Does your group use any AI scripts or mods? VCOMAI is pretty tough, B combat is cool. I could probably go in and edit any files in BMR and change more settings.

Does your group use any AI scripts or mods? VCOMAI is pretty tough, B combat is cool. I could probably go in and edit any files in BMR and change more settings.

Bcombat is SP only, VCOM and ASR can be installed as server-side addons and does not need to be scripted into mission.

@rlex

Sorry, I am not able to reproduce when using only the supported or reccomended mods mentioned on first page. Please note that it may take a short time for the skills to take affect after the enemy units spawn. If spawn distance is set very low then it is possible to notice the delay of skill settings taking affect regardless of skill setting method. This is Arma 3 not the mission. I don't know if AGM can affect skills or not. If you are running Alive mod which this mission does not support or use then there could possibly be several side affects to mission not just limited to skills. For example Alive will clash with editor placed objects with enablesimulation false in object init fields for one. Its been a while since I tried Alive and maybe its not an issue anymore or possibly has new issues. There is no point to run Alive with this mission so I will not test that but, as you have not given me a list of running mods I cannot help further.

Thank you for your reply

We enable alive only when we play alive-based missions. I'll try to provide list of my mods a bit later.

Thanks JAndrews. Looking for 50x50 meter grid squares mostly as this standard size for most map grid overlays. The markers do not have to fit exactly in the grids and sometimes a few of marker squares are stretched in one or two direction to fill in gaps, but its mostly all subjective and also largely depends on performance.

Hey take a look here, it has markers set up and a good start on openme.sqf call lines.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?159811-Co32_Insurgent_Occupation

Heyas Jigsor,

I want to add a request for SMD Sahrani A3 as a map for a future BMR Insurgency Mission release, if you do any more. I know lots want Altis and this is good too, so just adding mine. Thanks for a great mission!!

I did have a quick question. If you are running this with the RHS mod, can you use mcc console or something to get access to the apache and other US vehicles in this pack without conflicting with the mission itself?

Thanks!!

I did have a quick question. If you are running this with the RHS mod, can you use mcc console or something to get access to the apache and other US vehicles in this pack without conflicting with the mission itself?

Thanks!!

If I understand what you are saying, yes.

What he said ^.

Sahrani was great in A1, my favorite map in A2 and ran slicker than a Dog's D!**.

It Looks gorgeous in A3 and current performance is good.

I've been keeping an eye on its development and though some buildings have been converted to enterable, the majority still are not.

This is a key aspect to great a insurgency mission with intel and infantry spawning in buildings.

The SMD Sahrani Dev(s) have been doing a great job so far, however it is slow going and a massive amount of work for them.

Its a massive land mass with lots of towns so it'll take some time to make the grid.

Any help with this is appreciated.

New mission update completed.

Possibly the most important aspect of this update is the handling of intel.

Lots of improvements and changes in this reguard.

Better support for non legacy A3 terrains and JIP as well as new param for adjusting ratio of intel spawned per grid zones.

BMR_Insurgency_v1.3

Added: Lobby parameter "Maximum possible intel per occupied grid zone ratio" Possible ratios are "1 intel : 2 zones" to "1 intel : 6 zones".

Added: Mine Detector Script by Lala14.

Added: Modified-Fatigue by Quiksilver selectable in lobby parameter "Fatigue System".

Added: Recruited Ai will now revive player if at least one other player exists in group and BTC Quick Revive is enabled in lobby parameters.

Added: Rocket munitions fire from exploded ammo cache in random directions.

Added: Improved handling of intel actions for JIP.

Fixed: Start time lobby parameter was broken in last version when used in combination with Random Weather.

Fixed: Opfor intro would fade to black screen until first respawn.

Fixed: Intel generation script hang. Added redundant fail safes for valid and compatible building positions.

Fixed: Exploding AH-99 Blackfoot on respawn/entry in Stratis base.

Change: CAS aircraft from Buzzard to Wipeout.

Change: Shortened que time length in AI recruitment.

Change: Added RHS_A10 to air field when @rhs_usf3 mod detected and air field is used by blufor (defaults to Wipeout as in previous version).

Change: Intel object count is dynamically adjusted upon Ammo Cache spawning based on uncaptured zones and maximum intel lobby param ratio.

I've had this update completed and tested on dedi for a few days so it should be very stable.

I've been working on a new version with features not included in this update such as static weather options and support for the addition of opposing factions "Hamas and Hezbollah" from MEC mod. Unfortunately A3 update 1.40 broke some randomization related to these units in the mod itself and the author is frustrated with these updates so is taking a break. It will probably get fixed soon and this feature will be included with next mission update. Also started a SMD Sahrani version. Its slow going so no promise on a release date.

