1st thanks for this mission, so far best insurgency out there.

i tried to port this mission to CUP terrains (edited the mission.sqm) so far so good, takistan running flawless, but no matter what i didn't get the headless client working.

9:35:21  > Player headlessclient connected
 9:35:21  > You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.camisc_e, camisc3, aia_misc_e_config, CAMisc, aia_misc_config, aia_misc3_config, cup_takistan_config

any hints on this?

edit: fixed it by myself (missing quotes @mod folder): C:\games\a3server\arma3server.exe -client -connect=127.0.0.1 -password=XXXXXX "-mod=@CBA_A3;@CUP Terrains - Core;@CUP Terrains - Maps;@CUP Units;@CUP Vehicles;@CUP Weapons" works so far

any hints to change the opposite faction using CUP units (takistani army etc) instead of CSAT/AAF without another bunch of mods ?

another question are there any plans to port your mission to CUP instead of abandoned AiA/A3MP?

blazedone,

The Enemy air patrol aircraft will not use moded content. There is some unused code in the mission I experimented with that is blocked from being used which would handle some moded airpatrol, but chose to leave it as A3 content only because of to many problems when AI use modded aircraft. Sometimes they crash more frequently, do not use all weapon systems and many other quirks that may be unique to each type.
I do not know which mods you need to remove, add or update. I would have a better clue if you could provide logs.
In addition to these mod combos add CBA and terrain mod(s) ahead of one of these combos.
For mod order its not usually important but a good practice to start with CBA, terrain, terrain dependencies, unit mod, unit dependencies (these may include 3rd party weapon and vehicle mods or be all inclusive), optional ASR AI3.
If you use ASR AI it only needs to run on server and also headless client if using HC. On dedicated, Server.cfg. allowedFilePatching=2 and -filePatching launch parameter will be required to use ASR AI since patch A3 1.54
An alternative to some terrain troubles would be to try flyingcoyotus's suggestion in post #348 and edit mission to use Cup terrains.
Setting up the mods can be a huge pain but so satisfying once you do get it set up. I still recommend trying RHS with no other mods on altis then add leights on Altis then add a terrain. Basically add mods + dependencies one at a time. 

Update on this:

I spent some time last night trying some of your recommendations and reading up on the individual mods installation methods. I noticed in the LOP mod, the author recommended putting mods into a separate folder of their own. After doing this and sorting the LOP mod to load first, then RHS, then AiATP, I played for about 3 hours without noticing a single issue. No more vehicles or infantry under terrain. All reward/mod vehicles were accessible at all times, etc. Purring like a kitten basically.

So, hopefully this is the end of my issues. Thanks jigsor :cheers:

ss9,

"My bad, it says it in 2 spots"

Glad you got it sorted.

You really only need to remove or comment the 2 lines I mentioned before.

There is another function that is called by server at mission start that also adds enemy AI NGVs

// init_server.sqf

[] spawn opfor_NVG;

This only has affect on Enemy AI that are not spawned dynamically but rather placed in editor and exist at mission start.

By default in official release there are no enemy AI that exist on mission start.

Please SS9, I don't mind a rerelease/custom version of this mission, but could you change/addto the name of the Takistan release to something unique instead of using official released mission name?

BMR_Insurgency_v1.44.Takistan (official mission release name)

BMR_Insurgency_v1.44_SS9.Takistan (a modified release name) - this is fine.

It could be confusing for some and if someone asked for help with version (BMR_Insurgency_v1.44.Takistan) there could be inconsistencies that would make it difficult for me to support.

Thank You.

yxman,

Thank you for playing and glad you enjoy it.

Thats awesome that you have this mission running with HC. For ultimate live action I recommend using ASR_AI3 on server and HC.

1."any hints to change the opposite faction using CUP units (takistani army etc) instead of CSAT/AAF without another bunch of mods ?"

Post #112 covers how to add unit/faction combo mods.

The section in init.sqf containing

if ((isClass(configFile >> "cfgPatches" >> "cup_faction_mod"))......

Is only necessary if you want to keep mods optional.

otherwise only eos script execution and passed parameters is required.

