@Mike Ciuffoletti

Send the rpt generated when problem is reproduced. I think you ran some other mission in this log 21:37:17  Mission file: tanoa_intro. Please try with no mods to see if problem goes away. If it does then try then again with only the supported required terrain and Opposing Army mods. I suspect this is a mod problem. If it persists send me the new .rpt. Every time you start Arma a new rpt is created and continuously logs info until you exit Arma. Note that these 2 mods @VSM - Vests and Helmets and @VSM - Uniforms are redundant and included in the newer @VSM All-In-One Collection. This could be the source of the problem with your body  armor config values going wonky.

On 7/31/2017 at 7:31 AM, Jigsor said:

@Mike Ciuffoletti

Send the rpt generated when problem is reproduced. I think you ran some other mission in this log 21:37:17  Mission file: tanoa_intro. Please try with no mods to see if problem goes away. If it does then try then again with only the supported required terrain and Opposing Army mods. I suspect this is a mod problem. If it persists send me the new .rpt. Every time you start Arma a new rpt is created and continuously logs info until you exit Arma. Note that these 2 mods @VSM - Vests and Helmets and @VSM - Uniforms are redundant and included in the newer @VSM All-In-One Collection. This could be the source of the problem with your body  armor config values going wonky.

Understood.  I will give this a try and get back to you. Thanks!

EDIT: All MODS removed and it works perfectly.  Gonna load them back up and remove the ones you said were redundant.  Will report back shortly...

EDIT: Loaded all the MODS except for those two redundant ones, and it is back to the one shotting again.  Obviously a MOD is causing this.  Gonna try to limit it to just the RHS and CUP MODS as you stated and see if that helps.  Will update shortly again...

Here is the .rpt file in case you need it though for this one.

https://pastebin.com/87vmEMKC

EDIT: Reduced the MODS list to

CBA A3

CUP Terrains Core

CUP Terrains Maps

CUP Weapons

CUP Units

Cup Vehicles

RHSAFRF

RHSUSAF

RHSGREF

RHSSAF

CUP Terrains CWA

One shotting still occuring.  I guess I will have to keep narrowing this down.  I am gonna go through the MODS list one by one until I can find the culprit.  Seems like the only way to narrow this down

But here is the .rpt File for this list of MODs as well

https://pastebin.com/2nsbrx3s

EDIT: So it seems I have found the issue.  It is all of the RHS MODs.  No matter which one I load, even by itself, it causes the one shotting.  Disabled all the RHS MODs and Project OPFOR, and it fixes the issue.  Shame because I would like to use the RHS version of Insurgency. :-(

I am thinking it is a Body Armor issue because any shot to the chest is one an done.  When it is to the legs, that is the only time it survives a shot.

Jigsor, I love this mission but I'm having a huge trouble with trying to run this on my dedicated. The stamina system is always on. I run ACE3 with my mission and I make sure in the parameters that stamina is disabled, but no matter what for the dedicated stamina is enabled. BUT, when I host through my computer, like LAN hosting, the stamina will be disabled when it's in the parameters. Anything I can do...?

@Mike Ciuffoletti

Good job narrowing the mod problem down. I assume you've tried RHS mods without Project Opfor mod. I'm not having the one shot problem you experience on our moded dedicated server. We don't use Project Opfor mod. Lobby mission parameter "Damage Multiplier (Effective hit on Player) - not used when ACE3 mod is loaded" does seem to help negate the problem. On RHS versions the default is is set to 60%. Check that or try increasing it to see a difference. Also have a look at this page. There is a  Config Parameter reducedDamage to  Decreases damage dealt to the player and members of his group.

@zzev

With newer versions of ACE3 mod the mission parameter "Fatigue and Stamina System" cannot over ride ACE3 mod settings. You must  place down the Advanced Fatigue module in the editor and set it to disabled. ACE settings on  BMR Insurgency ACE version is entirely determined by editor module settings. Some other more cumbersome methods to disable fatigue can be found here.

@Normal Norm

And everyone else, The official release will be announced when I've finished updating and creating all versions.

I'm mostly done with base code now. All that is left it to Make one of the large CUP choppers compatible with delivery objective.