Tuck and Roll!

See ya in the battle field.

What he said ^.

Sahrani was great in A1, my favorite map in A2 and ran slicker than a Dog's D!**.

It Looks gorgeous in A3 and current performance is good.

I've been keeping an eye on its development and though some buildings have been converted to enterable, the majority still are not.

Ok, makes total sense. On the 1.3 update - Thanks! Maybe in future releases we could have an RHS version. Using these vehicles and weapons is awesome. The beefy humvees and tanks are a big plus. Not to mention the ah-64. They all come in desert colors so fits real well with say fallujah and the mid-east maps. Anyways, thanks as always and we all appreciate your efforts and hard work to bring us so much fun!

Very nice update! Excellent work, yet again. ;)

New work Jig! The "Destroy Radio Tower" Side Mission side chat message displayed twice. I think it could be one per player and one from the server?

Dirty Haz

@Houbob03

Thanks,

This mission used to be moded only, then moded and unmoded, now unmoded with moded option, and I had to much work maintaining several versions for each map.

However, without any scripting required you can change the vehicle object types in the editor by clicking on vehicle object and select different type from drop down menus.

You must have the mod enabled to see all assets available from those mods in editor.

All the Blufor assets besides vehicle rewards and fixed wing are not created dynamically by script.

This means you can see them in the editor and change them.

Save the mission as Multi Player Mission in editor.

Keep in mind a moded object in the editor adds entries in reference to mod in mission.sqm thus making that mod a requirement to join the game.

A good tool for converting a mission.pbo into a folder you can edit from is this:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=16369&highlight=PBO%2BMANAGER

It gives right click unpack ability on .pbo. May require restart after installation.

Once converted to folder form, put the mission folder in directory equivalent:

C:\Users\WindowsUserName\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\Jigsor\MPMissions

Create the MPMissions folder if you don't have one in this directory equivalent: C:\Users\WindowsUserName\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\Jigsor

Its now accessible to edit within editor GUI from main menu: -Multiplayer -New -Select Island -Select mission -Edit.

After saving your edit from within editor the new mission.pbo can be found in game directory equivalent:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\MPMissions

No assumptions here in respect to anyone's editing ability, this is just good info for any wanting to customize/mod this mission with the least fuss.

@Phronk, Thanks again.

@Dirty Haz,

if (you mean you see double side chat message when tower blows like "DirtyHaz Destroyed %Tower% or %Cache%") then

{

It's a mission design deficiency, though not game/mission breaking, it just sends chat message and adds score for each charge/satchel placed;

4 simultaneous charge detonations on Tower = 4 messages;

};

I haven't figured out an accountable work around for that yet.

Edited by Jigsor

Hello there.. Maybe I'm to stupid, but where do I recruit AI in the base? I can't find any option for that.. Another thing, I played a couple of days ago, my buddy died, I revived him, and he was back to default slot gear layout after was alive again?

@Fruity_Rudy, AI recruitment is a scroll option "Recruit Infantry" located at main ammo crate on base. To save kit see instructions on first page under Ingame Game Settings:

I'll check it out, and I found the recruit option pretty much after posting it .. thx anyway dude

What's up with the skill setting? they seem to be super heroes :) .. Whats even a good skill and accuracy for my server config.? I've also seen a parameter in your mission regarding the damage. what's the best value for that?

Aiming accuracy for eos units (units that spawn from grid) is set in eos\AI_Skill.

For infantry it is.

0.3, // aimingAccuracy

GameServer.Arma3profile on our server under class regular

skillFriendly=0.60000002;

skillEnemy=0.60000002;

precisionFriendly=0.28;

precisionEnemy=0.28;

I recommend installing asr_ai3 and let it handle ai skills. It will overide all these skills settings and it has settings for each infantry unit type that you can adjust.

Thats what we do.

---------- Post added at 01:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:32 PM ----------

For Damage Multiplier (Effective hit on enemy) parameter

I recommend "Very High" setting to take down infantry units with usually 1 or 2 shots.

Lowers values will take more more hits to bring down the infantry and bring you closer to the default Arma 3 hit values.

In MP the higher multiplier settings will have less affect on player with higher ping because it takes the server more time to react to the player's shots.

Yeah I know. I used ASR in A2, but the arrays look a bit different now... would you mind sharing your config file for ASR? And btw. , why in particular class regular? just as an example or is your mission auto picking regular setting?? I understood thee damage multiplier, it's nice.. Are you planning an altis version too? I really don't like stratis, I only play it because of your mission :)

So each class veteran, recruit etc. can have their own difficulty settings. Currently each difficulty class uses the same settings on our setup.

