@metric,

Those are all very good Ideas Metric and appreciate the feedback.

I had planed to make marine crafts/dock available in N'ziwasogo version but forgot to do it. Thanks for reminding me.

The next update will have infantry probability lobby parameter. A dynamic sensitivity for spawning AI based on player count or players in/near zone would be the best solution but really is beyond me on how to incorporate this into the existing mission infrastructure.

How the Suicide bomber script works is complicated and even more complicated to explain step by step and even more so since I just added to and enhanced to script.

The way it was before was sort of a compromise on just getting to work period and the script being effective with Civ AI not losing their way. The Civ behavior is very different form infantry.

Basically a random blufor player is chosen by server as bomber target as long as he is not within 250 meters of base, is flying/in high structure, moving to fast like in a vehicle, or on to steep an incline. Once spawned, his target then actually becomes the blufor player closest to him. It could be your squad mate. he will move to him as fast as the civs can go. Script then waits until bomber is either to far away or less than 17 meters. If to far away, (now set at 110 meters) script deletes bomber and loop continues with a delay. if bomber managers to get within less than 17 meters of you his attached bomb is spawned and a terrifying Allahu Akbar yell ensues before he detonates. You have maybe a 2 or 3 second window after bomb appears to shoot him down before it goes off. Kind of realistic in the manner that it would probably be concealed until the last moment. When you kill civilians, the default game engine behavior subtracts point from you and gives to negative ratting. When negative ratting becomes very low -20,000 I believe, then all faction are fully turned against you even your own. So, to counter that when a civilian suicide bomber is killed by blufor player point and ratting is compensated by script to keep you in good graces. I've just finished the update to the suicide bomber script. It has extended spawn range to give you a little more time for observation and anticipation. For now you can disable it in lobby if to annoying or hindering.

Thanks again for the input.

Thanks for the response.

For the infantry probability lobby parameter. I think it's best to keep it simple. Don't bother with the player count near the zone. There's a lot of things in there that can potentially go wrong.... Like for example; what if one player initially activates a grid; then another player comes in ? Will it be a deluge of AI spawns ?

I'd say just go for presets as stated in the lobby parameter. I'll be willing to assist with tweaking the numbers (specially for small ops).

Mission Pack updated. Version number is unchanged. Still v0_96.

Added Infantry probability parameter.

Extended Suicide Bomber spawn distance.

Fixed bug in Deliver Supplies mission that occurred on dedicated server.

Few minor performance tweaks.

Added Marine Dock to N'zwasogo version.

Spent quite a number of hours testing out and playing the maps.

Reporting on minor issues found.

- The infantry probability set at 25% is still too much against a small unit op. In fact there isn't a noticeable change in the number of infantry spawned. How much infantry spawns at 25% compared to 100% ?

- Setting the starting time parameter at 0700 hours. 7 times out of 10 will not start at the stated time. Usually starts at midnight.

Suggestions

- For the N'zwasogo map; I suggest moving the marina closer to the airfield. There's a nice spot about north north east of the airfield.

- Somebody already suggested placing minor AO's on smaller towns.

Questions:

- What exactly does AI accuracy on non EOS units mean ?

- For the N'zwasogo map; I suggest moving the marina closer to the airfield. There's a nice spot about north north east of the airfield.

I figured north side would be save some driving time as base Island is Very far from main zone areas. You can transfer/teleport to the dock at flagpole. It can be easily dragged to north east side of base in editor.

- Somebody already suggested placing minor AO's on smaller towns.

I added about 95 new grid markers, On v0_96 for a total of 280. New grid markers are in some villages and towns surroung main cities

Its very easy to add new grid squares but loboriusly tedious and least favorite part in developing this mission. Please feel free to modify/add the zones.

Each square has diffent AI type/spawn settings.

The most effort so far in the number of grid zones has been in Takistan which suprisingly has 308.

Questions:

- What exactly does AI accuracy on non EOS units mean ?