I've recreated the Fallujah version and have also made a CUP required Fallujah version with full CUP support. This one is awesome and is the truest representation of this mission so far.

Here is link to 1.47 Malden release canidate. Further changes only have to do with CUP unless more problems are found.

Fallujah makeover peek.

1.47rc1.Malden

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Jigsor said:

@Mike Ciuffoletti

Good job narrowing the mod problem down. I assume you've tried RHS mods without Project Opfor mod. I'm not having the one shot problem you experience on our moded dedicated server. We don't use Project Opfor mod. Lobby mission parameter "Damage Multiplier (Effective hit on Player) - not used when ACE3 mod is loaded" does seem to help negate the problem. On RHS versions the default is is set to 60%. Check that or try increasing it to see a difference. Also have a look at this page. There is a  Config Parameter reducedDamage to  Decreases damage dealt to the player and members of his group.

\

Alrighty.  I will keep trying to figure it out.  I appreciate the assistance and responses!!  I will update if I am able to reduce it.  Thanks!

EDIT: Looks like the "Reduced Damage" Option helped.  Back to normal.  I also disabled project opfor, so that may be another factor.  Anyways, thanks for helping!!

Malden rc1 link above reuploaded with base code update.

Im pretty sure you have your hands busy as it is, but do you know another map which I think this would be cool on?  Chernarus winter.  Dont think I have ever encountered an insurgency mission in the snow before

EDIT: Doh I have just discovered Kapf winter.  

tested the latest malden RC with a few buddies. Only real issue I had were the jets on the carrier. All besides one were glichting into the deck which rendered them unusable as they would not move.

My SL noticed a function to put down a FOB but was not able to do so; might have been due to us not fully understanding the mechanic behind it.

Also it is very unfortunate that there is no way to save your progress. It is quite tough to make a meaningfull progress in one session with a small group. I believe you stated somewhere in this thread it was not possible for you to provide a save feature.

On 8/25/2017 at 7:01 AM, missverstanden said:

tested the latest malden RC with a few buddies. Only real issue I had were the jets on the carrier. All besides one were glichting into the deck which rendered them unusable as they would not move.

My SL noticed a function to put down a FOB but was not able to do so; might have been due to us not fully understanding the mechanic behind it.

Also it is very unfortunate that there is no way to save your progress. It is quite tough to make a meaningfull progress in one session with a small group. I believe you stated somewhere in this thread it was not possible for you to provide a save feature.

Jets falling through deck is an Arma 3 engine bug and reported to be fixed in Dev branch. There is nothing  I can do about this and it happens on any mission.

Until BIS fixes it I found if you get in jet and do not figit with any controls then move forward, all is fine. If you then get out it will fall through. You must blow it up to force respawn when this happens.

To deploy FOB, Only An engineer can and needs a repair truck or Bobcat nearby.

I recommend to trash the RC version. I found a game killer in new code of mortar squad mission. Get the new final 1.47 version from github links on first page. I've updated most of the variants now but was waiting for announcement once all were done.

Save progress feature did not make it to version 1.47. possibly next version.

Thanks for the feedback.

On 8/4/2017 at 9:11 PM, Jigsor said:

I'm mostly done with base code now. All that is left it to Make one of the large CUP choppers compatible with delivery objective.

Did you manage to do this, if so, what chopper was it and will that objective complete if the container is delivered through other means?  (sling load or logistics from another mod for example)

42 minutes ago, DPM said:

Did you manage to do this, if so, what chopper was it and will that objective complete if the container is delivered through other means?  (sling load or logistics from another mod for example)

1. Yes, 1.47 base code is done and 26 versions are now up to date. As mentioned above " Get the new final 1.47 version from github links on first page. "

2. "CUP_B_Merlin_HC3A_Armed_GB"

3. No. you must use "Load Cargo" and "Unload Cargo" actions.

• Like 1

Thanks for that and the new Fallujah markers. I'd already got the 1.47 version but apart from the main files I had only merged the markers from the mission.sqm to an American military in a new FOB location setup, hence the chopper not working. Is it a pain in the butt making the chopper compatible, if not can you explain how it's done? (if it is, no need to)

13 hours ago, DPM said:

Thanks for that and the new Fallujah markers. I'd already got the 1.47 version but apart from the main files I had only merged the markers from the mission.sqm to an American military in a new FOB location setup, hence the chopper not working. Is it a pain in the butt making the chopper compatible, if not can you explain how it's done? (if it is, no need to)

BTK/Cargo Drop/Settings_Transporter.sqf line 63
Alter classname.