Yeah, we have the mission auto start on our modded server with regular difficulty.

asr_ai3 is pretty straight forward and we have not altered the default since last update.

In arma3-installed-game-directory/userconfig/asr_ai3/asr_ai3_settings_ss.sqf

asr_ai3_main_sets = [ // for each level: skilltype, [<min value>, <random value added to min>]
[	"general",[1.00,0.0],	"aiming",[1.00,0.0],	"spotting",[1.00,0.0]	],	// 0:  super-AI (only used for testing)
[	"general",[0.80,0.2],	"aiming",[0.35,0.1],	"spotting",[0.40,0.2]	],	// 1:  sf 1
[	"general",[0.75,0.2],	"aiming",[0.30,0.1],	"spotting",[0.35,0.2]	],	// 2:  sf 2 (recon units, divers and spotters)
[	"general",[0.70,0.2],	"aiming",[0.25,0.1],	"spotting",[0.30,0.2]	],	// 3:  regular 1 (regular army leaders, marksmen)
[	"general",[0.65,0.2],	"aiming",[0.20,0.1],	"spotting",[0.25,0.2]	],	// 4:  regular 2 (regulars)
[	"general",[0.60,0.2],	"aiming",[0.15,0.1],	"spotting",[0.20,0.2]	],	// 5:  militia or trained insurgents, former regulars (insurgent leaders, marksmen)
[	"general",[0.55,0.2],	"aiming",[0.10,0.1],	"spotting",[0.15,0.2]	],	// 6:  some military training (insurgents)
[	"general",[0.50,0.2],	"aiming",[0.05,0.1],	"spotting",[0.10,0.2]	],	// 7:  no military training
[	"general",[0.70,0.2],	"aiming",[0.20,0.1],	"spotting",[0.50,0.2]	],	// 8:  pilot 1 (regular)
[	"general",[0.60,0.2],	"aiming",[0.15,0.1],	"spotting",[0.40,0.2]	],	// 9:  pilot 2 (insurgent)
[	"general",[0.80,0.2],	"aiming",[0.60,0.4],	"spotting",[0.80,0.2]	]	// 10: sniper 
];

Its broken down by unit type.

so changing from

"aiming",[0.25,0.1],

to

"aiming",[0.35,0.1],

would increase accuracy for corresponding unit type.

The Altis port has been discussed many times in previous posts. Take a look.

Edited by Jigsor

Ok thx for that... But don't you have to specify the particular class names of units? I remember that I edited the array with several unit class names in arma2. The code you posted, how is actually picking the kind of unit, I mean I don_t see a link to, for example, a sniper or normal rifleman.. like the code you posted is basically the skill set.. I'm talking about this one:

asr_ai3_main_levels_units = [

[], // 0: super-AI (only used for testing)

[], // 1: sf 1

[], // 2: sf 2 (recon units, divers and spotters)

[], // 3: regular 1 (regular army leaders, marksmen)

[], // 4: regular 2 (regulars)

[], // 5: militia or trained insurgents, former regulars (insurgent leaders, marksmen)

[], // 6: civilians with some military training (insurgents)

[], // 7: civilians without military training

[], // 8: pilot 1 (regular)

[], // 9: pilot 2 (insurgent)

[] // 10: sniper

];

In there I have to specify the classnames for each skill set, or am I wrong?

As Robalo says here in post 858

If nothing is defined in the asr_ai3 config then it defaults to class inheritance.

I believe most unit mods share an inheritance from A3 base unit configs.

However, if you want to customize based on unit class name, Robalo gives an example on how to do that in post 953 here:

Ok thx for that. I just thought it might not be working because no units are specified. It was a bit weird, like I was driving out of the base with marshall and got instant shot by AI in the first sector.. And another time it said "soldier XY shot you with .556 ammo? :) .. I have no idea but I'll try it out with the config.. thx for all the infos man

Hey Jigsor,

Wanted to say thanks for the tips on the RHS USA vehicles. I was able to edit and change the vehicles for a similar counterpart in RHS and all is working great! I did notice one item though that showed up after the update of @CUP 1.1, I get an error when starting the mission and sometimes again later in the mission and others on the server see it too. Its an error with an RPG in @CUP that can't be found. I wasn't sure if you have seen this since the update? If you want i can get the exact message and post it here. I haven't tried down grading the version of @CUP yet, wanted to get your thoughts first.

Also, just wanted to say we use the ASR AI and they are aggressive and more realistic. When they hear shots, they are coming! If you hide in a house or structure, they will surround it. I have had them come in the house after me. Nothing like hearing them close by and searching for you, very intense if you are alone in this situation. Never seen AI that good before. It will test your skills and makes it very challenging. We love it and basically just use default settings for it without problems.

Thanks!!