Yes, an Altis version is coming up.

@Jigsor..

objective_objs = ["Land_TTowerBig_1_F","Land_BagBunker_Tower_F","kyo_MH47E_Wreck2","Land_HighVoltageTower_F","ATMine","rhs_zsu234_aa","RoadCone_F","RoadCone_F","Land_Sign_WarningUnexplodedAmmo_F","Land_Cargo_HQ_V3_F"];publicVariable "objective_objs";

Just changed out where it says ATMine to any desired mine in the game, changes and arms them appropriately for the objective..

Makes things a little easier and doesn't have bounding mines spawning under buildings for a BIG surprise! :)

I've fixed the issue by switching from a init_player.sqf additions for actions to adding actions via Unit/Object Init fields,

Have 100% functionality at this time..

Disabling intro seems to have no detrimental effect so far, everybody's FPS stays happy at mission start.

Don't know about that.. Seems to be the AGM Explosives way for now.. I really hope that changes..

Can't wait to put ACE 3 into this mission, though ;)

Also..

----------

To all:

I've been working on making my own scripts and tools for automation of generating grid zone markers and EOS call lines. I've nearly got it all completed and working very well.

What does this mean?

This means instead of days or weeks and lots of tendinitis to complete a new map port to our favorite maps, it can be done in a relatively short time. Maybe an hour or less.

It can evaluate the map for enterable buildings and plot zones over the structures for building and patrol infantry. Also does plotting for light and heavy vehicles on roads near other markers. Maybe can do choppers but haven't started that yet.

It Does marker pairing passed to EOS call lines for makers next to each other that share similar properties in suitable spawning positions to reduce triggers in EOS.

It's Also helpful in determining suitability of the Island for this mission type.

My tools hinge largley on "mapSize" being defined in Island config and map overlay grids sized in 50x50 to even run the evaluation.

I've tested this with Altis and Kunduz so far and its awesome.

Ports planed for very near future release are Altis Kunduz and SMD Sahrani.

Taking suggestions for Maps as I want to release all together to avoid having to do to many updates just to add new island ports.

No feed back on Fata port? Well, no news is good news I guess.

-------

Need any help there, Jig?

I'd be more than happy to test on my server or lend some assistance with mission editing, if needed.

I've put more than my fair share into a version of insurgency, twisting and poking at it until I've become completely satisfied.. Let me know!

Sure, we can chat if you like. My steam name is jigsorbmr. Working on SMD Sahrani at the moment. Should have something to test here very shortly..

Well, here it is. The first mission port made with my automation tools to SMD Sahrani.

It Turns out SMD Sahrani has plenty of enterable buildings now and makes a great insurgency map. This ones probably my new Fave. Did lots of play testing this weekend and was tons of fun.

Enjoy great FPS with loads of varied terrain.

Thanks to CiforDayZServer and all involved for their tremendous work on this Island and keeping the performance true to what it was in A2. Be sure to give them a thumbs up.

SMD Sahrani Island Info here.

Minimum required mods:

-mod=@CBA_A3;@AllInArmaTerrainPack;@smd_a3

BMR_Insurgency_v1_32alpha.smd_sahrani_a3 (Temporary Download).

This version is brought up to version 1.32alpha.Fata features.

Fata version has also been reuploaded because RHS mod option was not working. Has same version number 1.32alpha

Fata and SMD Sahrani alpha versions 1.32 reuploaded on front page.

In version 1.3 change was made to fix some missing intel actions, but new problem was introduced causing lots of lag and desync across all players when someone JIP.

New change/fix includes removal of onPlayerConnected command to a more localized approach using event script initPlayerServer.sqf.

This also includes removal of JIPactions.sqf script and is compatible with mods using script command/stacked eventhandler onPlayerConnected.

I'd appreciate any feedback regarding intel or actions on intel such as missing or double actions.

This is something I really wanted to address before an Altis port was created.

So far its looking good here. I apologize for not changing alpha version numbers.

It's just easier for me but can be a headache for server operators because it requires a server shut down in order to replace the mission.

Official stable releases will ofcourse have a new version number.

