I cannot figure out how to disable the revive script, I have tried changing the parameters in the .pbo with Notepad++

I have tried changing the #include "=BTC=_revive\=BTC=_respawn.h" to

#disable "=BTC=_revive\=BTC=_respawn.h"

and

#exclude "=BTC=_revive\=BTC=_respawn.h"

but whenever I die in game it still puts me in the revive state.

Thank you.

Hi,

I like mission, but i'm running into problems trying it. 

The respawn system is buggy. When someone gets revived, he loses all his gear and reverts to the intial gear he had upon entering the server. It's very frustrating.

Also, whenever i want to chose a different kind of enemy in the missions parameters ( because green soldiers in zargabad seems funny to me) all the grids become black and no enemy spawns. 

Is there something I can do to fix this ? 

• Like 1

@gman2900 - Yes, they are.

@darthun - Go to the ammo box located in the main base and select the "Save Loadout" option.

The black zones usually means that someone/you don't have that faction mod enabled or maybe it's not running on the server. This only happens with modded factions and not with the vanilla ones such as CSAT/AAF.

1. BMR_Insurgency_v1_43.Altis
Required mods:
None

2. BMR_Insurgency_v1.43.Stratis
Required mods:
None

3. BMR_Insurgency_v1_43.Kunduz
Required mods:
-mod=@prkz

4. BMR_Insurgency_v1.43.Bornholm
Required mods:
-mod=@Bornholm

5. BMR_Insurgency_v1.43.Zargabad
Required mods:
-mod=@CBA_A3;@AllInArmaTerrainPack

6. BMR_Insurgency_v1.43.Takistan
Required mods:
-mod=@CBA_A3;@AllInArmaTerrainPack

7. BMR_Insurgency_v1.43.Fata
Required mods:
-mod=@CBA_A3;@AllInArmaTerrainPack;@fata_a3

8. BMR_Insurgency_v1_43.smd_sahrani_a3
Required mods:
-mod=@CBA_A3;@AllInArmaTerrainPack;@smd_a3

9. BMR_Insurgency_v1.43_a3mp.fallujah
Required mods:
-mod=@CBA_A3;@A3MP;@a3mp_ap;@fallujah1_2

10. BMR_Insurgency_v1.43_aia.fallujah
Required mods:
-mod=@CBA_A3;@AllInArmaTerrainPack@fallujah1_2

11. BMR_Insurgency_v1.43.pja305
Required mods:
-mod=@CBA_A3;@AllInArmaTerrainPack;@nziwasogo

12. BMR_Insurgency_v1.43.pja310
Required mods:
-mod=@CBA_A3;@AllInArmaTerrainPack;@fsf_al_rayak

The following optional mod combinations are detected and activated in mission depending on loby parameter
"Opposing Army/Mod Initialization" and Arma 3 Startup parameter -mod= to activate:

CSAT - Requirements : None.
AAF - Requirements : None.
Africian Rebel Army and Armed African Civilian Rebel supporters - Requirements : @african_conflict;@nato_russian_sf_weapons.
CAF Aggressors - Requirements : @caf_ag1.5.
Islamic State of Takistan/Sahrani and Afghan Militia - Requirements : @rhs_afrf3;@rhs_usf3;@leights_opfor.
Syrian Arab Army and Al Qaida - Requirements :@mec;@cup;@asdg_jr;@rds;@rds_tank;@cha_mi24.
Taliban and Islamic State - Requirements :@mec;@cup;@asdg_jr;@rds;@rds_tank;@cha_mi24.
Hamas and Hezbollah - Requirements :@mec;@cup;@asdg_jr;@rds;@rds_tank;@cha_mi24.
Sud Russians - Requirements :@evw;@rds,
RHS Armed Forces of the Russian Federation - Requirements : @rhs_afrf3.
Syrian Arab Army and Islamic State - Requirements : @iraqi_syrian_conflict;@cup_weapons;@asdg_jr;@mas_nato_rus_sf_veh.

All mods require Community Base addons A3

Recommended additional mods for head dress variation:@hiddenidentitypack
Recommended additional mods for AI behavior: @asr_ai3; This mod can run server side only to keep dependencies down.

• Like 1

Plan on hosting a server with this mission when I find a good deal for a reliable server box and the money to get a few months of hosting prepaid. My only question is, is there a gear script in the mission to limit/restrict weapons to specific classes, or will I have to do that myself? Either way is fine, as I know of a couple gear scripts at should work.

Another question is can you choose the gear for the spawned enemy soldiers based on their class? Or limit only specific classes to spawn?

Also, ACE3 and TFAR supported or no?

Man what ashame, these missions would of rocked if even "one was made" for CTI/Warfare mode!!!

