Hi Jigsor, 

I'm starting to get an issue now where connecting to v1_49 servers works grand but attempting to connect to servers running v1_50 causes the game to crash upon receiving mission file.
Have done the usual checks of clearing the cache and reinstalling to be safe but it appears to be specifically affecting v1_50 servers.

@dunadrian This is the first I've heard about this particular issue. Have you tried to verify integrity of game files through steam? I recommend this first then try to connect to this server with no mods. If it happens again there might be something useful in your .rpt log file. You can send me a link to it and I'll have a look.
https://www.battlemetrics.com/servers/arma3/2753090

Hello Friends,

Having a frustrating problem. I am hosting a server with the latest download link from this top of this thread. I can run the server myself and play without any issues whatsoever however my friends connect and their arma says provides a "cannot load texture" error with "bmrflag.paa" as well as a "script vehrespawn.sqf not found". It also appears that when they connect they dont see the typical download progress of the mission file which normally takes a few seconds but rather, It just snaps to 100% and they load into the server. They can connect but as soon as they try to enter the game itself they either spawn in the middle of the ocean dead or get stuck in the underground below spawn. Also sometimes they get a message saying that they are requiring DLC addons to join then then mission terminated. I always thought you didn't need any of the DLC's to join a server? They have the standard original ones but not necessarily the newer Contact and Tac Ops ones. Anyone experiencing this? Or is it something with my machine? Thanks!

-nozzle

@Nozzle

Hello Nozzle and welcome to the forums.

"cannot load texture" error with "bmrflag.paa"
This can be ignored. There may be a fix for this but i am unaware of it. To me this is an Arma engine design problem. Why this happens? This happens when a new player who is not the server joins a server running a mission or choosing a mission in mission selection screen wich uses loadScreen command (this mission does).

The image is contained in the mission and the mission must first be downloaded successfully in to MPmissions cache in order for the picture to be accessible/viewable. So once the player has the mission this should no longer occur if they play the same mission again.

"script vehrespawn.sqf not found"
There is nothing actually wrong with this script or script path but probably rather a side affect of missing terrain wich can cause all sort of anomalies.

Enoch/Livonia version requires Contact DLC
Tanoa versions require APEX DLC
The other versions do not require dlcs. At least they never have on our dedicated servers.

Also have a look at you latest .rpt when this occurs and have your players look at their .rpt log as well. This will show wich mods and dlcs are actually loaded which may differ from not the ones you thought were loaded.

I need help getting it to run on a dedicated server, most of the maps give me a, "no entry error". I must be missing something easy.

1 hour ago, richh001 said:

I need help getting it to run on a dedicated server, most of the maps give me a, "no entry error". I must be missing something easy.

What mods are you running on the server/client?

Thanks for the response. I am not running any Mods on the server. the only maps that run on the server are the one that don't require any mods. The maps that do require mods always give the client, "No entry" errors of some kind. and when mods are installed on the client that are listed in the notes, it is unable to connect because of the mods........Whatever it is that I am doing wrong must be simple and stupid, as I am really new at this.

Ok, I had the wrong server setup. is there a guide on how to setup a server on aPC that will run BMR?

Hello, 

I wanted to remove from arsenal thermal optics:

"NVGogglesB_blk_F",

"NVGogglesB_grn_F",

"NVGogglesB_gry_F",

"H_HelmetO_ViperSP_hex_F",

"H_HelmetO_ViperSP_ghex_F",

is there any config or white / black list file to add this ?

On 2/24/2020 at 2:48 PM, Komaros said:

Hello, 

I wanted to remove from arsenal thermal optics:

"NVGogglesB_blk_F",

"NVGogglesB_grn_F",

"NVGogglesB_gry_F",

"H_HelmetO_ViperSP_hex_F",

"H_HelmetO_ViperSP_ghex_F",

is there any config or white / black list file to add this ?