[EAST,15,15]execVM "eos\OpenMe.sqf";

and mod will be activated by traditional means (placing units/vehicles in editor) wich adds hard required mod entries to mission.sqm's

addOns[]=

{

and

addOnsAuto[]=

{

One method to keep it optional is to create a blank mission, add the opposing units/faction and vehicles anywhere in the editor and save mission.

The new mission.sqm now contains the required addons entries.

In the BMR mission you can devise the if statement above that checks that these mod entries exists on machine -

if (isClass(configFile >> "cfgPatches" >> "cup_faction_mod"))...then {activate the addons. and execute eos accordingly.}.

2."another question are there any plans to port your mission to CUP instead of abandoned AiA/A3MP?"

I most most likely will though it may not be any time soon. Cup terrains was still in beta/RC and the rest of cup was somewhat still in infancy when I pushed the v1.44 release, but yeah tons of content in CUP. I love it.

blazedone,

Sweet man, Let the killing begin!

• Like 1

thx for the help, keep up the good work jigsor! :)

blazedone,

Sweet man, Let the killing begin!

Indeed. I absolutely love the F-22A. I'm still learning to land it safely. :ph34r:

I'm anxious to let my friends get at it though. It will be a nice change from what I've experienced troubleshooting.

The only error I have now is out of memory error. I've gone through all the basics I think on troubleshooting that one. But, It usually remains in persistent setting for 3-4 days time on my virtual machine before the out of memory error occurs.

Hi, How do your deliver the crate in one of the tasks?

We managed to get the large red crate to the marked location.

• Like 1

@blazedone,

Does this only happen with this mission or are you able to run other missions just as long without problems? Could be an issue outside of mission?

@ss9,

Thanks Mate.

@ravenbb,

The Pilot must use "Load Cargo" action on MHQ_3 Mohawk then get in as driver and start the engine.

A confimation hint will appear "MHQ_3 cargo loaded and engines on. Clear for dust off". At this point delivery location defences spawn.

@frostie12345,

At mission start the server admin or local host can change the faction options through parameters button in the main lobby.

There are two options requiring no mods and the other otions require the listed mods installed on client and server.

Parameter for supported factions: Opposing Army/Mod Initialization

CSAT - Requirements :: None

AAF - Requirements :: None

Africian Rebel Army and Armed African Civilian Rebel supporters - Requirements :: @african_conflict;@nato_russian_sf_weapons

CAF Aggressors - Requirements :: @caf_ag1.5

Islamic State of Takistan/Sahrani and Afghan Militia - Requirements :: @leights_opfor;@rhs_afrf3;@rhs_usf3;

Syrian Arab Army and Al Qaida - Requirements :: @mec;@cup;@asdg_jr;@rds;@rds_tank;@cha_mi24

Taliban and Islamic State - Requirements :: @mec;@cup;@asdg_jr;@rds;@rds_tank;@cha_mi24

Hamas and Hezbollah - Requirements :: @mec;@cup;@asdg_jr;@rds;@rds_tank;@cha_mi24

Sud Russians - Requirements :: @evw;@rds

RHS Armed Forces of the Russian Federation - Requirements :: @rhs_afrf3

Syrian Arab Army and Islamic State - Requirements :: @iraqi_syrian_conflict;@cup_weapons;@mas_nato_rus_sf_veh;@rhs_afrf3;@rhs_usf3

and @CBA_A3 in addition if using any mods.

Hey Jigsor,

Just wanted to say we love all the new updates and fixes, looking very solid and we are getting hours of fantastic game play out of the new maps like Rayak.

Love the new AI Halo, the easy loadout save, and the heli taxi is working solid!

I recently played some missions on the UNSUNG Vietnam MOD/MAP and wondered if you were considering doing a BMR mission on this? 

It's pretty cool going back to 1968 and doing some serious jungle warfare with iron sights. The Air Cav and Nam mod makes it even more real.   ; )

Anyways, many thanks for all you do and I will be interested to hear your plans on this?

Thanks,

-Bobby Rock

Hello bobbyrock and welcome to the forums.

Glad you enjoy the mission and it sounds like you have seen this mission evolve throughout updates so thanks for the positive feedback.