It over writes default AI settings with the settings defined in functions "BTC_AI_init" for single units and "BTC_AIunit_init" for groups in scripts/server_fncs.sqf. The functions check for ASR AI mod and if enabled ASR AI settings will supercede located in game installation folder userconfig if loby paramter set to 1. This does not affect any units spawned by EOS grid. It has its own settings in eos/AI_Skill.sqf.

AI using the BTC funtions are AIR and AI spawned by Objectives.

- The infantry probability set at 25% is still too much against a small unit op. In fact there isn't a noticeable change in the number of infantry spawned. How much infantry spawns at 25% compared to 100% ?

Not sure what is going on here as the probability parameter works for Civis and uses the same type of function.

- Setting the starting time parameter at 0700 hours. 7 times out of 10 will not start at the stated time. Usually starts at midnight.

I've got an idea for this one. looking into it now..

Thanks again for the feedback metric.

Edited by Jigsor

Questions:

It over writes default AI settings with the settings defined in functions "BTC_AI_init" for single units and "BTC_AIunit_init" for groups in scripts/server_fncs.sqf. The functions check for ASR AI mod and if enabled ASR AI settings will supercede located in game installation folder userconfig if loby paramter set to 1. This does not affect any units spawned by EOS grid. It has its own settings in eos/AI_Skill.sqf.

AI using the BTC funtions are AIR and AI spawned by Objectives.

Alright. So what does setting it to 0.1 and 1 do ? Does it affect gameplay in any way ? My apologies. My viewpoint is from a user not as a fellow developer. So I might not have caught most of it.

One more question: Do you or if you have a clan. Happen to have a public server running your missions ? Not everyday I can run ops with my friends, and if so I'd just hop in for a game or two. Hopefully I can find some things worth noting about.

Nothing further to add at this point in time.

Thanks for the replies. Great job as always.

Sorry, I misread your original question.

"- What exactly does AI accuracy on non EOS units mean ?"

And my answer was reguarding this parameter:

"Set AI skill on non EOS units"

Your question was about this parameter:

"AI accuracy on non EOS units"

Answer:

Adjusts accuracy for those units using the skill parameter

0.1 = lousy aim. 1 = aim bot. As long as ASR AI not detected.

Time parameter has been fixed. Found a problem that was allowing it to only work with one weather script and not both.

As for server. As of this last year my rather small group Black Mamba Rangers has been calling Onion Gamers server home when it comes to Arma. BMR Insurgency and iterations there of have been running nearly continously for appoximately 3 months now. Server is in San Diego California. I do much of the server maintenance/setup there along with Server owner, long time Arma enthusiast and good friend AJAX of Onion Gamers. We invite anyone who is mature and a team player to join us in a game. Best if you have a mic and join us on teamspeak.

http://ts3.oniongamers.com/ or "24.248.173.170"

http://www.gametracker.com/clan/OnionGamers/

http://bmr-squad.com/

Edited by Jigsor

Can't seem to be able to get into the server.

Says

No entry

config.bin/Cfgworlds/Takistan.description

I have all the required mods since after all; I am running your missions when me and my friends play.

Metric are you running

@AllInArmaTerrainPack ?

It is required for Zargabad and Takistan which is currently running on server not A3MP required by N'ziwasogo version. Server is also running keys. Means you can only get on with certain mods. AJAX put together and shared a collection of mods on PWS it includes some favorite weapons mods. I need to get him to do a write up on how to get to the shared collection as I have no idea how.

Also dissable A3MP if running.

If you just run only the mods on first page required for the mission that is currently running you should be able to get in.

Yup I'm already running @AllInArmaTerrainPack as I use that to run your mission.

I've also disabled all unnecessary mods.

Come on teamspeak and I'll try to help you get it sorted..

Yup I'm already running @AllInArmaTerrainPack as I use that to run your mission.

I've also disabled all unnecessary mods.