Is it possible to save the parameters, rather than changing them everytime i restart my dedi.

Running this on my dedi,  works perfect,   Will leave it runnin for a few weeks,  

Keep up the good work

Put this in your server config and change the numbers to what you want. You'll need to open up the mission to see what values can be used and what not.

class Missions {
class BMR_INS {
template = "BMR_Insurgency_v1_43.Altis";
difficulty = "veteran";
class Params {
INS_b_time = 8;
init_JIP_weather = 0;
radio_chatter = 1;
combat_sounds = 1;
grass_tog = 0;
enviroment_tog = 1;
BTC_revive_system = 5;
INS_revive_time = 600;
INS_enemy_army = 2;
infantry_chance = 100;
armor_chance = 100;
AI_spawn_Dis = 600;
Enemy_Air = 1;
AiAirRespawn = 1800;
patrolewpmod = 1;
BTC_set_ai_skill = 1;
BTC_AI_accuracy = 4;
amb_mobile_civs = 1;
amb_foot_civs = 1;
foot_civs_chance = 50;
sst_bomber = 1;
INS_logistics = 1;
can_fatigue = 0;
damage_multiplier = 3;
init_JIG_EX = 1;
3rd_person = 0;
INS_recuitable_AI = 8;
init_ammo_caches = 1;
intel_locations = 1;
intel_ratio = 4;
INS_editor_debug = 0;
tky_perfmon = 0;
};
};
};

Nice missions though, the mission BMR_Insurgency on Sahrani crashes during the mission intro.

that's the modpath i use: -mod=@CBA_A3;@AllInArmaTerrainPack;@smd_a3;@RHSAFRF;@RHSUSAF -nosplash

radio chatter for AI squad members is deactivated when giving them orders. is it possible to activate it in your missions?

Hellfreeza00,

This is a new known issue of smd sahrani mod introduced with last Arma 3 patch I believe. Can read about it here. If you like you can try to use Cup terrains instead of AIA terrain pack. Next official BMR Ins release will be using Cup terrains for Sahrani. About the radio chatter. Some want it , some don't so next version will have this as option in lobby parameters. To enable it in version 1.43 remove this line from init_player.sqf.

0 fadeRadio 0;

• Like 1

Hi Jigsor,

thank you for make possible to play this classic ArmA 2 mission to ArmA 3...

Can I modify your map for my clan?

Do you know there is a fix for the HALO?..I can't wait for next updates!!

I changed the vanilla nato vehicles with RHS, so it feel like ArmA 2 OA, 

BUT MY QUESTION IS

What line I have to "\\****;" to delete the tan color of the mhq_3 that I have switched to a chinook(and the hellcat with a venom too)??

keep up the good work,

bye.

ab_luca,
Not sure which halo error you refer to.
Some fixes relating to HALO for upcomming version 1.44 include-
    Fixed: ATM Halo Bad Vehicle Type popup error occurred when HALO jumper did not have a backpack.
    Fixed: Group leader of blufor AI freezing when his AI halo.
    Added: Clause to AI Halo which delays drop start until recruitment que is empty.

If you are referring to the ACE 3 mod and ATM_airdrop script combination bug described here:
https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/issues/1983
You can remove ace_parachute.pbo or maybe try to remove line:
_target action ["OpenParachute", _target];
from atm_airdrop.sqf as described here:
https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/148659-atm-airdrop-a3-beta/page-7

Feel free to edit as you see fit. I only ask to leave script and function headers containing credits intact.
If your version is significantly different from an official release then I recommend you change or add to the mission name something unique distinguishing it from official release.

To remove heli paint job remove these lines-
[MHQ_3] call paint_heli_fnc; and or [_this] call paint_heli_fnc; and or [_veh] call paint_heli_fnc;
every where they appear for that particular heli.
Places these appear are:
vehicle init fields in mission.sqm
init_server.sqf
=BTC=_functions.sqf
delivery.sqf

I hope this helps.

Lots of very good changes and enhancements coming up in next version.

Thank you all  for your patience.

ab_luca,

Not sure which halo error you refer to.

Some fixes relating to HALO for upcomming version 1.44 include-

Fixed: ATM Halo Bad Vehicle Type popup error occurred when HALO jumper did not have a backpack.

Added: Clause to AI Halo which delays drop start until recruitment que is empty.

If you are referring to the ACE 3 mod and ATM_airdrop script combination bug described here:

https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/issues/1983

You can remove ace_parachute.pbo or maybe try to remove line:

_target action ["OpenParachute", _target];

from atm_airdrop.sqf as described here:

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/148659-atm-airdrop-a3-beta/page-7

Feel free to edit as you see fit. I only ask to leave script and function headers containing credits intact.

