jigsor Me again daft question is there a way of turning off the intro / beginning cut-scene?

As for some reason it seems to be causing lag on my server whilst players connect. (EDIT:  need to see if it is that or the damn dedi box)

As you can probably guess I’m very new to messing about with scripts and don’t want to break the mission.

I’m trying to learn but this goes above my head :/

once again thaks in advance

Jim

Comment line 151 in init_player.sqf for blufor

//[] spawn INS_intro;

and comment line 131 for opfor

//[] spawn INS_intro_op4;

Be aware opfor intro hides some things durring intro like default loadout change and spawn position teleport.

• Like 1

@Jigsor
Yes. The performance improved significantly.
Without Headless clients and 4-5 players connected playing in 3 different towns, server drops to about ~15 fps (with about 150-180 enemys spawned).
With headless client and same conditions the server remains at around ~35-45 fps and the enemies are much more responsive.
The problem resulted from EOS caching being completely disabled was that after 2-3 days we had about ~400 enemys spawned. The Headless Clients controlled around  ~180-200 enemys each while remaining at around 40-45 fps and the server drops down to 10-15 fps.

With the original EOS caching, which started instantly after all players left the zone or died, it was unfortunate because the enemys got respawned at different places and the HC scripts had to slowly balance out the newly spawned enemys every time when this situation occured, which seemed to be an cpu intensive task to perform on a regular basis.

My son improved the the eos_core.sqf by adding an additional parameter in line 4, which allows to set up a timer to delay the caching process. This timer starts as soon as all players left the zone and gets reset as soon as a player reenters the zone. Also we reduced the active while loop which does the conditions checking by a factor of 4 (0.5s to 2s) to reduce cpu load.

In my edited insurgency version I have set this parameter to 30 minutes and it works very well. I think it should also be used in your original version without HC's and with a lower value, maybe 10 minutes. I modified your insurgency version, there are 2 Headless clients integrated, ZBE_Cache removed and  EOS caching with a delay of 15 minutes.
I've sent you a link so you can test if everthing works as expected or you could further share the link for other interested folks (I removed the files from the older version which was linked before).

Also I can confirm the problem which jimbouk described. When players connect to the server, a yellow or red chain appears. When the server is running on Windows / Wine it happens on every connect whereas on a linux server the chain rarely shows up.
In general the performance of your BMR Insurgency feels better when hosted on linux server.

• Like 1

@mr. ripley 

Hi :)

Could I be allowed to test your version of Insurgency?

I have a dedicated server with 2xHC, and I see it peaks up and down in FPS, so I'd like to try your version ??

If possible, you can send a link to nov847@gmail.com 

Thanks in advance :)

Updated link to Mr.Ripley's HC modification. Thank You Mr.Ripley.

mega

@michaeldk,

PM out, post your results.

I will test it for a day or two, and post my results here...

Really guys?
So you want to use the side missons in one of your own projects?

I've been getting similar inquiries per p.m. from others about core components (intel/ammo cache sytem for example) on how to rip out for their own projects.
Sounds like you would be better served by maybe by editing BMR Insurgency or just learn and understand sqf scripting enough to devise you own scenario using community scripts in combination with your original material.
Im' not going to help anyone disect core bits to put in your scenario.
No ones ever done that for me and out of respect for the great mission builders I wouldn't even dream of asking them or anyone on their mission thread to do so.

Hello,

For friends and me, we would like to adapt the Panthera Island, if it is possible, where can we set the place of the supply crate for the supply delivery mission ?

Thanks to you,

@flyingcoyotus
The editor position placement of object Delivery_Box is subjective. It is usually place somewhere inconspicuous but really can be placed anywhere because Server makes the box invisible until delivery mission starts.
More important is the position array defined by Del_box_Pos in INS_Definitions.sqf. This is the position Delivery_Box is moved to once delivery mission starts. It is appoximately 7 or so meters away from MHQ_3 editor position for conveinience, to make easy to find,
and so when using load action it gets loaded into the correct and closest vehicle MHQ_3.

Hi everyone,

First thanks to BMR insurgency creators, it's a really great mission !!

Before asking, I prefer say that I've read all pages of this topic, and a lot of anothers in internet, but I don't have an answer at this moment...

I've a dedicated server who's running with smd.sahrani mission.

The fact is that when my friends are joining me in the server they are stucked on black screen.

They don't have the Intro, they can perfectly hear ingame, shoot or move but => Black screen.

I've tried a lot of tips that I've see in internet but the problem is still here.

I'm a little bit discouraged for searching and searching during days without answer...

Anyone can help us ?

Thanks for your help

Stan

PS : sorry for my bad english

@RedStan,

Could you give more info?

