Victor87, I have no plans to add more grid zones as I'm happy with the current performance on that terrain. Though you may do so yourself.

The grid markers are named and placed in the editor. The AI spawning is handled by EOS in eos\OpenMe.sqf. Each marker, pair, or group of markers have a parameter line determining what spawns in the zone.

Example:

null = [["mrkr63","mrkr65"],[1,1,InfPb],[1,2,InfPb],[0,0],[0],[0],[0,0],[_fac2,0,AI_SpawnDis,_side,true]] call EOS_Spawn;

Look at the legend example on top of script: null=[["M1","M2","M3"],[HOUSE GROUPS,SIZE OF GROUPS,PROBABILITY],[PATROL GROUPS,SIZE OF GROUPS,PROBABILITY],[LIGHT VEHICLES,SIZE OF CARGO,PROBABILITY],[ARMOURED VEHICLES,PROBABILITY], [sTATIC VEHICLES,PROBABILITY],[HELICOPTERS,SIZE OF HELICOPTER CARGO,PROBABILITY],[FACTION,MARKERTYPE,DISTANCE,SIDE,HEIGHTLIMIT,DEBUG]] call EOS_Spawn;

In this mission some of those parameters are defined outside this script based on lobby parameters defined in INS_definitions.

INS_op_faction = (paramsArray select 11);// opposing faction

InfPb = (paramsArray select 13);// infantry probability

MecArmPb = (paramsArray select 14);// mechanized armor probability

AI_SpawnDis = (paramsArray select 15);// AI spawn distance

In init.sqf INS_op_faction uses switch to pass number corresponding to factions defined in eos\UnitPools.sqf

ex: [EAST,3,4]execVM "eos\OpenMe.sqf";

In eos\OpenMe.sqf the 3 passed parameters from line above "[EAST,3,4]" is translated to this:

_side = _this select 0;// side

_fac1 = _this select 1;// faction 1

_fac2 = _this select 2;// faction 2

Be sure to add all zone makers to array in INS_definitions.sqf corresponding to terrain "pja305".

all_eos_mkrs = ["mrkr1","mrkr2"........

All the code may seem a little obfuscated, but this is all to add flexibility and support the options in MP lobby.

I hope this helps.

Edited by Jigsor

Stratis version released and added to mission pack. Requires no mods. Woohoo!

Changelog:

BMR_Insurgency_v1.0

Added: Stratis Version to mission pack.

Added: Ability to save loadout to Op4's weapons crate.

Added: Optional BTC Quick Revive Support.

Added: MHQ option in Revive Sytem MP lobby parameters.

Added: Partial fix for AGM explosives compatibility.

Added: Bon's Infantry Recruitment Redux -- by Moser.

Changed: Vehicle Air Drop Reward position uses new mapclick function instead of player position.

Changed: Delivery mission to make compatible with no MHQ in revive system.

Changed: Blufor Base/Zone protection from BIS module to a more consistant scripted function. All enemy intruders are intrinsically killed.

Changed: Assigned Status Hud a toggle button in UI.

Changed: Add MP lobby Parameter Logistics.

Changed: Updated real_weather.sqf v1.2 to v1.3

Changed: Updated MEC to support CUP instead of Massi's weapons

Changed: Consolidated heli paint functions into one "paint_heli_fnc" based on terrain.

Changed: Many minor optimizations to scripts.

Fixed: VAS weapons blacked out. Caused by A3 update. Added VAS support for AGM items.

Fixed: Script error in deployOpforMHQ.sqf.

Fixed: Respawned ammo cache debug marker.

Fixed: Some intel didn't have grab action.

Fixed: Heli Extraction was broken 1 or 2 versions previous.

Hey Jigsor, i tried to port your insurgency to Chernarus (of course i would not publish it without your permission btw) but i'm having problems with the weapon's cache and intel's location.

