Hello,

since version 1.60 from Arma3, no more respawn, i have black screen, all i can do is ctrl + alt + sup...

Do you have same problem ?

No problems with respawn here.

Hi i am running BMR Diyala on my server and its normal the respawn for me, only problem i got now it's that i don't have no more intro music after the update.

Be sure to check audio options in main meu and turn up the music slider.

I have Stratis open in Editor and when I go to preview it I get all sorts of odd errors like fnc_animal something and some sidemission script errors..thought it was maybe I did something when I edited the base but tried a vanilla one open in the editor and got the same thing..I assume it has to do with the new 1.60 update..anyone else getting odd errors other than respawn?

Diesel

It sounds like you are running in debug mode. v 1.45alpha has new feature that shows current running scripts/functions and fsms/current line number ect. in chat box. The fnc_animal is always running when environment is not disabled. Its an engine script. This report includes not only mission scripts but engine scripts aswell. This one new feature has helped me tremendously at debugging and writing this mission. These are not error reports.

Good day, where do i change the point of the intel when we grab it ? Thanks.

I've added Global INS_maxClueDis in INS_definitions.sqf. It defines maximum distance from ammo cache to Intel clue marker. Currently its set at 400 meters. Each clue is a random distance between 10 to 400 meters. Is this what you mean?

So I went in and tested the edited mission in MP and no errors..so maybe because editor doesn't load all the extras it tosses errors..either way It doesn't show up in MP or on the server. So its all good. I am debating running Diyala with Jbad and BMR on my server anyone know how that Map runs?

Diesel

I'd tried Diyala with a friend who was hosting. Its a gorgeous map. It ran ok for the 4 hours we played. Ofcourse it would run better on dedi. It's a version 1.0 and I believe the author maybe working on some foliage optimization and skybox fix for next release. I'm waiting for an update with working steam keys so we can run it on our server. Extremely hard to spot the RHS Russian MSV faction. Their camo blends in so well. A very nicely done terrain.

About black screen respawn 

We have complety reedit our custom mission from original 1.45alpha and it works again... Something went wrong when we updated to 1.60... Dont know what, but it works fine :)

Awsome, glad you got it sorted.

Mission pack updated again on front page. A bazillion tiny optimizations done client and server side. Fixed the CAS GUI error caused by 1.6 patch. Sahrani updated. There was a time when I thought the mission/code could only get bigger.

• Like 2

Hi sir, thanks for your response, about the intel i mean when i taking it i get 2 points i will grab it and i get 7 points.

Hi sir, thanks for your response, about the intel i mean when i taking it i get 2 points i will grab it and i get 7 points.

I see, In INSfncs\client_fncs.sqf JIG_intel_found you would change     _pScore = 2; to     _pScore = 7;

I just found a typo in this function made in release this morning. I have corrected and updated mission pack again.

• Like 2

@diesel tech

Diyala runs fine on BMR. The only issue is how you place some of the AI spawn points on the map. The map has a canal that runs on the west side and AI get stupid and get stuck  and cant get over it. The map maker needs to create more bridges to get over river/canal but it still works well.

The map currently needs the 1.60 lighting update as well. The skyline is currently black from the arma 3 1.60 update and the map author is currently updating it.

We have a blast on it when we run BMR on Diyala.

• Like 3

Hi, so i'm getting no radio chatter in cars no more and intro sound. i have modified the mission almost to the fullest but all the scripts is bulletproof so i dont know way this is happening. Can you think of something, i checked at config but that is up to 100%

Captain,
Bulletproof? Not exactly, however the things you mentioned are working here. I do write and test locally then test on our group's server most of the time for alphas and also post link here as to get feedback in case something gets overlooked or escapes a final test.
Lobby parameter "Enable Ambient Vehicle Radio Chatter?" default is now set to No.
Got tired of listening to guys I play with comment on radio sounds being civilian and not military related. Why the engine only has civilian radio chatter and not military is beyond my understanding.
Sound volume for this is not music slider but effects slider I believe. And since these are engine sounds they are not defined and are not related to Sounds.hpp. If you could post your edit of Sounds.hpp maybe I can troubleshoot further.

• Like 1

Hi sir, so i took a look at my steps and i found out that if you enable class Audible_AI_radio at the Parameters, the intro sound and the Ambient Vehicle Radio Chatter dose not work. Can you double check that for me, to figure out if it's not only my mission. Thanks.  :) Bulletproof.

Not here to make any requests or suggestions but, it seems Bornholm and Mogadishu are both broken by the new update. I'm assuming those versions will be abandoned correct?

Now that I look, it looks like Bornholm has been abandoned entirely actually. Sad.