If your version is significantly different from an official release then I recommend you change or add to the mission name something unique distinguishing it from official release.

To remove heli paint job remove these lines-

[MHQ_3] call paint_heli_fnc; and or [_this] call paint_heli_fnc; and or [_veh] call paint_heli_fnc;

every where they appear for that particular heli.

Places these appear are:

vehicle init fields in mission.sqm

init_server.sqf

=BTC=_functions.sqf

delivery.sqf

I hope this helps.

Lots of very good changes and enhancements coming up in next version.

Thank you all  for your patience.

thank you very much to share some tricks..i did like you said and everything is working like I want...halo jump and RHS original skin of vehicles...of course we players always wait for updates of great map!!

In order to expedite release of v1.44 I need some help.
Version 1.44alpha supports 1 headless client. All enemy spawned by EOS grid system will spawn on headless client if headless client parameter is enabled.
All other AI spawn on server. This includes  Airpatrol, Objective/Tasks AI, Mobile civilians, Foot civilians and suicide bomber.
This build is near completion but the problem we are having is that at some random point (could be hours or days) the headless client stops spawning enemy.
I have been making small changes one at a time then testing with HC.
This problem produces no errors or logs so very hard to trace root cause.
I believe the problem is fixed now, but I could be wrong.
I am looking for groups/individuals who have dedicated server/headless client set up and willing to run the most recent version of mission for several days and provide feedback.
Mr. Ripley has been already been helping extensively with this but it is still slow going with only him and I testing changes made for HC.
So far I have Altis and 2 new terrains (CLafghan and Mogadishu) ported up to v1.44alpha.
If you are interested in helping test/provide feedback of the new build please send me a private message.
Between Mr. Ripley and I we have tried multiple HC implementations ranging from 3rd party load distributed/transferred HC systems and original scripted singular HC with AI spawned on HC instead of transferred.
It does not matter which implementation we used the result was always the same.
Latest change made yesterday may have fixed it but really again the only way to know is run it until bug occurs if it does.

Changelog for new build:

10/19/15
BMR_Insurgency_v1.44alpha
Fixed: Updated Iraqi Syrian Conflict V.5 mod support. Requirements : @iraqi_syrian_conflict;@cup_weapons;@mas_nato_rus_sf_veh;@rhs_afrf3;@rhs_usf3"
Fixed: Was possible for medic's placeable sandbag to be placed underground and loose ability to remove and create another.
Fixed: Bail from chopper not available after CBA update.
Fixed: Taw view distance popup error on first use. Started with A3 patch 1.50.
Fixed: BTC revive flickering message who is near to revive.
Fixed: Recruited AI now can be transported with with Evac Heli.
Fixed: Blufor's deployed farp marker was visible to opfor when JIP.
Fixed: On some terrains bug prevents UGV engine from starting after UAV operator calls in UGV air drop.
Added: Support for 1 headless client.
Added: Mogadishu Map version.
Added: Clafghan Map version.
Added: Helipad lights on blufor and opfor bases.
Added: Some 1x and 2x optics to Op4 supply crate.
Added: Abandoned sandbags placed by medics get deleted when server has no players.
Added: New mission - Road Block.
Added: Lobby parameter to disable audible friendly AI radio.(adversely disables missile lock tone).
Added: Lobby parameter to enable scripted poisonous gas grenades. Yellow hand and GL smoke grenades are Toxic. For immunity wear A3 Heli Crew or Pilot Helmet. Also supports gas masks from Hidden Identity Pack v2 and NATO SF and Russian Spetsnaz Weapons mods.
Added: UAV service repair/refuel/rearm on marker with description "Fixed Wing Repair".
Added: Ability/action to transfer loadouts to other players and recruited AI at blufor base main ammo box.
Added: Russian localization translation. Thanks to macmillan11.
Added: German localization translation. Thanks to Mr.Ripley.
Added: Functionality to delay deactivation of zones when player leaves or dies in trigger area. Modifiable by lobby parameter Thanks to Mr.Ripley and son.
Added: Functionality to limit the number of grid zones simultaneously activated. Modifiable through lobby parameter. Zones with completed activation before limiter was reached will stay activated if using deactivation delay.
Change: Default maximum infantry per zone doubled. Higher concentration within fewer zones possible. With the new simultaneous zone limiter it is possible to avoid bog or crash because of to many AI on server or headless client.
Change: Decreased intensity of ambient combat sounds.
Change: Removed VA Preloader.
Change: Removed all Arsenal actions for opfor players.
Change: Improved less desync on player JIP.
Change: Removed lightning bolt on intro.
Change: Enable saving in Single Player mode (untested).
Change: Increased Font size of mission added actions on Flag Pole, Main Ammo Crates and FARP.
Change: Removed original music clip. Ending now plays nostalgic native quote videos and displays intro banner image to reduce mission size.
Change: Suicide bomber average recurrence frequency slightly reduced.