Kunduz and Altis ports are now being made.

Also VAS will be removed in future versions and hopefully VAS quick profile loads will be replaced with Virtual Arsenal quick profile loadouts.

What could be causing lots of lag and desync across all players when someone JIP on the Takistan version? I've been having that issue on my server.

I was not localizing JIP intel object array/action updates to JIP player only in all 1.3 versions.

The future update will have this fix. To fix yourself you must

delete this from init.sqf:

// Init Join in Progress

if (isJIP) then {[] spawn {[] execVM "scripts\JIPactions.sqf";};};

delete this whole block section from init_server.sqf

// JIP //

[] spawn {..lots of code here..};

In INS_Definitions.sqf

// Server Variables /////////////////////////////////////////////////

if (isServer) then {

... lots of variables here...

//under side_mission_mkrs = [

//add this:

BMR_Players = [];

Finally,

Copy initPlayerServer.sqf from v1.32alpha to root mission folder.

I cannot guarantee there will be no other issues related to this fix so I offer a 2 part guarantee.

If you break it you can keep both parts..:) as I'm still waiting for feedback on alpha version.

BMR_Insurgency_v1_32alpha.Altis added to front page.

Here is the version everyone has been asking for.

If you had not shown interest, I would have not developed the porting automation tools which made this way easier to create and may have never been completed.

Thank you all for you patience and sorry about the wait.

In this version VAS has been removed and Virtual Arsenal quick profile loadout has been added.

VA quick profile loadout skips the immersive sucking start up screen that Virtual Arsenal initiates and will be included in next stable release.

BMR_Insurgency_v1_32alpha.Kunduz added to front page.

Applied fix to all alpha versions and files reuploaded: Fixed explosion bug upon enetering pilot seat on all choppers.

Edited by Jigsor

Mission Pack updated.

BMR_Insurgency_v1.4

Added: Altis, Fata, Kunduz, and SMD Sahrani versions.

See full change log on front page.

I should note that terrains have significant impact on performance.

Kunduz is relativity small compared to the others and seems to give the best performance.

It takes the server about 4 minutes to initiallize all scripts and spawn objectives. Once that is all done I've found the server to settle in at 48-49 fps out of 50 fps max possible while idle, one person in game and standing at base.

Very happy with the mission performance hope you enjoy.

Edited by Jigsor

Great to see you're still updating BMR Insurgency! I may put my own insurgency mission on the backburner for a while and host yours instead (Love some of the features you've added, like side missions). Insurgency ALiVE is awesome, but it just takes too long on my server to initialize. I'll let you know how performance is.

Awesome, thanks for the Kunduz version. However for some reason whenever I have it hosted some of my friends get an endless black screen instead of the normal flyover. Any idea what may cause this?

Thanks guys,

I believe it may have something to do with RscTitles and maybe having more than one dialog open at once.

This U.I. stuff is is mostly beyond me when it comes to scripting, but I thought I had fixed this issue.

Make sure you are using version from armaholic or latest version from drop box. Its the same now.

I found a problem with Kunduz version specifically after announcing v1.4 and actually reuploaded it before it was posted on Armaholic.

Some quirky tips: Its best to wait a few seconds after breifing screen appears before pressing continue and if starting game with more than 1 in lobby, let everyone finish download of mission from server before continue aswell.

I highly recommend using startup parameter on server -loadMissionToMemory.

Let me know if any of these fixes it and if not please provide some info to try and reproduce like

running on dedicated or hosted client server.

Opfor or Blufor player with problem.

Does respawn or disconnect/reconnect and join fix problem?

It seems to happen on all of them, it seems really random but joining and leaving doesn't seem to fix it. Doesn't seem to be mod related either. Running dedicated, only tested with blufor. It's happening with 6 or 7 different people in my group, myself included.

Hope you can get it worked out, this mission keeps getting better and better.

Edit: by the way sometimes now it will load right in and you don't see the intro, then the ammo box, halo jump ect don't work. Seems like when that happens most of the scripts break on the user end. I tried playing anyway and when I found intel I couldn't even pick it up.