Hi sir, so i took a look at my steps and i found out that if you enable class Audible_AI_radio at the Parameters, the intro sound and the Ambient Vehicle Radio Chatter dose not work. Can you double check that for me, to figure out if it's not only my mission. Thanks.  :) Bulletproof.

I've tried all combinations and sound is working fine on both hosted server and dedicated. If you rush through the breifing sometimes  the intro audio is skiped.

Not here to make any requests or suggestions but, it seems Bornholm and Mogadishu are both broken by the new update. I'm assuming those versions will be abandoned correct?

Now that I look, it looks like Bornholm has been abandoned entirely actually. Sad.

v1.45 will include Mogadishu and Bornholm. Other than the broken sky line all else seems to be working. The dark sky line in Mogadishu is not to far off from what it was before the game update. Still a great map. I hope the author's do update. They If not they may get dropped for future releases.

• Like 1

v1.45alpha updated once again. This version includes more optimizations and a few new features.

New features:

1. Admin can create Zeus on the fly.

2. 3D Compass in Helicoptor Gunner View.

3.  You can now set which enemy AI factions are issued NVGs by variable eosFacNVG in INS_definitions.sgf. Default settings - only all regular/major armies are equipped.

5. Masi's African Conflict has been updated and now uses vehicles from @NATO_Rus_Vehicle

4. Support for Middle East Warfare mod using HIGH DISPERSION version units.

Fight against  Masi CSAT Army (major faction) and Middle East Insurgents (minor faction) or

Masi Takistan Army (major faction) and Takistan Insurgents (minor faction)

Requirements :: @CBA_A3;@MiddleEastWarfare;@NATO_Rus_Weapons_CBA;@NATO_Rus_Vehicle

Bornholm updated and added to mission pack.

Load Times at briefing greatly reduced even on large terrains.

I don't use Zeus much so maybe this feature could use some tweaking and or feedback. Should it stay or go? same with 3D compass...

As far as code changes, optimizations, new features ect. I am pretty happy now with how 1.45 has come along and so the next changes before final should only affect mod support unless there is a problem or feature request for Zeus.

I will concentrate solely on that to try and get this finished before Tanoa is on stable.

Tanoa will probably force a split in the development of this mission so 1.45 final will be before Tanoa and a Tanoa version will be released very soon after Apex July 11.

Front page for alpha download and full changelog.

• Like 2

Thanks, i can hear the intro music now for some time and it working great, always willing to try out your new mission update. If you can give me the filename that has changed so i can put it over to my mission i will like that. I have a lot of script that i have added and will be so fucking hard to figure out all of this again.  :) Thanks for your mision it's the only one i'm looking forward to for Tanoa.

Hi i'm wondering if you can help me out. Im have set the weather to real time and fast time skip, but i don't want the rain is it anything i can do to not have rain or not so often ?

CptDezusa,

If you are referring to Real Weather lobby option then try this.

In scripts\real_weather.sqf line 140 change

_rain = random 1;

to

_rain = random 0.7;

for seldom or lighter rain. I believe if the value is less than 0.6 then maybe it will not rain anymore but is not tested. Please let me know if you notice a difference. Thank you.

• Like 1

Thanks alot for creating this! Been running the previous 1.44/1.45Alpha versions (Altis, no mods) on a small server for a couple weeks now and everyone has a great time. Keep up the good work! :)

• Like 1

Todos/WIP for v1.45

1. Integration of other faction choices from CUP, RHS

3. Update more class names/content/mod detection and activation for supported mods.

Does this mean that 1.45 might also support RHS:GREF Nationalist faction?

This would be awesome!

Actually I was hoping to play this with RHS:GREF on the Saint Kapaulio terrain.

Did you consider including Saint Kapaulio in the future?

Is there a way to make the enemies spawn in with a helicopter while still in the air?

• Like 1

CptDezusa,

If you are referring to Real Weather lobby option then try this.

In scripts\real_weather.sqf line 140 change

_rain = random 1;

to

_rain = random 0.7;

for seldom or lighter rain. I believe if the value is less than 0.6 then maybe it will not rain anymore but is not tested. Please let me know if you notice a difference. Thank you.

Good day, so i try to take a look at that but it still rain when i change it to 0.5 just to try it out, i will still take a look at it to see if it will change on another number. Thanks.

Thanks alot for creating this! Been running the previous 1.44/1.45Alpha versions (Altis, no mods) on a small server for a couple weeks now and everyone has a great time. Keep up the good work! :)

Will do!. Thank you for playing bud.

Does this mean that 1.45 might also support RHS:GREF Nationalist faction?