I had a blast with Unsung A2. That mod and pracs 1 were the first all inclusive mods that sucked me into playing moded in the old days. So yeah, I have a sweet spot and appreciation for it still. I'd love to get this mission compatible as an option with Unsung mod though it could be sometime before this happens. This mission requires maps that have plenty of enterable structures. Hopefully Unsung will eventually finish porting their mod with all vehicles and terrains to be able to chose the best terrain and not have to update the mission every time new vehicle content/porting from A2 is completed.

No guarantees, but I will be following Unsung.

Thanks again.

Hello bobbyrock and welcome to the forums.
Glad you enjoy the mission and it sounds like you have seen this mission evolve throughout updates so thanks for the positive feedback.
I had a blast with Unsung A2. That mod and pracs 1 were the first all inclusive mods that sucked me into playing moded in the old days. So yeah, I have a sweet spot and appreciation for it still. I'd love to get this mission compatible as an option with Unsung mod though it could be sometime before this happens. This mission requires maps that have plenty of enterable structures. Hopefully Unsung will eventually finish porting their mod with all vehicles and terrains to be able to chose the best terrain and not have to update the mission every time new vehicle content/porting from A2 is completed.
No guarantees, but I will be following Unsung.
Thanks again.

Hey Jigsor,

Yeah, i can see UNSUNG has a ways to go to polish up some stuff.  Thanks for the info and I will be watching too.  The reason I asked is, the missions out there are lacking in one area or another.  What mission do you like on UNSUNG ?

Thanks,

-Bobby

Hello,

We play Takistan and Stratis and notice that the Delivery Mission doesnt work anymore.

I tried it with the editor by uncomment the line test, same thing, the mission doesnt start:

// uncomment the following lines one at a time to test individual missions
//_objsel = objective_list select 0;// test "comms_tower"
//_objsel = objective_list select 1;// test "kill_leader"
//_objsel = objective_list select 2;// test "rescue_pilot"
//_objsel = objective_list select 3;// test "cut_power"
//_objsel = objective_list select 4;// test "mine_field"
_objsel = objective_list select 5;// test "deliver_supplies"
//_objsel = objective_list select 6;// test "destroy_convoy"
//_objsel = objective_list select 7;// test "destroy_armed_convoy"
//_objsel = objective_list select 8;// test "destroy_mortar_squad"
//_objsel = objective_list select 9;// test "c_n_h"
//_objsel = objective_list select 10;// test "destroy_roadblock"

Any idea ??

I would like to know where to lower opening parachute for Ai_Halo :)

Thanks 

Hello guys, 

my name is rckiller from a portuguese comunity... 

we have a problem with compatiblity between BRM insurgency and Task Force Radio... Any help on that?

Wow it's 2016 and you still need to use scripts like these:

INS_p_time      =        (paramsArray select 1);

Ok, here's how to do it properly:

//Make all Params into variables with the same name.
if (isNil "paramsArray") then {
    if (isClass (missionConfigFile/"Params")) then {
        for "_i" from 0 to (count (missionConfigFile/"Params") - 1) do {
            _paramName = configName ((missionConfigFile >> "Params") select _i);
            missionNamespace setVariable [_paramName, getNumber (missionConfigFile >> "Params" >> _paramName >> "default")];
        };
    };
} else {
    for "_i" from 0 to (count paramsArray - 1) do {
        missionNamespace setVariable [configName ((missionConfigFile >> "Params") select _i), paramsArray select _i];
    };
};

The code above will take the class name of every parameter and make it into a variable with the same name that can be accessed later. Only problem is that the code needs to be run before any script refers to the parameters.

Also format your code as Allman ANSI or Python or Java style, but not ALL AT THE SAME TIME IN THE SAME DOCUMENT!

Jigsor has put a lot of time into this mission, some code may be old and not updated but at least it works! There is no proper way of doing something imo, there are differents ways though.

Also format your code as Allman ANSI or Python or Java style, but not ALL AT THE SAME TIME IN THE SAME DOCUMENT!

What do you mean? If you're talking about code indentation then I am sure that he already does this.