(_Transporter isKindOf "CUP_B_Merlin_HC3A_Armed_GB") ||

To find some nice attach points in debug console execute

detach Delivery_Box;
Delivery_Box attachTo [MHQ_3,[0,-0.2,2.09]];

Adjust the x,y,z coordinates in command above until no clipping appears and no gunner seats are blocked.

Change if statement with substitute class name and attach coordinates.
BTK/Cargo Drop/Engine.sqf line 716.

// CUP Merlin
if (_Transporter isKindOf "CUP_B_Merlin_HC3A_Armed_GB") then {
	_Object attachTo [_Transporter,[0,-0.2,2.09]];
};

Find ramp animation in config viewer. If names/values differ from below you may need to alter
BTK/Cargo Drop/Engine.sqf line 687

if ((_Transporter isKindOf "rhsusf_CH53E_USMC_D") || (_Transporter isKindOf "rhsusf_CH53E_USMC_W")) then {
	_Transporter animateDoor ["ramp_bottom", 1];
}else{
	_Transporter animateDoor ["CargoRamp_Open", 1];
};

That should be all.

• Like 1

Hi Jigsor, great mission mate. I was wondering, how are Bastion grids set up? 

I've set them up in OpenMe.sqf and when I enter they spawn waves which is great. However, as soon as I leave the grid I get rpt errors and all the ai despawn. Then when I re-enter the grid to recapture it nothing happens. 

Cheers

BMR_Insurgency_v1_47 released.

Malden and Lythium now supported.

Four new scenarios added: Fallujah CUP, Malden, Malden RHS, Lythium and Lythium FFAA

Fallujah versions have a new grid rebuild.

Fallujah CUP is about as close as it gets to the original Arma 2 Fallujah Insurgency.

This version is for me was my fave in Arma 2. This is where Insurgency game mode came from and where hunting ammo caches began.

Its is a close to a Battle of Fallujah 2 recreation that we may ever see in Arma. (bloodiest US battle since Vietnam).

This update mainly focuses on some polishing and not so much on new features though the are some.

I've tried to document as much as I could all code that is in the editor such as vehicle/object inits, logics, triggers and various implemented examples of code contained in mission.sqm.

Hopefully this will make it easier for any who wish to modify objects in the editor. 

All missions have been tested and are completely working so none were dropped.

Note Mogadishu and Operation Trebuchet versions currently run in 32 bit arma exe only. If these mods get updated to support 64 bit exe these missions should still work given there are no classname changes.

Mod links and changelog updated on front page.

As the collection has grown to 35 scenarios now and still tons of mod support it is quite a handfull and time consuming keeping these versions updated. I must be nuts.

Some changes have been made to lobby parameter options. I will update the front page to reflect these changes soon.

• Like 2

Hey Jigsor thanks for your great mission. I have enjoyed it over many a year, really top notch.

I'd like to use vme_cycle6's PLA squads as enemies. Would it be too much to ask for an option of that faction? Or could you provide guidance on how to add them myself?

VME PLA mod

Again cheers for all the fun your mission has provided me :)

<O Mauler

P.S.

I got the class names out of the editor.

Spoiler

PLA Inf Squad Woodland

PLA_Soldier_SL_F
PLA_Soldier_TL_F
PLA_Soldier_GL_F
PLA_Soldier_MG_F
PLA_Soldier_HMG_F
PLA_Soldier_AT89B_F
PLA_Soldier_mk_F
PLA_Soldier_Engineer_F
PLA_Soldier_medic_F
PLA_Soldier_AT89A_F
PLA_Soldier_AT_F
PLA_Soldier_F