Hey bud,love the mission but after the update the takistan mission never initilizes,so thus the ammo box system and the halo system dosnt work,ive tryed the waiting after the briefing screen just wondering if u could look into it,thanks and keep up the great work

• Like 1

Sorry about delay last couple of days my internet has gone to shit.

@04rc51

Thank You,

I found the problem in Takistan. It was missing digital heading script update.

@Outbreak I still can't reproduce, but I think the problem may have to do with Virtual Arsenal Preloader interfering with intro so I've removed it.

This just means that the first time you go into Virtual Arsenal it will bring up the loading screen now just like it did in version 1.3.

I've uploaded Takistan, Kunduz and Altis versions 1.41 to dropbox. All these version have same fixes applied.

Could you please let me know if issues still persist. If not I'll apply hot fix to all versions.

Thank You for the feedback guys.

BMR_Insurgency_v1_41.Altis.pbo

BMR_Insurgency_v1_41.Kunduz.pbo

BMR_Insurgency_v1_41.Takistan.pbo

Sorry about delay last couple of days my internet has gone to shit.

@04rc51

Thank You,

I found the problem in Takistan. It was missing digital heading script update.

@Outbreak I still can't reproduce, but I think the problem may have to do with Virtual Arsenal Preloader interfering with intro so I've removed it.

This just means that the first time you go into Virtual Arsenal it will bring up the loading screen now just like it did in version 1.3.

I've uploaded Takistan, Kunduz and Altis versions 1.41 to dropbox. All these version have same fixes applied.

Could you please let me know if issues still persist. If not I'll apply hot fix to all versions.

Thank You for the feedback guys.

BMR_Insurgency_v1_41.Altis.pbo

BMR_Insurgency_v1_41.Kunduz.pbo

BMR_Insurgency_v1_41.Takistan.pbo

Awesome, I'll download and try tonight. Thanks for your work with these missions, it's pretty much the only one I really ever play.

Something I quite like is your cas system, but I was a bit curious if you'd ever thought of some sort of artillery support? Maybe a system like this. Just an idea :)

Nice to see this still coming along with the ports as well.

Okay, finally got around to testing. The black screen issue is still present unfortunately. :(

Scratch that, I'm a moron. Testing more.

Is there a way to keep civilians and civilian motorists from certain areas? I dont like the civilian vehicles driving on base.

@OutbreakDV,

I've not had a chance to test that script out. I may look in to it for future release. Really just trying to push a stable release at this point without having to test to many new features, but feel free to edit and add yourself.

@ Slverfox94739,

The eos, foot civilians do not have zones in base so they will not spawn there. Foot civilians spawn zone markers are named "civmkr1" "civmkr2" etc.

v1.42 now has Bluforbase exclusion for Mobile Civilians.

In scripts\MAD_traffic.sqf you can modify ExcDis variable to increase/decrease radius.

4/29/2015

BMR_Insurgency_v1.42

Fixed: Takistan version missing digital heading script update.

Fixed: Possibility for mission stuck on black screen.

Added: Mobile civilians will no longer spawn on Blufor base.

Edited by Jigsor

Sweet thanks. I love the updates. Tho now I have to start all over lol. Just got done adding my Fob and setting up the mission to my liking. Keep up the good work.

Nothing in the mission.sqm has changed except intel version number. You can keep old mission.sqm or just copy paste from older version

Seems to be working flawlessly now, thanks man! I might try that script out. If it works well you want me to let you know? I think it could be a pretty cool addition.

Has anyone already implemented a restrict-aircraft-to-pilot's script in with this mission? I've been having a hell of a hard time trying to get a similar system to work for me at all, let alone in this mission.

And is there any way to automatically have the gear you died with remain on you? As it's quite easy to forget to manually tell it to respawn with a loadout - And quite disconcerting to get shot and suddenly have completely different gear.

The first of the two is more important to me, however.

Edit: My issue with the gear is that when you go down for revival, you get a magical mid-battle resupply instead of just what you had on you and it's just bizarre and jarring.

Edited by Kirby