This would be awesome!

Actually I was hoping to play this with RHS:GREF on the Saint Kapaulio terrain.

Did you consider including Saint Kapaulio in the future?

Yes I already have RHS GREF addition completed. Chenarus Ground Forces (Major Faction) combined with  Nationalist Troops (Minor Faction). Downloading Saint Kapaulio terrain now. Looks good. I will check it out. I didn't know it was now available for public. No guarantees it will make 1.45 or any version yet. We'll see. I hope to have 1.45 final before July 11 and will probably have 1 more alpha available for test very soon.

Is there a way to make the enemies spawn in with a helicopter while still in the air?

Sorry I don't understand the question. There is already an Air patrole and it is possible to have gridzones with helo drop off by making ajustment to EOS call line in eos\OpenMe.sqf Make sure there is clear area in grid marker for helo and here is an example call line though many time they just jump to their death.

null = [["mrkr49"],[0,0],[0,0],[0,0],[0],[0],[1,3],[_fac1,0,AI_SpawnDis,_side,true]] call EOS_Spawn;

Good day, so i try to take a look at that but it still rain when i change it to 0.5 just to try it out, i will still take a look at it to see if it will change on another number. Thanks.

Ok this does not account for the first weather cycle so you may have to wait 20 or more minutes until this takes affect...

Not sure yet how to adjust for initial weather cycle.

• Like 1

Yes I already have RHS GREF addition completed. Chenarus Ground Forces (Major Faction) combined with Nationalist Troops (Minor Faction). Downloading Saint Kapaulio terrain now. Looks good. I will check it out. I didn't know it was now available for public. No guarantees it will make 1.45 or any version yet. We'll see. I hope to have 1.45 final before July 11 and will probably have 1 more alpha available for test very soon.

That is awesome. They will even make for a good opfor on Bornholm. I am getting slowly tired of all the middle east maps. So saint Kapaulio will be a very welcome variance.

Thanks a lot for this and all your well done work with this mission!

Sorry I don't understand the question. There is already an Air patrole and it is possible to have gridzones with helo drop off by making ajustment to EOS call line in eos\OpenMe.sqf Make sure there is clear area in grid marker for helo and here is an example call line though many time they just jump to their death.

null = [["mrkr49"],[0,0],[0,0],[0,0],[0],[0],[1,3],[_fac1,0,AI_SpawnDis,_side,true]] call EOS_Spawn;

i'm extremely new to all of this. What I want to be able to do is fly over a town that has the grid squares that are actively occupied by enemies and them spawn in down below. Currently they do not spawn in until I land in the helicopter. Also The above text is a different language than I speak so if there's anyway you could break it down a bit for me that'd be great! I currently host my own server via internet that's password protected so my buddies and I can play it. 

i'm extremely new to all of this. What I want to be able to do is fly over a town that has the grid squares that are actively occupied by enemies and them spawn in down below. Currently they do not spawn in until I land in the helicopter. Also The above text is a different language than I speak so if there's anyway you could break it down a bit for me that'd be great! I currently host my own server via internet that's password protected so my buddies and I can play it.

Ah Ceal3, I understand now.

In eos\eos_core.sqf 10 in the following line refers to height limit in meters. Just change it to a higher number.

if (_heightLimit) then {
        _actCond="((RedHot <= Max_Act_Gzones) && {{vehicle _x in thisList && isplayer _x && ((getPosATL _x) select 2) < 10} count playableunits > 0})";
    }else{
  • Like 1

Ah Ceal3, I understand now.

In eos\eos_core.sqf 10 in the following line refers to height limit in meters. Just change it to a higher number.

if (_heightLimit) then {
        _actCond="((RedHot <= Max_Act_Gzones) && {{vehicle _x in thisList && isplayer _x && ((getPosATL _x) select 2) < 10} count playableunits > 0})";
    }else{

Where exactly do i find the file to do this. Like I said i'm very new to this.

Ceal3 please only make posts here relating to this mission and not general editing. Sorry man, but if you look around these forums or even read older posts in this thread you will find I have already addressed and answered all your questions.

I have a question involving ACE.

I see it has ACE support, but how does the reviving work? For some reason on our server units are either A: unkillable but also unable to be brought out of unconsciousness, or B: Die immediately with no chance of an actual revive.

Is there a certain thing I need to set the revive option in the parameters to? 

Thanks.

Only issue I have with cup is that the quality of the weapon/vehicle models is nowhere near RHS. That's the main reason why I always try to circumvent mods that use RHS weapons. If I have to use a mod faction that uses cup weapons, I always load the NIArms weapons as well to at least have quality weapon models for the players.