@ruckinloe. I appologize, v0_97was set force advance flight model on helis before Heli DLC release and was unsure of what that entailed as not having tried the Dev build. Version 0_98 will have this set to option based instead. The change can easily be done yourself if you care to do so by dePBOing the mission and open description.ext in a text editor and change this line:

That's exactly what I did and was simple enough. Thanks for the response and hope your able to make it for a few more of the Arma 2 maps. My friends and I really like these missions.

Great news BMR Insurgency and Insurgency style game mode fans.

It's taken some time but Version 0_98 is complete.

In effort make this mission more server and player friendly, all modded versions have been consolidate into one unified version with exception of Island mods. Mods are now optional.

CAF Agressors and RHS are supported.

New factions Taliban and Islamic State from Middle Eastern Conflict mod have also been incorporated.

The mods are detected and activated in mission depending on loby parameter "Opposing Army/Mod Initialization" and Arma 3 Startup Parameter -mod= to activate mod.

Opposing Army/Mod Initialization

Opposing Army/Mod Initialization

"CSAT															 - Requirements : None",
"AAF															 - Requirements : None",
"Africian Rebel Army and Armed African Civilian Rebel supporters - Requirements : @african_conflict;@nato_russian_sf_weapons",
"CAF Aggressors 												 - Requirements : @caf_ag1.5",
"Syrian Arab Army and QUD Special Forces						 - Requirements : @mec;@nato_russian_sf_weapons;@rds;@rds_tank",
"Syrian Arab Army and Middle Eastern Irregulars					 - Requirements : @mec;@nato_russian_sf_weapons;@rds;@rds_tank",
"Taliban and Islamic State										 - Requirements : @mec;@nato_russian_sf_weapons;@rds;@rds_tank"
"Sud Russians													 - Requirements : @evw;@rds",
"RHS Armed Forces of the Russian Federation						 - Requirements : @rhs_afrf3".

Changelog:

BMR_Insurgency_v0_98

Added: CAF Agressors support

Added: RHS support

Added: Taliban and ISIS factions from Middle Eastern Conclict mod.

Added: Consolidated mod support into 1 version per island. (Choose mod support in parameter "Opposing Army/Mod Initialization")

Added: New mission Destroy mortar squad.

Added: New mission Destroy armed convoy.

Added: New mission Capture n Hold.

Added: Ambient combat 3d sounds.

Added: CH-67 Huron to base and Mi-290 Taron to AI scripts.

Added: New objects from Helicoptor DLC.

Added: Flares to little birds.

Added: Option in lobby parameter "Revive system" allowing only medics to revive.

Added: Lobby parameter "Grass Option None" : "Disable", "Enable" for TAW View Distance.

Added: ZBE_Cache v4.4b by zorrobyte. Adds AI caching to Objective infantry.

Added: CH67 Huron to Logistics script.

Added: Better Joint Rail mod support by Robalo to VAS.

Added: "Restore Loadout" action to Op4_MHQ

Added: Damage protection to Op4 weapon crates

Fixed: Buged wheels stuck in ground in supply convoy mission.

Fixed: Suicide bomber script rpt spam.

Fixed: EOS nvg_gogles error. Factions now spawn with correct Night Vision Goggles.

Fixed: Possible script hang in delivery mission.

Change: Optimized many script operations using newer commands pushBack and isEqualTo.

Change: Initialization order of tasks/ammo cache scripts.

Change: Opfor AAF players have magnified scope "optic_Hamr" on default loadout.

Change: Updated TAW view Distance script to v1.4.

Change: Advanced flight controlls set to options based.

Change: Removed Opfor vehicle reward for ammo cache destroyed.

Change: Adjusted layout of Lobby MP Parameters.

Change: Updated MEC mod support to v0172.

Change: Aircraft no longer activate zones

See first page for Island mod requirements and mission pack download.

Edited by Jigsor

Great work Jig!

Dirty Haz

Pushing Hotfix.

BMR_Insurgency_v0_99

Nothing new added just fixing errors discovered in v0_98.

Fixed :Clean up errors in objectives causing objective rotation to stall.

Changed: some enemy presence default lobby parameters for each map.

Awsome Jigsor! great update again.

btw, just one problem we use this Insurgency with an Dutch Realism Unit but if we try to blow up the Ammo Cache it doesen't work, we have tryed everything! Do you know an fix

We use mods but i think this is an important mod to mention

AGM : maybe this effect's the Insurgency?

Greets Pim

http://forum.2ndcab.nl/page/index.html

Hi, thank you for such a amazing set of missions, that finally relive the A2 days and to put it on fallujah warrants you a medal!

My question is how do I stop the unit being equipping automatically, basically I would like to start with just a empty player that I can customize my own load out

many thanks

@Pimmie,

Thank You for the feedback Pimmie.