PLA Inf Squad Desert

PLA_Soldier_TL_HM_F
PLA_Soldier_AT89B_HM_F
PLA_Soldier_HM_GL_F
PLA_Soldier_MG_HM_F
PLA_Soldier_mk_HM_F
PLA_Soldier_Engineer_HM_F
PLA_Soldier_HM_F
PLA_Soldier_AT89A_HM_F
PLA_Soldier_AT_HM_F
PLA_Soldier_HMG_HM_F
PLA_Soldier_HM_F
PLA_Soldier_medic_HM_F

PLA Inf Squad Airborne Woodland

PLA_Soldier_GLA_F
PLA_Soldier_GLA_F
PLA_Soldier_GLA_F
PLA_Soldier_GLA_F
PLA_Soldier_GLA_F
PLA_Soldier_GLA_F
PLA_Soldier_GLA_F
PLA_Soldier_GLA_F
PLA_Soldier_GLA_F
PLA_Soldier_GLA_F
PLA_Soldier_GLA_F
PLA_Soldier_GLA_F

PLA Anti Air Team

PLA_Soldier_TL_F
PLA_Soldier_AA_F
PLA_Soldier_AA_F
PLA_Soldier_AA_F

PLA Recon Team

PLA_Soldier_special
PLA_Soldier_special_2
PLA_Soldier_special_3
PLA_Soldier_special_4

PLA Sniper Team

PLA_Soldier_LR_F
PLA_Soldier_SL_F

PLA Inf Squad (UN)

PLA_Soldier_SL_UN_F
PLA_Soldier_TL_UN_F
PLA_Soldier_GL_UN_F
PLA_Soldier_MG_UN_F
PLA_Soldier_HMG_UN_F
PLA_Soldier_AT89B_UN_F
PLA_Soldier_mk_UN_F
PLA_Soldier_Engineer_UN_F
PLA_Soldier_medic_UN_F
PLA_Soldier_AT89A_UN_F
PLA_Soldier_AT_UN_F
PLA_Soldier_UN_F

Hi man long time, nice to see that you still updating this good mission. I'm running a server in BMR Takistan and i'm wondering why the East unit spawn away from the Airport and also how can i fix that ? I also wondering about one thing i was looking into but can't figure out, is it possible to trigger the markers with helicopter. Thanks man :)

@Mauler, this has been asked before and is something that I need  to make a guide for. I'm working on it now and should be done soon.

@CptDezusa,hello. I don't quit understand first question. Are you reffering to opfor players or AI? Which Airfield north or south? Markers are already triggered by any type of vehicle blufor is in. 

In eos\core\eos_core.sqf   line 45

_actCond="((RedHot <= Max_Act_Gzones) && {{vehicle _x in thisList && isplayer _x && ((getPosATL _x) select 2) < 10} count playableunits > 0})";

10 is trigger height in meters. 10 Is high enough to trigger from 3rd floor of most buildings. Becareful setting it to high as fly overs will activate trigger. Change it to what you like.

• Like 1

Good day, thanks for clearing that out, to my first question, it is when you as a player you spawn outside of the airfield up north. East player sloot, but it's no problem i think.

@CptDezusa

I see, yeah its really not a problem/something that is broke. It is intentional, but if you want to try something then have a t look at this.

center is a pseudo logic placed near center of terrain or near bulk of zones and on land. Do not move this object.

If Opfor player chooses Base from respawn menu then game will try to put him in vicinity of a blufor player that is not at blufor base, not moving to fast in vehicle, not to high and can find a place that is clear enough to avoid putting East player in a rock.
The other respawn menu option is MHQ.
If player chooses base and none or the conditions mentioned above can be met then it defaults to spawning at the center logic. There are a few vehicles on all maps at center.
This could be changed so that the fail safe default position is the Opfor/East's flag pole and is really not a bad idea.

It needs to be changed in 2 scripts:
INSfncs\client_fncs.sqf line 581 and
scripts\MoveOp4Base.sqf line 72

change

// Move Op4 Base to center
	_centerPos = getPosATL center;

to

// Move Op4 Base to flagpole
	_centerPos = getPosATL INS_Op4_flag;

• Like 2

Hi!
What would I need to change in order for my team to use this as Russia (opfor) against insurgents (Independent)? Is it possible? We primarily use RHS.

@Jigsor, Great news , thanks for your efforts and I await said guide! Cheers.

<O Mauler.