1. Mission version

2. Mods running on server.

3. Is mission is edited? If so could you provide a download link to it in private message?

Thx for your answer.

1. BMR_Insurgency_v1_43.smd_sahrani_a3

2. @ace3;@allinarmaterrainpack;@arc_patches;@arc_us_up;@arc_usmc_up;@arc_usn_up;@asdg_jm;@asdg_jr;@blastcore_a3;@blastcore-tracers;@cba_a3;@dar_mtvr;@mcc_sandbox_a3;@nato_russian_sf_weapons;@smd_a3;

With or without mod => Same problem

3. Mission is full origin

The mission work good for the first who is connected on the server, others have the black screen with the message "synchronising done".

This was a problem with some previous versions. I've not experienced this with v1.43.

Most likely this will fix problem.

In init.sqf starting at line 174 remove these lines of code.

private "_va_preload";
        _va_preload = false;
        _va_preload = ["Preload"] call BIS_fnc_arsenal;
        waitUntil {_va_preload};

If that does not work I suggest dissabling intro.

The required edit for this is covered in post #282.

This was a problem with some previous versions. I've not experienced this with v1.43.

Most likely this will fix problem.

In init.sqf starting at line 174 remove these lines of code.

private "_va_preload";
        _va_preload = false;
        _va_preload = ["Preload"] call BIS_fnc_arsenal;
        waitUntil {_va_preload};

If that does not work I suggest dissabling intro.

The required edit for this is covered in post #282.

Thank youuuuuuuu Jigsor !

We doesn't have this problem anymore :)

We just have to enjoy this great mission !

Hi again mr.ripley

What do you use to run your server? Is it a rental or local? And what are the specs. And do you run HC on the same machine?

hi michaeldk,

i have two rented root servers located in frankfurt. (think one belongs to me now, after 3 years).

first is a i7-2600k and the second a i7-3700k, both with 16GB memory and running with debian 7.

For windows arma server wine is installed, so i can start arma linux or windows server.

Both are on a 10 Gigabit line.

On the i7-2600k i have a arma server with 2 HC´s, a TS Server and some ftp´s running. Further a CS and a

Minecraft Server from my son (dunno if someone is playing on it).

On the i7-3700k i have only arma with 2 HC´s.

The asm  graphic you see in post 299 is from i7-2600k.

Hi Jigsor, any plans about porting it to CLAfghan ? I think it would be quite fast because there is only a few villages and small cities on it.

In my opinion this is one of the best maps ever made to ArmA.

Thank you.

luks7n,

I had not considered CLAfghan. It was great in A2. Read somewhere that there were issues in A3, but have not tried it.

Definate planned future builds include Duala so far.

May consider Lingor and Panthera. Panthera because it is a dependancy of Lingor and Duala.

If performance is not an issue I may consider the new Australian map aswell.

been taking somewhat of a break from A3 and putting attention back to RL so slow going.

Been working on scripted poisonous gas grenades for next build and possibly some other new features.

For sake of not releasing to many builds. I will wait until I finish with the new stuff. I could be a while.

I will check it out.

Thanks for the suggestion.

• Like 1

I recently found out that some people re-created Mogadishu inspired by Black Hawk Down. Which is one of my favourite movies, as well as game. And it reminded me of the good old days of playing Insurgency back in ArmA 2 with ACE and ACRE.

Which led me to finding this, and I want to ask you - are we allowed to edit this? And if so, to what extent? I'd like to look into adopting this for the Mogadishu map, as well as adding support for ACE3 and the like. Basically the good old Insurgency we had back in ArmA 2. Of course any and all credits will remain and given where due.  :)

Other than that, from the testing I did I was surprised with how well-made it is. I should have read the feature list beforehand as the suicide bomber scared the crap out of me  :lol:

Anyway to skip a task.   tried to deliver cargo but it doesnt happen,   now cant seem to do anything with it,

Also HALO jump drops you 50ft from the ground

Thank you dealman,
Anyone can edit and port to another terrain. I only ask to leave script and function headers containing credits intact.
If your version is significantly different from an official release then I recommend you change or add to the mission name something unique distinguishing it from official release.

thesh1tgamer,
Delivery must be performed with MHQ_3.
A blue marker named Task_Transport is attached to MHQ_3 (in v1.43)  when task starts to help eliminate confusion.
Use Load Cargo action on MHQ_3. Delivery_Box must be close to it. Delivery_Box spawns next to MHQ_3 original/respawn position.

Task decription has all info needed.

Post #69 has info on how to bypass an objective if you still need it.
Halo should be dropping you from 500 meters by default. Default auto open chute height is 150. You can change the drop height with the Halo user interface slider.
If you do you will have to manually open chute.

• Like 1