I copied and pasted everything from in-game stratis missions like markers, triggers... just for testing and if it had worked fine i would create the remaining markers, but did not worked.

I added this to INS_definitions:

Code:

case (toLower (worldName) isEqualTo "chernarus"):
	{
		intel_objCount = 180;publicVariable "intel_objCount";//total max suitcases per ammo cache
		Airfield_opt = false;publicVariable "Airfield_opt";
		Rand_AirCntr_OFstMax = 3600;publicVariable "Rand_AirCntr_OfstMax";
		Del_box_Pos = [2649.7,664.077,0.00126648];publicVariable "Del_box_Pos";
		all_eos_mkrs = ["m1","m2","m3","m4","m5","m6","m7","m8","m9","m10","m11","m12","m13","m14","m15","m16","m17","m18","m19","m20","m21","m22","m23","m24","m25","m26","m27","m28","m29","m30","m31","m32","m33","m34","m35","m36","m37","m38","m39","m40","m41","m42","m43","m44","m45","m46","m47","m48","m49","m50","m51","m52","m53","m54","m55","m56","m57","m58","m59","m60","m61","m62","m63","m64","m65","m66","m67","m68","m69","m70","m71","m72","m73","m74","m75","m76","m77","m78","m79","m80","m81","m82","m83","m84","m85","m86","m87","m88","m89","m90","m91","m92","m93","m94","m95","m96","m97","m98","m99","m100","m102","m103"];publicVariable "all_eos_mkrs";//invisible eos markers excluded
		//all_civ_eos_mkrs = ["civmkr1","civmkr2","civmkr3","civmkr4","civmkr5","civmkr6","civmkr7","civmkr8","civmkr9","civmkr10","civmkr11","civmkr12","civmkr13","civmkr14","civmkr15","civmkr16","civmkr17"];publicVariable "all_civ_eos_mkrs";			
	};

Which is the same from stratis code, as i said i pasted it.

Also i put the eos markers near some cities (not all) to "putinbuilding" function find a house to place the cache, but still not working.

And thanks for the update !

Nevermind..

Edited by Gaske

@luks7n2, "Still not working" is not really enough information to go from. However, from the code you posted I see you have 180 suitcases and only 103 markers. ghst_PutinBuildIntel.sqf script will only try to place a up to a max of 1 suitcase per marker if marker is un-captured. Try to lower intel_objCount to less than number of zones. Is the ammo cache spawned? Is any intel spawned? Are markers red when previewing? Are you getting any script errors? When debug mode enabled from loby parameter, after several seconds you will get message that ghst_PutinBuild and ghst_PutinBuildIntel are running? does it get that far? Are you using -showscripterrors?

Edited by Jigsor

@Jigsor I'm now using takistan markers so the number of suitcases are now the same as the takistan isurgency.

I placed all the eos markers inside the cities and they are showing red when previewing. Also i only receive the ghst_PutinBuild message not the ghst_PutinBuildintel after a while but either the cache and the intels are not being spawned (at least they are not showing on the map).

I changed "housebase" in line 107 of ghst_PutinBuild.sqf to this:

_nearBuildings = [_jigxcoor,_jigycoor] nearObjects ["House", _rad];

but the problem persists.

I'm getting this error in debug_log:

_pos = [_xpos,_ypos,0];
if (!_wateronly and !(su>
22:40:55   Error position: <_xpos,_ypos,0];
if (!_wateronly and !(su>
22:40:55   Error Undefined variable in expression: _xpos
22:40:55 File C:\Users\Lucas\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\luks7n2\missions\TEST.Chernarus\INSfncs\server_fncs.sqf, line 203
22:40:55 Error in expression <r) * _ry);	
_ypos = (abs(_position_mark select 1)) + ((sin _dir) * _rx + (cos _d>
22:40:55   Error position: <select 1)) + ((sin _dir) * _rx + (cos _d>
22:40:55   Error Zero divisor
22:40:55 File C:\Users\Lucas\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\luks7n2\missions\TEST.Chernarus\INSfncs\server_fncs.sqf, line 198
22:40:55 Error in expression <_mark select 1)) + _ry;			
};	

Thanks !