• Like 1

Is there already a date for the releas?

Edit:

can you please the progress in ARMA profile save so you do not always start over after a restart

Hello,

is it possible to opfor unit to access to virtual arsenal ?

PS: I successfully remove random opfor spawn player by editing init_player.sqf and deleting in (side player == east)

[] spawn {sleep 10; [player] call Op4_spawn_pos;};

@jus61,

No release date yet. When HC bug gets fixed I'll release. Server progress save is something I've not tried to implement yet. Apologies, but It definitely is beyond the scope of next release.

@flyingcoyotus,

Glad you got it sorted. Simplest way to add arsenal to opfor is to add this line to one of the opfor ammo boxes.

this addAction[("<t size='1.5' shadow='2' color='#ff1111'>") + (localize "STR_BMR_open_VA") + "</t>",{["Open",true] call BIS_fnc_arsenal;}];

or add this line under    // Op4 Weapon Box in init_player.sqf

INS_weps_Cbox addAction[("<t size='1.5' shadow='2' color='#ff1111'>") + (localize "STR_BMR_open_VA") + "</t>",{["Open",true] call BIS_fnc_arsenal;}];

Really enjoy this but really hate all the big vehcles and armour...absolutely kills the immersion,would love to see an infantry only version of this..unarmed vehicles for transport but nothing more,forcing people to go on foot and actually clear buildings instead leveling the entire map.

Well this mission out of the box already does have some control over that through lobby parameter "Enemy Armor Probability". Choose "0 % chance Heavy Armor + Rewards disabled".

Any vehicle that is visible in the editor and does not have a name can be deleted aswell.
To disable friendly jet asset that spawns on base through script
in INS_definitions.sqf
change
Airfield_opt = true;
to
Airfield_opt = false;
To rid the grids of any light armed vehicles which in my opinion increases immersion thus no parameter option, in eos\UnitPools.sqf change variable array _ArmPool to only contain non armed vehicle classes.

The days of me supporting/offering different variants of this mission with exception of Island variants are over. Its to much work and no pay so edit as you see fit.

• Like 1

Hi,

Today I was finishing a mission and decided to test everything in my dedicated server but this simple task took me a lot of time because I couldn't teleport myself easily, then I remembered the debug parameter of your mission Jigsor.

Could you share which tipe of template did you used ? Or if you don't want to (what I would understand because this might be your own script) could you indicate a template with a simple debug parameter that allows editors to test missions ? 

I have already looked into some BIS Wiki but in this subject it is quite confuse and I didn't find anything related to onmapsingleclick teleport.

Thank you !

@luks7n,
Unfortunately I did not use a template or know of any.
Most the debug related stuff is pretty much customized to fit and work with this mission.
I use and can recommend debug console for testing many things.
To allow access to debug console by pressing escape while in mission add this line to description.ext.

enableDebugConsole            = 1;// 0 = Default behaviour, available only in editor, 1 = Available in SP and for hosts / logged in admins, 2 = Available for everyone

Then in debug console you could execute mapclick teleport the new A3 way:

["Teleport_mapclick","onMapSingleClick", {
    vehicle player setPos [_pos select 0,_pos select 1,0];
}] call BIS_fnc_addStackedEventHandler;

or the old A2 way:

onMapSingleClick "vehicle player setpos [_pos select 0,_pos select 1,0]";

The first example will not get overwritten when another script uses onMapSingleClick command the second example will.

• Like 1

Update BMR_Insurgency_v1_44

Thanks to all the Forum members who provided feedback and feature requests.
Big Thanks to Mr.Ripley for extensive long run testing, analysing and feedback especially in Headless Client addition.
BMR_Insurgency_v1_44 released in Honor and Memory of a great friend Robert Lynn Lewellen, AKA Spectrum Warrior of Elite Arma Warriors who exposed me to scripting, Insurgency and Evolution game modes back in early Arma 1.

Most notable changes which have breathed new life to this mission are
Added: Support for 1 headless client.
Added: Functionality to delay deactivation of zones when player leaves or dies in trigger area. Modifiable by lobby parameter Thanks to Mr.Ripley and son.
Added: Functionality to limit the number of grid zones simultaneously activated. Modifiable through lobby parameter. Zones with completed activation before limiter was reached will stay activated if using deactivation delay.
Change: Default maximum infantry per zone doubled. Higher concentration within fewer zones possible. With the new simultaneous zone limiter it is possible to avoid bog or crash because of to many AI on server or headless client.
See full changelog and download on first page.

• Like 2