New stuff to report:

- Infantry probability parameter in Zargabad works.

- Armor probability parameter in Zargabad might have some issues. We set it at 0% but we sill encountered armor.

- Not sure how much optimization you've done for Zargabad... I seem to suffer FPS hits from there.

- Drag-Carry will appear only for a split second.

- Some sort of bug with the UGV. My friend was suddenly stuck; unable to move himself when he called in the UGV. Exact circumstance for replicating this is currently unknown. We'll try to investigate. Probably one reason is that he has died and been revived several times before that.

Now that is wicked sick ! Excited to see that. Total urban warfare.

Big,

Please do not update Mission Pack on Armaholic yet.

All older version's in the pack still need to be updated to v097.

Thank You.

Here are Fallujah versions to try for anybody interested done up in 4 mod variants of BMR_Insurgency_v097 Fallujah

The northern zone markers are still unassigned as shown in my previous post.

Disregard the grey area. There is still plenty of city to fight in as is.

Currently there are 950 zones/grid markers assigned and completed. The total markers count if/when completed will total about 1250.

It is an insanely amount.

As for performance, A3MP gives me better performance vs AllInArmaTerrainPack. I've only tested with 6 players. Its Very Good.

I'd rather use AllInArmaTerrainPack because of working lighting and other nice features. In AIA terrain thread some report experiencing the opposite effect of better performance with AllInArmaTerrainPack.

Hence my release of required mod variants here.

Also, two versions requiring no other mods besides one of the map packs and fallujah making it easier for public players to join.

As for the modded versions they are using Middle Eastern Conflict mod and its dependencies.

You can fight against

Syrian Arab Army and Middle Eastern Irregulars,

Syrian Arab Army and QUD Special forces unit of Iran's Revolutionary Guards,

Sud Russians,

as well as CSAT and AAF.

I've tested the new mission and scripts on dedicated and hosted server so it should be very stable.

BMR_Insurgency_v097

Fallujah mod variants

Unmoded (island exclusion):

BMR_Insurgency_v097a3mp.fallujah

Required mods:

-mod=@CBA_A3;@A3MP;@a3mp_ap;@fallujah1_2

BMR_Insurgency_v097aia.fallujah

Required mods:

-mod=@CBA_A3;@AllInArmaTerrainPack@fallujah1_2

Moded:

BMR_Insurgency_v097MEC1.fallujah

Required mods:

-mod=@CBA_A3;@A3MP;@a3mp_ap;@fallujah1_2;@nato_russian_sf_weapons;@USMC_A3;@evw;@rds;@rds_tank;@mec

Optional recommended additional mods:

@hiddenidentitypack //for head dress variation

@ASR_AI3// AI skills

BMR_Insurgency_v097MEC2.fallujah

Required mods:

-mod=@CBA_A3;@AllInArmaTerrainPack@fallujah1_2;@nato_russian_sf_weapons;@USMC_A3;@evw;@rds;@rds_tank;@mec

Optional recommended additional mods:

@hiddenidentitypack //for head dress variation

@ASR_AI3// AI skills

Change Log:

Added: Opfor players can deploy MHQ truck which will set CSAT ammo, weapons and support boxes at OpforMHQ location.

Added new Convoy mission.

Summary: Blufor must destroy all 4 support vehicles and their crew.

Added modified BIS_fnc_taskPatrol "Veh_taskPatrol_mod" function code by Demonized to fix some vehicle bugs not moving when speed or behavior was not defined for each waypoint.

Added based protection to Blufor bases. Opfor players have 10 seconds to leave the zone or will be killed.

Added loby parameter to disable environmental effects (ambient life + sound) for minor performance increase.

Added function to set array of markers to alpha 0 for those created/moved by opposing side.

Fixed: Respawn and spectate button moved down away from screen edge. Should resolve issue for laptop users who can't see the buttons.

Fixed: Starting time parameter now working with both weather scripts.