Hello Komanos, There is whitelisting which you can enable in lobby but currently only contains vanilla and WWII content. Its a huge pain to list all allowed contents and probably not what you want.  In this script You can black list weapons which will still appear in arsenal but will be removed when player exits arsenal.
This edit will detect the types of items you listed and remove these on arsenal closed as well.

private _p = player;
private _bannedWeapons = ["HLC_wp_M134Painless","NVGogglesB_blk_F","NVGogglesB_grn_F","NVGogglesB_gry_F","H_HelmetO_ViperSP_hex_F","H_HelmetO_ViperSP_ghex_F"];
private _found = false;

if (currentWeapon _p in _bannedWeapons) then {
	_p removeWeapon currentWeapon _p;
	_found = true;
};
if (secondaryWeapon _p in _bannedWeapons) then {
	_p removeweapon secondaryWeapon _p;
	_found = true;
};
if (handgunWeapon _p in _bannedWeapons) then {
	_p removeWeapon (handgunWeapon _p);
	_found = true;
};
if (!isNull backpackContainer _p && {(weaponCargo backpackContainer _p) findIf {_x in _bannedWeapons} != -1}) then {
	{
		_p removeItemFromBackpack _x;
	} forEach _bannedWeapons;
	_found = true;
};

private _allHG = assignedItems _p;
_allHG pushBack (headgear _p);
private _detected = (_bannedWeapons arrayIntersect _allHG);
if !(_detected isEqualTo []) then {
	{_p unlinkItem _x;} forEach _detected;
	_found = true;
};

if (_found) then {hintSilent "Sorry, Weapon Banned :("};

thanks for reply

it sounds good, i just want ban few thermal items which are OP.

this edit will ban these items from any kind of arsenal option ? or only whitelisting which i can enable in lobby ?

"this edit will ban these items from any kind of arsenal option?"   Yes.

So I've been playing and can't get enhanced movement to work, but it works on other missions i'm only running a few mods and they never caused a problem. So does your mission not work with enhanced movement, is it a bug or something?

Please help I really like playing with EM it makes rocks easier to walk or climb and you can climb over walls for more ways to approach the situation.

On 3/18/2020 at 4:05 AM, Connorisgameing said:

So I've been playing and can't get enhanced movement to work, but it works on other missions i'm only running a few mods and they never caused a problem. So does your mission not work with enhanced movement, is it a bug or something?

Please help I really like playing with EM it makes rocks easier to walk or climb and you can climb over walls for more ways to approach the situation.

Still working here on local server and used regularly with no problem on our moded dedicated servers.
Make sure you are using the latest steam version of EM Updated May 10, 2018
and the latest BMR Insurgency  mission version 1.50

7 hours ago, Jigsor said:

Still working here on local server and used regularly with no problem on our moded dedicated servers.
Make sure you are using the latest steam version of EM Updated May 10, 2018
and the latest BMR Insurgency  mission version 1.50

Hmm, they are all updated I just got back into BMR because now it has a saving feature. Is there any thing you can think of on my end that could be the problem, like I said I can load the game start some other mission and it will work, but then if I load yours it doesn't, and vice versa I can start yours and it won't work then load another mission and it will.

There is some old security measures in the mission which i believe are still valid concerns. Its been covered in this thread before (just need to dig through it) and has been discussed somewhat on a thread started by  a BIS dev which has been deleted. It can be bypassed by completely removing this block of code from line 148 to line 170. EM on its own should not be causing a problem. Its probably some other mod or small chance that some other mission played previously to BMR Insurgency that has code running in memory which affects EM though, I  can not be sure without an .rpt to look at. I would try to load Arma with just CBA and EM mods only and try to play BMR Insurgency from a fresh Arma load before you try any other mission to see if EM is working then try adding other mods or playing other mission first. Would be interested to know If you go through the trouble of what you found. I may be able to add an exception to the code if the culprit can be found. Also I believe EM has some default key bindings which i can never remember because i use custom bindings which I involves CBA. This may have an impact though don't quote me on this last line because I'm not certain.

On 1/7/2020 at 7:32 PM, Jigsor said:

@Nozzle

Hello Nozzle and welcome to the forums.