Edited by luks7n2

Ok, if you are not getting random errors through -showscripterrors at mission start then mission and functions are probably loading properly. Once ammo cache is created if using Debug Mode enabled, you should see orange ammo cache marker on map. I have not yet tried porting to chernarus so I am speculating at this point. All official mission ports thus far have islands created post Operation Arrowhead. I don't think there were any enterable buildings in A2 cherno so building type could be the issue here. Also be sure to not edit the map while other non-required addons are enabled. This usually doesn't cause problems but depending on mod it could. In ghst_PutinBuild.sqf after line 58:

_mkr_position = getMarkerpos _curr_mkr;

try adding

player setpos getMarkerpos _curr_mkr; to make you teleport to the randomly chosen place where cache should spawn and see what you can see.

Don't know if this is relevant but you are editing from single player missions folder. I use mp missions folder "MPMissions"

Edited by Jigsor

Hey,

I saw this in your changelog : "Fixed: VAS weapons blacked out caused by A3 update. Added VAS support for AGM items."

Tonic posted the fix on the VAS thread before he "ragequited" and removed all his work, got it from here ?

I'd apreciate if you could share it here or in the VAS thread .

Thanks

It's a shame Tonic has quit. He didn't release a packaged new version for VAS. He posted a link to his github. The new scripts and or scripts that had changes were notated there. I simply merged them with v2.6 before he quit and before the links were down.

Anyone can get a copy from the mission but please don't ask me to support It. I will not provide links and or maintain it. Once it breaks I probably will not be able to fix. Do what you like with this post.

do you have any plans to offer a version with out any of the BTC stuff to make adding additional mods a little easier? Would love to use AGM medical with out changing to many things

Have you tried the last option in Revive System parameter "Revive System Disabled."?

Relating to revive systems, BTC quick revive implementation has a couple of newly found bugs. I've fixed it now and will update the missions soon.

Any chance of an Altis version in the future? I love running Insurgency on my persistent server but I find the Stratis one to be over too fast!

Have you tried the last option in Revive System parameter "Revive System Disabled."?

Relating to revive systems, BTC quick revive implementation has a couple of newly found bugs. I've fixed it now and will update the missions soon.

I haven't tried it yet waiting for this weekend. I will give it a shot and let you know. Thanks!

Any chance of an Altis version in the future? I love running Insurgency on my persistent server but I find the Stratis one to be over too fast!

I've been working some off and on on an Altis version. Not happy with the performance of Island itself. Maybe my computer is to slow. The island is so massive it kills my cpu. Cannot guarantee if or when an Altis version is comming.

---------- Post added at 02:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:29 PM ----------

Released version 1.1. This version fixes problems discovered with all Revive System associated options added in version 1.0.

Jigsor I just loaded this up and went, wow.

Great job.

Thanks for all the hard work.

Hey guys my team deactivated the air patrol option on the parameters but they still appear, we did something wrong?

Jigsor I just loaded this up and went, wow.

Great job.

Thanks for all the hard work.

Means a lot coming from OFP veteran. Glad you like it :cool:

Thanks you Styxx42

---------- Post added at 08:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 PM ----------

Hey guys my team deactivated the air patrol option on the parameters but they still appear, we did something wrong?

Dissabling air patrol is working on all versions. Maybe its possible that the choppers you are seeing are transports for the zones? If so, they vanish after drop off/fly away and do not attack. There are no patrol or attack aircraft triggered by zones.

You can verify air is dissabled by checking value in debug console of variable

EnableEnemyAir

If return value is any thing other than 0 then air patrol is enabled.

Edited by Jigsor

No, the art attack choppers, and in the last mission we got some fucking jets in our ass we don't know why...

