends and me can test mission one by one on a dedicated server  ;)

• Like 1

Thanks for the Alpha maps Jigsor!
Awesome work :)

Although, is anyone else getting a constant freeze for a quick second every 5 seconds or so during game?

i only get this on the zargabad map with the alpha update, . i also got the same issue on kunduz on the previous release.

i think other players were fine, at least they never mentioned anything to me, could it be something that's only effecting the host (me) ??
like i say all other maps are fine if i host a LAN just for myself, and online is fine with other players, it only seems to be Kunduz and Zargabad i get this issue.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

And keep up the good work, its much appreciated :)

Hello, love the mod. I only play on servers with your mission.. however I am trying to use BMR insurgency on my own private server for my friends and I. Whenever i load the mission the Virtual Arsenal and Halo jump works for me, but it does not work for any of the players. for example they go up to the flag pole and there are no options at all. The same applies to the Ammo Box. I do not know how to fix this and i do not know anything about SQF files or how to "MAKE" a SQF.

These problems happen with and without mods (TRYK, CBA, RHS, CUP)

On a side note when one of my friend enters the server she falls through the ground and into water and is not able to re spawn.