As is in v0_99 and all previous versions, only A3 satchels and demo charges can blow up the ammo cache.

This ammo or projectile detection is scripted with "HandleDamage" eventHandler.

I've never used AGM but have downloaded and tried it now.

AGM renames all A3 explosive classes.

To make this aspect AGM compatible and A3 compatible is as easy as changing the line in function JIG_ammmoCache_damage located in INSfncs/server_fncs.sqf from this:

if ((_ammo == "satchelCharge_remote_ammo") || (_ammo == "demoCharge_remote_ammo")) then {

to this:

if ((_ammo == "satchelCharge_remote_ammo") || (_ammo == "demoCharge_remote_ammo") || (_ammo == "satchelCharge_remote_ammo_scripted") || (_ammo == "demoCharge_remote_ammo_scripted")) then {

There is also an identical line in function JIG_tower_damage limiting destruction of radio tower and power tower used in objectives to "satchelCharge_remote_ammo" and "demoCharge_remote_ammo" ammos only that would need to be changed to above to make objectives compatible with AGM as well.

@[=SFLR=]DK,

Thank you. Fallujah was a lot of work to get the gid setup properly. Glad you enjoy it.

This change is easy. In init_player.sqf Under line 34 " waitUntil {!isNull player && player == player};"

add these lines:

removeAllWeapons player;
removeAllAssignedItems player;
removeAllContainers player;
removeHeadgear player;
removeGoggles player;

Thanks again guys and Pimmie please let me know if AGM or anybody comes up with fix or solution.

Edited by Jigsor

This for the reply, extra brownie point for you as I found you can add units into the editor with out having to add them to the scripts and still have Al show, make the mission more open to customise groups with out having to swap gear :) with future up dates is it possible to customise the parameters to have more or less feature so I.e turn logistic off, no MHQ, turn on and off as I don't use that, option to turn the health and wind function on/off. Basically all I tend to use is bis virtual arsenal, alive vas system and cse, so the maps not working as hard running scripts I'm not using, If that make any sense lol

@ [=SFLR=]DK

, the next update will have Status Hud on bottom right (direction, fps, health, stamina) assigned its own button in the UI so you can toggle it on or off. Off will be default.

Logistics will be an option.

I will experiment with possibility to have MHQ's as option. Until update you can simply disable logistics by removing this line from init.sqf.

_logistic = execVM "=BTC=_Logistic\=BTC=_logistic_init.sqf";

Thank you for the feedback [=SFLR=]DK.

Edited by Jigsor

The explosives issue has been solved by a friend and myself while we were trying to edit a few things inside to better suit our play style and the play style we are getting our friends into,

satchelCharge_remote_ammo MUST MUST MUST be changed to satchelCharge_remote_ammo_scripted

demoCharge_remote_ammo MUST MUST MUST be changed to demoCharge_remote_ammo_scripted

Yep, that's just adding "_scripted" at the end of it to make it work with AGM, tried and true, it works.

Hope this helps.

Following this post for more information and ability to help others.

The explosives issue has been solved by a friend and myself while we were trying to edit a few things inside to better suit our play style and the play style we are getting our friends into,

satchelCharge_remote_ammo MUST MUST MUST be changed to satchelCharge_remote_ammo_scripted

demoCharge_remote_ammo MUST MUST MUST be changed to demoCharge_remote_ammo_scripted

Yep, that's just adding "_scripted" at the end of it to make it work with AGM, tried and true, it works.

Hope this helps.

Following this post for more information and ability to help others.

Thanks for the finding correct classname. Post 57 has corrected code and is working.

Update:

New problem found.

HandleDamage eventhandler

_source = _this select 3;

returns

Owner:<NULL-object>

It only is working when damage is from other ammo type beside explosives.

So the scoring, side limitation of who can blow cache and vehicle rewards are not working further down within the same function JIG_ammmoCache_damage. Seems related to similar problem reported here:

Edited by Jigsor

It worked Jigsor! Thx it made AGM Compatible for blowing the ammo cache

Thanks for the finding correct classname. Post 57 has corrected code and is working.

Update:

New problem found.

HandleDamage eventhandler

_source = _this select 3;

returns

Owner:<NULL-object>

It only is working when damage is from other ammo type beside explosives.

So the scoring, side limitation of who can blow cache and vehicle rewards are not working further down within the same function JIG_ammmoCache_damage. Seems related to similar problem reported here:

I didn't realize this was a problem for anybody else and that's foolish of me to assume given that it's an issue with AGM and the way the explosives are handled, correct?

The source should be the player who placed the charge, but AGM makes that difficult..

Any ideas?

I currently have none except changing the source until it works, but that's useless without valid information.

Edited by Constance68W

Yeah AGM explosives are scripted by mod, thus no owner.