We gonna try again today, btw great mission, any plans for chernarus version or sahrani?

I've been working some off and on on an Altis version. Not happy with the performance of Island itself. Maybe my computer is to slow. The island is so massive it kills my cpu. Cannot guarantee if or when an Altis version is comming.

---------- Post added at 02:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:29 PM ----------

Released version 1.1. This version fixes problems discovered with all Revive System associated options added in version 1.0.

Altis works fine for most people so would love to see a version even if you can't play it yourself :(

Altis works fine for most people so would love to see a version even if you can't play it yourself :(

@Delta99

I would also, but unfortunately part of developing a quality mission involves play testing and accurate performance gauging is crucial to that. As a mission maker yourself you should understand that. I prefer quality over quantity and release for releases sake. I think many others who've tried this mission appreciate it aswell.

There are plenty of other insurgency missions on Altis. Anyone is free to edit or port this mission however they see fit. I will even help the best I can. I only ask to keep credits in scripts as I do and change or addto name to make it distictive from official release. This mission uses huge chunks of code by other community authors such as =BTC= Giallustio, BangaBob (H8erMaker), Ghost, and several bits by many others.

I don't mean to go off on a rant, but The idea of an BMR Insurgency on Altis has been there since the first release. Its a hobby not a job. If you can't have fun with it why do it?

Edited by Jigsor

Fair enough. But maybe you can find some play testers if you can rely on them reporting performance and then release it officially. But I do understand as well that if you can't play it yourself it's kind of a downer to work on it.

I would love to help with porting this to Altis. There are other Insurgency missions on Altis, but out of all the Insurgency missions I've found, yours is the only one that includes intel, caches, IED's, and Suicide Bombers. Those are an integral part of a proper Insurgency experience to me, and all the existing Altis missions I've found are simply "Clear grids" style missions, which are great, but it's just not the same. Your mission being so awesome ruined the others for me. :)

I would love to help with porting this to Altis. There are other Insurgency missions on Altis, but out of all the Insurgency missions I've found, yours is the only one that includes intel, caches, IED's, and Suicide Bombers. Those are an integral part of a proper Insurgency experience to me, and all the existing Altis missions I've found are simply "Clear grids" style missions, which are great, but it's just not the same. Your mission being so awesome ruined the others for me. :)

I am finding the same!!

Hey, Jigsor.

I've been looking to mix up the Minefield task.

Are we able to change the APERS Bounding Mines to say... AT Mines?

Civilians are hitting mines and auto failing the mission.

We changed to AT mines, but now the mission auto completes?

Found a couple of potential issues and or questions:

1. This was on a task assigned to deliver cargo to a specific location via MHQ3 (or whatever the chopper is). So, rather than head straight out in potential danger zone with a chopper full of cargo we went out to recon the landing site and hold security while some other team members went back to base to pickup the chopper. As soon as they entered the chopper enemies were spawned all around the recon force near the landing site. I guess you are only spawning the groups around this task when someone enters the MHQ. Probably should be changed to either spawn as soon as the mission is created or at the very least using some caching algorithm. Although probably nothing required as it looks like there is only 1 task available at a time so its not like a bunch of these will be spawned at the same time. Performance probably negligible.
  2. I'm pretty sure groups were being spawned in close to us a couple of times in extremely unlikely and locations (ie. a location we just vacated mins before). This happened twice at almost the exact same location (within 100-150m) minutes after we killed what appeared to be the first group that appeared. It is very slightly possible 2 groups came from afar somewhere while we were engaged clearing some red squares but didn't look that way. Are you spawning random enemies now and then? Perhaps reinforcements after we take a red square?
  3. After clearing at about half the red squares we were yet to find a briefcase? Are they dropped from enemy AI like the original Arma2 Insurgencies or are they located in buildings just randomly? We killed approximately 270 AI and not a single briefcase seems odd to me.