"cannot load texture" error with "bmrflag.paa"
This can be ignored. There may be a fix for this but i am unaware of it. To me this is an Arma engine design problem. Why this happens? This happens when a new player who is not the server joins a server running a mission or choosing a mission in mission selection screen wich uses loadScreen command (this mission does).

The image is contained in the mission and the mission must first be downloaded successfully in to MPmissions cache in order for the picture to be accessible/viewable. So once the player has the mission this should no longer occur if they play the same mission again.

"script vehrespawn.sqf not found"
There is nothing actually wrong with this script or script path but probably rather a side affect of missing terrain wich can cause all sort of anomalies.

Enoch/Livonia version requires Contact DLC
Tanoa versions require APEX DLC
The other versions do not require dlcs. At least they never have on our dedicated servers.

Also have a look at you latest .rpt when this occurs and have your players look at their .rpt log as well. This will show wich mods and dlcs are actually loaded which may differ from not the ones you thought were loaded.

Hey @Jigsor. Thanks for the response. Unfortunately I only now just saw it. I am still having problems with my friends joining my server. They join and get as far as selecting a role and then hitting OK to load in and play. Then they get the bmrflag.paa error and their game either crashes to desktop or they load into the map and fall through the ground into neverland and then seem to get kicked from the game or have a CTD. I get no errors at all as host. I had one friend send me his troubleshooting report which contains the .rpt file. I am not sure how to understand all the info. Would you be willing to take a look? Thanks! The .rpt is attached in the link below. I really like the BMR insurgency mission and would love to play with friends but unfortunately due to this issue I can't! I'm hoping its not my own games problem all along. Thanks! Using the most recent 1.50 release by the way.

Client Joining: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/19VDTQq3sB2Rdmg_iXLScS_L9HpiGQwuK?usp=sharing

Host RPT: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1itQ8_WK0VCxY6i1uZkKc31TBjyotei1X?usp=sharing

Hello, is it possible to use both parameters

"=BTC= Revive :: Anyone with FAK can revive. Mobile HQ Enabled."

and

"=BTC= Quick revive :: AI can revive. Mobile HQ Enabled." ?

4 hours ago, stevie476 said:

Hello, is it possible to use both parameters

"=BTC= Revive :: Anyone with FAK can revive. Mobile HQ Enabled."

and

"=BTC= Quick revive :: AI can revive. Mobile HQ Enabled." ?

Revive and Quick Revive are completely different scripts, so I doubt it.....

Hey, sorry for bringing this up - probably sometime it has been brought up - I haven't found it... For whatever reason ACE Modules aren't loaded in Zeus.

1. Was this on purpose?

2. If it was - how to revert? - reverted it. Didn't work after testing.

3. What file should I be looking at to change? - found what to change. I am guessing the admin menu is causing the issue with reassigning zeus.

On 5/31/2020 at 4:19 PM, Trixity said:

Hey, sorry for bringing this up - probably sometime it has been brought up - I haven't found it... For whatever reason ACE Modules aren't loaded in Zeus.

1. Was this on purpose?

2. If it was - how to revert? - reverted it.

3. What file should I be looking at to change? - found what to change.

Hello Trixity, I was unaware this was happening. Do you mind showing what you changed to revert.

Base code updated on github DevBranch with some very minor changes.

1 hour ago, Jigsor said:

Hello Trixity, I was unaware this was happening. Do you mind showing what you changed to revert.

Base code updated on github DevBranch with some very minor changes.

I should probably re-edit my post. I had it working in editor, the server still doesn't allow me to use all addon options.

I think it has to do with the admin menu and the assigning of zeus itself. As soon as the mission is reloaded/restarted the addons are gone again.

On 6/9/2020 at 6:31 PM, Trixity said:

I should probably re-edit my post. I had it working in editor, the server still doesn't allow me to use all addon options.

I think it has to do with the admin menu and the assigning of zeus itself. As soon as the mission is reloaded/restarted the addons are gone again.

I'm not sure what the problem is exactly. Ace modules appear in zeus for me as a local multiplayer host and on dedicated even after mission reloading using #missions. Please
provide client and server .rpt and steps to reproduce the problem and specifically what that problem is. "all addon options" wich addon options?