Wow it's 2016 and you still need to use scripts like these:

INS_p_time      =        (paramsArray select 1);

Ok, here's how to do it properly:

//Make all Params into variables with the same name.
if (isNil "paramsArray") then {
    if (isClass (missionConfigFile/"Params")) then {
        for "_i" from 0 to (count (missionConfigFile/"Params") - 1) do {
            _paramName = configName ((missionConfigFile >> "Params") select _i);
            missionNamespace setVariable [_paramName, getNumber (missionConfigFile >> "Params" >> _paramName >> "default")];
        };
    };
} else {
    for "_i" from 0 to (count paramsArray - 1) do {
        missionNamespace setVariable [configName ((missionConfigFile >> "Params") select _i), paramsArray select _i];
    };
};

The code above will take the class name of every parameter and make it into a variable with the same name that can be accessed later. Only problem is that the code needs to be run before any script refers to the parameters.

Are you serious?  Go somewhere else and act the "Know It All"  How do you even know your solution will even work given the extreme complexity of all the things happening in this mission.  Geez dude.  Where is your missions at? Like this one with all the stuff happening in it all working together...? Honey gets the sweet bees.  Shit gets you nasty fly's.

Can  I just add:

ajax420 - This is not mossarelli's code. It was taken from here or another mission.

Not sure if this is still live, but, after disabling the intro, all players get a black screen after 5 seconds of being spawned (where the intro would normally trigger)

Not sure if this is still live, but, after disabling the intro, all players get a black screen after 5 seconds of being spawned (where the intro would normally trigger)

The intro needs to be in the mission so everything loads properly I think..I saw someone else ask the same question a few pages back.

Diesel

Hello guys, 

my name is rckiller from a portuguese comunity... 

we have a problem with compatiblity between BRM insurgency and Task Force Radio... Any help on that?

Hi rckiller, I had the same problem with TFAR.

You can fix it if you comment or delete the following lines on init_player.sqf

//Line 120-135
/*
{
_event = _x;
_namespaceId = "BIS_stackedEventHandlers_";
_namespaceEvent = _namespaceId + _event;
_data = missionNameSpace getVariable [_namespaceEvent, []];
{
private ["_itemId","_allowed"];
_allowed = _data select count _data -1 select 0;
if (_allowed in StackedEHkeysWhiteList) then {
_data deleteAt count _data -1;
}else{
_itemId = [_x, 0, "", [""]] call BIS_fnc_param;
[_itemId,_event] call bis_fnc_removeStackedEventHandler;
};
} foreach _data;
} forEach ["oneachframe", "onpreloadstarted", "onpreloadfinished", "onmapsingleclick", "onplayerconnected", "onplayerdisconnected"];
*/

Hey Jigsor,

If I wanted to add RHS or CUP units to the AI Recruit List do i just add the soldier classes to this file?    recruitable_units_static

Thanks!!!

**** UPDATE****

I saw that you allow sub class of the player to recruit like units.  So I just changed the player in the editor to be what class and faction I wanted.  Then I lost the CAS ability.  So i dug some more and found the file that controls this and added the soldier class name to this list and boom, got the MARPAT soldier with same recruit-able units and also have the CAS.  I solved my own problem after digging and I wanted to post in case it helps others.  I did have one question, have you converted this to the EDEN editor yet?  Just wondered because I don't want to edit in EDEN and then break it.  I have just been using the 2d editor for now.

Thanks again for a AWESOME mission Jigsor, your hard work is much appreciated.

is there any way to make the enhanced movement mod works with this mission?

is there any way to make the enhanced movement mod works with this mission?

Just the same as in post #382 described, you have to comment out lines 120 to 135 in the init_player.sqf!

How do I change the JIP parameters when running BMR on a dedicated server?  I can change them when hosting the mission on a client machine, but it won't let me edit the JIP parameters when hosted on my dedicated server.  I've logged in as admin to no avail.

Hi, is anyone else having problems with task force radio on this map?

The radio loads up, but the talk range, the fading in and out is not working, everyone always can be heard globally

its just on this map, so im not sure if im doing something wrong or if its just the map that has the issue?

please help :(