Change: Merged all OpenMe.sqf variant scripts from EOS to one file in effort to reduce mission size and add easier modding flexibility.

Change: Suicide bomber target tracking to real time tracking.

Change: Doubled number of maximum foot civilians spawned. Previous max number equivalent can be achieved by setting foot civilian probability lobby parameter

to 50%.

Change: Streamlined Opfor player default loadout script.

Change: TK punishment time increased to 60 seconds. Added sound fx.

Improved: Less intel and ammo cache stuck in floors and walls of legacy buildings.

Download:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/akiklppm6btze85/BMR%20Insurgency%20Fallujah.zip?dl=0

I'll appreciate any feedback.

Edited by Jigsor

Small update to Fallujah pack.

Fixed: some Arma 3 weapon crates inventory not accessible.

Added new unit classes for Sud Russians that came in East vs. West mod update today.Download above updated.

Edited by Jigsor

All looking good so far... No issues to report.

All looking good so far... No issues to report.

Thank you for the feedback metric. Glad to hear.

I updated the Fallujah pack again last night. It has an updated IDE script and I believe I've fixed the issue of intel and ammo caches clipping and spawning in walls and floors.

Mission pack updated to version 0_97

Big if you wouldn't mind, could you please reupload mission pack to Armaholic once again?

Thank You.

Hotfixed all missions.

Fixed: animation bug found in Delivery mission due to BIS command change

Fixed: Script errors in rewarded vehicle paradrop.

Removed Weapons marker created when deploying Opfor MHQ.

Edited by Jigsor

Is there a way to get the CAF aggressors option for takistan? also if i select CSAT it still kicks people for not having massi units

I was wondering if I am doing something wrong or is there a way to remove the controls and hud for choppers. This is the only one of the pack the flying controls are not setup like normal Arma 3. None of us can fly a chopper and we love everything else.

Edit

I did look under my settings and tried changing flight mode between standard and advance and there is no change. Seems they are stuck in advance mode, is there a way I can disable that feature. Thank you

Edited by ruckinjoe

Is there a way to get the CAF aggressors option for takistan? also if i select CSAT it still kicks people for not having massi units

I am currently working on a version to support CAF as opposing force and should be done within a couple of days.

---------- Post added at 05:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:23 PM ----------

I was wondering if I am doing something wrong or is there a way to remove the controls and hud for choppers. This is the only one of the pack the flying controls are not setup like normal Arma 3. None of us can fly a chopper and we love everything else.

Edit

I did look under my settings and tried changing flight mode between standard and advance and there is no change. Seems they are stuck in advance mode, is there a way I can disable that feature. Thank you

@ruckinloe. I appologize, v0_97was set force advance flight model on helis before Heli DLC release and was unsure of what that entailed as not having tried the Dev build. Version 0_98 will have this set to option based instead. The change can easily be done yourself if you care to do so by dePBOing the mission and open description.ext in a text editor and change this line:

forceRotorLibSimulation		= 1;// Default value: 0 - options based; 1 - force enable; 2 - force disable

to this:

forceRotorLibSimulation		= 0;// Default value: 0 - options based; 1 - force enable; 2 - force disable

Then convert the mission back to pbo file.

I am currently working on a version to support CAF as opposing force and should be done within a couple of days.

---------- Post added at 05:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:23 PM ----------

@ruckinloe. I appologize, v0_97was set force advance flight model on helis before Heli DLC release and was unsure of what that entailed as not having tried the Dev build. Version 0_98 will have this set to option based instead. The change can easily be done yourself if you care to do so by dePBOing the mission and open description.ext in a text editor and change this line:

forceRotorLibSimulation		= 1;// Default value: 0 - options based; 1 - force enable; 2 - force disable

to this:

forceRotorLibSimulation		= 0;// Default value: 0 - options based; 1 - force enable; 2 - force disable

Then convert the mission back to pbo file.

Thanks for the fast reply! cant wait to see CAF.

I also think the option for rotolib would be great!