Untill AGM has proper explosives you can just remove the the modular corresponding files agm_explosives.pbo and agm_explosives.pbo.agm.bisign. server and client side. Or just the pbo if keys are not an issue.

Some of the new features for Version 1 are patched up in This Takistan v0_992

Dropboxed mission pbo here.

AI recruitment will be supported in next version.

Added: BTC Quick Revive Support

Added: MHQ option in Revive Sytem MP lobby parameters.

Added: Partial fix for AGM explosives compatibility

Changed: Vehicle Air Drop Reward position uses new mapclick function instead of player position.

Changed: many minor optimizations to scripts

Changed: Delivery mission to make compatible with no MHQ in revive system.

Changed: Blufor Base/Zone protection from BIS module to a more consistant scripted function. All enemy are intrinsically killed.

Changed: Assigned Status Hud a toggle button in UI.

Changed: Add MP lobby Parameter Logistics.

Changed: Updated real_weather.sqf v1.2 to v1.3

Changed: Updated to support latest @MEC v018. Now uses CUP weapons instead of Massi's weapons.

Fixed: Script error in deployOpforMHQ.sqf.

Fixed: Respawned ammo cache debug marker update.

Fixed: Some intel didn't have grab action.// Needs Testing

Fixed: Heli Extraction was broken 1 or 2 versions previous.

Know Issue: Bug if Extraction caller switches in or out of his group leadership role after extraction called and before cancelled or completed.

Edited by Jigsor

Having issues with the Supply Delivery objective,

Doesn't start,

Lifting with BTC and loading with BTK doesn't seem to have any bearing or effect on the box.

Dropping it in the area is also a moot point since there are triggers the delivery.sqf is waiting for that just don't happen.

Any word on this, Jigsor?

If not, I'm looking to remove it, so the players can continue with missions.

Thanks for letting me know Constance68W. Just tested with players on dedi, was working fine. You need to use BTK Load Cargo for that objective. Its really the only reason BTK is in the mission at this point. I'll try to reproduce further. What mission version is it _99 or _992? and which Revive/MHQ combination MP lobby setting are you using?

Edited by Jigsor

Version .99, I have yet to move all of my updates to the newest version as I just finished working on this one.

Is it vehicle specific?

I've gone in and changed BTK to allow our current MHQ_3 to be able to load but still no dice.

Is there any way to convert to using the BTC Lift?

Version 99 shouldn't have any problems with delivery mission. The only thing I can think of is that your edit is affecting somehow maybe. Version 992 has significant changes to delivery objective to accommodate for new option feature No MHQ in revive system. The easiest way to bypass any objective without changing to many arrays definitions and other related scripts is to put this line at the top of any objective script.

if (true) exitWith {sleep 5; nul = [] execVM "Objectives\random_objectives.sqf";};

BTC Lift is now optional with Logistics lobby parameter setting in v992 as per request.

BTK works better for delivery because it sets variables that can be monitored and wait for true in delivery mission. Plus it just looks cooler , as you can actually see cargo in Mohawk. As I said delivery mission is reason for adding BTK. BTC logistics was already in there before but could not make compatible with objective..

The following applies to all versions.

If you take a look at random_objectives.sqf there are lines you can uncomment for each objective that will force that objective to be selected in order to test any changes you made..

The name in the editor for chopper should be MHQ_3.

Edited by Jigsor

I've gone in and edited the whole thing to work with BTK, but still no luck.

I'll drop that fix in and test on the side until I can get it to work.

Thanks for providing that for me, much appreciated!

Is it because we ARE NOT using the Mohawk as the MHQ_3?

It's class specific. in Settings_Transporter.sqf

(_Transporter isKindOf "I_Heli_Transport_02_F")

Also, if not using mohawk you need to add types/change scripts in BTK that specify animations, attachto points, etc.

At this point in the mission the only A3 vehicle set to correctly work with BTK is the Mohawk because its an A2 script set and I've not adapted any other vehicles..

Edited by Jigsor

Hi, there is a way to increase the intel markers size ??

I think that increasing it would force players to search more for intel instead of going to the exact place where intels are.

Thank you.

Hello luks7n2 and welcome to the forums.

In scripts\ghst_PutinBuildIntel.sqf

change line 69 from this:

_params_PutinBuild = [[_mkr_position],[30,30,0],[_intel],[true,"ColorBlack",[3,3],true],false];

to something like this:

_params_PutinBuild = [[_mkr_position],[30,30,0],[_intel],[true,"ColorBlack",[10,10],true],false];

[3,3] regulates the size of marker in 2 axis.

Keeping the 2 numbers the same will make a round maker. The higher the numbers the bigger the marker.

Are there any plans to add more zones to the N'Ziwasogo terrain?

EDIT: If not could someone explain how I can edit the mission to add more squares to a terrain?

Edited by Victor87