Sign in to follow this  
jcae2798

[SP ALIVE] Taskistan Insurgency

What's up all. I'm a big SP fan and have been playing ALIVE versions of insurgency style missions for some time niw. Lately I've been thinking of putting something together for the community. Mission is designed as follows:

1. Freedom to roam towns and clear areas as see's fit.

2. Use ALIVE features (Dynamic Combat, AI Transport and CAS requests)

3. Few random tasks created by mission maker

4. Random tasks created by ALIVE

The mission has the following features:

1. HALO Insertions

2. AI Recruitment

3. Ability to change hour of day (Nightime Ops)

4. Multiple Vehicles to use with Respawn enabled

5. Since saving ALIVE missions is disabled, this mission allows respawn in SP mode!

6. JTAC Features thanks to modder (See below addons)

7. AI Revive System (A3 Wounding System)

8. UAV to transport vehicles and supplies (Thanks to @j4p_ucsv)

9. Service stations for Refuel/Rearm

Required Addons:

@ALIVE

@CAF_AGRESSORS

@A3MP

Optional Addons. (**If you choose not to use these, vehicles and features could be missing from the mission. I have not converted the existing units to vanilla units):

@RAV_LIFTER_A3

@TOG_jtac

@DAR_HMMWV

@DAR_MTVR

@FFAAV601

@HAFM_ARMA2_HELIS

@IVORY_EAGLE

@j4p_ucsv

@JS_JC_FA18

@KYO_MH47E

Credits to the community that has shared a bunch of added features and scripts to make missions like this possible. Also to those who help MM to learn like myself.

Credits to Phronk for his mission base templates and ideas: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?173377-Takistan-Insurgency-development-phase

Download Link

Armaholic mirror:

- Alive Takistan insurgency (@)

Future plans is to enhance and build same style on other maps.

Edited by JCae2798

This should work as coop as well as i have a few switchable players placed down. Theres still some improvements to do so i'll think about it if theres enough interest.

BTW i use the SBE ARMY and MK18 mods so when i placed units i set them to my specific loadout…i'll change this in future updates so for now just use the virtual arsenal to change your loadout as needed

I am really looking forward to playing this.

I haven't played ALiVE yet but would your mission translate on a different map hypothetically? For example would it be easy for you to play a similar version of this on a Jungle map or is it a huge rewrite?

Just curious. I make SP maps for myself and really enjoy it, although basic, but I sometimes just want to jump in and play, also some randomness is fun. When you build the map you also know what to expect.

Actually i already built something similar with that map and pirates so if there's enough interest i'll update and release!

Great thing about ALIVE is its all random. Took me a little to learn and get use to but that mostly what i play now. Their support calls for both CAS and transport are awesome.

Actually i already built something similar with that map and pirates so if there's enough interest i'll update and release!

Great thing about ALIVE is its all random. Took me a little to learn and get use to but that mostly what i play now. Their support calls for both CAS and transport are awesome.

Excellent, count me in.

Hey guys keep me posted on any changes needed. If all is well, then my next only update will be a small change to stop the unit from spawning naked when the mission starts. Also i'll begin working on other maps. But would like to rule out any issues here, or get additional feedback on what they would like to see added or changed to current design. Thanks

I have to say I've been playing this alone for a while and its really, really fun. I would suggest adding more side missions AND more important make them appear at random places, also random number of enemies in each mission would be cool.

I have a question, I don't like to respawn on another playable unit every time I die. I understand it's because I've been playing it in SP mode so, If i create my mission as MP session (for me only) would I break any code/script inside it?

Thanks in advance.

@AlexSegon - I am looking into this, but the problem is since you can't save, I would rather throw all the tasks out at once and you choose and play the ones you want after load-up. his way you don't run the risk of playing the same tasks over and over since you cant save.

Yea sorry @teoleo, with the ALIVE mod, saving feature is broken.

So here's a quick update....I'm in the middle of building a similar version on the Nziwasogo map. Have built a few more missions. My plans are as follows:

1. Release a SP and COOP ver of ALIVE version

2. Build a EOS version which will allow saving for SP mode and probably better performance over ALIVE

Having quite a bit of fun with this one. However I do feel that the missions are quite repetitive. I mean they are always at the same location it seems.

Is it possible to move them around. For example the enemy "base" is always on the west point in the middle of a valley, destroy house is always in the middle, etc.

Also, I'm having trouble with the helo transports. They never pick me up where i tell them and mostly choose places far away from me, sometimes even crashing. Also while landing to drop me off the pilot takes ages to land properly and if I get out before my team, the pilot leaves with them.

A great example of the best functionality for helo transports is in the Dynamic Universal War System mission on steam workshop. IMHO it's flawless.

Any chance of populating the map a bit more with Enemy AI? I feel it is slightly unbalanced.

More civilians would be great too.

Any chance of choosing how many BLUFOR bases you want? I'd mostly like to play only with one.

Thanks for you hard work mate!

A.

@alexeme - I hear what our saying. Right now the tasks are hardcoded/static. So they will not change every time you load. Unfortunately not sure if i will be changing this as of right now. This mission was designed for quick action fun with random enemies and few playable tasks. You can play it anyway you want. Each town should have enemies and you can attack and plan it as you wish.

For the heli transport, are you using the alive tablet? I find the ALIVE works pretty well actually. TO access it you will need to have the LASER_Designator on you and use the ALIVE custom key to bring up the menu, then then select the combat support. Let me know.

As for the bases, you will only have the north and south bases to use. Again this is hardcoded. I do not know enough on how to script in random locations like some of the other mission makers use, but i'll do some research for future releases.

Thanks for the feedback.

---------- Post added at 14:02 ---------- Previous post was at 13:59 ----------

@AlexSegon - The respawn works the same way it does in MP, you are not respawning into another playable unit. I only have them there in the event the respawn fails which has happened randomly for whatever reasons.

For those looking to cheat, you can always use the ALIVE teleport feature ;)

Can one of the MODS rename my thread please?

Please rename to "[sP ALIVE] Insurgency style missions"'

Thank you